Notifications
Clear all

Clear after 15 years...

MemberMember
(@snowy)

Posted : 12/08/2005 5:53 pm

Lifenacne, Your not having straight lemon juice are you? Just making sure that you do put the juice of 1/2 a lemon in a full glass of pure water.

I have never felt nauseated after drinking it. I just feel full for a while. (I drink 2 glasses)

MemberMember
(@lifenacne)

Posted : 12/09/2005 11:39 pm

Hey Snowy , well i have more lemon than water .

MemberMember
(@snowy)

Posted : 12/10/2005 2:00 am

How about diluting it a bit more then and see how you go.

MemberMember
(@stillnotgetnne)

Posted : 12/10/2005 11:24 am

Also on top of the alkelizing the body, you want to make sure you get enough fiber in your diet to move your bowels and have healthy 2-3 bowl movements a day. You want to get all the crap out of your intestines and system which can help with weight loss as well. Everything begins with a healthy intestinal track. If the intestines are not clean, the blood and organs are not clean resulting in many conditions including acne.

Sean

MemberMember
(@dentaldoc34)

Posted : 12/11/2005 8:35 pm

First of all, I want to say hi to everybody on this message board. I am new as a member, but I have visited the boards frequently the past year as a guest. By the way, sorry if my english isn't perfect, I'm from Europe.

Now this is my story. I've had acne since the age of twelve. I'm now twenty seven, so that's fifteen years of pimples. My acne has always been quit severe. I've done a couple of Accutane cycles (in Europe it's called Roaccutane), but my acne didn't totally dissapear on the meds, and it came back full strength within two weeks of ending the Accutane.

Untill I got really, really fed up with the acne and started searching the web for information. I must say I found the most valiable information on message boards like these (in fact, I think Acne.org is the best). I think I found a solution for some people. The key I think is the whole alkaline-acidic diet thing. But most people don't diet correctly. Here's what I do. I got me 100% clear, however it may take a few days/weeks/months to work. First, I noticed my skin became less oily, then I noticed less new zits popping up, and finally NO new zits forming. It also ridded me of my ugly red marks, although that took a little longer.

My diet:

Of course the basics: NO SUGAR, only natural foods: whole grain bread, vegetables, fruits, patotoes, etc. But this is nothing new, I guess. I DO eat some meat/fish at dinner, but in moderation. I dont know about diary products, I never eat them anyway. But key is NO SUGAR, ALL NATURAL (and NO ALCOHOL, smoking and coffee in moderation)

Now in order to make my body SUPERALKALINE I use the following trick:

In the morning, BEFORE BREAKFAST, I squeeze a whole lemon and mix it with water (ratio 1:1 - nice taste :D ) After drinking that, I wait half an hour to 45 minutes before I eat breakfast (during that time I shower, read the papers, whatever) so it's digested purely. I do the same thing before going to bed at night(again on an empty stomach - several hours after dinner). I read some members on this board drink it with meals, but you just will not get the same results (I tried). Somehow, it is better absorbed by the body, I dont know how. If you do this, you will experience dry, cracked lips after a few days (like on Accutane), and skin becoming less oily. Keep up and you will get results. You need to use TWO lemons a day (in the beginning I even used three)

Also I try to eat as much alkaline foods as possible during the day: cucumber, raisins, oranges etc. I never eat processed foods (it causes hormone spikes ===> acne). If I get a craving for sugar, I eat fruits, fruits, fruits.

I wanted to be sure this works before I posted, so I tried it for some time, but during that time I didn't get a single pimple. Before doing this I had severe acne. Please try it, if it works tell other people about it. And no, I am not spamming lemons :D

Keep us posted with your progress.

Does the lemon/water ratio have to be 1:1 so it's very concentrated or can you use more water?? thanks

MemberMember
(@clear-at-last)

Posted : 12/12/2005 11:00 am

More water = less effective. Drinking lemon juice without water would be best, but my stomach probably cant handle that. But lemon juice with more water is still better than no lemon juice at all, I think.

MemberMember
(@accesskb)

Posted : 12/12/2005 12:06 pm

I've never tried taking lemons before but will start today. For those who can't take lemons, drinking lots of water will definitely help. I am currently living in a city where safe clean drinking water isn't readily available so have to limit myself to the amount of water I drink. But I will admit that water therapy has worked for me in the past, apart from the trouble of drinking water throughout the day and running to the washroom ever so often. But there was a point when my skin cleared up entirely and looked so fair unlike the scarred up/red skin I used to have always. If none of the medications have worked for you, if you don't want to take the risk with accutane and if you don't mind the trouble of having to drink plenty of water all day + running to the washroom, try water therapy.

