Notifications
Clear all

How Else Can I Improve My Diet? Running Out Of Ideas

MemberMember
(@brianw1)

Posted : 12/16/2013 1:49 pm

Hey all,

I am a newcomer to this site and have been changing my diet in the hoping of getting rid my mild-moderate acne.

I'm a 20 year old male with acne for the past 6 years, my skin is also kind of oily and can get dry, especially around spots that are clearing up. The problem areas are focused around my chin and the area below my lips, aswel as my nose. I really, REALLY have had enough, I've made all the changes necessary to achieve clear skin, but it has yet to work.

My Diet:

Dairy - Havn't consumed any in a year

Grains - Cut them out 2 months ago

Sugars/Oils/Bad Fats - Cut out 2 months ago

9am - Wake up

10am - Cup of green tea and 2 peeled carrots

1pm - Tinned fish i.e. tuna/salmon/sardines with a mixture of veg, stirfried in a little olive oil

3pm - Green/liquorice tea and a carrot

5pm - Chicken/Fish with vegetables

7pm - Raw celery/carrots with humous

9pm - Green/licquorice tea

Water throughout the day - 2 litres ~

Supplements:

Multivitamin x1

Zinc x2

Routine:

Splash of water on the face after waking up

Around 1 pm, apply an olive oil with tea tree mix, and dab it off with a warm face cloth

Possibly repeat above step around 9pm, depending on how gross my face feels

Before bed, exfoliator, moisturiser and a dab of BP or diluted tea tree oil

Results:

There has been a slight improvement on how many spots I've been getting, they're coming out at a slower rate, but I've noticed that they take so long to heal. My skin also seems to be more inflamed than normal, and quite red, especially around my nose and chin, and even a slight patch on my forehead.

From what I've read throughout this site, this seems to be a really good diet to achieve clear skin, can anybody help me out on things I should add in/remove? I have tried taking fish oil, but I'm convinced it breaks me out, as do nuts and eggs. It also seems that since starting this diet, food that probably wouldn't have broken me out that much is now giving me a really bad breakout. For example, I cheated about a week ago and ate two chocolate sweets, and had 4 painful bumps on my chin about 24 hours later, they still havn't healed that much and are quite visible. That would have resulted in 1-2 smaller spots before this diet, weird?

Please help me eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@sdr-wellnesscoach)

Posted : 12/16/2013 5:17 pm

I recommend IgG4 food allergy panels for you. If your caucasian, they will tell if you're still consuming gluten/dairy. If your non-caucasian then try eliminating soy, either way the allergy panels would be highly useful. Because of the FDA, there is no regulations for food sensitivity warning labeling (ex. Certified gluten free food contains gluten).

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 12/16/2013 6:27 pm

One recent study shows green tea increasing DHT by 194% and testosterone by 74%.

This applies to not only green tea, but most traditional teas with caffeine content, or other caffeinated beverages such as coffee.

If you've read anything about the relationship between DHT/testosterone and acne, this is a pretty big deal.

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 12/16/2013 7:08 pm

1. sqeeze a bit of lemon in every water you drink (recomended by a doctor; it's probabl the most powerful tool in my arsenal)

2. ditch the chicken, or at least investigate if it's hormone injected, and replace it with beef

3. eat some cruciferous: cabagge/cauliflower almost daily. spinach maybe.. and green leafs. also grapes are good

4. avoid eggplant, alcohol. also potatoes are not that great (they leave acid waist)

5. don't eat/drink anything hot/cold

6. eat more in the morning (also take medicine plants 30/10min before eating. whatever you use ex: pumpkin seeds/cabbage/tea/flaxseeds/whaterver ur testing atm)

7. eat more "heavy" legumes like beans or peas or whatever grows in your climate and has some (vegetable) protein. buckweat is the greatest for me, but there are many.

8. also investigate if the fish is wild or grown/fed with ~hormones

9. diversify

10. it would be great to have 2stools/day, but with much meat consumption i doubt it

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 12/16/2013 8:26 pm

Avoid foods that can trigger histamines and/or are high histamine releasers, such as tomatoes, yeast, colorings, processed foods, soy sauce.

