Breaking Out On Reg...

Notifications
Clear all

Breaking Out On Regimen

MemberMember
(@kda5)

Posted : 01/27/2012 6:52 pm

Hey! I am new here. I have been on the Regimen for about a month. This is my routine:

• Wash with purity made simple by philosophy

• Proactiv 2.5% BP Repairing Lotion

• Neutrogena Oil-Free moisture for sensitive skin

I also use bareminerals makeup everyday, and it doesn't seem to irritate or have any negative impact on my skin.

Anyway,

My skin was beginning to clear up when I started using BP, but also started to dry out. I broke out along my jawline and a little on my cheeks a few weeks in, and then cleared. So I thought the initial breakout had passed. But after things were clearing up, I am now breaking out again on my jawline and chin, and I am about four weeks into the regimen. It's not a TON of spots, but the ones that are there are really deep. I am just wondering why things are getting worse again? When my skin started to get really dry, I used a soft-bristled facial brush to brush off the dead skin. Could that be a cause of breaking out? I know jawline acne can be connected to hormones, and I was on my "time of the month" when I broke out a few weeks into the regimen. So what do you guys think?

MemberMember
(@lola-burns)

Posted : 01/28/2012 1:29 am

I used Purity Made Simple for a while. I liked it well enough, but there are ingredients in it that may cause sensitive skin some trouble. And any sort of manual exfoliation tool should be avoided when skin is particularly delicate (like when it's adjusting to bp or when inflammed acne is present). Some people can use them without ill effects, but you're better off playing it safe. And YES your cycle can cause acne flare ups.

MemberMember
(@jensaa08)

Posted : 11/06/2013 2:13 am

Hi!

I've been on the Regimen for 3,5 weeks now trying to cure my hormonal acne.

Do you remember at what point did you see an improvement? And did something help or make it worse? For example did using more or less benzoyl peroxide make it worse or better? Did you pick you face? I know you're not suppose to but when ever I get pig inflamed pimples I have to get rid of them because other wise they are not going to leave for WEEKS.

Did you use make up at the beginning? I really wish I didn't have to use make up but I just don't feel like going to Uni looking like this :D

I just had a huge break out yesterday and my cheeks were full of flamed and quite deep pimples. I thought I saw an improvement last week but now I feel pretty frustrated and I'm starting to question about the effectiveness of the Regimen.

Thank you so much for your help! :)

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 11/06/2013 9:12 am

Unfortunately, breakouts are going to occur, and probably until about your third month in or so. It does take some patience, sweetie. Trust me grinwink.gif. I don't know much about the Philosophy cleanser, but I have found out that if I use what Dan recommends on his lists, I have much better results. Now, I do use a facial brush as well, but it is super gentle...almost like using my own fingers. It's a Merle Norman facial brush available at Merle Norman outlets. And it was very cheap -$5.00. I wish you the best of luck surprised.gif

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 11/06/2013 3:10 pm

The first few months often feel like a roller coaster ride with breakouts and clearing. Usually by the third month most people are clearing up nicely. Just continue on and make sure you are following it strictly. Please read here: http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

Hope that helps!

MemberMember
(@guitarist94)

Posted : 11/15/2013 1:32 am

3.5 months on the regimen and im finally starting to clear up. Stick with it