Notifications
Clear all

Citrus VS Citric Acid?

MemberMember
(@baze15)

Posted : 10/05/2015 7:18 pm

I am starting to wonder if citrus fruits have any affect on my acne. After I had some OJ, I woke up the next day with a pimple.

Is there a difference between citrus and citric acid for acne? I found a chart of foods with the highest citric acid, but haven't found any with the highest citrus content. Does anyone have a chart for this?

One fruit I am wondering about is raspberry. It has a pretty high citric acid content, but is not a citrus fruit.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 10/05/2015 9:07 pm

Yes. Any foods can cause acne if you have food sensitivities. Like Cabbage, grapes, northern beans, etc gave me acne. But i can eat pinto beans, kidney beans, carrots, and sweet potatoes all day with no acne.

MemberMember
(@baze15)

Posted : 10/05/2015 9:44 pm

Yes, I know any foods can cause sensitivities. I had a mrt food test done :)

I am wondering about the difference between citric acid and citrus. Specifically, people that have problems with citrus...if they also have problems with citric acid.

MemberMember
(@baxtermcdoobinson)

Posted : 10/06/2015 6:52 pm

:) You are over complicating the thought.  Citric acid is found in citrus fruits.  Citrus at the epitome of it's meaning is a term for a specific genus associated with taxonomy.  It's rather intricate and meticulous in explaining the differentiation of distinguished genus in taxonomy.  I provided a PDF in case you are up to the challenge.

In the studies revolving around cellular metabolism, citrate is the result of citric acid losing a proton during a chemical reaction.  Citrate is involved in the cellular metabolic reaction known as Citric Acid Cycle (TCA) or to old people the Kreb's Cycle.

1-s2.0-S1439609204700537-main.pdf

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 10/07/2015 10:25 am

The reaction isn't necessarily due to the citric acid. There are other compounds that can be allergens/toxins. Some citrus oils are used as pesticides after all. Especially orange. I've written info about this somewhere in one of my threads. I don't memorize the details.

And yes, I get cysts/nodules the day after I consume citrus. And different fruits cause the cysts in different places. I.e tangerine/satsuma = cysts at temple/eye area, oranges = jaw & neck. Although I can get them anywhere, they just mostly follow that pattern.

If you routinely break out just or mostly in one area that could be a clue it's a food intolerance. Also, I suspect that cysts & nodules tend to be a food intolerance.

baze15 liked
MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 10/07/2015 5:07 pm

The reaction isn't necessarily due to the citric acid. There are other compounds that can be allergens/toxins. Some citrus oils are used as pesticides after all. Especially orange. I've written info about this somewhere in one of my threads. I don't memorize the details.

And yes, I get cysts/nodules the day after I consume citrus. And different fruits cause the cysts in different places. I.e tangerine/satsuma = cysts at temple/eye area, oranges = jaw & neck. Although I can get them anywhere, they just mostly follow that pattern.

If you routinely break out just or mostly in one area that could be a clue it's a food intolerance. Also, I suspect that cysts & nodules tend to be a food intolerance.

I've just noticed something similar your simptoms. I took a break of like a week from oranges, ate one yesterday, got 2 cysts on the jaw. Ate some fish with some lemon juice, got a little cyston the jaw and a few pimples on the temple and higher. I also remember feeling my chin pimples "inflamed" or itchy sometimes after eating fish with lemon juice. Are the food intolerances/allergies tests the same as the food sensitivities tests?

p.s. also had some kiwi

MemberMember
(@baze15)

Posted : 10/12/2015 12:05 am

Alternivista, what makes certain foods make you only break out in certain areas? I usually break out in forehead, temples, and jaw

I've just noticed something similar your simptoms. I took a break of like a week from oranges, ate one yesterday, got 2 cysts on the jaw. Ate some fish with some lemon juice, got a little cyston the jaw and a few pimples on the temple and higher. I also remember feeling my chin pimples "inflamed" or itchy sometimes after eating fish with lemon juice. Are the food intolerances/allergies tests the same as the food sensitivities tests?

p.s. also had some kiwi

I took the mrt food sensitivity test. It's essentially the same thing as intolerance. It tests for 150 ffoods and additives

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 10/12/2015 11:01 am

I took the mrt food sensitivity test. It's essentially the same thing as intolerance. It tests for 150 ffoods and additives

thanks, I'll look into it

MemberMember
(@baze15)

Posted : 10/26/2015 3:33 pm

Alternavista,

I was wondering if you eat gluten or limit gluten as part of your diet?