If you can afford it, you can get your blood drawn to check for IgE and IgG reactions. Usually, if your body produces a larger number of antibodies than normal, it means that it is "reactive." In that case, it's more about healing your gut than actual food allergies....you may not even be allergic/ sensitive to anything, you might just have digestive issues. Have you tried taking digestive enzymes with every meal?

Also, sweet potatoes have helped me a lot when I was looking malnourished. Very low allergenic potential, and high in nutrients.

Balancing your skin's PH is also essential. Avoid sulfates and salycylates, and find a gentle balancing cleanser that you can use twice a day. Tea tree can be irritating if you use it every day. I usually save tea tree for emergency situations.

Cut out the liquorice tea too....the safest teas to consume are roiboos and oolong, in my opinion. If the hummous you eat has tahini in it, avoid that too. It's best to make your own hummous with chick peas at home.

Also, avoid anything canned. Canned foods contain preservatives that raise histamines in the body.

MemberMember
(@brianw1)

Posted : 12/17/2013 6:39 am

Thanks everyone for the replies,

I'm definitely going to read into your suggestions. I was completely unaware about green tea raising testosterone levels, would a decaffinated version of the tea be any better? A blood test is also something I'm thinking of doing soon, hopefully that will give me some results on what to avoid.

WishClean, I have actually been reading lately about how digestion problems can cause a myriad of skin issues, particularly an overgrowth of Candida in the gut. I did the spit in the glass home test that people were recommended and indeed could see the stringy residue left in the glass. I know this isn't the best test, but it could be an indication of digestive issues. I'm going to restart this diet for a week and then slowly start taking probiotic supplements. I also ordered caprylic acid capsules last night, and am going to start taking coconut oil and cider vinegar to see if that helps

Are all tinned foods out of the question? I am a student so my budget is pretty limited, regular tinned salmon costs 2, while the John West wild tinned salmon is around 3.50! What about tinned chickpeas?

Thanks everyone

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/17/2013 9:41 am

I'm definitely going to read into your suggestions. I was completely unaware about green tea raising testosterone levels, would a decaffinated version of the tea be any better? A blood test is also something I'm thinking of doing soon, hopefully that will give me some results on what to avoid.

WishClean, I have actually been reading lately about how digestion problems can cause a myriad of skin issues, particularly an overgrowth of Candida in the gut. I did the spit in the glass home test that people were recommended and indeed could see the stringy residue left in the glass. I know this isn't the best test, but it could be an indication of digestive issues. I'm going to restart this diet for a week and then slowly start taking probiotic supplements. I also ordered caprylic acid capsules last night, and am going to start taking coconut oil and cider vinegar to see if that helps

Are all tinned foods out of the question? I am a student so my budget is pretty limited, regular tinned salmon costs 2, while the John West wild tinned salmon is around 3.50! What about tinned chickpeas?

Thanks everyone

No all tinned foods aren't out of the question. But it's best that your acidic fruits and vegetables not be in tins. And ideally veggies should be fresh or frozen. And you should avoid prepared foods Tinned or otherwise. If you have a way to do it, it would be better & cheaper to soak & cook dry beans yourself.

What about herring & mackerel. Also good fatty fish. And trout. Kippers are herring I think. Tuna isn't really a great source of omega 3s.

What vegetables are you eating?

And for how long have you been eating tis way?

Also, I recommend you switch to safflower oil for topical use, but only if you can get a good quality. Like most seed oils, its high in PUFAs which are prone to going rancid. But one f hose PUFAs, linoleic acid, is a major component of normal sebum and problem prone skin has Ben found to be deficient in it.

And yeah, green tea has substances that inhibit DHT and substances that increase it. It seems to affect people differently. As for the caffeine, which does break some people out, have you increased your consumption?

Avoid foods that can trigger histamines and/or are high histamine releasers, such as tomatoes, yeast, colorings, processed foods, soy sauce.

