Notifications
Clear all

Clear after 15 years...

MemberMember
(@donatello2468)

Posted : 02/16/2006 7:16 am

I changed to a raw food vegan diet about 3 months ago, simply because food's never been v important for me, and the health benefits of such a diet are amazing.

I had mild to moderate acne in the T-zone on my face, none on my body. My acne was mostly caused by stress I think, and trying things like St John's Wort hadn't helped.

The diet change helped my skin a lot, but didn't completely clear my face, it only improved things about 50%.

I've been following 'Clear At Last's lemon routine for 2 weeks now, and my acne is nearly gone - this is, frankly, utterly fantasic, lol.

After only one night of using it, I noticed that my spots had shrunk FAR more quickly than usual. I only got one or two very unnoticeable new spots in the past 2 weeks, and now everything is almost disappeared; even my red marks are disappearing, despite me having had them for a month or so, and them not having lessened in that time.

My lips are *slightly* dryer, but it's mainly the rest of my skin that I've noticed becoming dryer - not horrendously by any means, but my skin is just slightly dryer in areas on my face, and I may need a little dab of moisturiser, but that's all.

Thanks a LOT Clear At Last for sharing this information - I've been experimenting for so long that I never thought I'd find my solution. Thank you!

It's worth noting that those of you with less radical diets than mine may not have as strong or as fast results - basically, all non-vegan foods (meat, dairy, refined sugars) are acidifying, while all vegan foods (fruit, veg, nuts) are alkalyzing, like lemons. Hence my whole diet is very alkalyzing, which no doubt helps the process.

It would be interesting to hear from others who've had success with this technique ;)

MemberMember
(@solros)

Posted : 02/16/2006 7:20 am

Lots of raw food contains antinutrients: http://www.beyondveg.com/tu-j-l/raw-cooked...cooked-1b.shtml

MemberMember
(@donatello2468)

Posted : 02/16/2006 5:33 pm

Lots of raw food contains antinutrients: http://www.beyondveg.com/tu-j-l/raw-cooked...cooked-1b.shtml

An interesting article, but I'm not trying to persuade people to change to my diet - I merely stated that non-vegan foods are acidifying, and vegan foods are alkalyzing, hence my raw food vegan diet is better suited for alkalyzing the human body.

Eat however you want, I won't stop you. The fact is, I feel better, look better and do better now I'm on a raw food vegan diet - I do bodybuilding, and my recovery times are shorter, and muscle mass easier to put on. I have a more tanned, even complexion, and everyone I know has commented on how good I look. I need far less sleep, and never feel hungry or (alternatively) bloated. I can eat as much as I want, no exaggeration, and my weight doesn't fluctuate one bit.

So eat however you want, I don't care, I'm happy with my choice ;)

MemberMember
(@kfdjkjsdf)

Posted : 02/16/2006 9:53 pm

Having more than 3 bowel movements a day is NOT a good thing...eventually your anus is going to burn. I have TONS of bowel movements sometimes, so that's how I know...and it didn't seem to impact my acne.

Just thought I'd throw that out there...

MemberMember
(@addanny)

Posted : 09/11/2008 10:02 pm

im Starting this tonight, 11:00PM Sep. 11, 2008, ive been drinking lemon juice in the morning and night randomly, but I am going to be strict on this one and follow it religiously. I will post back with my results and what I experienced.

MemberMember
(@jay326)

Posted : 04/27/2010 9:11 pm

I'm gonna try this.

MemberMember
(@andersoj)

Posted : 04/28/2010 12:23 am

This is a good thread. I drink wheatgrass powder mixed with water twice a day which is supposedly alkalizing and a shot of fresh wheatgrass whenever I'm near a jamba juice. I really think this has a positive effect on my skin and helps to balance some of my more acidifying habits. Gonna try the lemon juice now. I feel very close.

MemberMember
(@autonomousone1980)

Posted : 04/28/2010 12:53 pm

dont know anything about this acid/alkaline thing, but seems like you just followed a generally healthy plant based diet. ANd in the process got the fiber minerals and vitamins your body needed.

