Notifications
Clear all

Are eggs bad for acne?

MemberMember
(@acnejean)

Posted : 07/27/2008 12:25 pm

i ate them everyday for breakfast for a week and didn't notice a difference in my skin. i don't think it will make you break out.

and "brown" eggs doesn't have any difference in nutrition then white eggs.

MemberMember
(@yankulov)

Posted : 07/27/2008 2:31 pm

Its tradition for me to eat 4 whole eggs every morning, no exceptions. I make eggs even when I'm on vacation. They have a lot of vitamins and I think they are perfect food, except when you are completely sure you have eggs allergy.

Don't make hard-boiled eggs because they are difficult to digest. Instead of that you can make scrambled eggs with broccoli, carrots and other vegetables + some spices and extra virgin olive oil. Tasty, healthy and good for everybody - acne-suffers, bodybuilders, etc.

I tried raw eggs only for 3 days (something like 2-3 whole raw eggs and 1-2 raw egg whites per day), and they make me sick: stomach-aches, diarrhea, etc. So I wouldn't recommend to consume raw eggs despite the benefits of raw food.

MemberMember
(@acneminator)

Posted : 08/27/2008 6:17 am

haha i hate eggs . they make me break out for nothing ..damn nit

MemberMember
(@cottoncandi)

Posted : 01/14/2009 5:33 am

I LOVE eggs. Just not runny eggs.

I only eat organic eggs from grain fed chickens, they taste the best! Brown eggs taste better than white for some reason.

Also, yes, the risk of salmonella in organic eggs is way less than regular eggs. Organic farmers take care of their animals and let them run free, and don't pump them full of hormones and antibiotics. Regular eggs are from chickens who are squished into tiny crates and get sick all the time.

MemberMember
(@healthnut)

Posted : 02/18/2009 9:22 pm

I eat raw eggs religiously, because they cured me of acne.

The cis-13-retinoic acid in the yolk is what Accutane comes from, as I understand it.

Anyway...I eat about 6 to 8 eggs per day, raw or cooked, depending on my mood and whether I have time to sit and cook them.

I'd be a pimply mess if it were not for eggs!

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 02/18/2009 11:05 pm

I eat raw eggs religiously, because they cured me of acne.

The cis-13-retinoic acid in the yolk is what Accutane comes from, as I understand it.

Anyway...I eat about 6 to 8 eggs per day, raw or cooked, depending on my mood and whether I have time to sit and cook them.

I'd be a pimply mess if it were not for eggs!

theres studies saying eating whole raw eggs is not a good idea contrary to what many of us believed..

soft boiling may be your best best..

The human body cannot digest raw egg whites completely. Avidin is found in raw egg whites and blocks the uptake of Vitamin B6 (Biotin) causing a vitamin deficiency. You have to cook the egg white to neutralize the Avidin and allow your body to digest the protein and utilize all of the Amino acids.

there used to be the belief that the yolk contained enough biotin to bind to all the avidin present in the raw whites..but its not true..i consumed raw eggs everyday for many years until I learned about this..heres a good article on it if your interested..

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles...9/raw-eggs.aspx

I dont believe eggs are bad for acne..you are consuming a whole animal..they are natures perfect food.

MemberMember
(@glass-danse)

Posted : 02/19/2009 1:15 am

Not me, I usually eat at least 8 a day, love them.

MemberMember
(@charliieee)

Posted : 02/20/2009 1:05 am

Heck yes Glass Danse, eggs are soooo good. I really hope they aren't bad for us!

MemberMember
(@daxxx)

Posted : 02/20/2009 6:52 am

I think eggs are great, especially because they are a good breakfast alternative in the morning, instead of eating unhealthy cereals with dairy that will break me out, or some other sugary crap.

MemberMember
(@andreafromaustin)

Posted : 06/09/2009 11:28 am

I was on a diet once for my acne and it claimed cooked proteins are bad for acne. Since egg is FULL of protein, then a cooked egg, according to this diet (Wai diet) is bad for acne. However, a raw egg yolk is extremely good for your skin as it is packed full of uncooked protein, which is good. So I don't think there is an answer to this question really, beause there is no evidence that diet affects acne.

You should definitely do more research; because what we eat and put into our bodies (our DIET) is without a doubt a cause for very many acne sufferers. If your body cannot process or digest certain foods, they get thrown into the blood stream and treated as toxins by your immune system. Western dermatologists have yet to say that they think diet is related to acne, but they are so far behind in figuring out the root causes of acne, that they actually end up doing more damage to most people than good. They simply write out a perscription - usually in less than a minute of conversing with the patient - for antibiotics or accutane (which does not work for many people; often when the cause of their acne is linked to their DIET). Antibiotics are HORRIBLE for anyone and everyone. They impair your immune system, and can make your body very sick. Whenever people get taken off of the antibiotics, their acne often comes back with a vengeance; or their body begins to work over the meds and flare up as it gets used to them.

