problems with dryne...

Notifications
Clear all

problems with dryness or flaking?

MemberMember
(@hunyeo)

Posted : 12/01/2012 1:58 pm

Hi.. I was wondering about my situation. I am flaking a lot and my face stings. I was home all day and when i took a bath around 6pm to attend something and i wore makeup. When i got home around 10pm and get ready to sleep, i cant decide if i should wash my face or not. Plus i still had my makeup on. And my face stings! A lot. So i couldnt wash again with the regimen..

MemberMember
(@laurenkellie)

Posted : 12/04/2012 1:52 pm

I've been searching for a while on where to post this but I guess I will start here! I've only been on the regimen for 4 weeks now but my flakiness, itchiness, and dryness is unbearable. It is only moderately flaky but when I try to put makeup on (3-5 hours after doing regimen) it looks HORRIBLE. Liquid or mineral foundation doesn't go on well and makes my face look like a reptile. I see dry patches and the color is uneven and just bad. It's disgusting and I am missing the days where I had bad acne but at least my makeup hid it and looked good! Any suggestions? I already mix 5 drops of jojoba oil with my moisturizer but I don't think it's enough. Before the regimen I used to exfoliate a lot and I think maybe my face needs it. I have the AHA but was told not to use it for a couple more weeks? Help please. I am really upset about this. Thanks so much.

MemberMember
(@theclassyanarchist)

Posted : 12/10/2012 5:16 pm

I'd also like to bring up the importance of your water quality. I travel relatively often. I live in Ottawa, Canada, and travel to New Hampshire. In Ottawa, my skin has been so dry on the regimen. I pile on the oils and the moisturizer, and that helps (as does the AHA+). But it is insane how flaky my skin can be; it just seems to flake right off in some areas. It is horrible. When I am in New Hampshire, I have NO flakiness or dryness, and my skin care routine is exactly the same, while using the same DKR products I do while in Canada. It has led me to consider the water types and differences in these two areas.. just something to think about (ie, testing your water to see if it is hard or soft, and investing in a water softener if need be).

MemberMember
(@suko)

Posted : 01/17/2013 8:40 am

Anyone has problems with dry lips especially? My skin is fine, but the lips are extremely dry. I am addicted to lip balm. And it's not just winter, any time of year! Should I get off the lip balm and hopefully the lips will start to moisten themselves naturally or should I keep applying it when my lips are dry?

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 01/19/2013 9:10 pm

Can I do this twice a day?

MemberMember
(@angel143)

Posted : 02/08/2013 3:09 am

I have a combination skin. My morning skin is oily and throughout the day, there would be some flakes here and there. I use a moisturizer but not often because it might add to the oiliness. I might as well try this.

MemberMember
(@kmverbo)

Posted : 02/08/2013 11:13 am

I've been searching for a while on where to post this but I guess I will start here! I've only been on the regimen for 4 weeks now but my flakiness, itchiness, and dryness is unbearable. It is only moderately flaky but when I try to put makeup on (3-5 hours after doing regimen) it looks HORRIBLE. Liquid or mineral foundation doesn't go on well and makes my face look like a reptile. I see dry patches and the color is uneven and just bad. It's disgusting and I am missing the days where I had bad acne but at least my makeup hid it and looked good! Any suggestions? I already mix 5 drops of jojoba oil with my moisturizer but I don't think it's enough. Before the regimen I used to exfoliate a lot and I think maybe my face needs it. I have the AHA but was told not to use it for a couple more weeks? Help please. I am really upset about this. Thanks so much.

I have this exact same problem!!! I've been on the Regimen (using all of Dan's products, and nothing else) for about six weeks or so now. I had moderate to severe acne, but it's really gotten better since using these products. The one HUGE problem is exactly what you described. I feel like a blotchily sunburned lizard, and it's NOT fun. It's exactly what you said. Before using the BP and everything, the make-up went on smooth, and covered up my skin. But now, I don't even know what it does. It's really frustrating!!! I've been trying to use a really gentle Neutrogena facial scrub (I don't know what it is called, I don't have it in front of me), and it's helped a little bit with the sticking out flakiness, but that's not the only problem. The rest of my skin that isn't flaking per say, looks like scales. Can anyone help us, PLEASE?!?