If you can afford it, you can get your blood drawn to check for IgE and IgG reactions. Usually, if your body produces a larger number of antibodies than normal, it means that it is "reactive." In that case, it's more about healing your gut than actual food allergies....you may not even be allergic/ sensitive to anything, you might just have digestive issues. Have you tried taking digestive enzymes with every meal?

Also, sweet potatoes have helped me a lot when I was looking malnourished. Very low allergenic potential, and high in nutrients.

Balancing your skin's PH is also essential. Avoid sulfates and salycylates, and find a gentle balancing cleanser that you can use twice a day. Tea tree can be irritating if you use it every day. I usually save tea tree for emergency situations.

Cut out the liquorice tea too....the safest teas to consume are roiboos and oolong, in my opinion. If the hummous you eat has tahini in it, avoid that too. It's best to make your own hummous with chick peas at home.

Also, avoid anything canned. Canned foods contain preservatives that raise histamines in the body.

Why do you say that about the licorice tea? And the two you say are safe? Is that about histamine? Licorice is definitely beneficial topically & I'm pretty sure orally as well. Anti androgen. Why not chamomile? Nettle? Hibiscus? Mint?

Ad for the preservatives in canned food, are you referring to something not on the label? Or things hidden under 'natural flavorings' and the like? Because in general, you shouldn't much that requires an ingredient list longer than one or two i.e. the main ingredient & salt, and don't eat anything with an ingredient list doesn't consist entirely of food.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 12/19/2013 2:23 am

brianw1, I have a histamine problem, so taking digestive enzymes (enzymedica's digest spectrum - the most basic supplement) has helped me a lot. I can even ease up on the diet every now and then with these. To test for candida, also check your stools...if there is a mucus-like substance (kind of like thick spit) or a cloudy liquid, it could be a sign of digestive issues and/or candida. I know it's gross to inspect your sh*t, but you can get some indication of what is being expelled from your body and what kind of toxins you could be pushing out. I would recommend adding digestive enzymes first, then acidophilus probiotics...don't take multi-strand probiotics first because some strands might cause breakouts. If you are doing fine on acidophilus, then you can branch out into multi-strands. And take a low dose for a few weeks ( a few million, not billions) otherwise you might get an unwanted purging reaction.

Personally, coconut oil and apple cider vinegar made my skin worse. Start with diet changes and only 1-2 supplements first. Don't buy into all those extreme anti-candida protocols....an abrupt candida die off can wreck havok on your skin. I improved my digestion very gradually... I don't think you need the caprylic acid right now. A lot of preservatives are usually found in canned foods. It's better to buy frozen fish or even better fresh fish and meat. I used to eat a lot of canned tuna because it was cheap, but then I found out I had a histamine issue and I quit eating anything canned. If histamines are not your problem, you might be fine. Check the label for colorings, preservatives (e.g. sodium benzoate, benzoic acid etc), yeast, and sulfates. As for green tea, I believe it's way overhyped. If you need a bit of caffeine, try oolong. For decaf teas, I drink roiboos and sometimes ginger.

Thanks everyone

MemberMember
(@brianw1)

Posted : 12/19/2013 8:28 am

Yes well the only tinned food I'm eating is tinned fish, and it's one tin per day usually with no adverse reaction that I can see. I've cut out the tea and revamped my diet since starting this thread. I've started using a smoothie machine to make 2-3 vegtable smoothies a day, mostly consisting of kale, celery, cucumber and some coconut oil. I have to say I feel better already and have not had any major breakouts for the past 3 days. I'm going to keep this going for the next 2-3 weeks before starting to add in more foods like eggs to test for a reaction. I've also started to take a saw palmetto pill daily, let's see if this works!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/19/2013 8:56 am

Yes well the only tinned food I'm eating is tinned fish, and it's one tin per day usually with no adverse reaction that I can see. I've cut out the tea and revamped my diet since starting this thread. I've started using a smoothie machine to make 2-3 vegtable smoothies a day, mostly consisting of kale, celery, cucumber and some coconut oil. I have to say I feel better already and have not had any major breakouts for the past 3 days. I'm going to keep this going for the next 2-3 weeks before starting to add in more foods like eggs to test for a reaction. I've also started to take a saw palmetto pill daily, let's see if this works!

