On The Road To Clea...

Notifications
Clear all

On The Road To Clear Skin Once Again On Dkr!

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 02/15/2012 3:00 am

Yup, I like reading them too :) I can't wait until you write, "having had acne for a month'. Oooohh yeah.

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 02/15/2012 12:05 pm

Week 5 Day 1

WOOHOOOOOOO!!! Week 5 in full effect!!! lol Just wanted to thank everyone for the encouragement and well wishes... It's a struggle I know we've all been through, so its nice to know people that can sympathize and help get through the rough patches (literally and figuratively... lol) @AcneeHater... The time definitely does pass quickly... It's cool that we're around the same period during the regimen, so I always look forward to reading your posts and updates... Keep it up... :) @AyeAye... What can I say except for YOU'RE AWESOME!!! :)

Well, I have to say that I'm really enjoying the gentler approach to washing and moisturizing... After I wash, I still have some nasty shedding of my skin but I can tell that it's just the BP peeling the dull nasty skin away.. I can't wait for my skin to be clear so that I can do a gentle chemical exfoliation... lol I still have the actives on my right cheek, as they are taking their time healing, but not a big deal... Same with my left side active... They haven't really changed in the past couple of days, but as long as my skin tone stays even, I don't worry so much about my breakouts... I'm still red, but the itchiness has died down a bit since I switched to the new moisturizer... Just in case anyone that would like the name of the moisturizer its Cetaphil RESTORADERM Skin Restoring Moisturizer... It's specifically made for people with eczema and contact dermatitis... The moisturizing properties are awesome so far... Much better than it was when using Clinique or the Oil of Olay... The best part is that it isn't ridiculously greasy like Cetaphil's traditional moisturizer... :) I did notice that my skin had brown spots all over my face, like tan skin peeling off, which is gross with the redness... lol I feel like I've been laying out on the beach for weeks... lol (If only) Besides that, everything else is a-o-k... :D Anyways, I have to get back to work... TTFN

By the way, I finally got my regimen kit this morning... Now it's time to see how this is going to work... banana.gif

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 02/15/2012 6:04 pm

Ummmm I just saw my previous comment and clearly it's wrong. It was supposed to say "have been CLEAR for month". Acne on the brain I tell you. NOW I'll happily accept your "awesome" compliment ;)

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 02/16/2012 2:33 pm

Week 5 Day 2

@AyeAye... I'm praying that day comes eventually... Keeping the faith... smile.png

Hello hello hello everyone!!! Well, some good and bad news... Good news, a good friend of mine got married yesterday and another announced her first pregnancy... As for my face, the breakouts on my right cheek are just scars now... The bad, I'm having another breakout on the right side by my jawline... I also noticed that another spot wants to come out and play on the top of my left cheek... Oh joy! (Can you sense the complete sarcasm? lol) My facial skin is still dry and scaley so nothing has changed on that front except that the dryness is getting to my neck again... eusa_wall.gif I also tried the regimen products last night but the verdict is still out on that for now... Fingers crossed it will help these breakouts get under control sooner... eusa_pray.gif Overall, I still have three and a potential fourth active on my face but I'm not going to sweat it too much... Just thought I'd give you guys an update... I don't want to be negative, so I'm not going into a long rant today... Anyways, hope everyone's evening went well... How about those Knicks? Linsanity is definitely filling MSG... lol

TTFN smile.png

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 02/17/2012 12:51 pm

Week 5 Day 3

HAPPY HAPPY FRIDAY!!! Soooooo happy this week is finally coming to an end... :) It's a long weekend too, so I'm especially happy about that... Well I have good news... I currently don't have any actives on my face... (Knock wood) Just have about seven red marks from my week 3 through 5 breakouts... The actives I had these past few days are definitely smaller than I had a week ago... Actually, I was able to "pop" them when I got out the shower last night... Didn't draw any blood either... SWEET!! My right side has some dark red marks littered on my cheek... I know these are going to take forever to fade... le sigh... Oh well... Moving right along... Still am dry but not as scaley... It's funny because at random times of the day, I'll be talking and I see flakes flying by from my face... lol (as I write this post) I believe I'm on day 3 of using the regimen products and everything seems to be going well... When I use Dan's moisturizer, I notice that I can't go without jojoba oil... Unfortunately it doesn't moisturize enough to control the flakes worn alone, but with a drop or two of jojoba, my skin looks healthy and hydrated... I'm kind of neutral about the cleanser... Doesn't seem any better than the Cetaphil I used... But I do love the consistency of using the same line of products so I'm sticking with it... Well that's my update for today... Hope everyone has some fun plans for the holiday weekend... :)