MemberMember
(@polska-laska)

Posted : 04/28/2010 3:08 pm

Yeast/candida can't survive in an alkaline environment. (Eating lots of alkalizing foods like vegetables, and eating the least amount of protein you can get away with). I have a bunch of ph testing strips, and if I eat too much protein, I'm wayyyyy too overly acidic. Filtered water is actually acidic (tested with a strip) whereas mineral water (and tap water) is basic... I still drink filtered, but I have to eat a TONNE of vegies a day to keep a neutral/ slightly alkaline body.

MemberMember
(@mr-crab)

Posted : 04/28/2010 3:53 pm

I wish I could consume lemons without getting mad cysts..

MemberMember
(@troubledtimes)

Posted : 04/28/2010 4:43 pm

whoooooo.... lemon juice has KICK!!!!!! so has anyone tried the plastic lemon presqueezed lemon juice what is the difference? I'm trying this, too bad lemons are expensive in my town but worth the price ive paid at other soultions that went nowhere..

HEY! Thanks for all your advice, Im on a differin course and have been taking up a new diet, and drinking lemons as well. I couldnt say for sure what exactly is making the difference but Ive definately been getting better. Honey is fine to add to your lemon drink, a lot of people do it. Its got a bunch of vitamins and helps the skin, Im just a bit weary of its sugar content. Anyones thoughts?

MemberMember
(@sam7867)

Posted : 12/03/2010 5:48 am

Yeah, life's been one big party for me lately

If you want to alkalise your body I think you CAN drink with meals, as long as it are alkalising drinks, such as mineral water, green tea, orange juice (the real thing, most brands have added sugars, 100% pure is a little bit more expensive) etc. I usually drink things like that with my meals. For some reason I couldn't open the link you posted, so I dont know the theory behind that.

Actually, the lemon thing I am doing works alkalizing, so maybe you can do it at the same time. Hehehe, I dont want to sound to pushy, but I found something that works, and I want other people to feel as good as I do right now (*violin playing in background*)

How are you alkalizing? Do you eat "bad foods" or also "natural" like me? I found it impossible to alkalise eating junk, I dont know why that is. At work one guy thinks I have anorexia because I never eat candy and things like that anymore. Also this afternoon I was in the supermarket buying lemons (three cases) and the cashier asked me "What the hell are you going to do with all those lemons ?!" I mumbled something like "I put it in my tea" and fled the scene (I didnt want to go in depth in the lemon science LOL as there was a huge line behind me :D ) Ah, the adventures of a lemonjunkie

Keep me updated with your progress.

hehe :D

MemberMember
(@sam7867)

Posted : 12/03/2010 5:51 am

Yeah, life's been one big party for me lately

If you want to alkalise your body I think you CAN drink with meals, as long as it are alkalising drinks, such as mineral water, green tea, orange juice (the real thing, most brands have added sugars, 100% pure is a little bit more expensive) etc. I usually drink things like that with my meals. For some reason I couldn't open the link you posted, so I dont know the theory behind that.

Actually, the lemon thing I am doing works alkalizing, so maybe you can do it at the same time. Hehehe, I dont want to sound to pushy, but I found something that works, and I want other people to feel as good as I do right now (*violin playing in background*)

How are you alkalizing? Do you eat "bad foods" or also "natural" like me? I found it impossible to alkalise eating junk, I dont know why that is. At work one guy thinks I have anorexia because I never eat candy and things like that anymore. Also this afternoon I was in the supermarket buying lemons (three cases) and the cashier asked me "What the hell are you going to do with all those lemons ?!" I mumbled something like "I put it in my tea" and fled the scene (I didnt want to go in depth in the lemon science LOL as there was a huge line behind me :D ) Ah, the adventures of a lemonjunkie

Keep me updated with your progress.

hehe :D

do you sqeeze the juice out of the lemons and add it to warm water ??? and do you take zinc ??? or anyother acne treatments like birthcontrol pills ?? i've tried lemon juice before ..the one that comes in a bottle (pure concentrated) and it didnt work and it caused serious problems...i was constipating and couldnt wee...i dont know, but maybe i'm allergic to lemons !!!

MemberMember
(@kittenpaw)

Posted : 12/30/2010 5:06 pm

I heard about alkali diet good for whole body. but my concern is how come u drink lemon juice on empty stomach? im sure mine would hurt if I did! im afraid to develop stomach wounds if i start drinkin lemon juice.

