Yay 1St Day On Dkr ...

Notifications
Clear all

Yay 1St Day On Dkr Regimen! To Cure My Cystic Acne !

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/10/2013 5:37 pm

AbyBar, how are things going? i recently started The Regimen and i am definitely in the sucky stage. Hope all is well smile.png

Hey! How is it going??? Do you remember me???Because I remember you ): I am so happy to see that you have started the regimen. I know it will do wonders for you like it has for me and Aby smile.png

I know the beginning stages suck, and they suck so bad, but remember you can sleep at night and know it WILL get better. I took me until 5 week to notice any sort of difference so make sure that you stay positive and stay on this website with the support of others.

I have not been on this site for a while (from my busy school life) and I am glad to come back to see that a fellow member has started this regimen. Let me know how everything is going and message me whenever you need.

Sincerely,

thereisalwayshope

Of course i remember you! The # 1 most optimistic person EVER! How's school going hun? I am so happy that things are still going well - you deserve it! I love that you're foreseeing clear skin in my future - from your lips to God's ears. I am steeling myself for the worse but hoping for the best. Willing to give it a 3 month trial run. I'll definitely keep you updated and you do the same.

Great talking to you!

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 05/11/2013 11:23 am

AbyBar, how are things going? i recently started The Regimen and i am definitely in the sucky stage. Hope all is well smile.png

Hey! How is it going??? Do you remember me???Because I remember you ): I am so happy to see that you have started the regimen. I know it will do wonders for you like it has for me and Aby smile.png

I know the beginning stages suck, and they suck so bad, but remember you can sleep at night and know it WILL get better. I took me until 5 week to notice any sort of difference so make sure that you stay positive and stay on this website with the support of others.

I have not been on this site for a while (from my busy school life) and I am glad to come back to see that a fellow member has started this regimen. Let me know how everything is going and message me whenever you need.

Sincerely,

thereisalwayshope

Of course i remember you! The # 1 most optimistic person EVER! How's school going hun? I am so happy that things are still going well - you deserve it! I love that you're foreseeing clear skin in my future - from your lips to God's ears. I am steeling myself for the worse but hoping for the best. Willing to give it a 3 month trial run. I'll definitely keep you updated and you do the same.

Great talking to you!

Awww well thanks rolleyes.gif School has been going well, I have just finished a semester so I am trying to relax for the summer haha. And three months sounds great, but I know you will get clear way before if you follow the regimen closely. I am going to update another picture soon. Not now because I have just done a chemical peel for my acne spots and I am peeling like crazy haha but i will soon. Anyway, stay strong and soon you will also be acne freeteehee.gif

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 05/22/2013 10:49 pm

AbyBar, how are things going? i recently started The Regimen and i am definitely in the sucky stage. Hope all is well

Sasch :). Sorry for the later reply. I haven't logged in over a month or two because of UNI :( busy schedule. But in respects to your post, the regimen has cleared my face wonderfully :) I'm on month 6 and my face is better than ever, despite the ice picks and atrophic scars, I still find my skin considerably better than prior to DKR.

I know that you currently began the regimen and you might be on month 1 but do not give up. Like "thereisalwayshope" says you will be clear in no time. It takes discipline and endurance and at the same time make sure to apply sunscreen :)

Hopefully you read my post because I would love to hear your progress :) as this is my last week for this semester, I will frequently be on the org until summer semester starts :)

MemberMember
(@amazon-princess)

Posted : 06/02/2013 9:02 pm

Hey:) just read through your log and I have to say both you and thereisalwayshope are very strong people with positive attitudes, I admire that :)

I wanted to ask you, what made the flakes stop? My skin is like really rough in texture bc of the flakes and dryness

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 06/05/2013 2:26 pm

Hey:) just read through your log and I have to say both you and thereisalwayshope are very strong people with positive attitudes, I admire that :)

I wanted to ask you, what made the flakes stop? My skin is like really rough in texture bc of the flakes and dryness

Moisturizer and jojoba oil did the job but as of now I'm on 230 days of the regimen and my skin is dry as hell. Like flaky dry an not even moisturizer an jojoba oil works for me anymore.

However when I began the regimen the flakiness began to subside during the fourth week. The first month is tough but if you can get past the first month everything else will begin to see the bright light of day :D stick to the regimen it works for most acne sufferers . Just be patient and always moisturize . ALWAYS !

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 06/05/2013 2:58 pm

Hello ladies.. Have you tried incorporating AHA into your regimen? AHA is really the one component that helped with the flaking and dryness. It acts as a mild exfoliator that helps to sloth off the dry skin that's causing the flaking. Dan's AHA is, by far, the best I've tried, but Alpha Hydroxy makes a good one as well... Perhaps you should give it a try. Bonus... It will help boost the results of the regimen... :)

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 06/05/2013 9:55 pm

Hello ladies.. Have you tried incorporating AHA into your regimen? AHA is really the one component that helped with the flaking and dryness. It acts as a mild exfoliator that helps to sloth off the dry skin that's causing the flaking. Dan's AHA is, by far, the best I've tried, but Alpha Hydroxy makes a good one as well... Perhaps you should give it a try. Bonus... It will help boost the results of the regimen... :)

Thank you dear but I think I should have mentioned that even the AHA has irritated my skin . Leaves it raw red and flaky :( idk why my skin is reacting like this to the regimen after being on it for 8 months almost .