LATER GATORS!!!! cheer.gif

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 02/21/2012 3:52 pm

Week 5 Day 7

Mardi Gras IN FULL EFFECT!!! Hope everyone had an amazing holiday weekend!!! Mine was awesome since I got to relax ALOT.... WOOHOOOO!!! Well its been a quick minute since I've updated so here we go... NOTHING MUCH TO REPORT!!! YAY!!! I'm now getting tiny whiteheads as breakouts... Thank you baby Jesus, I believe the massive ones have finally subsided... Does that happen with continued use of BP (smaller breakouts)? My complexion is pretty even and toned which is good... I still have a litter of hyper-pigmentation marks from my old breakouts that are slowly fading... Once again, I feel comfortable going outside without makeup on or covering the right side of my face with my hair... Each day is getting better, so as I quickly approach week 6, my confidence is building once again... smile.png I'm still dry and scaly so I've increased the amount of jojoba oil I put in the moisturizer.... I still wake up with an insane amount of flakes from rubbing my face in my pillow at night (working on this with little success.. .lol) but am able to keep the flakes at bay during the day time...I'm also noticing more blackheads... What experience do people that have used DKR had with their blackheads while on the regimen? Well, I will say that I am falling in love with the DKR products more and more each day... It's so convenient to just keep it "all in the family"... lol I'm really beginning to understand, simple is better... At least in matters of skincare... lol Anyways, hope everyone has a great afternoon!

Later Gators!!! B)

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 02/23/2012 11:21 am

Week 6 Day 2

HELLO (Squiggy voice)... How is everyone? Just a little progress report from the start of the regimen to week 6...

Week 1 Horrible breakout brings me to the regimen... Large pustules, ultra dry, flaky skin

Week 2 Breakout clearing, dryness subsiding

Week 3 Another horrible breakout on right side of face and on the left temple

Week 4 Even more breakouts, dry skin returning with a vengeance

Week 5 Breakout subsiding, skin still dry and scaly

Week 6 Currently Clearing, breakouts minor, fair amount of hyper-pigmentation from previous breakouts, skin still dry and scaly

I'm hoping the dryness and scaling really begins to subside, it's really driving me crazy... My face feels red, tight, and kind of sore from the BP.... It's definitely nothing I can't tolerate and my face isn't a complete mess, just annoying... Anyways, so far I will rate the regimen a 6 out of 10... The reason for this is 1. time, 2. dryness, 3. flaking... I'm waiting until after week 12 for a final assessment, but so far so good... For now, I'm religious to the regimen (haven't missed an application so far) and continue to see improvement, so I won't complain... Well, time to head back to work...

LATER GATORS... eusa_dance.gif

MemberMember
(@acneehater)

Posted : 02/23/2012 2:31 pm

humm.. im seeing very similar results as you, and i thought it was just me, what a relief.

Anyways Good luck and keep it up.eusa_dance.gif

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 02/23/2012 4:06 pm

Thanks AcneeHater... :) You're definitely not alone... I know I really won't see the kind of results I hope to see for at least another six weeks so it's a progression.... Glad that my posts are helping you to stay the course and not give up... :) That made my day...

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 02/27/2012 8:07 pm

WEEK 6 DAY 6

Happy Monday everyone! Been a minute since I've updated .. been so busy I've lost track of my posts ... well the good news is I don't have much to report ... yay!!! I'm still dealing with breakouts but they are small whiteheads ... mostly blackheads that are rising to the surface and turning into whiteheads ... I'm still dealing with the flaking and dryness but I'm still trucking along ... I've noticed I've got a ton of clogged pores on my cheeks that I kind of went to town on last night ... I had soooooo many that I kind of bruised my skin ... oooppppssss... I fought the temptation to scrub off the dead skin because it's only a brief fix but it was difficult to say the least ... I have an inflamed pore on my left cheek, hoping it goes back down without much of a fight ... my skin tone is improving but I'm still plagued by red marks from old breakouts ... I can't believe I'm approaching week 7.... fingers crossed I continue to improve each day... :)

Later gators ... :D

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 02/29/2012 1:21 am

Glad you're still seeing improvement each week. From memory I had huge improvement until I hit week 5, then from week 5 - 10 there was microscopic improvement each week, but then another big improvement around week 11 onwards. Oh the joys of acne!

