Yay 1St Day On Dkr ...

Notifications
Clear all

Yay 1St Day On Dkr Regimen! To Cure My Cystic Acne !

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 11/08/2012 12:16 pm

yep, i eat very well. low dairy, low sugar, tons of veg, take probiotics & saw palmetto. almost no alcohol or caffeine. no gluten or wheat at all.

Sounds like a great diet, similar to mine al i need to add is Probiotics.

Saw palmetto did nothing for my acne. I was on it for almost 6 months.

I've been on the regimen for 10 days. It certainly helps, but it's far from perfect. I still get the odd massive pimple whiich is embarassing. Also, the reigmen itself is frustrating (especially certain times like vacation, or spending the night at my girlfriends, or having the BP ruin a shirt when it gets on the collar)

I haven't found it to be as good as many people here make it out to be. It helps, no doubt. However for me, it hasn't been a miracle worker.

Well The regimen isnt going to cure you from acne, there is no cure for acne. It is just a 3 step that helps manage an lessen your breakouts. Ive only been n it 3 weeks as of today and i still breakout almost everyday. Its not a cure and it is not a miracle but it sure has kept my acne under control.

Stick to it and you will be shock at the results. Im planning to stick by it for a while :)

DAY 21:

Hooray ! today marks 3 weeks into the regimen. Side effects are almost gone it has gotten more tolerable :) .

I woke up to a cyst on my Right temple. How lame and last night i was moisturizing and that cyst i had on my cheekbone on my left side had been there for 2 weeks. It was so annoying that i decided to extract it . Yup ! It bled so much i held a cotton ball, i know big mistake but i am praying eusa_pray.gif that it doesnt leave a scar. I regretted it the moment after but it had to be done. I applied BP onto it. Now its a scab, so hopefully that suckers falls off by tomorrow.

I have about 8 actives at the moment. I am so ready for my breakouts to stop attacking my face. Argh i hate you acne. I dont understand why they like to colonize my face lol. It is torture walking around with active acne. I would chose red marks over active acne. So i have 1 cyst and a couple of pimples spread out on my chin and cheeks. Well i still have a long way to go and the good thing about this is that the worst has passed hopefully :D

Be blessed people and embrace your beauty ! grinwink.gifcool.png

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 11/09/2012 9:34 am

Hey AbyBar!! OMG... Your post remind me of my own when I began DKR in January 2012... You're in the beginning stages and there will be times your skin will get worse but keep consistent... Remember to give your skin time to adjust and listen to it as much as you can.. Stick precisely to DKR and you'll have clear, beautiful skin in no time... :) I, like you, had severe cystic/hormonal acne, which fluctuated between mild and painfully severe for almost 20 years... For the first time in my life, I've finally taken control of my skin and my life and wish you the same moving forward... Good luck and if you'd like any advice, feel free to holla... Take care... :)

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 11/09/2012 11:57 am

Hey AbyBar!! OMG... Your post remind me of my own when I began DKR in January 2012... You're in the beginning stages and there will be times your skin will get worse but keep consistent... Remember to give your skin time to adjust and listen to it as much as you can.. Stick precisely to DKR and you'll have clear, beautiful skin in no time... smile.png I, like you, had severe cystic/hormonal acne, which fluctuated between mild and painfully severe for almost 20 years... For the first time in my life, I've finally taken control of my skin and my life and wish you the same moving forward... Good luck and if you'd like any advice, feel free to holla... Take care... smile.png

Thank you so much and i am very happy with the results i am getting so far :)

in less than a month i already have a few actives !!!!

I will definitely take your word and stick to it !!!!

I am glad that your absolutely comfortable with your skin now. If you say it helped with yours i am positive that it will help keep mine under control. Thanks again. Hug and kisses ;D

DAY 22:

OK. Finally some healing time after the picking i did last night he-he. Symptoms have subsided finally. Now using 2 full pumps, it no longer stings or itches. Finally those awful symptoms are over. I have approx. like 3 actives hooray and many red marks.