All in all, there is a plethora of information available today to help you decide if your acne may be linked to something you all are eating, that your body simply treats as a foriegn object (allergies or intolerances). There has also been extensive research on the milk/acne connection for most people; even those who do not have classical 'acne'. I encourage you all to educate yourselves, and try to find the root of your particular case!

MemberMember
(@mitchm)

Posted : 09/15/2009 3:10 pm

Seriously, how the hell is anyone supposed to know for sure with all this conflicting information!

MemberMember
(@stevez)

Posted : 09/15/2009 7:27 pm

by trial and error, eat a ton of eggs and see if your acne gets worse

MemberMember
(@beautifulperseverance619)

Posted : 10/01/2009 12:12 pm

What is truth?

MemberMember
(@bennyb)

Posted : 10/01/2009 4:14 pm

it completely depends on the eggs that you are eating. I am on an anti candida diet and i eat 4 to 5 eggs every morning. The eggs i eat are organic and free range from whole foods. Each egg contains 250 mgs of omega 3. i can say that eggs are not necessarily good or bad for acne it depends on what is causing your acne. But regardless, they are healthy and beneficial to the body as a whole. If you have candida then eggs like the ones i eat are actually very beneficial for acne. If you buy free range organic eggs, then they should be fine. The only problem with eggs is the hormones and antibiotics that are transferred into the egg. You avoid this by shopping at whole foods and getting free range organic eggs.

MemberMember
(@brenton-b)

Posted : 10/01/2009 5:43 pm

I eat two raw eggs including the shell (heavily washed) in a protein shake after my workouts about 5 days a week. I also usually have 2-3 eggs prepared over easy every morning. I feel perfectly healthy, my skin is clear about 99% of the time (with the exception of the following day after drinking beer heavily), and I buy pasteurized eggs which have an extremely low risk of being infected. (pasteurization is a process where food is heated to 140AF, killing harmful bacteria.)

What are the symptoms of a Salmonella infection?

"A person infected with the Salmonella enteritidis bacterium usually has fever, abdominal cramps, and diarrhea beginning 12 to 72 hours after consuming a contaminated food or beverage. The illness usually lasts 4 to 7 days, and most persons recover without antibiotic treatment. However, the diarrhea can be severe, and the person may be ill enough to require hospitalization." -Source: cdc.gov

New steps being taken to reduce the risk of Salmonella infection:

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/Pre...s/ucm170788.htm

I'm more worried about dying while driving my car than I am from getting some bad diarrhea from a raw egg.

MemberMember
(@strato)

Posted : 10/01/2009 7:23 pm

Why do you eat the shell?

MemberMember
(@swits)

Posted : 10/02/2009 6:01 pm

i thought eggs were benefiting my skin, but i figured out that once i cut them out that my skin got a lot better. i think this may not be due to the eggs, but the fact that i was cooking them on butter or lard.

MemberMember
(@brenton-b)

Posted : 10/02/2009 9:25 pm

Why do you eat the shell?

it's a good source of calcium carbonate which is widely used medicinally as an inexpensive dietary calcium supplement or antacid.

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 08/28/2012 3:58 pm

I will have to strongly answer "no."

Eggs are an amazing food and full of nutrients.

I would have to say in pursuit of healing acne, health is what one is after, not necessarily restricting diet.

Unless you have some kind of allergy to eggs or your body feels strange after eating them, I'd say eat at least 2 or 3 a day to get some good protein and zinc.

Eat a balanced diet. Eggs are also alkalizing - good for acne.

MemberMember
(@uncle-buck)

Posted : 10/12/2012 9:06 am

This is the first i've heard about eating egg shells. Nutrients aside, you'd have to crush it to quite an extent to avoid scratching your insides wouldn't you?

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 10/12/2012 8:03 pm

This is the first i've heard about eating egg shells. Nutrients aside, you'd have to crush it to quite an extent to avoid scratching your insides wouldn't you?

That's what i'm wondering as well. I've always been a proponent of eating raw, organic, free range eggs. Pasteurization, from everything i've read, also helps break down an anti-nutrient in the egg whites. So if i don't pasteurize from home or buy them pasteurized, i simply eat the egg yolks

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 10/13/2012 9:57 am

I'd love to try eggshells if I could pulverize them somehow and put them into capsules. But like others have already mentioned, I'd be worried about those little shards of shell causing further internal damage.