MemberMember
(@amazon-princess)

Posted : 06/06/2013 2:43 am

Hey:) just read through your log and I have to say both you and thereisalwayshope are very strong people with positive attitudes, I admire that smile.png

Moisturizer and jojoba oil did the job but as of now I'm on 230 days of the regimen and my skin is dry as hell. Like flaky dry an not even moisturizer an jojoba oil works for me anymore.

However when I began the regimen the flakiness began to subside during the fourth week. The first month is tough but if you can get past the first month everything else will begin to see the bright light of day biggrin.png stick to the regimen it works for most acne sufferers . Just be patient and always moisturize . ALWAYS !

Really?? Have you tried switching moisturizers?

Thanks I def will :)

btw what sunscreen do you use if any at all?

I live in LA as well lol

Hello ladies.. Have you tried incorporating AHA into your regimen? AHA is really the one component that helped with the flaking and dryness. It acts as a mild exfoliator that helps to sloth off the dry skin that's causing the flaking. Dan's AHA is, by far, the best I've tried, but Alpha Hydroxy makes a good one as well... Perhaps you should give it a try. Bonus... It will help boost the results of the regimen... smile.png

I'm probably gonna give that a try on my second month, but thanks for the advice :)

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 06/06/2013 8:19 am

Hello ladies.. Have you tried incorporating AHA into your regimen? AHA is really the one component that helped with the flaking and dryness. It acts as a mild exfoliator that helps to sloth off the dry skin that's causing the flaking. Dan's AHA is, by far, the best I've tried, but Alpha Hydroxy makes a good one as well... Perhaps you should give it a try. Bonus... It will help boost the results of the regimen... smile.png

Thank you dear but I think I should have mentioned that even the AHA has irritated my skin . Leaves it raw red and flaky sad.png idk why my skin is reacting like this to the regimen after being on it for 8 months almost .

I had the same issue when I first began to incorporate AHA into the regimen. Can I ask, how are you using it? For me, I had to take it really slowly before my skin became accustomed to it. When I first began, I used my normal amount of moisturizer and only added a drop or 2 of AHA. Actually, I still use my normal amount of moisturizer and only a small swirl of AHA every night and that works fabulously for me. I could never use AHA alone because my skin just didn't agree with it on its own. I need a neutralizer in order to apply AHA.

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 06/06/2013 10:41 pm

Hey:) just read through your log and I have to say both you and thereisalwayshope are very strong people with positive attitudes, I admire that smile.png

However when I began the regimen the flakiness began to subside during the fourth week. The first month is tough but if you can get past the first month everything else will begin to see the bright light of day biggrin.png stick to the regimen it works for most acne sufferers . Just be patient and always moisturize . ALWAYS !

Really?? Have you tried switching moisturizers?

Thanks I def will :)

btw what sunscreen do you use if any at all?

I live in LA as well lol

I'm probably gonna give that a try on my second month, but thanks for the advice :)

I use this sunscreen from Elta MD. They have really great sunscreen broad spectrum with SPF of 45 and it has zinc and titanium . Oil free and doesn't clog pores . I love it . It's a bit pricey but worth it . Around $40 bucks I believe.

In LA ? Really . Your pretty close to me :D

If you have an Instagram you can follow me : Grumplestiltskinn and ill follow back :D hehe

Thank you dear but I think I should have mentioned that even the AHA has irritated my skin . Leaves it raw red and flaky sad.png idk why my skin is reacting like this to the regimen after being on it for 8 months almost .

I had the same issue when I first began to incorporate AHA into the regimen. Can I ask, how are you using it? For me, I had to take it really slowly before my skin became accustomed to it. When I first began, I used my normal amount of moisturizer and only added a drop or 2 of AHA. Actually, I still use my normal amount of moisturizer and only a small swirl of AHA every night and that works fabulously for me. I could never use AHA alone because my skin just didn't agree with it on its own. I need a neutralizer in order to apply AHA.

I use the AHa with a moisturizer and a couple drops of jojoba oil . To neautralize the stinging sensation. I could never use the AHA alone. Same as you . I'm just hoping my skin can stop being flakey . It's annoying . Especially when I Have to apply make up on .

MemberMember
(@amazon-princess)

Posted : 06/07/2013 1:38 am

Haha really? what part of LA?

Alright, I'll remember to add you :)

I'm gonna use the Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen spf30

MemberMember
(@acneisacurse)

Posted : 06/07/2013 9:42 am

Alright, I'll remember to add you smile.png

I've been using Neutrogena Clear Face spf 30 for a week now, it's awesome! No breakouts and I feel like the sunscreen smell isn't as strong as some other sunscreens.

