Yay 1St Day On Dkr ...

Notifications
Clear all

Yay 1St Day On Dkr Regimen! To Cure My Cystic Acne !

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 11/27/2012 9:55 pm

Haha you better¦or I would drive to California and slap you silly tongue.png

HOW DO I UPLOAD ONTO HERE ? THIS THREAD ? IM TRYING ? BUT I CANT !

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 11/27/2012 9:57 pm

go to the top any page and click galary, then on the right side somewhere there should be something that says, 'upload' somewhere near the top.

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 11/27/2012 10:08 pm

This photo was taken a week into Dans regimen when my skin was uber RED and irritated . Grotesque !

This photo I just took momentarily with my iphone ;)

ps. Sorry i do not possess a digital camera ! Maybe for x-mas i'll receive one !

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/27/2012 10:53 pm

Hey bea! It worked for me, and within six months I was spotless and completely clear. When I stopped though, it came back. Benzoyl peroxide is really bad for your skin so as Brandy said, remember its a temporary fix!!! I am now using BP again, but only on problem areas and I'm curing my acne internally so when I eventually go off BP again- my acne (hopefully) will not return with a vengeance as I will have killed the root (inside)

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 11/29/2012 2:21 pm

Hey bea! It worked for me, and within six months I was spotless and completely clear. When I stopped though, it came back. Benzoyl peroxide is really bad for your skin so as Brandy said, remember its a temporary fix!!! I am now using BP again, but only on problem areas and I'm curing my acne internally so when I eventually go off BP again- my acne (hopefully) will not return with a vengeance as I will have killed the root (inside)

Hi Ind1g0 :D

BP is definitely not the greatest medication to apply to your skin and thats why i will cut down as soon as i am clear. I am too trying to cleanse my body with healthy, nutritious foods so that when i stop using BP it wont attack me full force. I really hope to grow out or treat my acne internally.

I know that you and I have the right approach in respect to Acne and soon will have clear skin. yay! i know so !!!

DAY 42:

(WEEK 6) - Im still breaking out DARN IT ! I woke up this morning to a new pimple on my L/F Cheek ! Its not inflamed but its noticeable. Gaaah ! I want to stop waking up to new breakouts already . I currently have 6 active pimples. It seems im always at 6 pimples. I want to be down to zero already. Well im going to keep this post short. BREAKOUTS GO AWAYYYYY!!!!

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 11/30/2012 3:35 pm

head up bea!

shits pretty rough at the moment i know but the time will come when you look back and maybe even read this thread and be like damnnnnn look how far i have come :)

we all have ups and downs just got to grind through it, there is always light at the end of a tunnel!

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 12/03/2012 9:24 pm

head up bea!

shits pretty rough at the moment i know but the time will come when you look back and maybe even read this thread and be like damnnnnn look how far i have come smile.png

we all have ups and downs just got to grind through it, there is always light at the end of a tunnel!

FADEDJAY :D I am . I am keeping my chin up and like you said there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, i just want to reach the end already. I am not a patient person thats a fact.

DAY 46:

Man o Man my skin is super dry, like dry dry. Even after i applied a ton of moisturizer it still feels dry and my skin has like a rough texture. I want my skin to feel baby smooth already. I have about 3 active pimples and it looks like the count has decreased but the texture of my skin is awful. I have many scars, from boxcars,indents, ice picks and PIH :( sad sad saddening. I have came to the conclusion,that my skin will not look like it use to be but as long as i dont have any active acne or PIH i am a happy camper. Progress is slowly getting there so i am still not giving up, i will keep on trucking !!!!!!!!!!!! Also i can see a peach fuzz on my face ahaaa how creepy. After all my acne has cleared up i will get laser treatments to remove those tiny blond hairs. eeewieee !! lol !!!

Anyways, stay blessed or die trying !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@qwertyuioas8)

Posted : 12/03/2012 10:06 pm

I must say, to anyone whos losing hope on the regimen: DON'T GIVE UP!!! I've been on it for almost 5 months, and it has done miracles for my face. Keep at it, follow the directions, and use AHA - it's a godsend!!