Finally seeing results in less than a month. I have one active cyst on my left temple, it hasnt dried yet. That sucker lol. My skin gets flakey from time to time but its not severe flaking anymore, glad thats over. I can apply make up without looking all cakey but i chose not too until my skin is completely clear.

Stick to the regimen it works it just takes patience. One of the tricks ive learned is to not look into the mirror that often, when i dont look in the mirror i avoid picking and i dont get all depressed. Depression affects my hormones and i get more breakouts when im feeling blue.

Anyways i guess im all done for today. Have a wonderful day people. Embrace your beauty because you are all beautiful in your own way ;D

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 11/13/2012 3:54 pm

DAY 26:

Once again i haven't been able to log in and type down my progress because of my heavy load of studying. With that said i've also came to the conclusion that i will not type down my progress as often because i dont want to type repetitive passages but feel free to PM and i will gladly respond to them and support any fellow sufferer that is in need of some friendly advice. I am your girl :)

The condition of my skin is now far better then before starting the regimen. The symptoms have finally subsided and my skin has adapted to the 2 full pumps of BP :

As of now i have maybe about 3 tiny pimples one on my r/t cheek near my temple and the other two on my left temple with many blemishes that are slowly fading away and huge pores. Gah, i hate my noticeable pores. Also i'm guilty when it comes to picking. It is a terrible habit that i must break off because picking just makes the condition of my skin worse.I've only been picking at my chin thougheusa_wall.gif. I have small colorless bumps that are annoying as hell. lol. To top it off my diet has not been so healthy these past weeks but i've noticed that i havent broken out severely however that does not mean that i will veer off my strict diet so starting today no more cheap snacks grinwink.gif .

Overall this journey has been tough and i have a long way but i am willing to push forward and persevere.

Be blessed or die trying cheer.gif .

MemberMember
(@zoomer)

Posted : 11/17/2012 1:52 am

I think I've been on the regimen for about the same time. I think my skin has improved, I feel that the type of acne I get has changed, before I would get pimples that you are able to pop, I barely get those now days, now I mostly get red bumps that never make it to the surface....they just sit there forever and are very annoying. I've been trying to eat healthier and cutting bad habits such as drinking soda and such. Just keeping a good attitude I think is slowly improving !

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 11/17/2012 10:18 pm

I think I've been on the regimen for about the same time. I think my skin has improved, I feel that the type of acne I get has changed, before I would get pimples that you are able to pop, I barely get those now days, now I mostly get red bumps that never make it to the surface....they just sit there forever and are very annoying. I've been trying to eat healthier and cutting bad habits such as drinking soda and such. Just keeping a good attitude I think is slowly improving !

Awesome then we must be experiencing about the same symptoms since we are about the same time into the regimen :)

Same here i use to get cysts and now i only get pimples. the regular ones . Its like you said lets keep our hopes high and optimistic level high !!!!!!!!!!!!

1 MONTH:

Hip hip hooray ! One month in and sadly i have broken out. GAHHHHH!! I think my menstrual is a mega contributor to that !!!!

I broke out with one cyst and a couple of regular pimples and i have to admit i have been a little depressed because of the breakouts. My skin is a little dry so i have added 8 drops of jojoba oil @ night but the dryness is still persistent. BOO ! However, this will NOT stop me. I will continue DKR and hopefully anyone reading this log that is on dkr and feels like giving up that you dont give up. It is a tough journey but who said life was easy. Nope sir. It's a battle we must continue. Lets keep trucking !!! LIFE is full of obstacles we just have to push through. Im praying eusa_pray.gif that these breakouts heal and fade away soon. Well stay blessed or die trying peeps :)

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 11/19/2012 12:27 pm

Hello love! I am happy to see that you have started your own post! I love you! I know that if anyone can do this, it is definitely you my friend. :) I love you lots and lots and lots and lots :P

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 11/21/2012 10:48 am

Hello love! I am happy to see that you have started your own post! I love you! I know that if anyone can do this, it is definitely you my friend. smile.png I love you lots and lots and lots and lots tongue.png

Deniz i love youuuuuu lots. You are a true inspiration !!!!! ;)

DAY 34:

Alrighty so those miniature breakouts i had last week are almost all gone.