Here's the email that a friend sent to me.

Amazing! But True!!!

6 glasses of water (1 litre) - Astonishing Performance God has given us plenty and free water. Without spending on medicine, tablets, injections, diagnosis, Doctor fees, etc., just by drinking pure water, the following diseases will be cured. You can never believe before practising. Let us see the list of diseases being cured by this therapy.

Diseases cured by Drinking water

1. Headache

2. Urogenital diseases

3. Blood Pressure/Hyper Tension

4. Hyper acidity

5. Anaemia

6. Gastro-enteritis

7. Rheumatism

8. Dysentry

9. General Paralysis

10. Rectal Piodapse

11. Obesity

12. Constipation

13. Arthritis

14. Hostorthobics

15. Sinusitis

16. Diabetes

17. Tachycardia

18. Eye diseases

19. Giddiness

20. Opthelmic Haemorrhage & Opthalmia (reddish eye)

21. Cough

22. Irregular Menstruation

23. Asthma

24. Leucamia

25. Bronchitis

26. Uterine cancer

27. Pulminory Tuberculosis (T.B.)

28. Breast cancer

29. Meningitis

30. Laryngitis

31. Kidney stones

How does pure water act?

Consuming ordinary drinking water by the right method purifies human body. It renders the colon (I assume intestine?) more effective by forming new fresh blood, known in medical terms as Haematopaises. That the mucousal folds of the colon and intestines are activated by this method, is an undisputed fact, just as the theory that new fresh blood is produced by the mucousal fold.

If the colon (intestine?) is cleaned then the nutrients of the food taken several times a day will be absorbed and by the action of the mucousal folds they are turned into fresh blood. The blood is all important in curing ailments and restoring health, and for this water should be consumed in a regular pattern

How to do this water therapy?

1) Early morning after you get up from bed (without even brushing your teeth) drink 1.50 litres of water i.e., 5 ? to 6 ? glasses.

Better to premeasure 1.50 litres of water. Let us all know that our ancestors termed this therapy as "Usha Paana Chikitsa". You may wash your face thereafter.

2) Here it is very essential to note that nothing else - neither drinks nor solid food of any sort - should be taken within 1? hours before and after drinking this 1.50 litres of water.

3) It is also to be strictly observed that no Alcoholic drinks should be taken the previous night.

4) If required, boiled and filtered water may be used for this purpose. Is it possible to drink 1.50 litres of water at one time?

1) To begin with, one may find it difficult to drink 1.50 litres of water at one time, but one will get used to it gradually.

Initially, while practising you may drink four glasses first and the balance two glasses after a gap of two minutes.

Initially you may find the necessity to urinate 2 to 3 times within an hour, but it will become normal after sometime.

By research and experience, the following diseases are observed to be cured with this therapy within the indicated days as below

Constipation: 1 day

Acidity: 2 days

Diabetes: 7 days

BP & Hypertension: 4 weeks

Cancer: 4 weeks

Pulminory TB: 3 months

Note:

It is advised that persons suffering from Arthritis or Rheumatism should practise this therapy thrice a day, i.e., morning, midday and night, 1 hours before meals - for one week; and twice a day subsequently till the disease is cured.

We make an earnest request that the above method should be read and practised carefully. Please spread this message to your friends, relatives and neighbours - it is a great service to the humanity. By God's grace all should lead healthy life.

MemberMember
(@cl33rm3)

Posted : 12/12/2005 7:13 pm

i think a problem that many people have is they(we) try to emphasize cleansers and treatments OVER diet, so my question is, what is your regimen as far as cleaning/moisturizing (or lack thereof)?