I think that sound fine as long as you are getting enough calories.

Are you in England? What about vitamin D?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/19/2013 9:57 am

lso, there are concerns about the quality of the tin as well....PABAs or something like that, I don't remember now.

I'm wondering also if men would benefit at all from inositol....it's helping me so much with sugar control, pcos, acne, unwanted hair....I'm curious if men could benefit from it too. It lowers testosterone and boosts progesterone, and can regulate blood sugar.

It's the BPA in the plastic lining of the can. Which is why you don't want any acidic foods from cans. The Op is talking about fish & beans. They mostly only have water & salt plus the fish or beans in the ingredient list.

And yeah, inositol is good for everyone. It's in Buckwheat, a high protein, low anti-nutrient grain-like seed from the spinach family. Start your day right.

MemberMember
(@nicklo62)

Posted : 12/19/2013 6:28 pm

You should eat whatever you want, diet doesn't cause acne, and contrary to what people on here say, there is no proof to the diet/acne relationships. If you read and followed every post on here about diet/holistic treatments, you would have to live in a bubble, never touch your skin, eat nothing at all, and never have an orgasm. You get acne because of shit genetics, not diet. Another myth I am tired of reading about is that if you over wash your skin, it will produce more sebum. These board are unfortunately filled with misinformation. Try to eat healthy anyways, because diet can cause other health problems, but you don't have to be so anal about it, especially since it will not affect your acne.

MemberMember
(@brianw1)

Posted : 12/19/2013 7:20 pm

You should eat whatever you want, diet doesn't cause acne, and contrary to what people on here say, there is no proof to the diet/acne relationships. If you read and followed every post on here about diet/holistic treatments, you would have to live in a bubble, never touch your skin, eat nothing at all, and never have an orgasm. You get acne because of shit genetics, not diet. Another myth I am tired of reading about is that if you over wash your skin, it will produce more sebum. These board are unfortunately filled with misinformation. Try to eat healthy anyways, because diet can cause other health problems, but you don't have to be so anal about it, especially since it will not affect your acne.

Hmm interesting... I don't see how I was being "anal" about it, I was looking for advice is all. Anyway I agree with your post in the way that food does not directly cause my acne, but it definitely does affect it indirectly through insulin, blood sugar spikes etc. I find it annoying reading posts like this, if what you say was true, I would pig into pizzas and chocolate in an instant. After 6 years of dealing with acne, there is no way it is caused by just "shit genetics".

I think that sound fine as long as you are getting enough calories.

Are you in England? What about vitamin D?

No I'm in Ireland! Yes about vitamin D I'm going to try taking a fish oil, maybe cod liver or krill, whichever is cheaper :P I seem to be having success so far, it's been 2 days on lots of veg smoothies, eggs and salmon, with only one mild breakout so far. Old spots seem to take forever to heal so it's hard to notice any major improvements, thanks for the advice I appreciate it.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/19/2013 8:04 pm

There is proof that diet affects acne in numerous studies and it does so in many, many ways. It isn't possible for it not to, just like with diabetes, heart disease etc. And just like with those genetics only mean you are more prone to developing a condition. Not that you will get it and not that there's nothing you can do to prevent it.

Also, if you are not here to discuss nutrition and the holistic approach here, then you are a troll. Keep it up and you could get banned.

MemberMember
(@sdr-wellnesscoach)

Posted : 12/19/2013 8:39 pm

Your kind of right. Diet doesn't cause acne. It's your immune systems response to your diet or other things your immune system finds toxic that come in contact with your body that does.

MemberMember
(@nicklo62)

Posted : 12/19/2013 8:49 pm

There is proof that diet affects acne in numerous studies and it does so in many, many ways. It isn't possible for it not to, just like with diabetes, heart disease etc. And just like with those genetics only mean you are more prone to developing a condition. Not that you will get it and not that there's nothing you can do to prevent it.