Most of my blemishes are fading away :

Dan's regimen has been a true savior . I am so happy that i have stuck to it regardless of the symptoms. Im currently itchy on my jawline and chin and on my temples. I have about 5 active pimples with one being a cyst. I can't wait to be down to zero actives. Some parts of my face feel uber soft like a baby's bottom :) Im liking.

Be blessed or die trying peeps.

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 11/21/2012 3:55 pm

hey

i followed thereisalwayshope in her early days and she has one of the best attitudes i have come across on the boards.

Looks like you are not far off either :) your attitude and determination is half of the battle won.

i wish you all the best and i like your saying 'be bless or die trying' its pretty darn awesome cool.png

i'll drop by from time to time to see how things are progressing

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 11/21/2012 4:17 pm

hey

i followed thereisalwayshope in her early days and she has one of the best attitudes i have come across on the boards.

Looks like you are not far off either smile.png your attitude and determination is half of the battle won.

i wish you all the best and i like your saying 'be bless or die trying' its pretty darn awesome cool.png

lol! Thank you :D She is my best friend so you can see where she gets her attitude from :P

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 11/21/2012 4:21 pm

lol its great your inspiring others hifive.gif keep up the good work!

MemberMember
(@yao9488)

Posted : 11/22/2012 1:54 am

Wow, this is my first post, and I just had to finally make a comment because what you are going through is so similar to what I'm going through.

So, I started the Regiment about 2 to 3 weeks ago. I'm not sure entirely when because I was so slack to record. I regret.... But nevertheless, I was seeing good results and then my skin broke out around the right side of my face, from half of my forehead to the temple to the side of my face, there are about 20 cysts. Slightly smaller cysts but some are painful and they are definitely not good looking. I'm starting to think its milk that's causing my acne, or is it because I changed my cleanser? I changed to cetaphil gentle cleanser becasue acne.org cleanser seem too dry for me, I was getting wrinkles around my eye and mouth and where there are no acne, its soooooo rough like a sand paper. Are you by any chance experiencing this????? I'm going to upload some pictures of what my acne looks like RIGHT NOW!! I think lots of them are scars now on the forehead but on the cheeks are very active and stubborn ones. Its awful, its gross and I've finally decided to go to school without makeup for the better of the future! Hope to hear more from you!

gallery_190743_12619_15087.jpggallery_190743_12619_53760.jpg

gallery_190743_12619_22928.jpg

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 11/22/2012 12:28 pm

hey

Looks like you are not far off either smile.png your attitude and determination is half of the battle won.

Haha thank you my friend and like thereisalwayshope mentioned she is one of my bestes friends so i guess now you can see a relation between our personalities. We are like two peas in a pod . Haha thank you so much for reading my posts.

Wow, this is my first post, and I just had to finally make a comment because what you are going through is so similar to what I'm going through.

So, I started the Regiment about 2 to 3 weeks ago. I'm not sure entirely when because I was so slack to record. I regret.... But nevertheless, I was seeing good results and then my skin broke out around the right side of my face, from half of my forehead to the temple to the side of my face, there are about 20 cysts. Slightly smaller cysts but some are painful and they are definitely not good looking. I'm starting to think its milk that's causing my acne, or is it because I changed my cleanser? I changed to cetaphil gentle cleanser becasue acne.org cleanser seem too dry for me, I was getting wrinkles around my eye and mouth and where there are no acne, its soooooo rough like a sand paper. Are you by any chance experiencing this????? I'm going to upload some pictures of what my acne looks like RIGHT NOW!! I think lots of them are scars now on the forehead but on the cheeks are very active and stubborn ones. Its awful, its gross and I've finally decided to go to school without makeup for the better of the future! Hope to hear more from you!

