what has cleared me 99% in one week!!!

MemberMember
(@cynic)

Posted : 07/21/2004 2:35 pm

not eating near the same time as meals
MemberMember
(@ally)

Posted : 07/21/2004 2:39 pm

As its not that hard to do why don't we all try it and post an update a week from now. If it worked for her then it could work for any number of us.

MemberMember
(@sadcaroline)

Posted : 07/21/2004 4:57 pm

you all are posting that you dont eat with your meal, or you wait an hour, well if you read my post, i tried this. it did NOT work for me. the only thing that worked was when i made sure i had not eaten or had anything to drink at 2 hour intervals. i am VERY strict about this. Tomorrow is the one week marker, so i will be posting updates every week or two. Please dont put down what im saying until you have tried the 2 HOUR intervals, because what you are describing is NOT what im doing. and please dont try the 1 hour intervals yet, thats not what im doing. Please dont put this down until you have truly given it a shot, without cheating.

MemberMember
(@pelantire)

Posted : 07/22/2004 3:16 am

I usually get thirsty after meals, esp. salty ones. Also, if I do any physical activity like cycling for 5 hours, you have to drink every 15 minutes and eat every 30 minutes, or else you'll never make it past 2 hours. I guess I could try, but there are a number of problems. It sorta makes sense in a way, but then again I know countless people who are anything but healthy, and drink loads of crap with every meal and their complexion is fine, how innoying.

MemberMember
(@mischief2)

Posted : 07/22/2004 3:27 am

Hey sadcaroline, I'm so pleased to hear about your success with this. I'm just finishing up on a liver flush so am going to try your method of leaving 2 hours between drinking and meals starting tomorrow. It'd be hard to say what's working for me right now as I'm doing so many things but it doesn't hurt to try. I don't normally drink with meals but was following a 1 hour not 2 hour rule.

It does take a while to be able to say the acne is gone.. at least a month I would say if your acne is hormonal like mine (you have to get through your favourite time of the month rolleyes.gif ) so I hope you keep posting and let us know how it goes. I also hope you're able to change your name to happycaroline one day. smile.gif

MemberMember
(@lowfreq)

Posted : 07/23/2004 10:37 pm

Caroline.. your choice of food is perfect for healthy skin. Lot's of protein and good carbohydrates -- I didn't see anything sugary in your list. And what's interesting is that you eat alot of protein. Most women don't eat enough of that.

MemberMember
(@bailey)

Posted : 07/23/2004 11:11 pm

What if you only drink water? Can you drink water while you eat?

MemberMember
(@sadcaroline)

Posted : 07/24/2004 12:01 am

lowfreq- thanks, up until 9 days ago i had a horrible diet, pasta, breads, etc.. an everythign sweetjade says is right- diet DOES contribute to acne, but luckily, this water trick works well too..(its consistently keeping me 98-99% clear at all times) .. yea i do love protein lol... smile.gif im really trying my best to get healthy..

bailey- NO, thats what apparently was contributing to almost all of my acne, dont drink ANYTHING with your meal, an try to follow the instructions as i put them, because this has been a miracle for me, and my skin is only getting better, because now that my acne is almost all gone, my scars an red marks are finally getting a real chance to heal, and they are looking better as well.

MemberMember
(@chloe646)

Posted : 07/24/2004 1:45 am

sadcarloine I'm rootin for ya! Diet had once ruined my skin and diet has now saved it>if I hadn't been vegetarin I would have avoided accutane and had very few scars but Oh god i learned the hard way..anyway don't listen to media and doc advice. DIET DOES AFFECT ACNE DRAMATICALLY. I cut out dairy and junk food once again, upped my water intake (I rarely drink it during big meals) and a few weeks later my pores have cleared out by 60% 9I wasn't getting pimples)....plus, because the pores have unclogged, my scars look a lot less noticable.

Sometimes I think we mistake clog/gunk filled pores for scars or icepicks>I did

MemberMember
(@zap)

Posted : 07/24/2004 7:48 am

I'd love to try this but how am I supposed to take my "take with a meal" pills without water??? . That sucks!! sad.gif

MemberMember
(@zap)

Posted : 07/24/2004 7:50 am

Damn, I'm sorry.I clicked twice on the mouse while it was loading............. I'm really sorry sad.gif

MemberMember
(@sadcaroline)

Posted : 07/24/2004 9:56 am

haha zap, its ok smile.gif.. you also brought up a good point, one that im gonna have to deal with soon as well. after i do my first liver flush and colonic im going to go on some supplements to try an rebuild my good flora, and im sure some of those should be taken with food. So i decided that im just gonna swallow it without water, and wash it down with food..lol.. or just take it when i get to drink water (even if i get a tummy ache).. (thats what i did last week when i was taking essential fatty acids, didnt have a problem at all.. hope that helps smile.gif

MemberMember
(@bailey)

Posted : 07/24/2004 11:30 am

But why would it be bad to drink water? I don't get it.

MemberMember
(@missionaryman101)

Posted : 07/24/2004 11:33 am

I find it hard not to drink water or anything else during a meal.... I sometimes need something to wash food down or when Im eating I get thirsty. However, I have been doing it for like a day or 2 and will continue to do it, no harm.

My question is, what if I take supplements that say they need to be taken with a meal? And they have to washed down with a liquid, is that not good?