Also, if you are not here to discuss nutrition and the holistic approach here, then you are a troll. Keep it up and you could get banned.

I don't care if I get banned, i am allowed to express my opinions on here (or maybe not), and I am not fearful of topic board nazis that want to sensor me. Just because I refuse to jump on your band wagon, and believe a piece of bread is the reason I broke out with 10 pimples, doesn't not make me a troll. There is NO hardcore evidence diet causes acne.

MemberMember
(@sdr-wellnesscoach)

Posted : 12/19/2013 9:09 pm

I'm confused. Your in the diet and holistic section telling a few of us that have eliminated their acne by changing their diet that diet is not a possibility? Until you find your allergen and remove it you will suffer with acne. Sorry to say but it is most likely your diet (at least your immune systems response to it anyway).

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/20/2013 8:32 am

I don't care if I get banned, i am allowed to express my opinions on here (or maybe not), and I am not fearful of topic board nazis that want to sensor me. Just because I refuse to jump on your band wagon, and believe a piece of bread is the reason I broke out with 10 pimples, doesn't not make me a troll. There is NO hardcore evidence diet causes acne.

You can believe what you want, but this board is here for people that want to learn the facts. Your posts here are trolling.

I'm confused. Your in the diet and holistic section telling a few of us that have eliminated their acne by changing their diet that diet is not a possibility? Until you find your allergen and remove it you will suffer with acne. Sorry to say but it is most likely your diet (at least your immune systems response to it anyway).

Allergic responses are just one of many ways that diet affects acne.

MemberMember
(@sustakp)

Posted : 12/20/2013 1:41 pm

You can believe what you want, but this board is here for people that want to learn the facts. Your posts here are trolling.

>I'm confused. Your in the diet and holistic section telling a few of us that have eliminated their acne by changing their diet that diet is not a possibility? Until you find your allergen and remove it you will suffer with acne. Sorry to say but it is most likely your diet (at least your immune systems response to it anyway).

Allergic responses are just one of many ways that diet affects acne.

Hi,

Just a suggestion look into intolerances. I broke out a lot along my chin when I switched to green tea. Many herbal teas, barring chamomile and ginger break me out in the same place. I dont know if I was getting a high quality brand or not.

I surprisinlgy dont break out with a cup of blaCk tea every now and then.

Also citrus was a big trigger for me, so lemon water throught the day though very healathy was not the best idea for me.

Try to eliminate one thing at a time and see what works for you.

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 12/20/2013 1:49 pm

food never seems to be affecting my acne.

food affects acne only for some people who just happens to be lucky enough to have thier acne induced from food allergy or food related issue.

poor unlucky bastards like me who really have shitty skin genes will be prone to acne no matter what they do.

MemberMember
(@nicklo62)

Posted : 12/20/2013 5:21 pm

Thank you, every one is different. Maybe if you are allergic to something, it could cause a skin reaction, however a lot of people aren't. I'm 34, and tried every diet known, blood tests, food allergy tests, and I still had severe acne/bacne. I went from a healthy 5'10", 170 lbs to 130 lbs during this time. Obviously diet has no affect on my acne. I tried paleo, vegetarianism, gluten free, raw foods, eating like a diabetic, etc.

Furthermore, people on this board who don't like to have their BELIEFS questioned, are immature. If people didn't question others beliefs, the world might still be viewed as being flat. It is really sad that an above poster threatened me with banishment from these boards, all because I said diet is not the cause of acne.

Alternavista, I would really like to know what scientific studies you have conducted on the diet/acne correlation? And if you do know the supposed cause of acne, why aren't you out making millions of dollars curing people's acne?