gallery_190743_12619_15087.jpggallery_190743_12619_53760.jpg

gallery_190743_12619_22928.jpg

Hello there and welcome to the regimen :)

as for the dairy im not sure whether it contributes to acne or not because i been dairy free for about a year or more and my acne is still cystic. Im starting to think mine is hormonal and maybe yours is too because i have similar acne to yours, minus the forehead. My cheeks seriously were infected with cysts but the regimen has seemed to clear me up.

Also my skin is extremely dry on my cheeks because thats where the problem area is but thats no reason to give up. Maybe in a couple of months the dryness wil subside. Stick to the regimen, i think you've already passed the first 2 weeks which for me was the worst part of the regimen. I felt like giving up because of the symptoms. Im glad i didnt.

Through your pics i can't really see any active cysts on your cheek but like 3 pimples and the rest looks like scarring and redness too me. I can tell you that the regimen isn't a cure but it sure has controlled my breakouts from waking up to 5 new pimples a day to like 1 or 2 a day, far better if you ask me ;)

Hang in there this bad set of cards cannot last forever and if you feel like talking you can PM me ;D

WEEK 5:

Yay ! Thanksgiving Day today. Wohooo ! Im grateful for all the support i have receive here on the .org i love you all and hoping that you all spend a great day today :)

Here is a little update on my skin; well forehead clear as glass, temples some ice pick scarring with one dead cyst on r/t temple however that sucker has been there for over a week, it seriously needs to die and go flat now, R/T Cheek has about 1 pimple with some red blemishes that are fading away( a toast to that) and L/T Cheek has about 4 pimples with some scarring and blemishes ( im guessing because i sleep on that cheek). I have to admit that my skin is looking much better than a month ago but it still needs some much more improvement for me to be 100% satisfied. Im not sure if being make up free has contributed to some of the improvements but i've been loyal and i havent applied any for a long time. Make-up free is the way to be! Today is the day i put all my problems aside(temporarily) and hmwk assig. as well and only focusing on the delicious foods i will be devouring in a few hours and yes i will be stuffing my face with desserts, lots of it. My skin might pay the consequences for my minor deviance but eehhh who cares right rolleyes.gif? I will savor the taste yup yup !!

Well my fellow peeps have a blast today because we all deserve it, be blessed or die trying teehee.gif

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 11/22/2012 3:57 pm

i enjoyed reading your posts there so full of life!

enjoy the food buddy we only live once :)

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 11/23/2012 4:53 pm

i enjoyed reading your posts there so full of life!

enjoy the food buddy we only live once smile.png

Your feedback is meaningful to me. Thank you my friend ^.^

DAY 36:

Woke up this morning to no new pimples however, as the day went by i caught myself scratching a certain area on my face. Well to be precise my R/T jawline and i swear that seconds later a new discovery came to my attention. Yup ! A new darn, creepy, hateful pimple. So i can contribute my picking and touching to new breakouts. That is a habit that must be STOPPED for good.

Also my face has recently began to become a bit more itchy :( it is so intolerable. I cant help but scratch like a maniac. To top it off i also have to deal with my darn eczema that is going wacko right now because of the change in climate. Although i give my eczema less care in comparison to the excessive attention i place on my acne, it still manages to bring me to my lowest point.