MemberMember
(@korion)

Posted : 03/22/2011 11:37 am

Hi, I just read your thread, and I had the exact same experience (though I had acne for less than 5 years, and it was very mild, it just got worse when my diet changed and it's just not bad enough to go to the doctor :P).

Thanks a lot for writing this, but I had some notes :

- The alkalizing/acid food table is not right : chicken breast is not alkaline, nor is whey protein powder. You should have seen my skin after I ate 75g whey powder. Since that day (exactly a week ago), I've only eaten fruits, vegetables, apple cider vinegar and golden grahams because they're more alkaline than other cereals.

- Apple cider vinegar is more potent than lemon.

That's all :D

I got more acne when I :

- started eating more meat

- started eating more pizza (without removing the cheese, I normally did that)

- started eating candy instead of potato chips

MemberMember
(@allrighty)

Posted : 02/23/2012 4:04 pm

thaxceptional1 with processed foods I mean anything that is (partially) made by man. Such as:

pasta, white bread (whole grain is ok, just not to much), soft drinks, ice cream, chocolate, cookies, sweets, noodles, alcoholic bevarages, etc. Also a lot of products have added sugars, I always check the label.

There is actually a lot of information on the internet about that, just search "alkalazing foods" or "acidifying foods" One list I found (amongst others):

Oops, a little bit long, but here it goes...

ALKALIZING FOODS

VEGETABLES

Garlic

Asparagus

Fermented Veggies

Watercress

Beets

Broccoli

Brussel sprouts

Cabbage

Carrot

Cauliflower

Celery

Chard

Chlorella

Collard Greens

Cucumber

Eggplant

Kale

Kohlrabi

Lettuce

Mushrooms

Mustard Greens

Dulce

Dandelions

Edible Flowers

Onions

Parsnips (high glycemic)

Peas

Peppers

Pumpkin

Rutabaga

Sea Veggies

Spirulina

Sprouts

Squashes

Alfalfa

Barley Grass

Wheat Grass

Wild Greens

Nightshade Veggies

FRUITS

Apple

Apricot

Avocado

Banana (high glycemic)

Cantaloupe

Cherries

Currants

Dates/Figs

Grapes

Grapefruit

Lime

Honeydew Melon

Nectarine

Orange

Lemon

Peach

Pear

Pineapple

All Berries

Tangerine

Tomato

Tropical Fruits

Watermelon

PROTEIN

Eggs

Whey Protein Powder

Cottage Cheese

Chicken Breast

Yogurt

Almonds

Chestnuts

Tofu (fermented)

Flax Seeds

Pumpkin Seeds

Tempeh (fermented)

Squash Seeds

Sunflower Seeds

Millet

Sprouted Seeds

Nuts OTHER

Apple Cider Vinegar

Bee Pollen

Lecithin Granules

Probiotic Cultures

Green Juices

Veggies Juices

Fresh Fruit Juice

Organic Milk

(unpasteurized)

Mineral Water

Alkaline Antioxidant Water

Green Tea

Herbal Tea

Dandelion Tea

Ginseng Tea

Banchi Tea

Kombucha

SWEETENERS

Stevia

SPICES/SEASONINGS

Cinnamon

Curry

Ginger

Mustard

Chili Pepper

Sea Salt

Miso

Tamari

All Herbs

ORIENTAL VEGETABLES

Maitake

Daikon

Dandelion Root

Shitake

Kombu

Reishi

Nori

Umeboshi

Wakame

Sea Veggies

ACIDIFYING FOODS

FATS & OILS

Avocado Oil

Canola Oil

Corn Oil

Hemp Seed Oil

Flax Oil

Lard

Olive Oil

Safflower Oil

Sesame Oil

Sunflower Oil

FRUITS

Cranberries

GRAINS

Rice Cakes

Wheat Cakes

Amaranth

Barley

Buckwheat

Corn

Oats (rolled)

Quinoi

Rice (all)

Rye

Spelt

Kamut

Wheat

Hemp Seed Flour

DAIRY

Cheese, Cow

Cheese, Goat

Cheese, Processed

Cheese, Sheep

Milk

Butter NUTS & BUTTERS

Cashews

Brazil Nuts

Peanuts

Peanut Butter

Pecans

Tahini

Walnuts

ANIMAL PROTEIN

Beef

Carp

Clams

Fish

Lamb

Lobster

Mussels

Oyster

Pork

Rabbit

Salmon

Shrimp

Scallops

Tuna

Turkey

Venison

PASTA (WHITE)