MemberMember
(@pennypincher)

Posted : 02/08/2013 11:58 pm

I'm in the same boat, all around my mouth and nasal areas I experience dryness, stinging, reptilian skin, and flaking. I don't know how to fix it.

MemberMember
(@birdboy)

Posted : 02/12/2013 12:41 pm

Hi All - old lady here, 45 years old. I use nothing but Dan's products (except for my daytime SPF) and was dry and flaky as Hell until I found this: Vegetable Glycerin. I'd never heard of it until I was at the health food store yesterday. Basically, is a clear liquid with a syrupy constancy that acts as a humectant i.e. it draws water to it. After I wash my face and put on my BP, I mix one big pump of Dan's moisturizer, 5-6 drops of jojoba oil, and 1 drop of Vegetable Glycerin in the palm of my hand and apply it to my face. For the first time in three months, when I woke up this morning my face wasn't like lizard skin. Really! I did the whole thing again with my SPF this morning and as of now (lunch time) my face is still soft! Usually I would have applied moisturizer three more times by this time. Anyway, after making this discovery I couldn't wait to write in. Hope it helps - let me know if you have any questions/comments. By the way, V.G. is non-comedogenic - I''m a psycho about that.

P.S. the lady in the health food store told my she mixes glycerin (only one drop - a little goes a long way, and if you add to much it has a "tacky" feeling) with a few drops of water and mineral foundation and uses it for her foundation. I haven't tried this yet because lately I haven't been using anything but blush, mascara and concealer.

MemberMember
(@brf7)

Posted : 04/10/2013 7:58 pm

This is probably the best advice I've ever taken to stop the dryness and flakiness. I mean, the first night I did this I was literally rubbing dry skin in the Jojoba Oil. After I washed it off I had no flakiness or dryness and my skin was SUPER smooth and more of a glow tone rather than red and bright. I've been doing it every time before I apply The Regimen and I've yet to experience any dryness of flakiness whatsoever. It's such a relief and ITS SO AWESOME!! Plus I've been using AHA and it's a friggen fantastic routine I'll tell yeah.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 04/19/2013 3:39 pm

So I've recently just developed really itchy and dry skin on my cheek and I'm starting to think it might be because of the BP? But the thing is I've been on the Regimen for like almost 3 months now and I've been using BP for years before I started the DKR, is it possible that I've suddenly developed this sensitivity/allergic reaction to it? I'm trying not to use the BP but I'm still using the cleanser and moisturiser. :/ It's all just kind of sudden...

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 07/24/2013 9:56 pm

I had to get off Dan's BP after using it for over a year and half. The dryness became way too much.

I started looking for other products that would work as good as his.

I finally found something with the strength of 2pumps bp I was using.

Except it doesn't have the increase dryness I was getting from the 2 pumps.

Google aspirem acne. The benzoyl peroxide works 24hrs without the dryness.

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 07/27/2013 12:54 pm

hi, i dunno if this is off the topic

but just finding out ... does the regimen make ur complexion appear darker?

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 07/27/2013 12:58 pm

hi, i dunno if this is off the topic

but just finding out ... does the regimen make ur complexion appear darker?

Dan's Moisturizer can give your skin a darker / even yellowish hue.

The BP will make your skin red at first, and some moisturizers make your skin red as well - ranging from slightly pink to "omg my skin's on fire".