MemberMember
(@johnny199r)

Posted : 12/03/2012 11:16 pm

I've been on Dan's BP regimen for the better part of 10 years. Some thoughts:

1. The dryness is maddening. Waking up with a fully flaked face. Having to carry a small container of moisturizer with me to slip out to the bathroom when out for supper to repair the flaky skin. Going on a vacation - swimming - then having flaky face. No moisturizer is a real"fix" for this state of dryness.

2.Bleaching

3. You'll still get acne. I'm rarely ever close to "clear". It's just better than no treatment. I often still have a few big nasty pimples (I have light acne) at a time. Lately, every pimple is leaving a red mark on my face (many have been there 2 and 1/2 months).

4 I tried using AHA on my forehead and it bastardized it leaving red marks behind. I had never had red marks that were semi permanent before that usage.

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 12/04/2012 6:17 pm

I must say, to anyone whos losing hope on the regimen: DON'T GIVE UP!!! I've been on it for almost 5 months, and it has done miracles for my face. Keep at it, follow the directions, and use AHA - it's a godsend!!

Qwertyuioas8 thanks smile.png Last night i incorporated the AHA. Hoping it will keep the dryness down and speed up the process of healing those PIH. Thank you. I will take your word for it and follow it religiously.

I've been on Dan's BP regimen for the better part of 10 years. Some thoughts:

1. The dryness is maddening. Waking up with a fully flaked face. Having to carry a small container of moisturizer with me to slip out to the bathroom when out for supper to repair the flaky skin. Going on a vacation - swimming - then having flaky face. No moisturizer is a real"fix" for this state of dryness.

2.Bleaching

3. You'll still get acne. I'm rarely ever close to "clear". It's just better than no treatment. I often still have a few big nasty pimples (I have light acne) at a time. Lately, every pimple is leaving a red mark on my face (many have been there 2 and 1/2 months).

4 I tried using AHA on my forehead and it bastardized it leaving red marks behind. I had never had red marks that were semi permanent before that usage.

I feel as if i will never reach clear skin at least not until my hormones have adjusted. I will always have spots pop up here and there but the regimen does help kill them faster which is good news.

As for your spots im sorry the AHA didn't meet your standards but i am hopeful that it will help subside my spots and not prolong them. We all have different types of skin and it just takes a matter of trial and error to find what works for your type of skin. Nonetheless, thanks for your input. Greatly appreciated.

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 12/04/2012 6:40 pm

DAY 47:

Greetings fellow acne.org users alien.gif here is a small update on my skin : Dryness is still persistent. Last night i applied AHA so, it is too soon to give my verdict on the product. R/T Cheek has about 1 active pimple. It is not a cyst or a nodule, i believe it's a papule. L/T Cheek has 2 pimples, a cyst (practically dead) the other being a red inflamed pimple. Aside from that i have many spots, PIH & hideous scars. ( I counted about 20 spots)

• Those are the insidious effects of stress. (ACNE)

• Stuffing my face w/prepackaged, high in calorie foods for over 20 years. (ACNE)

• Out of sync, wacko Hormones (due to taking 3 after pills in less than 2 years) <--- Those are the three main contributors to my acne. At least thats what i have concluded so far.

I give my acne 10 more years until it decides to migrate off my skin until then i will try to befriend it with Benzoyl Peroxide ha-ha ! grinwink.gif

Well " Be Blessed or Die Trying" thats my mantra !

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 12/08/2012 10:22 pm

DAY 51:

I haven't been able to update my log because of finals this coming week and sad to say i have been breaking out badly on my jawline. Stoooopid ACNE it's adding more spots to the ones i already have ;( .

I have 3 cysts on my R/T Jawline and 2 on my L/T gaaayyy. Must be because my menstrual is approaching.

This stoopid horrendous breakout has impede me from seeing my boyfriend(who has flawless skin, darn you) which completely sucks.