As for the red marks, its funny because now I really notice the red marks that are left after my one or two pimples that appear during my time of month. Before when my face was covered in acne, the red marks were the least of my worries. Funny how our perspective changes.....

Keep following it...I know you're going to LOVE week 12!

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 03/02/2012 10:13 am

WEEK 7 DAY 3

HIYA EVERYONE!!! HAPPY FRIDAY!!! Holy mama, I can't believe I'm well into my 7th week on the regimen... It's become such a routine, I don't even really think about it anymore... Well I'm making slow progress each day... At the beginning I had a bit of a breakout from clogged pores around my left cheek (a problem area) and around my chin (another problem area)... I waited a too many days between washing my hair, so I think that may have caused the breakout, coupled with some disturbance to my normal regimen times... On Monday and Tuesday I was up at 4:30 am... On those days, I didn't do the regimen in the morning, just applied more moisturizer when I got up and did the regimen when I returned home around 2pm and did my night regimen near midnight... Needless to say it wrecked havoc on my skin and I broke out... I did a few extractions because the breakout was a bunch of clogged pores which can turn into humongous monsters if I don't get the plug out of my pore... I noticed that I can't leave those on my skin or they turn into huge problems... I know I'm not suppose to pick, but as long as I'm very gentle, its ok... I don't force anything, just apply gentle pressure and they pop right out... I just make sure they come to a head and do it after a long warm shower so they are easier to remove.. Now I'm back to my normal regimen times and everything is returning to normal.. About once or twice a week, I do a gentle massage on skin during my evening shower to combat the flakiness, being sure to avoid any actives, which seems to help with my complexion and cutting down on breakouts from dryness... I still have a bunch of red marks that haven't really changed... Besides that, I have nothing much to report... Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

LATER GATORS!!! :D

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 03/05/2012 1:12 pm

WEEK 7 DAY 6

Another week begins as I inch closer to Week 8... How the time flies!! Hope everyone had a great weekend... Just wanted to give you an update on the status of my face. Unfortunately the breakouts haven't subsided... As soon as I think my skin is clearing, I have another annoying breakout... Seems like my clogged pores are really becoming an issue... Usually I get these clogged pores along my cheeks and chin when I don't exfoliate... Since I haven't been exfoliating properly, the clogged pores are getting worse... Unfortunately, I noticed that Dan's cleanser was making me severely dry, flaky, and dull from all the accumulated dead skin cells (I think it's the different sodium sulfates in the cleanser)...So I decided to take the suggestion of a veteran regimen user and picked up Dr. Boot's Pure Black Soap from WholeFoods and I can not say enough good things about this soap... It's a natural liquid cleanser/exfoliator that is very mild and non-irritating (didn't sting the first time using it, like every cleanser I've ever used including Dan's)...I've been using the Black soap for about four or five days and my skin clarity is improving in addition to a reduction in dryness and flaking... Right now I only have two actives on my right side which were clogged pores that became inflamed... They are red and quite noticeable because I kind of picked at them last night... eusa_naughty.gif (Naughty girl... I KNOW!!) The rest of my face is red mark central... Throughout this entire process so far, I haven't had one day without an active on my skin... As soon as something heals, something else is waiting to take it's place... eusa_wall.gif But I'm not discouraged yet... eusa_clap.gif I still have five more weeks before I can determine if the regimen is a bust for me... In the meantime, I'll continue to remain as positive as possible eusa_pray.gif and update you guys on my status.. Now off to lunch! smile.png

LATER GATORS!!! cheer.gif

MemberMember
(@lizzlemon)

Posted : 03/05/2012 3:23 pm

i'm about to run out of Dan's cleanser and was considering the switch to black soap. glad to hear it's working well for you, too - i think i'll be giving it a try!

PS - hang in there, girl. it gets so much better! smile.png

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 03/06/2012 1:12 pm

WEEK 7 DAY 7

Hey hey hey!! I hope everyone had a great night! Just a fast update on my skin... Dr. Boot's is a God sent I must say... I can't believe how much better my complexion looks since I've been using this cleanser... Though I do like Dan's BP and moisturizer, I really wasn't too enamored with the cleanser... I just felt it dried me out like crazy, which in turn made my skin extremely scaly and dry... It seems as though the black soap helps my current breakouts clear faster, as I currently don't have any actives on my face... WOOHOOO!!! Just yesterday I had two actives on my right side which have become red marks this morning... I still have red marks from all my old breakouts but those of course, like anything else, will take time to heal... The other day I ran across an old photo of me in my early 20's at one of my worst times with acne, it brought back all these negative feelings of insecurity but I also realized I've come far from where I use to be... My skin hasn't done a complete 180, but it's looking better each day.. Here's to hoping that I've finally reached the stage in which the breakouts are fewer and further in between but we'll see how that goes... Tomorrow I'm officially at 8 weeks on the regimen and going strong... Hopefully I will continue to see improvement in the coming weeks...