MemberMember
(@lily_89)

Posted : 12/12/2005 8:07 pm

Sorry if this was already asked, but do you have any before and after pics, or at least how bad was your acne? was it mild, moderate or severe? how long did it take for you to notice improvement? thanks! :)

MemberMember
(@beekerz86)

Posted : 12/12/2005 9:14 pm

I completely agree with everything on this thread. Keeping hydrated has always benefited my skin. I was just put on a course of accutane for the first time 12 days ago (80mg) and am wondering if it safe to use the lemon juice or water thereapy while on it. I'd assume it would be as it is cleansing the body and accutane is essentially a poison. any information would be great. thanks

MemberMember
(@acnesuxlikeurmom)

Posted : 12/15/2005 5:46 pm

this really makes a lot of sense. this is kind of a tangent but I was in paris for a week about 2 months ago and since then, i have had horrible constipation, bloating, and severe acne. also, since moving to europe about 3 months ago i have had a diet consisting only of sweets and carbs (before that i was strict about not eating any sugars or non-whole wheat carbs...on weekdays anyway) so i think this set me up to have intestinal problems. so anyway i have just ordered this colon cleansing system, oxy-powder. hopefully this will get me back to having 2-4 bowel movements a day, but does anyone have experience with this???? of course, i will also be trying hard to cut out most of the sweets i eat every day. and a coworker told me about the lemon thing and i have been squeezing about half a lemon in my water eevery day.... i think it is helping but maybe i need more??"

MemberMember
(@clear-at-last)

Posted : 12/17/2005 12:05 pm

I'm sorry, I dont have pictures. When you have acne you tend to stay away from cameras, if you know what I mean. My acne was moderate at best, but most of the time it was severe. Now it's basically non-existing.

I too noticed I had more bowl movements after drinking juice. I usually drink a lot more than half a lemon. Sometimes even three or four a day, when I feel it's necesarry (when I cheated on my diet). I dont know if that is very healthy, but I havent had side effects so far (knock on wood). One or two lemons is probably better.

MemberMember
(@kidddd)

Posted : 12/17/2005 1:41 pm

lemon water works great because it keeps blood surgar normal to low and it flushes toxing from your body. Try eating salmon 3 times a week and i promice you your skin will clear up, also the day you dont eat salmon try to eat some ground flaxmeal.

MemberMember
(@hapkidoman)

Posted : 12/17/2005 6:18 pm

After reading the posts here I ran to the closest Krogers and was going to buy lemons, but they are almost a buck a piece where I live. So, I instead bought lemon juice in those little plastic quasi-lemon looking things. The tag said that it was 100% per lemon juice so I was wondering if this would work as well as a lemon. Also, how much lemon juice do you get out of one lemon? I was wondering how much of this stuff I would have to pour into a glass. Thanks a lot.

MemberMember
(@acnesuxlikeurmom)

Posted : 12/18/2005 8:21 am

I'm sorry, I dont have pictures. When you have acne you tend to stay away from cameras, if you know what I mean. My acne was moderate at best, but most of the time it was severe. Now it's basically non-existing.

I too noticed I had more bowl movements after drinking juice. I usually drink a lot more than half a lemon. Sometimes even three or four a day, when I feel it's necesarry (when I cheated on my diet). I dont know if that is very healthy, but I havent had side effects so far (knock on wood). One or two lemons is probably better.

clear after 15 years--- 2-4 bowel movements a day is how much you are supposed to be having! i've been researching a lot of stuff for my other health related problem (which is related to the acne for sure) so good for you ;)

MemberMember
(@cl33rm3)

Posted : 12/18/2005 4:36 pm

ive been taking a break from harsh products and drinking a lemon in the morning and at night for about a week now... i'm definitely starting to clear up, and my face has been very very dry requiring loads of moisturizer... obviously the lemons are having an accutane-like affect on me because washing with just water sure as hell never made my face even the smallest bit dry (plus i've noticed some of the same little idiosyncracies i had while on accutane). i expect my skin's moisture level to balance out within another week or so, and since im coming home from college in a few days that expensive salmon bill might be able to be pinned on the parents ;P

MemberMember
(@marz)

Posted : 12/18/2005 9:17 pm

hey, clear at last

i was wondering how long did it take for you to clear up your acne with your lemon : water drink and healthy diet ? cheers !

MemberMember
(@heymikey)

Posted : 12/19/2005 5:54 pm

Hey Clear, so where is the result of your pH acidity test?

MemberMember
(@peppermint)

Posted : 12/25/2005 10:09 am

I just wanted to let you know that I started Clear's diet on Monday. I avoid sugar, drink lemon water in the am and pm, and avoid acidic foods. In addition, I take numerous vitamins and minerals, and I follow a careful skincare regime. My acne on my face and neck is almost completely gone. Monday and Tuesday I was terribly depressed about seeing my family for Christmas because my face hurt and looked so bad. This dietary change was absolutely wonderful for me, and I'm sure the vitamins have not hurt. Clear, thanks for your post! Good luck to everyone else out there. I hope this diet can work for you too!