I recently began to eat super healthy, hopefully sooner or later it starts to manifest through my skin, i am so over acne. I despise you. I dont mean to bring anyone down with this depressing log. I am still going to stick to the regimen no doubt about it.

#be blessed or die trying :)

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 12/13/2012 5:48 pm

2 MONTHS:

Today marks 2 months on DKR !

Quick update : R/T Cheek - 1 pimple, L/T Cheek 1 pimple, Forehead and temples crystal clear and chin has 1 pimple ( i picked at).

OVERALL PROGRESS: Far better. 75% clearness since starting the regimen. However, there are still many persistent red marks lingering on my face which can emphasize on the severeness of my skin.

• AM & PM - 1 pump of cleanser, 1 1/2 pump of BP and 2 pumps of moisturizer with 6 drops of jojoba oil. [ i decreased the bp due to the tightness of my skin and the climate change here in Cali. I feel that 2 pumps only aggravated my acne more.]

• Lastly, a day ago i started a weight gainer work out. It consists of a Weight Gainer(purchased at wholefoods) 1spoon mixed with 1 cup of organic 25 vitamins juice and 1 cup of water prior to cardio workout and another after workout.[Weight gainer consist of Letchin, so praying that i dont breakout severely.]

Fall semester is over, so i have 1 month to get clearer skin !!!! ;D The first two months were a roller coaster but I am thankful for continuing. Failure is not an option. Lets keep trucking . #Be Blessed or Die Trying !

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 12/17/2012 8:10 pm

ABY!!! Your progress is wonderful!!! I am so happy to be your friend. You are the strongest women I know, and you help me to be a better, more strainer person each day¦I really appreciate it :P

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 12/18/2012 12:11 am

ABY!!! Your progress is wonderful!!! I am so happy to be your friend. You are the strongest women I know, and you help me to be a better, more strainer person each day¦I really appreciate it tongue.png

Awe chucks, your making me blush wub.png . Thanks beautiful.

When life gets tough you have to keep trucking. My philosophy is that only you are responsible for your life, but putting the best right this moment will help place you for the next moment :)

DAY 60:

I always take a while to begin my posts because i want to open up with a banging sentence lol . Alright, as for my skin and the regimen.....i currently have 2 active pimples which are located on my jawline. One on the right and the other on the left. Which is not so good but in comparison to my breakouts from before, it's much better. I've incorporated AHA ( P.M only) and i always get a stinging sensation after i apply it, so what i've managed to do is combine both AHA and Dan's moisturizer to lessen the stinging. Dan's regimen is truly a godsend for me. It has helped diminished my breakouts in 2 short months. Something that retinoids failed to accomplish, in fact, retinoids severely damaged my skin. Not to mention the irritation that accompanies those damn topicals. Feel free to pm and i'll gladly share my most genuine and sincere knowledge. All you skeptic acne sufferers skimming through the forums for a descent regimen, look no further, DKR is it. But, i must say that it is not a cure(like dan states) might not work for all skin types, however, it is still worth a shot. # Be Blessed or Die Tryingteehee.gifgrinwink.gifcrazy.gif

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 01/14/2013 10:20 pm

Day 88

Whoa ! Whoa! I haven't been on the .org in over a month :/

Reason being is I lost my password to the .org, but now I am back to REPORT !

I had an acne flare up (due to my menstrual) its approaching !

My right cheek is doing FANTASTIC ! It's healing! Blemishes fading fastly !

Now, my left cheek is doing HORRIBLY ! I have about 5 active lesions and one of them being a painful cyst. ( I must admit I have been depressed due to this breakout) :(

I am so paranoid ! The last thing I want is another flare up . Oh no ! Fingers crossed.

Well I am almost 3 months in and the symptoms are still there. Sometimes their tolerable and sometimes they are unbearable, but it's worth clearing this pizza face up :) .

# Be Blessed or Die trying !!!

MemberMember
(@celery)

Posted : 01/16/2013 6:41 pm

good luck!!