LATER GATORS!! banana.gif

@LizzLemon... Thanks for the encouragement sweets... :) I would say go for the Dr. Boot's Black soap... It's an extremely versatile cleanser with fewer harsh ingredients than Dan's cleanser (Sorry tinydan.gif )... Don't get me wrong, you will still be dry after cleansing with Dr. Boot's, but not nearly as dry, tight,and flaky than when using the DKR cleanser... I have to remember to pop into your picking log as well... I didn't realize you were keeping track of your DKR experience as well...

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 03/07/2012 9:55 am

WEEK 8 DAY 1

GOOOOOODDDD MMMMOOOOORRRRNNNNIIIINNNNNGGGGG AAACCCNNNNEEEEE.OOORRRRGGGGG!!! (Robin Williams voice) Hope everyone had a wonderful night! I'm soooo happy that I've finally reached the two month mark on the regimen and everything is looking up!! Currently I only have one minor active on my right side, the rest is just red marks all over my face... I have to say that each day I'm hopeful for continued improvement and that is definitely the case... Now that I am at the two month mark, I feel it's about time to give a general run down of my experience of the regimen so far...

Week 1 Horrible breakout brings me to the regimen... Large pustules, ultra dry, flaky skin

Week 2 Breakout clearing, dryness subsiding

Week 3 Another horrible breakout on right side of face and on the left temple

Week 4 Even more breakouts, dry skin returning with a vengeance (switched to DKR product line)

Week 5 Breakout subsiding, skin still dry and scaly

Week 6 Minor breakouts from clogged pores, skin still dry and scaly

Week 7 Minor breakouts from clogged pores, skin still dry and scaly (switched cleanser to Dr. Boot's)

Week 8 Red marks, one minor active on right side, less dryness and scaling, skin more taut

Each week I'm seeing a steady improvement... Eventhough I do have some minor setbacks with a breakout, but the breakouts seem to be slowing down and aren't nearly as severe as they have been in the past or between weeks 3 and 5... I still had breakouts during weeks 6 and 7, but they disappeared pretty quickly... I truly believe the Dr. Boot's is helping tremendously by cleansing and mildly exfoliating my skin, allowing the BP and moisturizer/jojoba oil to penetrate my skin much better... My skin clarity and tautness improves each day and my red marks are fading slowly thanks to Dr. Boot's... Right now, the only real blemishes I have are from my week 3 to 5 breakouts... Unfortunately those breakouts left behind some serious hyper-pigmentation, so I don't expect they will fade anytime soon... For those still struggling, just keep at it and adjust to your skin's needs as you see fit... Just remain gentle and you'll begin to see improvement each day... I'll agree that the first two months on the regimen are difficult at best... I still believe that it takes at least two months for your skin to fully adjust to the BP onslaught, even though you are slowly introducing BP to your skincare regimen... With that said, I'm glad to be sticking to DKR... Hoping the next month continues to bring fantastic results... cheer.gif

LATER GATORS!!! wub.png

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 03/08/2012 10:06 am

WEEK 8 DAY 2

Good morning everyone!! Hope you guys had a great night... :) Just a quick update on my face... Nothing much to report except two small actives by my right brow and on the left side of my chin... I still have a ton of red marks but nothing too bad... I did drink a bit last night and today my complexion looks like crap... I have to cut the drinking out and only do it occasionally... It does a number on my skin and I know this... I did notice my skin is a bit sensitive this morning, which usually happens the day after I drink, especially liquor... So when I applied moisturizer this morning, my skin was bright red... lol The redness has died down as the morning moves along, but I know I have to be especially careful washing today... I may not use Dr. Boot's tonight to give my skin a break and use cetaphil gentle cleanser instead... I also have to take in A LOT of water today, which will help my skin to calm down... Besides that, everything is going well... Back on my health regimen so that means back to the gym... I do pretty well with what I eat because I'm conscious of what I consume for the most part but I do need the exercise to relieve stress... Anyways, time to get back to work... ttfn

LATER GATORS!! wub.png

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 03/09/2012 3:55 pm

WEEK 8 Day 3

Happy Friday everyone!! Ugh, I can't believe some dumb spammer is trying to infiltrate my thread with non-sense... Disgusting... Anyways, I never nothing much to report except for one active on my chin that is dying out fast and a bunch of red marks... WOOHOOO!!! I love the fact that my posts are getting shorter because I don't have much to report on the status of my face... I'm still getting a little red faced when I'm hot or flushed but nothing too crazy... Anyways, time to get ready to go home soon enough, hope you guys have a great weekend...

