MemberMember
(@veen)

Posted : 04/18/2006 1:03 pm

you're just chicken.

ill keep eating my soft boiled eggs :)

MemberMember
(@nandemoii)

Posted : 11/10/2006 1:37 pm

Sorry to bring back a dead thread, but I think some of you are overly paranoid about the salmonella threat of raw eggs. Rodd, in your nutritional science class did you happen to have a look at Japan? In Japan raw eggs are consumed almost daily by most people, yet I have never heard or read about salmonella outbreaks in the news. I'm sure some cases exist, but salmonella just does not seem to be an issue, given the sheer quantity of raw egg that people in Japan eat.

Many (most?) Japanese eat raw egg with rice and miso soup and natto for breakfast. There are noodle dishes in which a raw egg is dropped in the bowl just as its served. Things like katsudon and tendon are served with a raw egg on top. Sukiyaki is a meat dish, in which the cooked meat is dipped in raw egg before being eaten. Even my first time here I ordered a plate of spaghetti with what I thought was a ball of mozzerella cheese in the middle. Turned out to be a VERY lightly poached egg. The list goes on.

Yet, despite the massive consumption of raw eggs in Japan, the Japanese are up there in terms of life expectancy and health.

As for acne, I read that raw egg yolk as a mask works wonders, due to its high vitamin A content.

MemberMember
(@erpatter)

Posted : 11/10/2006 1:41 pm

I doubt eggs influence your acne at all. Eggs are a good food source as long as you don't eat them all the time. I eat egg whites rather than the whole egg. Real eggs have too much cholesterol for me to eat all the time.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/10/2006 2:05 pm

My dad was telling me eggs give acne, but I eat 6 on a daily basis and I'm fine.

Salmonella is a small risk, but I still won't mess with it. A guy at my gym caught it once and was hospitalized for 3 days and lost 10 lbs.

Plus, there's less protein in raw eggs.

MemberMember
(@erpatter)

Posted : 11/10/2006 2:10 pm

How is their less protein in a raw egg vs a cooked egg?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/10/2006 2:13 pm

Because it's not cooked. Let me dig up an article I read a while back...

MemberMember
(@pharaoh123)

Posted : 11/10/2006 4:06 pm

There is still about 8g of prtein in a boiled egg around half in the yolk half in the whites. When people eat raw eggs they usually do it to get the white seperetely for the protein maybe even 20 raw egg whites a day, there's too much cholesterol in the yolk and egg protein is a good quality complete protein.

The bad side is the danger of sarmonella which is very small, and a much realer danger of developing a biotin deficency because raw egg whites have something in them that inhibits biotin absorbtion.

The good side is that boiled egg whites have a higher potential to causing an allergy to them.

I have started eating lots of eggs in the past few weeks and my skin is looking good, so no they definitely dont cause acne.

MemberMember
(@handsbella)

Posted : 11/11/2006 1:56 am

I would say they're fine unless you are allergic to them. Eggs are packed with vitamins like zinc and such that are good for acne. I eat 'em almost everyday with no problems.

I second this. I have been eating an egg everyday without a problem.

MemberMember
(@tigerlily86)

Posted : 11/11/2006 3:08 am

Yes.

Eggs are horrible for acne. They've been known to make your face fall off too.

MemberMember
(@maximus76)

Posted : 11/22/2006 3:01 pm

Yes.

Eggs are horrible for acne. They've been known to make your face fall off too.

err..hi tigerlily ...are u retarted??..

MemberMember
(@acnoman)

Posted : 01/16/2008 5:01 am

How about 15 egg whites a day????. Will that cause any problem?

Or you can just eat the eggwhites....
MemberMember
(@smc0617)

Posted : 01/16/2008 7:13 am

in moderation i don't think it will cause any problems...maybe once or twice a week. if you were eating 2-3 every day this may cause a problem. i usually hard boil mine and put it on top of my salad a couple times a week.