MemberMember
(@drea)

Posted : 12/25/2005 11:00 pm

whoooooo.... lemon juice has KICK!!!!!! so has anyone tried the plastic lemon presqueezed lemon juice what is the difference? I'm trying this, too bad lemons are expensive in my town but worth the price ive paid at other soultions that went nowhere..

MemberMember
(@pandaboy)

Posted : 12/30/2005 8:15 am

So would adding honey to the lemon/water drink reduce it's effectiveness??? If so many people are finding it hard to drink, then why not sweeten it naturally using a bit of honey?? Would this be ok?

MemberMember
(@pika)

Posted : 12/31/2005 8:27 pm

First of all, I want to say hi to everybody on this message board. I am new as a member, but I have visited the boards frequently the past year as a guest. By the way, sorry if my english isn't perfect, I'm from Europe.

Now this is my story. I've had acne since the age of twelve. I'm now twenty seven, so that's fifteen years of pimples. My acne has always been quit severe. I've done a couple of Accutane cycles (in Europe it's called Roaccutane), but my acne didn't totally dissapear on the meds, and it came back full strength within two weeks of ending the Accutane.

Untill I got really, really fed up with the acne and started searching the web for information. I must say I found the most valiable information on message boards like these (in fact, I think Acne.org is the best). I think I found a solution for some people. The key I think is the whole alkaline-acidic diet thing. But most people don't diet correctly. Here's what I do. I got me 100% clear, however it may take a few days/weeks/months to work. First, I noticed my skin became less oily, then I noticed less new zits popping up, and finally NO new zits forming. It also ridded me of my ugly red marks, although that took a little longer.

My diet:

Of course the basics: NO SUGAR, only natural foods: whole grain bread, vegetables, fruits, patotoes, etc. But this is nothing new, I guess. I DO eat some meat/fish at dinner, but in moderation. I dont know about diary products, I never eat them anyway. But key is NO SUGAR, ALL NATURAL (and NO ALCOHOL, smoking and coffee in moderation)

In the morning, BEFORE BREAKFAST, I squeeze a whole lemon and mix it with water (ratio 1:1 - nice taste :D ) After drinking that, I wait half an hour to 45 minutes before I eat breakfast (during that time I shower, read the papers, whatever) so it's digested purely. I do the same thing before going to bed at night(again on an empty stomach - several hours after dinner). I read some members on this board drink it with meals, but you just will not get the same results (I tried). Somehow, it is better absorbed by the body, I dont know how. If you do this, you will experience dry, cracked lips after a few days (like on Accutane), and skin becoming less oily. Keep up and you will get results. You need to use TWO lemons a day (in the beginning I even used three)

Also I try to eat as much alkaline foods as possible during the day: cucumber, raisins, oranges etc. I never eat processed foods (it causes hormone spikes ===> acne). If I get a craving for sugar, I eat fruits, fruits, fruits.

I wanted to be sure this works before I posted, so I tried it for some time, but during that time I didn't get a single pimple. Before doing this I had severe acne. Please try it, if it works tell other people about it. And no, I am not spamming lemons :D

Great post. When you have an alkaline body, you will rarely get sick or have an illness. You're post pretty much agrees with mine:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=78369

Again, good info.

MemberMember
(@markedred)

Posted : 01/01/2006 4:52 pm

I'm SOO happy for you!! I have began growing my own wheatgrass and barley grass because they are really alkalining so I can't wait to get to when they are fully grown and I can make wheatgrass jiuce from it - highly alkalizing.

Can anyone tell me if drinking straight chloropyhll is alkalizing??

My diet:

MemberMember
(@misty80)

Posted : 01/17/2006 12:47 am

My diet:

im going to give this a try ;) sugar is so hard to avoid tho...its in yoghurt/soymilk/crackers/everything!!

MemberMember
(@scarssux)

Posted : 01/17/2006 10:20 am

I did try it. But i did it before reading this but it really works, okay u still can get acne but its not like it will be like one acne every month or so and it wont be so big. Also ur life style affects ur acne, cause i usually train alot before ill sleep and be somewhat sweaty even after shower :(