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 01/16/2013 8:24 pm

good luck!!

Thank you Celery :D

Day 90

3 months today !! Woohoo !!! Celebration ! I can't believe I have made it this far !

Quick update: R/T cheek clear L/T cheek 3 actives, nose is clear, chin is clear and forehead is clear . Things look good so far !!

Today I did my first At home peel. Using glycolic acid 40% concentration. I am hoping that it will help speed up the healing process for my scars an PIH !!! I have to admit my face is currently stinging after an hour of doing the peel . Ouch, I just hope it's worth it .

#stay blessed or die trying !!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 01/17/2013 2:45 pm

Day 91

Last night I did my first glycolic peel 40% and I believe I burned my skin . Ahhh I know . So currently my chin and jawline are raw red with scabs of blood :/ not cool. It's super dry !!! Hopefully it peels off soon. I left the peel for 4 minutes, I guess that was too much time for my poor, innocent skin !!!!

A bad experience with my first peel. I still applied the regimen, but I was super super gentle. Well as far as actives I have two only . Fingers crossed that it stays that way until my skin had fully recovered from this peel .

Stay blessed or die trying peeps :)

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 01/18/2013 11:30 pm

Day 92

2nd day after the GA peel and a lot of dead skin has fallen off .

Let me just say that the skin is an incredible organ that heals itself in a very spooky, creepy way !!! A bunch of my scabs have fallen off already :D

Wahoo !

My skin is currently in the healing process and the only thing I'm really praying for is to not have any severe damage . Other than that I've marked my calendar for my second peel 3 weeks from now.

As for my acne, I have 1 active on my left jawline. Havent noticed any significant improvement due to the peel, but it's to soon to give my verdict.

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 01/20/2013 11:53 am

Day 94

So all of my scabs have fallen off and my face is a little red but that's because of The peel. I can't say I notice a difference on the appearance of my skin yet . That's alright though . The Glycolic peel did cause a small purging with 3 pimples on my R/T cheek . The good thing is that they are not cysts and the bad thing is that they always leave a lingering blemish :/ .

Throughout this whole journey I've managed to stay away from make up with new years being the exception . Being make up free doesn't seem to clear me up any faster I suppose. All Naruraleeeee :D !!

Stay blessed or die trying !!

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 01/23/2013 1:42 pm

Day 97

Whoaaaaa ! Almost at 100 days ! Wahoo and currently have 1 pimple . Hell yessss !!! I'm feeling awesome despite the acne scars haha !!

I have 2 pustules on my chest that I popped . How gross is that. Chest acne is second worse to face acne if you ask me .

Other than that my regimen is still Dkr Aha at night and a glycolic peel every 2 weeks. Yay! I can sense that this year is going to be extraordinary !!!!!!

Be blessed or die trying peeps :)

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 01/24/2013 8:39 pm

Day 98

No new pimples yay :)

Currently dealing with 1 pimple that is basically a scab other than that nada .

My face is clearing hooray !

Dkr is a godsend I love it !

Be blessed or die trying.

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 01/27/2013 8:56 pm

Day 101

Gahhh 1 new cyst on my R/T jawline . Bonkers! I dabbed on some BP hoping it dries out by tonight. My face is beginning to get dry once again because I moved up to 2 pumps of BP . For the past month I was only using 1 finger length or 1 pump. Now these symptoms are beginning to annoy me :(

Anyways, be blessed or die trying !!

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 02/05/2013 12:24 am

Day 109

Still get breakouts . I have 1 dime size cyst on my R/T cheek . It's a hard under the skin one too. It isn't that inflamed but it's not budging.

Everything else looks good around my face.

The regimen is doing its job and it's clearing the superficial layer of my skin :D

I'm so glad that i held on ;)

The syptoms have subsided and the AHA does sting a little . So what I do is I like to mix it with dans moisturizer AM and PM .

Feel free to MSG me I'm glad to help :)

Be blessed or die trying ;D