On The Road To Clea...

Notifications
Clear all

On The Road To Clear Skin Once Again On Dkr!

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 09/21/2012 11:03 am

Hey ayeaye... I've been doing that, but I still experience irritation on my neck... I know that area is extremely sensitive so I try my best to avoid getting anything in that area but the only thing that seems to help is easing up on the BP for a few days... Then I begin to break out and the cycle starts again... It's frustrating to say the least and I'm trying my best to make it work... I'm hoping over time this side effect will subside, until then, I have to just figure out the correct balance for my skin to prevent irritation while still preventing breakouts... I currently am experiencing a minor breakout and still dealing w/dryness and irritation along my jawline... ugh... I've been trying to remain consistent with working out so that's helping with lowering my stress levels and regulating my blood sugar... I'm hoping it'll improve my skin over time... Still working on quitting smoking and cutting back on drinking.. Which is working for the most part but as always, it's just one day at a time.. anyways, time to get back to work.. Have an awesome weekend guys!! LATER GATORS!!!!

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 09/25/2012 10:58 am

Hello Hello Hello ALL!!! It's been a while but everything is going well... I'm still trying to figure out a good combination for my skin to keep it clear but without the redness and irritation... I'm realizing more and more that application is crucial for achieving clear skin consistently... Recently, I decided to scale back on BP application to one pump in the morning and two pumps at night... First, the full regimen is too time consuming to do in the morning. Second, I experience a lot less redness and dryness with this application method. Lastly, my neck isn't as irritated from the full BP application twice a day... I'm still remaining clear on this regimen, so I hope to stick to it moving forward. As I mentioned before, I'm still applying moisturizer one layer at a time... I find that the moisturizer dries quicker without being shiny or tacky... Since I only apply one pump of BP in the morning, I do the same with the moisturizer. However, for night time application, I apply full BP, wait 10 to 15 mins, then apply one pump of moisturizer, let it dry for 3 to 5 mins, then apply another pump of moisturizer or thin line of AHA (3/4 finger length). With this method, I'm not waking up flaky and dry, AHA doesn't irritate my skin as much, and it allows the moisturizer on my neck enough time to dry. I don't even apply jojoba oil on my skin anymore because this method works so well... Hopefully things will continue to improve and I continue to enjoy the benefits of having clear skin... :) Well, I have to get back to work... LATER GATORS!!!

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 10/09/2012 8:54 am

Hey Everyone!!! It's been a minute since I've updated so I figured it's a good time to give you guys my status... So far, everything is awesome.. Skin is still looking good, though I still experience dryness and redness, especially around my jawline and neck... I don't know why, but these two areas seem to be the most sensitive, so I have to be careful with my BP application there... I've been applying oil of olay on my neck and jawline before BP application which works well, but I have to be consistent, or I dry up and get red once again... I realize I have to do it every time I wash or my skin begin to crack and get irritated quickly... Guess as I age, my skin is much drier in certain areas more than others... Oh well... Well, it's been so good lately, I've decided to start scaling back on my BP use slowly... I realize I don't need 2 full pumps to stay clear, so I don't want to give my skin more than it needs... I do need it twice a day though... I wish I could be one of those once a day BP'ers but my skin needs constant BP to stay clear at all times.... Wish me luck on scaling back!! I'll keep everyone up to date on my progress... Until then, LATER GATORS!!! wub.png

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 11/08/2012 12:42 pm

Hello Everyone!!! It's been so long since I've updated... Things have been bananas over the past month or so... I just want to say that things are going really well with my skin... Now that the cold weather has really settled in NYC, I do scale back on DKR... It's just really harsh on winter skin, so I just apply one pump of BP and moisturizer and call it a day... When I notice a little break out, I ramp up to two pumps but I also give my skin breaks in between when I can... I'm trying to get back into sleeping better, but continue to workout and try to eat healthy... I don't use AHA because it's just too harsh for my skin and I didn't have a good reaction to it... I rarely exfoliate now but when I do, I try and be as gentle as possible... It's been almost a year since I started DKR and I'm glad I stuck w/it.... I have beautiful skin again, even when I break out, it doesn't bother me much anymore... biggrin.png I'll continue to visit acne.org so feel free to PM me or just drop by w/your questions... I'm always around... LATER GATORS!!! wub.png

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 11/20/2012 3:32 pm

Hey Everyone... Just a quick update before the Thanksgiving vacation... Everything is going well... Just a minor breakout on my chin (rare) that is barely noticeable... I've been under control for such a long while now, I really don't even think about acne much anymore... Even if I do breakout, I just ramp up my BP usage for a few days until it calms down, then I go back to 1 pump 2x's a day... I've been working out a lot more and drinking more water, which I believe is helping tremendously with my skin... Besides that, everything is all good... Looking forward to a long holiday... Hope everyone is doing well... Hit me up if you have any questions... HAPPY GOBBLE GOBBLE EVERYONE!!!

MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 11/20/2012 3:40 pm

i just wanted to drop a quick comment and say your super helpful for people on the regimen and a great inspiration generally about dealing with skin issues and living life.

Thanks and all the best! :)

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 11/27/2012 9:43 am

AWWWWWWW... Thanks a million fadedjay!!! I really do appreciate you stopping by and offering such beautiful praise... Honestly, I'm extremely humbled by your response and I can't thank you enough for the encouragement... I speak from the heart when I write my posts and try to share as much of myself and my struggle, so that everyone understands that they aren't alone.. I truly believe that the acne.org community has not only healed my skin, but my soul and spirit... I feel like I can live again because I know I'm not alone.... Even when I'm not feeling my best, I know my brothers and sisters at acne.org understand and show all the love and compassion of saints... I am blessed and honored to help anyone that needs a shoulder to lean on in life and I will continue to help, so long as I am able... You made my day luv!!! :)

Just a quick update... Nothing much to update... lol I have to say, I love the winter months when it comes to my face... I don't break out as much, so long as I'm generous with my moisturizer... Which reminds me, I have to order supplies soon.. I'm about half way through w/my BP and moisturizer, so I like to be sure that I have my next batch ready when I need it... :) I have to say, the last time I order, I believe was in April and I haven't had to order in a while... Got through the entire summer and fall.. Definitely more bang for the buck in my opinion... I think I'm going to switch to auto shipping to save the time and hassle... lol I'm on board with convenience for piece of mind, the simpler the better... I was just thinking about the concept of simpler is better in life and I have to say that the regimen has taught me that... It's funny how you come to these realizations in retrospect (hindsight is 20/20 after all) by learning how to simplify the basics in life, like washing your face... lol Learning how to care for my face has taught me how to better care for myself overall... Don't get me wrong, I am no angel, I love a great party and indulgence is one of my deadly sins, but I am trying to reteach myself how to better care for my well being... One day at a time I guess... :) Anyways, enough of my ranting... Have a great day everyone!!! wub.png

LATER GATORS!!!grinwink.gif

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 12/02/2012 10:34 pm

This actually really made me happy to read that your acne has gone down so much that you barely even see it or think of it anymore. Makes me really happy :).

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 12/07/2012 11:29 am

Thanks @Jekester... I do appreciate the support and love from my acne.org mates... :) Just hear to encourage everyone to keep trying and not give up... :)

Just a quick status update... I've been breaking out lately from stress... THANK GOD it isn't as bad as it use to be... I can remember just last year this type of stress would send my skin in a tail spin quickly and with a vengeance! It's tiny whiteheads in random places... So long as I'm faithful to DKR, they take care of themselves quickly... I did notice that my skin is drier than usual... The weather in NYC has been up and down for weeks now, so my skin is definitely showing it... Like I said before, it's nothing crazy like I've experienced for so many years, but enough for me to notice.. Remembering how to coup with stress has been a biggie for me... I don't handle it well enough to just try and relax... I crave stimulants which doesn't bode well for someone with an addictive personality... Anything I do, I do to an extreme, which works well in certain situations, but definitely works against me when I indulge.... All in stride though, one step at a time, one day at a time... :) Well, I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the festive holiday season... LATER GATORS!! cheer.gif