MemberMember
(@francis86)

Posted : 12/20/2013 6:09 pm

Hey Brian,

It's good to see you're giving it a go, and I hope it all works out for you mate. I'm doing a similar thing too, and hoping that i have some results as well. I think when something takes so long to see results we start to question it, and I for one have done that many times. I have been struggling with acne since i was quite young, but only through the last few years have I actually been quite clear for the most part. During that time I had not a worry in the world, I loved life, most of all I was happy, I wasn't worried to go out and be seen, I was active in my lifestyle and just got on with life. Diet was not something I gave a second thought to, of course I knew how to eat healthy (thanks to my parents) but i didn't worry if this or that food would break me out. I come from an italian family, so consuming crazy amounts of carbohydrates such as pasta and rice was quite common. In fact, that's the food that makes me ultimately happy to eat. I can't say that enough. I understand that diet can play a role with some people, but sometimes there can be the most important part of this whole puzzle that we are missing. I firmly believe it's the happiness within ourselves and loving ourselves as we are. Earlier this year I had a close family member who passed away, that was a very stressful time for me...ever since that time, i have not been the same person and no where near as happy. I didn't have the same perspective on life and that's when my skin reflected how i was feeling. I have never had such severe acne before, and i feel like I am in a place of no return. I don't know how to get back to the way i was. I am also a flight attendant, and scared to go to work to be seen, because i know how much they can judge me about this.

My point being, keep up your good diet, but just make sure other things in your life are in order too...be happy with yourself, try not worry too much and just do the right things.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/20/2013 6:36 pm

food affects acne only for some people who just happens to be lucky enough to have thier acne induced from food allergy or food related issue.

poor unlucky bastards like me who really have shitty skin genes will be prone to acne no matter what they do.

We all have 'shitty skin genes.' Food intolerance is only one way diet affects acne.. And I had no idea that diet affected my other acne & grotesquely oily skin. Until I changed it and my skin cleared within a couple of months.

And I changed my diet due to post after reading post from Atkins dieters who claimed the diet cleared their skin. At first I argued with them,. Both because I had been told for decades by doctors that diet had nothing to do with acne, and because I hated the idea of the Atkins low carb diet. Then, after my husband developed type II diabetes, I looked into it, discovered the harmful post prandial affects of high glycemic & other pro-inflammatory foods and just got that we can't be eating all this crap. We need to eat real whole nutrient dense food. I began,, just began, improving my diet starting with quitting all sugary drinks, and in less than 2 months, my skin cleared for the first time in decades. Then I did more research and discovered the many factors involved in acne formation. And that diet affects just about every one of them.

Thank you, every one is different. Maybe if you are allergic to something, it could cause a skin reaction, however a lot of people aren't. I'm 34, and tried every diet known, blood tests, food allergy tests, and I still had severe acne/bacne. I went from a healthy 5'10", 170 lbs to 130 lbs during this time. Obviously diet has no affect on my acne. I tried paleo, vegetarianism, gluten free, raw foods, eating like a diabetic, etc.

Furthermore, people on this board who don't like to have their BELIEFS questioned, are immature. If people didn't question others beliefs, the world might still be viewed as being flat. It is really sad that an above poster threatened me with banishment from these boards, all because I said diet is not the cause of acne.

Alternavista, I would really like to know what scientific studies you have conducted on the diet/acne correlation? And if you do know the supposed cause of acne, why aren't you out making millions of dollars curing people's acne?

Universities, hospitals & other researhers do the research. I just read them. There used to be a thread filled with links to the studies right there at the top of the board but was removed by moderators when the reorganized the whole forum. You can still find it by clicking on the Good Things thread, again right there in front of you at the top of the page. It also is filled with links to research. And threads full of members discussion research and experiences. That is what this forum is for.

And again, food intolerances is only one of many ways that diet affects acne. There are many factors that lead to acne formation and diet/nutrients affect just about all of them. Probably all of them as your genes are not set. They are switched on and off by the things you do to yourself.

If you lost that kind of weight in your diet attempts, you couldn't have been truly eating well. Besides, there are other lifestyle factors as well such as stress & sleep. Of course diet affects your ability to manage stress & sleep. And as for allergy tests, you have to get tests that look for the delayed-response reactions such as IgG antibodies. The average doctor & allergy test is only going to look for the immediate response IgE mediated reactions.