But folks I am not depressed, my skin disorders just make much more unique than your average, clear, flawless ideal girl because i am a true warrior. Thats how people with acne should think of themselves. Warriors who are not afraid of confrontation. So i will end this update with a quote and thought:

" Just keep in mind, and remember when your plans fail, that temporarily defeat is not a permanent failure." Be blessed ! :);):)

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 11/27/2012 10:03 am

Hey there...Glad to hear you're not breaking out anymore... I understand the eczema can be annoying... I get that in the winter... Try moisturizing more... Once you can consistently keep your breakouts under control, try cutting back on your BP use, it will help with the eczema... Keep up with the updates and positive attitude... Good luck!! :)

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 11/27/2012 7:38 pm

My Aby! I enjoy reading you post! I am glad you have people that are here for you. Also #fadedjay is awesome, he is one of my favorites on acne.org haha :P

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 11/27/2012 9:29 pm

Hey there...Glad to hear you're not breaking out anymore... I understand the eczema can be annoying... I get that in the winter... Try moisturizing more... Once you can consistently keep your breakouts under control, try cutting back on your BP use, it will help with the eczema... Keep up with the updates and positive attitude... Good luck!! smile.png

Thanks Love and yes eczema is not the business but these past few days i have been able to keep it under control with hydrocortisone :) good riddance.

I sure hope that all is well with your skin and with your overall life as well . ;)

My Aby! I enjoy reading you post! I am glad you have people that are here for you. Also #fadedjay is awesome, he is one of my favorites on acne.org haha tongue.png

My Denizzz !! I also enjoy reading your posts because they are full of life and joy :);)

We both agree that #fadedjay is AWESOME & AMAZING ! Thanks for the support my peeps !

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 11/27/2012 9:35 pm

I LOVE YOU MISSY!

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 11/27/2012 9:42 pm

DAY 40:

SOOOO, I haven't been able to update because of these mega exams which have been stressing me out ! Gahh ! I am so glad this semester is almost completed.

Now for the update (drum roll please) lol my skin has been improving wonderfully hopefully i do not jinx it . * fingers crossed

Here is a written review of my overall face because i am a cowardly son of a ding-dong. Meaning that i am too afraid to upload a picture of me-self :)haha

Forefead - clear as skies, glass, snow you name it.

R/T Cheek - 1 dead pimple . Yes i said 1 pimple. hooray cheer.gif

L/F Cheek - 3 pimples two of them being small.

Chin - 2 small hardly noticeable whiteheads.

Overall progress no darn cysts ! YUPPIE !!!!

Even though i am still not clear the progress i am seeing is good enough. I also have many red blemishes but they are fading so thats also a plus. It is a guarantee that i am sticking to dans regimen for a while. The symptoms have subsided for now but they do come and go however, the regimen is so worth it because my skin is definitely improving. Again NO MAKE-UP ! Natural beauty is the way to be ladies but i understand it is difficult to walk out in public without foundation etc. (regardless we are beauties of god's creation, embrace it )

As for my diet again it has not been the best diet lately but i am trying to incorporate many veggies and fruits. I am mixing and matching but it would appear that i havent broken out severely despite of the high amounts of glycemic and sugary foods i've indulged. Anyways, i hope i continue to see amazing results from now and for those who are at the finish line congrats wink.png i am on my way as well as with many of the .org users who are currently on a regimen to combat this gruesome disease.

STAY BLESSED OR DIE TRYING !!!

I LOVE YOU MISSY!

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 11/27/2012 9:45 pm

Beautiful love.

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 11/27/2012 9:47 pm

Beautiful love.

YES YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL ITS TRUE. I SAW YOUR FACE IN A CROWDED PLACE AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.....JAMES BLUNT !!!!

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 11/27/2012 9:47 pm

Also love. You should do yourself a favor and a favor for all your fans reading you post and upload a picture. You will be presently surprised because it is actually quite liberating :)

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 11/27/2012 9:48 pm

Also love. You should do yourself a favor and a favor for all your fans reading you post and upload a picture. You will be presently surprised because it is actually quite liberating smile.png

Ok just because you've asked me too ;)

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 11/27/2012 9:51 pm

Haha you better¦or I would drive to California and slap you silly :P