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 12/14/2012 1:51 pm

Hey Everyone!! I hope all is well... :) Just a quick status update... Not much to update... lol My skin has stopped it's miniscule breakout and is back to normal... In the last week or so, I'm attempting, once again, to incorporate AHA into my skin care regimen... As I've previously mentioned, I am reaching my mid-thirties, have a history of smoking, and would like to use consistent preventative measures to improve the condition and quality of my skin... All the years of harsh chemicals from acne treatment and general abuse have certainly taken a toll on my skin... I've decided to mix a dime sized drop w/Dan's moisturizer after BP every 2 to 3 days... I haven't noticed much a difference but I know that it will take considerable time to see a marked improvement in my skin... I'm not expecting a miracle or anything, just a boost to the wonderful results DKR has given me... I realize that next month is my one year anniversary using the regimen. I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by... I can't believe the amazing turn around my skin has made in the last year, it almost brings me to tears. This time last year, I was dreading going outside w/o some makeup to cover my breakouts, now I wear makeup to enhance my features, rather than cover them up... I'm amazed when I look at how much healthier and clearer my skin looks with or without makeup.... In the past when I used DKR, I never followed through completely and became lazy, looking for a "quicker" and "better" solution for my skin issues, now applying DKR is second nature... lol I guess what I'm trying to say is DKR IS AWESOME!!! Well, enough chit chat, time to get back to work... Hope everyone enjoys the weekend and upcoming Christmas holiday!!! LATER GATORS!!! wub.png

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 01/04/2013 10:48 am

HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEARS ACNE.ORG!!! I hope everyone finds themselves well and in good spirits for the new year! I just figured I'd give an update on my skin... All is going well, I have a tiny whitehead on my chin but it's a clogged pore that's been hanging out for a while that's finally coming to a head... I've been using AHA more consistently and I believe it's helping to smooth out my skin texture and bring those stubborn clogged pores to the surface... It's going to take a long time to get the clogged pores on my cheeks because they are deeply embedded in my skin... Though I do get less of them then I did in the past, they are still ever present on my skin... I've reintroduced AHA into my DKR regimen for about a month or so. Since I've experienced much irritation using AHA in the past, I now use one pump of moisturizer and have worked up the AHA to four drops, mix them together and apply after BP every other day. I don't experience much irritation when I mix AHA with the moisturizer except some redness which fades by morning. I find that mixing AHA with moisturizer works best for me to avoid irritation. I've noticed that my skin is more supple, moisturized, and plumper in the morning after I use AHA, but I don't want to overwhelm my skin, so I don't apply on consecutive days... I'm hoping to work up to five days a week, with rest on the weekend, but I will just have to wait and see... As for AHA working for wrinkles, I am noticing a small improvement on the deep frown lines on my forehead and my smile lines around my mouth... hifive.gif As I've mentioned before, I've been looking for a good anti-aging product that will work well on my acne-prone, aging skin, fingers crossed AHA is the answer... surprised.gif

Also, I found out something quite interesting over the holidays... I got really sick and through blood work and CAT scan, I found out I have a growth on my left adrenal gland. Upon further research, I realized that this growth may be causing increased levels of androgen and cortisol hormones to be released in my system, thus confirming my previous theory that the causes of my skin issues are directly related to deeper hormonal issues I've had for many many years.... crazy.gif I'm in the process of getting further testing to see what the growth is and how to handle the situation, but it would be a relief to finally get to the source of my skin and health issues.. eusa_pray.gif

Next week is my DKR one year anniversary, so here's to making it to the one year mark... LATER GATORS!wub.png

MemberMember
(@matt-f)

Posted : 01/07/2013 5:52 pm

Great thread. I've enjoyed reading your posts although I will admit that I skipped a few months haha. This should be very helpful for impatient newbies, assuming they find the patience to read it!

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 01/10/2013 10:33 am

Thanks for the luv @matt f... I do it for everyone at the acne.org community... My experience is your experience, so I embrace every aspect of this beautiful experience with acne... :)

Quicky update... Everything is going really well... :) Day 5 of not smoking or drinking (Cigs), day 1 of not smoking weed... :) My skin is looking great, as per the usual and I'm getting better at taking care of my overall health... I was thinking about it about a week ago... I always pray to God that I remain healthy since I've had so many health issues in the past. However, what was I doing to be more proactive about taking charge of my health? I always knew that I had some terribly unhealthy habits that stem from insecurities I've held since I was a child... Coupled with an addictive personality (inherited) lent to some negative experiences and experimentation that I'm not proud of, but are a part of who I am. I was lucky enough to escape with my life but have suffered the emotional, psychological, and now physical scars of all the years of abuse I've done to my body... With that in mind, I decided that 2013 was going to be different than any other year because I was going to finally take absolute control of my life and how I handled myself... In retrospect, I believe DKR has given me the resolve and determination to make that happen. To finally turn the corner I've been so afraid of passing. No longer will I be a slave to my insecurities and addictions! MY TIME IS NOW!!! Here's to making a better life for myself and living my life for me!! :D LATER GATORS!!!