And, I am not talking about beliefs. I am talking about facts. And you said 'there is no proof to the diet/acne relationships.' Which is not the case. I also did not threaten you with banishment. I have no power to do so. I was merely warning you that trollers often get banished if they keep it up.

Everyone is different. But everyone's body has to deal with the crap that person does to it. Everyone;'s body needs nutrients to function. Everyone's body works basically the same way only with slightly different 'decisions' on what to do with the few resources people give it these days with the poor diets & lifestyles.

Also, you should always eat like you are a diabetic. Always.

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 12/20/2013 7:06 pm

We all have 'shitty skin genes.' Food intolerance is only one way diet affects acne.. And I had no idea that diet affected my other acne & grotesquely oily skin. Until I changed it and my skin cleared within a couple of months.

And I changed my diet due to post after reading post from Atkins dieters who claimed the diet cleared their skin. At first I argued with them,. Both because I had been told for decades by doctors that diet had nothing to do with acne, and because I hated the idea of the Atkins low carb diet. Then, after my husband developed type II diabetes, I looked into it, discovered the harmful post prandial affects of high glycemic & other pro-inflammatory foods and just got that we can't be eating all this crap. We need to eat real whole nutrient dense food. I began,, just began, improving my diet starting with quitting all sugary drinks, and in less than 2 months, my skin cleared for the first time in decades. Then I did more research and discovered the many factors involved in acne formation. And that diet affects just about every one of them.

>Thank you, every one is different. Maybe if you are allergic to something, it could cause a skin reaction, however a lot of people aren't. I'm 34, and tried every diet known, blood tests, food allergy tests, and I still had severe acne/bacne. I went from a healthy 5'10", 170 lbs to 130 lbs during this time. Obviously diet has no affect on my acne. I tried paleo, vegetarianism, gluten free, raw foods, eating like a diabetic, etc.

Universities & hospitals do the studies. I just read them. There used to be a thread filled with links to the studies right there at the top of the board but was removed by moderators when the reorganized the whole forum. You can still find it by clicking on the Good Things thread, again right there in front of you at the top of the page. It also is filled with links to research. And threads full of members discussion research and experiences. That is what this forum is for.

And again, food intolerances is only one of many ways that diet affects acne. There are many factors that lead to acne formation and diet/nutrients affect just about all of them. Probably all of them as your genes are not set. They are switched on and off by the things you do to yourself.

If you lost that kind of weight in your diet attempts, you couldn't have been truly eating well. Besides, there are other lifestyle factors as well such as stress & sleep. Of course diet affects your ability to manage stress & sleep. And as for allergy tests, you have to get tests that look for the delayed-response reactions such as IgG antibodies. The average doctor & allergy test is only going to look for the immediate response IgE mediated reactions.

And, I am not talking about beliefs. I am talking about facts. And you did not say that diet was not the cause of acne. You said diet had nothing to do with it. Which is not the case. I also did not threaten you with banishment. I have no power to do so. I was merely warning you that trollers get banished if they keep it up.

Everyone is different. But everyone's body has to deal with the crap that person does to it. Everyone;'s body needs nutrients to function. Everyone's body works basically the same way only with slightly different 'decisions' on what to do with the few resources people give it these days with the poor diets & lifestyles.

Also, you should always eat like you are a diabetic. Always.

just because changing ur diet helped u with ur acne, doesnt mean it works that way for everyone. ive said enough.

im certain diet doesnt affect my acne, ive changed my diet long ago and i eat healthy, and it doesnt do shit.

and for the final and ultimate proof for myself, im gonna water fast + freshly squeezed wheatgrass for atleast 2 weeks, if theres no change, its more than enough to prove it.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/20/2013 7:11 pm

and for the final and ultimate proof for myself, im gonna water fast + freshly squeezed wheatgrass for atleast 2 weeks, if theres no change, its more than enough to prove it.

How that prove anything? Why would you think that would help? Is that your idea of healthy?

No wonder.