MemberMember
(@sadcaroline)

Posted : 07/24/2004 12:03 pm

bailey-- from doing a little research on this, and I have come up with 2 theories on it. if you drink water it seems to wash away the digestive enzymes that we have when we eat, we need these enzymes to make sure our food goes to the proper areas in our bodies. and if we drink any liquid while we eat, it can wash away these enzymes. Another theory, acne is known to be cause from something called 'leaky gut'. alot of you upto date on alternative medicine are probably familiar with that term. Leaky gut happens when a person has a bad case of candida, an that candida causes tiny tears of the gut lining, allowing tiny paticles of food into the blood stream. Now, what i think may also be going on, is not drinking bevarage while eating stops these tiny food particles from getting into out blood stream. An as much as i try to figure it out, there may be no real explanation for it, but honestly, its been a miracle for me, so im trying to to question it too much..lol.

Missionaryman--- good question, ill actually be having to deal with this problem soon as well. For the supplements that have to be taken with a meal, im going to swallow one pill at a time, with a small bite of food, and just continue eating. For supplements that dont need to be taken with a meal, im just going to take them at one of my scheduled 'water drinking times' lol i also find it hard not to drink anything with my meal sad.gif, i walk around horrible thirsty alot, but honestly at this point thats a small price to pay for not having scarring cysts..

hope that helped! smile.gif -caroline

MemberMember
(@24-hour-revenge-therapy)

Posted : 07/24/2004 12:16 pm

Sad Caroline, how is your skin holding up?? Let us know!

MemberMember
(@cynic)

Posted : 07/24/2004 12:38 pm

OK, hopefully I can help with the 'taking pills at mealtime thing':

When it says to take pills with food, all it's basically saying is don't take them on an empty stomach.

According to my oxytetracycline instructions - which I have to take on an empty stomach - an 'empty' stomach is classed as 2 hours after a meal.

So I guess if you take the pills an hour or so after your food, you should be fine, as technically it's not an empty stomach, and you've given time after your meal before you drank any water. smile.gif

MemberMember
(@sadcaroline)

Posted : 07/24/2004 1:34 pm

24 hour, amazingly this is keeping me 98-99% clear at all times!!!!!!!!!!!!! the only zits i get now are 2 or 3 tinyy (like the end of a pencil tiny) pimples, usually only my forhead.. i mean i have to be right in front of a mirror to see them.. its so crazy, like right now.. all i have on my face is 2 pimples that cant even be seen.. this is all just so shocking to me.. it has COMPLETELY cleared up any hormonal acne, an completely stopped any zits that would leave a red mark or a scar smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif, when u look at my face now, you cant see any zits at all, an i had such horrible skin sad.gif but sadly i do have lots of red marks, an lots of shallow rolling scars. But luckily, now that my acne is about completely gone, i can now seek good scar treatment . Im probably going to have a few sessions of needling, then have an exoderm with dr. rullan in december... the ony thing about this water therapy, its not affecting my hormones, so i still get a really oily face, but hopefully with a good diet, that will help with the oil..but i am still VERY strict about the way i eat/drink.. smile.gif

MemberMember
(@24-hour-revenge-therapy)

Posted : 07/24/2004 5:59 pm

Fuck yeah! You rule.

MemberMember
(@bobowang)

Posted : 07/25/2004 3:09 am

i will try it. hope it works.

MemberMember
(@flipside)

Posted : 07/25/2004 5:38 am

this may help explain what's happening:

Acne and Digestion

Impaired digestion due to low stomach acid and a leaky gut can result in inflammation and allergic acne-like rashes. A lack of acid in the stomach reduces protein digestion and a more porous gut allows larger undigested food particles to enter the bloodstream. This causes an immune reaction and the body looks upon these undigested food as foreign invaders. The end result is inflammation showing up in different areas of the body including the skin.

http://www.althealth.co.uk/services/info/diets/Acne.php

MemberMember
(@fallenangelvxv)

Posted : 07/25/2004 6:19 am

AWWW POOR SAD CAROLINE I hope you are so happy and this is the great cure you have found, and you are clear forever, I hope god puts all the pimples on me so you are clear..

Ur so special!

MemberMember
(@sadcaroline)

Posted : 07/25/2004 8:28 am

aww fallen thank you, that was a very nice thing to say this morning smile.gif

flipside- GREAT article! thanks for posting that, because its sounds as if thats whats going on here.. an i unfortunately am not great at explaining why things happen

hope everyone is doing well! caroline

MemberMember
(@sadcaroline)

Posted : 07/25/2004 8:41 am

just to let everyone know, since having to do my liver flush (i started it yesterday, an the one im doing ends this morning) i had 2 go off my diet for 2 meals.. so i went out for breakfast an made myself eat 4 yes 4 cinnamon rolls and iced blueberry rolls..and them for lunch i took myself to my favorite mexican place, an ate 2 chicken enchiladas, fried rice, an a side of cheese dip (dairy breaks me out BAD), now normally eating these things would have been a problem for me acne wise, but i continued drinking my water 2 hours after, an 2 hours before i ate this crap food, an i didnt get one new pimple to show for it smile.gif

MemberMember
(@fallenangelvxv)

Posted : 07/25/2004 9:41 am

Just a question, does liver flushes hurt?

lol.