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 01/14/2013 11:04 am

GOOD MORNING ACNE.ORG!!! I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend and are ready for a beautiful and productive week... :) First, I can't believe my posts have reached 10,000 views... crazy.gif Never really anticipated that when I began to keep track of my progress on DKR... I just wanted something to help me through the rough patches and to encourage others in the same struggle... The further along I've progressed using DKR, the more I look at these posts as therapy sessions... I hope to continue to encourage and inspire everyone that's struggling with acne and other life issues... :) Second, it's officially been a year since I started DKR and I have to say... THANK YOU tinydan.gif !!!! For years I thought I was destined to have horrible skin, now I look forward to a brighter future because acne is no longer part of my destiny... :)

As far as my skin is concerned, everything is awesome... Nothing to report, which is always a good thing... Back at my gym routine, so I have more energy and I love love love what AHA has been doing for my skin!!! As my ol' friend AyeAye said, AHA really does boost DKR results... My skin is looking clearer because my skin tone is beginning to even out... My skin is as smooth as a baby's bottom now that I've added AHA to my skin care routine... I'm also noticing my wrinkles are getting softer and I look younger... YAY!! All and all, I'm ecstatic with my results and look forward to even better times with beautiful, clear skin... For those that may have had their doubts... GO FOR IT!!! surprised.gif

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 01/16/2013 12:17 pm

Hey everyone!! I hope all is well... Nothing much to report today... My skin is looking better and better each day... I'm still in love with AHA, now that I know how to apply it... I've used two drops with my regular moisturizer for the past three days and I haven't experienced any irritation.. YAY! Usually I get these little red dots all over my face but I haven't noticed any so far (fingers crossed). Slowly I'm beginning to see how AHA is working for my skin... My skin texture is getting smoother and smoother... Even indentations and hyper pigmentation from old breakouts are less pronounced and my skin is nice and supple. I've been thinking about sunscreen again and am going to try my hand at Neutrogena's Clear Block... I'd like to incorporate sunscreen into my skincare regimen and hate the white hue sunscreen leaves on my face. Praying for the day Dan creates a sunscreen for DKR users... eusa_pray.gif Well time to get back to work... LATER GATORS!!wub.png

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 01/24/2013 9:59 am

Hey Hey Hey!! Happy Thursday!! I am having another mid month breakout... It's the weirdest thing... I actually have a painful active on my chin that's driving me crazy... It looked as though I may be getting a more severe breakout but I bumped back up to 2 pumps of BP and slathered on AHA which seems to have done the trick (Fingers crossed)... I know exactly what broke me out too... Lately my skin has been so beautiful that I've been touching me face more than usual... BIG MISTAKE!! Just goes to show that you have to remain vigilant with DKR, even after you've been clear for a long while... Now I remind myself not to get overzealous and not revert to bad habits I've had in the past... Lesson learned and moving on... lol Well I hope everything is well and everyone is keeping warm in these frigid temps... :)

LATER GATORS!

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 02/07/2013 10:21 am

Hey Everyone! It's been a bit but everything is going well... I have a huge clogged pore on my cheek that is mocking me at the moment because it's just a big red bump! UGH!! I haven't had anything like this since I began the regimen but this clogged pore has been lingering for a few months and never really got irritated or infected... that is until now... I pray it actually does come to a head so I can pop it and get rid of it but I'm trying not to think about it... Honestly, it isn't that bad considering the rest of my face is clear as day... It just looked like I have a red boob on my cheek... lol Besides that, everything is all good and AHA is working like a dream... Hope everyone is well and for my Northeasterns stay safe because you may not be looking for Nemo, but it's coming to find us... lol :)

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 05/27/2021 12:32 pm

Well... here I am again.. just shy of 10 years from the first time I began using the regimen to clear my acne. Let me begin by affirming my love for this regimen. Itsthe ONLY thing that I have tried thatsalways worked on maintaining my skin. I have deviated plenty of times and each time that the breakouts get really bad, I turnright back tothe regimen and my skin recovers. Though I am now in my 40's, I never outgrew the traumas of having acne prone skin but I have learned plenty along this journey. Here are a few tried and true tips that have helped me along the way:

1) Follow the regimen EXACTLY as it is outlined.The only exception to this is the amount of cleansing needed to get all of the gunk off of the face. I use La Roche Posay's Gentle Cleanser day and night to cleanse my skin for 60 seconds, utilizing a light touch to my skin, to avoid any irritation, yet takeoff all of the products I use on my skin. If I wear any makeup, I use a cleansing oil or balm to break up the makeup, then proceed to cleanse with my gentle cleanser.