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 07/27/2013 1:11 pm

Ok ..cuz everyone asking y I look sooo dark ...thanks

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 08/12/2013 9:09 am

I'm 5 weeks into the Regimen, and using AHA to spot treat every morning/as a moisturizer every other night. My skin has been so dry and flaky lately, and even almost swollen because I ran out of the acne.org moisturizer and switched to Eucerin repair creme in the meantime, which burns my face from the lanolin alcohol. Only problem is it doesn't mix with jojoba, so I haven't used that for a few days either! Bad idea. Looking at this thread I think I'll have to massage my face with it tonight. There is some SERIOUS irritation happening here and I don't want to hurt my progress.

MemberMember
(@thetruth1)

Posted : 08/13/2013 10:09 pm

This may sound crazy BUT sometimes we have to go back to the basics. With that in mind at night you can use castor oil - it penetrates the surface layers of the skin for softer more pliable skin, it is also a good humectant. Additionally, you can use Vaseline, or Crisco. That's right I said Crisco. Crisco's ingredients consists of soybean oil, hydrogenated palm oil, partially hydrogenated soybean - which are all good for the skin.*Moderator edit, URL removed please read the board rules*

MemberMember
(@lyanna)

Posted : 08/14/2013 4:45 am

This may sound crazy BUT sometimes we have to go back to the basics. With that in mind at night you can use castor oil - it penetrates the surface layers of the skin for softer more pliable skin, it is also a good humectant. Additionally, you can use Vaseline, or Crisco. That's right I said Crisco. Crisco's ingredients consists of soybean oil, hydrogenated palm oil, partially hydrogenated soybean - which are all good for the skin.*Moderator edit, URL removed please read the board rules*

>

Anyone has problems with dry lips especially? My skin is fine, but the lips are extremely dry. I am addicted to lip balm. And it's not just winter, any time of year! Should I get off the lip balm and hopefully the lips will start to moisten themselves naturally or should I keep applying it when my lips are dry?

I experience the dry lips too and I experience it all year long. I have used a multitude of balms. Does anyone have experience with anything that actually works? *Moderator edit, URL removed please read the board rules*

I have been using jojoba oil on my lips since the beginning of the regimen and so far I have not experienced any dryness on my lips (I am almost in my fourth week). Here's a link to the video where Dan shows you how to use it:

MemberMember
(@stefannia)

Posted : 08/20/2013 12:43 am

Yes. Closer to my second week of the regime my skin was out of control with dryness and flakyness. I stopped the treatment for one day and used an exfoliator but only once! should help. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@cramirez89)

Posted : 08/31/2013 5:28 pm

BP has been been drying my skin out a lot but moisturizers usually break me out. Any one have any recommendations on how to tackle this?

MemberMember
(@ibdillihay94)

Posted : 11/05/2013 8:16 pm

I am currently during the second week of the regimen. I'm noticing dryness around my chin, sides of mouth and nose which isn't a big deal. But as i apply the moisturizer and BP I've felt some burning. Is this normal?

MemberMember
(@johnyrock)

Posted : 11/10/2013 2:21 am

Hi Guysi used the regime and within 2 weeks i had seen the effect. i used 2.5 % bp and nutregena combinations skin moisturizer.Its helping but my skin is drying and i can see the flakes on my skin. so if anybody know some good moisturizers then pls suggest.

MemberMember
(@lovablemaria)

Posted : 12/09/2013 5:40 am

Use less make up and you will really feel the difference. Don't use harsh products on your face.

MemberMember
(@snowhite28)

Posted : 12/13/2013 2:21 pm

Thanks, sounds good!

What if I wear make-up during the day, I wouldnt be able to do this at night then, coz the make-up has to come off first?

Jojoba oil is great make-up remover. If i were you I would get a cotton pad with Jojoba oil and gently work on removing my eye make-up first. Then you can start putting Jojoba oil on the rest of your face. Don't even worry about the foundation you have on cause while massaging your face you're also removing the make-up.

MemberMember
(@nina-potato)

Posted : 12/13/2013 5:08 pm

Is it okay to use moisturizer first before the treatment, bcos it would make my skin less flaky

Or does it make the regimen less effective and take more time to heal acne?