Later Gators! smile.png

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 03/12/2012 9:17 am

WEEK 8 DAY 6

Happy Monday Everyone!!! Hope everybody had an amazing weekend... Unfortunately, allergies have been killing me, so I didn't do much this weekend... Anyways, onto my face... WTH!! The flaking, peeling, and dryness still haven't subsided... It's getting worse as a matter of fact... I've cut down on washing time and switched back to a more gentle cleanser.. Hoping that helps because my skin looks crappy because of the dryness... It's been beautiful in NYC so I've began to incorporate SPF after moisturizing... I'm using one called Solar Sense - Clear Zinc SPF 70... Figured I could use the highest possible... lol I just have two small actives that are from clogged pores and red marks... the marks from my week 3 to 5 breakouts are slowly fading and my face is returning to my normal color which is good... Now I just have to solve this dryness issue and I'll be well on my way to beautiful skin... I've been considering incorporating AHA into my routine now that I'm heading into my ninth week.. For long term regimen users, do you use AHA and how well does it work for the dryness and peeling? Well, hope everyone enjoys their day.... TTFN... biggrin.png

Here's a suggestion... why not create an acne.org app for Android and iPhone... it makes keeping in touch with members and information quickly and effortlessly ... smile.png

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 03/13/2012 8:57 am

WEEK 8 DAY 7

Good Morning to ya!! Hope everyone had a great night... smile.png Well just a quick update on the state of my face and my regimen... I'm still dealing with extreme dryness and flaking, so I decided to up my moisturizer... I thought about it last night and perhaps I've been experiencing all this excessive dryness because I wasn't moisturizing enough from the beginning... Figured it couldn't hurt much and my face is in desperate need of moisture!! I tweaked my regimen and added an extra pump of moisturizer for both my day and evening regimen and three more drops of jojoba oil... Last night, I used three pumps of moisturizer and in the morning, I did wake up with less flakes, but I still had a bunch of flakes along my jawline and on my forehead... Hopefully the extra moisturizing will help with the dryness over time... As for my face, I still have two actives on my left side which aren't too bad... It looks as though they may be from a hormone influx in my monthly cycle... Besides that, I still have a bunch of red marks just lingering, as per the usual.. lol I do like my new sunscreen so far... I realized it has green tea and aloe in it, so it isn't as drying as other sunscreens I've used... I also like that it's a broad spectrum sunscreen with a high SPF... I'm trying to be more vigilant about using sunscreen because I know it's good for hyper-pigmentation and active acne... Though I'm not in the sun often, I know that I need good sun protection year round... Well, enough rambling... Time to get back to work... TTFN banana.gif

UPDATE: Extra moisturizing seems to really be doing the trick... I have a minimal amount of flakes so far at 3pm... For weeks now, I've been getting crazy flaky by mid day... WOOOHOOOOO... Fingers crossed this keeps up.. I should also mention that I've increased my water intact, so that may be contributing to it as well... banana.gif

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 03/14/2012 9:51 am

WEEK 9 DAY 1

HHEEEELLLLOOOOOOOOOO!!! Hope everyone had a great night... Well, I can't believe I've made it to week 9 and everything is going pretty well... I'm still dealing with dryness and flaking but adding extra moisturizer has been helping a bit more... Last night, I slathered on the moisturizer for three minutes only and left the rest to settle on my face... Again, I woke up with less flakes which was good to see... Lately I have been washing as normal, then gently rubbing the dead skin off to give my skin a chance to breath... It's impossible for my skin to fully absorb the BP and moisturizer without getting the excess flakes off... Also, I'm noticing that the wrinkles on my face a bit more pronounced which worries me... I'm hoping that the extra moisturizing will help to soften my wrinkles... I'm trying not to think about it too much and try to relax my facial muscles when I can... lol I'm still making sure to apply sunscreen which is working well to keep me moisturized throughout the day... I still have two actives and a tiny one by my left temple around my hairline... I do notice that my skin kind of looks like a leopard with speckles of brown skin all over my face, especially in ultra dry areas... I know it's dead skin cells, I just don't know how to get rid of it without cutting back on the BP (which I won't do until I'm completely clear).. My skin is still littered with red marks that won't be going anywhere anytime soon but all in all, I'm satisfied with how my face looks... Hoping for continued improvement as the weeks fly by... Time to get back to work, have a great day everyone!