2) Use a hydrating toner, serum and eye cream before applying BP. Onmy previous go arounds with the regimen, I always suffered horribly from excessive dehydration, which in turn,caused irritation and dryness. After I incorporated a hydrating toner and serum, the dehydration and irritation decreased significantly. Currently,I apply Soon Jung Hydrating Toner, The Ordinary's "Buffet" and Cerave eye cream on damp skin during this step to ensure my skin absorbs the hydration before I move on to the treatment phase.

3) Apply the full amount of BP, once your skin has adjusted and stick with it. In the past, I have tried to just spot treat or decrease the amount of BP I use morning and night, but I always end up having to ramp it back up because I start to breakout shortly after I scale back a bit. I am fortunate in many areas of my life but skimping on BP application just isn't one of those areas. Since mybreakouts appear on my cheeks, lower chin, and across my nose,I just apply in those areas. Even though it isn't my entire face, I still use a full index finger length 2 times a day after my hydrating routine, to ensure I keep my acne in check.

4) Don't be stingy with moisturizer! Though I have oily skin, I no longer skip moisturizing my face. As soon as the BP is dry, I go in with the acne.org moisturizer and slather it on thick. I have found that the acne.org moisturizer is only one I can use year round that doesn't break me out. Again, I'm a bit more seasoned in life, so being properly moisturized is key to keeping my skin healthy and balanced. Balanced skin is happy skin!

5) Never shy away from SPF! You must use SPF daily. NO EXCEPTIONS! Given the proliferation of sunscreen choices out in the market, you can find something that suits your skin with some patience and trial and error. Remember, what doesn't work for your face can be applied to the body, so no wasting what you can't use. Personally, I prefer Korean sunscreens because they usually leave zero white cast and spread easily. I use either Innisfree Mild sunscreen or Missha Aqua Sun Gel sunscreen. Both work amazing but the Innisfree is rich enough to act as your moisturizer and SPF in one. Innisfree is my go to when I'm in a rush and don't have time to apply moisturizer and spf separately. However, I use the Missha brand when I have some time to spare because it's light and fluid.

Bonus tip:I found that applying my sunscreen with an "air puff" does wonders for avoiding irritation and burning that occur when utilizingspf. You can find "air puff" on Amazon or any Korean skincare website.

6) DO NOT OVER EXFOLIATE!!! I have made this mistake so many times, I have lost count.. lol Because BP is great at constantly exfoliating your skin, there really isn't a big need to overdo exfoliating, whether it is physical or chemical. When the flaky skin gets bad, I use acleansing oil/balm on dry skin andgently rub my face to remove the flakes. I do this during my evening/night cleanse to start my skin off on a clean slate. I find this to be enough to keep my skin smooth and minimizes irritation. I do use acne.org AHA but use it only twice a month at night after cleansing, hydrating and moisturizing. On the nights I do use AHA, I do not use BP. It's just too much for my skin and again, it's unnecessary. AHA is amazing for smoothing your texture but it's intense and can easily be overused. Both exfoliation methods willsloth off the dead skin but you'll just have to listen to what your skin needs and go from there.

7) Stick to the 10 to 12 hour window for the regimen application. You may be able to get away with extending that window for a few hours but consistency, even with application time, is integral to the success of the regimen. When I experience breakouts, I can usually track it back to a few things. The most important thing I have noticed is when I am not precisely consistent in my BP application, I see my little red friends pop up. So I try my best to stay on course and do the regimen between 10 and 12 hours religiously. Yes, life can get in the way, but remaining vigilant always yields amazing results.

8) Don't obsess over dark marks and scars. I have found that they fade over time with consistent use of the regimen. The BP does wonders constantly peeling off layers of dead skin and dark marks leave along with it. Additionally, daily use of SPF will protect your skin from sun damage, which can exasperate dark marks and scars. As I age, I now realize, although a bit too late, that protecting your skin is paramount in healing your acne and balancing your skin.

Well, I hope this has been helpful and should you need any advice from this acne veteran regarding the regimen, please feel free to message me... Take care and remember.. Balanced skin is happy skin!

StarPower and Ishayat liked