Noodles

Macaroni

Spaghetti

OTHER

Distilled Vinegar

Wheat Germ

Potatoes DRUGS & CHEMICALS

Chemicals

Drugs, Medicinal

Drugs, Psychedelic

Pesticides

Herbicides

ALCOHOL

Beer

Spirits

Hard Liquor

Wine

BEANS & LEGUMES

Black Beans

Chick Peas

Green Peas

Kidney Beans

Lentils

Lima Beans

Pinto Beans

Red Beans

Soy Beans

Soy Milk

White Beans

Rice Milk

Almond M

Sometimes the lists differ a little bit. Especially on olive oil, coffee, some diary products and nuts the jury is still out. Sometimes they are listed as acidifying, sometimes as alkalizing. I try to stay away from them to be sure. So my diet consist mainly of fruits, vegetables, patatoes and whole grain bread. Jummy eusa_sick.gif but it's a small price to pay for clearing up acne, I think.

But I didnt get the best results just eating a clean diet. The trick to become real alkaline is to drink lemon juice on an empty stomach twice a day.

Gurra, I didnt try drinking only once a day. I am too scared the acne will come back, especially since it's fiiiiinaaaaaallllllyyy gone. I didn't get the same results with apple cider vinegar, but we are all different. Maybe it will work for you. Just drink it on an empty stomach, so your body absorbs all of the alkalizing goodies cool.gif

Yeah, I know what you mean Annaa, I have the same problem at work. Everybody's eating pie and sweets and chocolate all day, and I am eating bananas, oranges and salades. But you know, they dont have to walk around with acne all day long if I eat junk, so I think it's my business what I put into my body.

BTW, can you get away with junk food? It always made me break out.

I felt real dumb bying those lemons. The bad thing was, the cashier had some acne herself, but I didn't want to say I used it for MY acne because I thought she may think I was trying to diss HER because of her acne - can you follow me? Nevermind I can't either lol.gif

ARE THESE THE FOODS U STAY AWAY FROM OR EAT??? Im lost lol

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 02/23/2012 4:17 pm

ARE THESE THE FOODS U STAY AWAY FROM OR EAT??? Im lost lol

That's a list of supposedly alkalinizing and acidifying foods. The belief is you want to consume more alkalinizing foods. But it doesn't mean that you can/should eat them all. Or that you avoid all acidifying foods. Eat lots of real, whole nutrient dense foods in low to moderate glycemic meals, drinks and snacks and avoid anything you have an intolerance for.

MemberMember
(@abg-fairy)

Posted : 02/23/2012 5:48 pm

Also this afternoon I was in the supermarket buying lemons (three cases) and the cashier asked me "What the hell are you going to do with all those lemons ?!" I mumbled something like "I put it in my tea" and fled the scene (I didnt want to go in depth in the lemon science LOL as there was a huge line behind me biggrin.gif ) Ah, the adventures of a lemonjunkie cool.gif

"....and fled the scene." haaaaa!!!!!! I love it!!! Thank you for the laugh!! hahaha I'm really glad lemons are helping you so much. That's something I've never really incorporated but should. I think many also do this with apple cider vinegar in the mornings (though I don't think it's recommended to do the vinegar on an empty stomach!).

MemberMember
(@alexisc)

Posted : 02/26/2012 1:58 am

I just saw a huge sale on lemons at the grocery store so I'm going to try this as well. If anything it is really good for your body so it should be good for the skin too! I recommend not buying the preserved lemon juice in the container though, it think it has things added to it and personally it has always given me a migraine. Do you think adding a tiny bit of fresh honey to the lemon water changes its affects? Makes it taste like amazing lemonade!

I'll update soon and let everyone know how this is working for me. Fingers crossed this helps!

MemberMember
(@christinecatyours)

Posted : 06/06/2012 5:40 pm

I am so happy that there are cures that work. I will start a diet myself.

MemberMember
(@idk111)

Posted : 03/31/2013 4:24 pm

i'm gonna add lemon water and more alkaline veggies/fruits to my diet.

:)

MemberMember
(@brandylad)

Posted : 01/08/2014 10:56 am

bump. have recently added this to my diet