LATER GATORS!!! cheer.gif

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 03/15/2012 10:22 am

WEEK 9 DAY 2

Good Morning Everyone!!! Hope everyone had an awesome night... As for me, I did wayyyyy too much drinking last night and I'm paying for it today... I was able to do the regimen but fell asleep without putting moisturizer on... Needless to say, I woke up this morning with red, irritated skin and puffy, red skin around my eyes... My red marks are more pronounced because of the redness in my face, so I kind of look like a lobster at the moment... lol Surprisingly I was very flaky when I awoke, so it wasn't as bad as it could've been... lol I did the regimen as per the usual this morning, hoping the redness will subside sometime during the day... I have plans to go out again tonight and don't want applying makeup to be an issue... Anyway, I have two actives right now, one on my left cheek that's just weird, almost like a blood clot, and another forming on the left side of my chin. I have a feeling this won't be the end of the breakout either... I really have to cut the drinking out, because I truly believe it irritates my acne... I have to discipline myself better and cut out these bad habits... le sigh... Well, time to return to work... LATER GATORS... eusa_dance.gif

UPDATE: The redness has subsided... WOOOHOOOOOOO However, I did notice that I'm producing more oil than I usually do... Must've been the excessive dryness from not moisturizing last night... Well, I'm going out again after work, hopefully I'll be home early enough and sober enough to do the entire regimen... lol

MemberMember
(@sylosis16)

Posted : 03/15/2012 8:29 pm

Alcohol bothers my skin as well. I made an observation though that hard liquor and mixed drinks aggravate my skin much more than just having a few light beers or wine does so I stick with that and it has not been as much of a setback since.

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 03/19/2012 9:17 am

WEEK 9 Day 6

Hello hello hello everyone!! Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend... Mine was awesome and exhausting all at once but no complaints... smile.png Onto the status of my face... Things are looking pretty good today... Unfortunately I did continue to drink a lot more than I wanted to... lol I'll figure it out one day... lol I did a glycol lactic peel mask on Friday and I have to say that my complexion does look so much better... I made sure to not apply BP the day I did the peel and heavily moisturized to prevent irritation... I did notice my nose was the color of a tomato but the redness has subsided... lol I haven't been experiencing any major flaking since bumping up the moisturizer and I'm trying to remember to apply sunscreen daily... I did wear makeup all weekend, so I'm hoping my skin doesn't react it... I'm letting it breath today while at work, just some mascara and lip gloss... I don't have any actives at the moment... The mild breakout I had last week was due to hormone influx during my cycle... I've read on the boards about taking Aleve around the time of the hormone spike to help prevent the monthly breakout... I'll try that trick next time and see how it goes... I usually experience the breakout a week before my time of the month, so I'm going to try and keep better track of my cycle and see if I can get those breakouts under control... Besides that, I just have a bunch of red marks which are usually easily covered w/concealer... Well the weather is beautiful in NYC and I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can... Here's to the last day of winter!!

LATER GATORS!!! wub.png

@Kboy1990... I totally agree with you on hard liquor breaking me out... Though I don't drink beer, I do notice I tend to break out if I drink wayyy too much... Unfortunately, last week I wasn't so good about avoiding alcohol, hoping this week I get better at it...

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 03/20/2012 10:32 am

WEEK 9 DAY 7

Hey Everyone!! My morning hasn't started so well but I'm hoping the afternoon shapes up to be better... Onto the status of my face... Currently I don't have any actives on my face, just some left over red and dark marks from previous breakouts.. I did sleep pretty well last night and didn't drink, so my complexion looks awesome today.. Lately I haven't had to add jojoba oil to DKR moisturizer since I've bumped up my moisturizing, so I'm happy about that... My face definitely isn't as dry and scaly as it was before, if anything, I'm producing oil like I use to.. It could be from all the warm weather we've been getting in the city.. Whatever it is, I'm glad I'm not a big, oily mess walking out on my way to work... Still using sunscreen which I mix in with Dan's moisturizer... I didn't think this would happen, but I'm running out of it fast!! I use a lot more of it than the cleanser so I'll be ordering the 16oz on Friday along with more BP... Well, I have to get back to work.. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day!

LATER GATORS!!grinwink.gif