Notifications
Clear all

HELP! Diet, Supplements and Exercise not working.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/14/2015 4:47 pm

I got a vitamin cocktail prescription today called Nicadan. Anyone heard of it? Apparently, the supplement dosages are the right amount for a therapeutic effect, so I figured why not see what it's about. Niacinamide is the main ingredient, which has been anecdotally proven to help a lot with acne. Incidentally, I had taken all these supplements on their own before (except alpha lipoic acid), but I'm interested in seeing if this particular mix will be effective, especially since it's recommended by integrative doctors who are receptive to supplement therapy rather than just the usual drugs.

MemberMember
(@ruby14)

Posted : 11/07/2015 7:56 am

I tried two weeks of no nightshades and then two weeks of no eggs. Neither have had any effect, unfortunately. I guess I will try onions and garlic next. I also started taking borage oil, but that hasn't helped. This is incredibly frustrating as I seem to be doing all the "right things" and nothing improves. Any other suggestions?

MemberMember
(@user465288)

Posted : 11/07/2015 11:35 am

Any other suggestions?

Read my posts.

MemberMember
(@user465288)

Posted : 11/08/2015 2:47 am

Diet, exercise, and supplements have no effect on acne.

That is why they're not working.

The difference between you and me Lucas is that I have science and the American Academy of Dermatologyto back up my claims, and you have.. Nothing.

MemberMember
(@convinceme)

Posted : 11/08/2015 10:24 pm

The difference between you and me Lucas is that I have science and the American Academy of Dermatologyto back up my claims, and you have.. Nothing.

The difference between you and Lucas is that your 'pillar of support' is itself part of a circus that's sending acne sufferers on a wild goose chase. Acne is a multi-billion dollar industry and a direct, immediate cure would spell financial disaster for the stakeholders. They're going to give it a little to you at a time then take back some later. They'll give fuzzy information on what is, what isn't, what could be and what couldn't be, just to make you giddy. The spots on your face are worth a few billion dollars, not to you but to them. Now let that sink in.

MemberMember
(@user465288)

Posted : 11/09/2015 6:44 am

The difference between you and Lucas is that your 'pillar of support' is itself part of a circus that's sending acne sufferers on a wild goose chase. Acne is a multi-billion dollar industry and a direct, immediate cure would spell financial disaster for the stakeholders. They're going to give it a little to you at a time then take back some later. They'll give fuzzy information on what is, what isn't, what could be and what couldn't be, just to make you giddy. The spots on your face are worth a few billion dollars, not to you but to them. Now let that sink in.

Well I know acne is abillion dollar industryI also know how to look for declared fundings and impartialityinthe research and journals I read.

MemberMember
(@convinceme)

Posted : 11/11/2015 8:50 pm

Well I know acne is abillion dollar industryI also know how to look for declared fundings and impartialityinthe research and journals I read.

Case closed.