And AbyBar your positivity and determination is really inspiring! It's great that you're trying to combine holistic treatments with the regimen, I tried clearing my acne holistically a year ago and it didn't work out at all haha, now I'm on the regimen. Hopefully I can do something similar to what you're doing and have success as well!

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 06/22/2013 2:58 pm

Alright, I'll remember to add you :)

Hey love sorry for the late reply UNI keeps me busy :(

I live near west la college, near culver city and you? It would be so cool if you and I could meet :)

I'm not fond of neutrogena because it makes my skin super oily, even though its oil free it still doesn't accommodate well with my skin :(

I've been using Neutrogena Clear Face spf 30 for a week now, it's awesome! No breakouts and I feel like the sunscreen smell isn't as strong as some other sunscreens.

And AbyBar your positivity and determination is really inspiring! It's great that you're trying to combine holistic treatments with the regimen, I tried clearing my acne holistically a year ago and it didn't work out at all haha, now I'm on the regimen. Hopefully I can do something similar to what you're doing and have success as well!

Acneisacurse - love the username btw :D it's direct !!!

I agree that a holistic approach alone will not cute acne right away but i strongly believe that it will improve the complexion of your skin. Keep it hydrated and youthful because as you know the regimen makes our skin supsceptible to premature aging. I don't fully agree with the regimen and for that reason I don't plan on remaining on it for too long, just enough to clear my skin completely . My skin, however, is relatively clear, aside from scars and hyperpigmentations, but in all honesty the regimen is a miracle for most of us acne sufferers. So I don't regret being on it. Additionally, maintaining a positive attitude and eating a rather healthy diet has given me the positivity and energy required to endure the side effects of beginning the regimen and sustaining it for a while now. I'm a health freak :) the effects are still preset tho, dry skin but nothing a little moisturizer, water downing and fruits can't solve. I hope your skin is doing well though ? Keep me informed id like to be of help ya know :D

MemberMember
(@acneisacurse)

Posted : 06/22/2013 10:54 pm

Hey love sorry for the late reply UNI keeps me busy sad.png

I live near west la college, near culver city and you? It would be so cool if you and I could meet smile.png

I'm not fond of neutrogena because it makes my skin super oily, even though its oil free it still doesn't accommodate well with my skin sad.png

>

Acneisacurse - love the username btw biggrin.png it's direct !!!

I agree that a holistic approach alone will not cute acne right away but i strongly believe that it will improve the complexion of your skin. Keep it hydrated and youthful because as you know the regimen makes our skin supsceptible to premature aging. I don't fully agree with the regimen and for that reason I don't plan on remaining on it for too long, just enough to clear my skin completely . My skin, however, is relatively clear, aside from scars and hyperpigmentations, but in all honesty the regimen is a miracle for most of us acne sufferers. So I don't regret being on it. Additionally, maintaining a positive attitude and eating a rather healthy diet has given me the positivity and energy required to endure the side effects of beginning the regimen and sustaining it for a while now. I'm a health freak smile.png the effects are still preset tho, dry skin but nothing a little moisturizer, water downing and fruits can't solve. I hope your skin is doing well though ? Keep me informed id like to be of help ya know biggrin.png

Thanks :) and you're right, a healthy diet is always important, acne or not! It may not cure acne directly, but it will definitely create a healthy environment for our bodies to fight acne, and the regimen is a great addition that ensures that we can clear our skin. My skin is doing pretty well so far, I've been on the regimen for about a month, and I've been getting less and less pimples. The problem are those pesky red marks though. I'm probably going to start using AHA+ tomorrow, hopefully it works!

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 06/22/2013 11:34 pm

I love you ABY

MemberMember
(@amazon-princess)

Posted : 06/27/2013 2:20 pm

Hey love sorry for the late reply UNI keeps me busy sad.png

I live near west la college, near culver city and you? It would be so cool if you and I could meet smile.png

I'm not fond of neutrogena because it makes my skin super oily, even though its oil free it still doesn't accommodate well with my skin sad.png

>

Acneisacurse - love the username btw biggrin.png it's direct !!!

I agree that a holistic approach alone will not cute acne right away but i strongly believe that it will improve the complexion of your skin. Keep it hydrated and youthful because as you know the regimen makes our skin supsceptible to premature aging. I don't fully agree with the regimen and for that reason I don't plan on remaining on it for too long, just enough to clear my skin completely . My skin, however, is relatively clear, aside from scars and hyperpigmentations, but in all honesty the regimen is a miracle for most of us acne sufferers. So I don't regret being on it. Additionally, maintaining a positive attitude and eating a rather healthy diet has given me the positivity and energy required to endure the side effects of beginning the regimen and sustaining it for a while now. I'm a health freak smile.png the effects are still preset tho, dry skin but nothing a little moisturizer, water downing and fruits can't solve. I hope your skin is doing well though ? Keep me informed id like to be of help ya know biggrin.png

It's fine I totally understand you, my first year of school was hectic.

I live in south central lol crappy area but yeah, I was actually thinking about going to that school!

you're not that far from me so we def could meet :)

MemberMember
(@ladybekah)

Posted : 03/21/2014 9:43 am

How's your regimen going?