MemberMember
(@mamita)

Posted : 01/16/2008 10:57 am

Someone once told me that eggs can be desinfected from salmonella by boiling them only for a few seconds, since the bacteria doesnAt live inside of the egg, but in the shell. Anyone heard that theory? Theoretically you could then eat them raw, which a lot of people do (my dad eats eggs that are boiled but very slimy, I hate it. He always gave it to me when I was little, nowadays I donAt eat much eggs)

MemberMember
(@tdot)

Posted : 01/16/2008 11:06 am

I think eggs are good in moderation... 2 or 3 times a week.... not everyday... I find if I eat too many... may just be a coincedence butthis is what I see happening.... I break out around my nose and my cheeks right beside my nose...weird.

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 01/16/2008 11:07 am

Its all relative. What breaks out one person doesnt necessarily break out another. I personally have never had a problem with eggs breaking me out, but that doesnt mean other people dont

MemberMember
(@fefe)

Posted : 01/16/2008 1:25 pm

For me, I've seen them effect me. So i rarely eat eggs.

MemberMember
(@deantonio)

Posted : 01/16/2008 1:32 pm

egglands best natural omega 3 enhanced eggs >

MemberMember
(@paul25)

Posted : 01/16/2008 1:51 pm

I eat about 3 eggs a day and they dont effect my acne in anyway. Good job because i love them :D

MemberMember
(@release-the-stars)

Posted : 04/01/2008 9:45 am

yup... eggs do aggravate acne, make you face fall of AND sometimes, i think one in 4 million get EI AIDS (Egg Induced Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) So run to your mothers cuz you should be afraid.

MemberMember
(@wanabeacnefree)

Posted : 04/01/2008 10:21 am

I think eggs are good in moderation... 2 or 3 times a week.... not everyday... I find if I eat too many... may just be a coincedence butthis is what I see happening.... I break out around my nose and my cheeks right beside my nose...weird.
MemberMember
(@alexgf)

Posted : 04/01/2008 6:26 pm

so what should I do/eat in order to counterbalance this salmonella bacteria if I ingest it

I won't stop eating eggs.. I still cook the white.. the yolk just drop it in the pan for a few seconds so the egg white around it gets cooked.. and I have my runny egg yolk ready to be spread in bacon!

MemberMember
(@rakbs)

Posted : 04/01/2008 7:47 pm

Just to clear up some misconceptions:

1. Dietary cholesterol doesn't have much of an effect on blood cholesterol. Also note that most heart attack patients have normal levels of cholesterol; perhaps this says that we should worry about other things if we want to prevent heart disease.

2. The egg yolk is the most nutritious part of the egg and there's no reason to not eat them. My philosophy is to not eat today what you wouldn't have been able to eat thousands of years ago; if you lived thousands of years ago, do you think you would have taken the time to carefully remove the egg yolk before eating the egg?

3. Egg allergies are fairly common, and if you have one than there's a good chance eggs will mess up your digestion and/or your skin.

4. There's no food that you should only limit to once-twice a week. If a food is truly healthy for you, you should be able to eat it every single day without problems. If eggs break you out if you eat them too often, then that doesn't mean you should only eat them once a week; it means you should probably just go ahead and cut them out. Now obviously if you eat two dozen eggs in a sitting, that shouldn't count; but if you break out from eating just 2 eggs every day, then that's reason to discontinue your consumption of eggs.

MemberMember
(@kampfgeist)

Posted : 04/01/2008 8:15 pm

I've been eating two boiled eggs for breakfast for 2-3 weeks and I'm fine

It's a great breakfast and makes my mood better at work

MemberMember
(@alexgf)

Posted : 04/01/2008 9:49 pm

well I've been asking people how many times they eat eggs a week and most of them say twice or once... can't blieve people are missing out such great source of nutrients! and they answer " I don't want to mess up my cholesterol.."

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 07/27/2008 10:12 am

hm dang time to eat eggs 2-3 times a week.

>_<

I buy the organic brown eggs , %100 vegetarian fed.

hopefully is good.