Notifications
Clear all

The wonders of malt vinegar

MemberMember
(@theextricateapparition)

Posted : 07/19/2004 3:07 pm

I have been using malt vinegar on my face since saturday morning, i slapped it over my whole face day and night neat. And so far it has brought the overall natural complextion back to my face and seems to fade redness and help dry up me spots, maybe it is just an initial reaction, im going to see how it goes.|

But so far so good

MemberMember
(@cynic)

Posted : 07/19/2004 3:20 pm

Explain..

What are you doing? How much are you applying, and is it only to individual spots etc?

And you put it on during the day? Doesn't that smell?

MemberMember

Posted : 07/19/2004 3:54 pm

I rinse my face with cold water gently, then apply moisturizer night and day, then i splash malt vinegar over my face like a lotion, being careful of the eye area. You let it dry into your face, it may sting a tiny bit, but any redness from it subsides within 15 mins. The smell dies down after around an hour or 2, i spray some aftershave on my neck to diffuse the smell and it isn`t so bad.

or alternatively, u can spray aftershave on your cheeks but from a fair enough distance so it doesn`t irritate.

MemberMember
(@long)

Posted : 07/19/2004 6:38 pm

Previous to this regimen did you wash with soap(or cleanser)?

MemberMember

Posted : 07/19/2004 6:59 pm

No i don`t use soap or cleanser, i just use plain cold water. I stress that i have only been doing this for 3 days so i may be jumping the gun, i'll let u know how it goes.

I used bp before but i couldn`t tolerate it at all!

MemberMember
(@bryan1985)

Posted : 07/28/2004 9:09 pm

How is the vineger coming along?

MemberMember
(@anise_)

Posted : 07/28/2004 9:41 pm

I'm on my third day of using apple cider vinegar and I really like it smile.gif I use a 50/50 solution once a day for my red marks.

It's still too early to tell if it's doing anything for my marks, but it is making my face much less oily! I wear a greasy sunscreen/lotion and am outside in hot humid weather all day long for work. Usually my nose gets all shiny by lunch, but these past couple days it's been surprisingly matte.

MemberMember
(@suppleriddle)

Posted : 09/29/2016 9:31 pm

It will sting because the vinegar is killing the bactirea on your skin. So don't worry, your not having a weird chemecail (yep I spelt it wrong, I'm only 10, leave me alone ;P ) reaction, your not allergic, cuz that means it working.  What I really wanna know is if it will work on pimples. Obviously it will kill bactiria which is of course really bad for the pimple. So thats good but, once the bactiria on the pimle is gone, what do you do next? What kinds of cream do you put on? Please reply.