Notifications
Clear all

Why masturbation causes acne?

MemberMember
(@time4highselfesteem)

Posted : 07/02/2006 11:08 am

I was masturbating yesterday and the strangest thing happened. I have been on doxycycline for 3 days and 1 gram of b5 for one day and suddenly have have no sensation in my pubic area as well as hardly any fluid coming out. Has this ever happened to anyone? I still have libido, but just no sensation? What the heck is going on?

MemberMember
(@stevebob)

Posted : 07/03/2006 3:50 am

Do you see young children with acne problems, ....I don't think so. You start getting acne problems when you reach puberty or start experimenting (masturbation). This is when you start to get acne and it continues to get worse unless you treat it properly.

***Good for those people who don't get acne from masturbation, they are just lucky (and probably stay active). I don't care what what doctors and skin doctors say, they lie a lot of the time. They tell you that you need pills and drugs, and medicine; it's how they have their jobs and how they make their money. You don't see any other creature on earth taking drugs do you (unless we give it to them). Do you see animals having problems and needing face stuff to get rid of their acne problems, I don't think so. Yet, we are mammals, are we not? We are supposed to be the smartest mammal on the Earth, yet we have the most health problems, I wonder why, could it be that we are using drugs to heal ourselves and not going outside as much as we should be going outside?

How 'bout you watch and learn what any given mammal that is healthy does and doesn't do. They don't have any health problems, so if you follow what they do (excluding some of the food they eat, like raw meat) your face should start to clear up within 4 months.

-They don't masturbate

-They drink lots of water

-They don't constantly pick at their face

-They don't eat junk food, greasy food, or eat from fast food restaurants

-They stay active (or most of them any ways)

-Most of them are outside in the fresh air (excluding some pets)

-They don't sit around on a computer all day

-They do have sex, but not too frequently

Try out all of what I have said in my two quotes for 3 months, and I mean 100% of what I said, and if your acne does not start to heal by the end of 3 months please send a reply.

I would also like to see a physical study of two teenagers which do not masturbate and never have before in which both of them have no skin problems and are the same gender. One of them starting to masturbate for 3 months, at least 3 times a day. The other one not masturbating at all for 3 months. We shall see what the test results show. The environment must also be exactly the same for the two subjects. They both must also stay outside for the same amount of time and both stay inside for the same amount of time. One could read a book and the other one could be doing you know what. They both must eat the same food, and do everything the same except for the masturbation part. Otherwise the experiment will not work. This is how an experiment must be, otherwise it is an invalid experiment. This is how an experiment must be in Biology and Chemistry.

MemberMember
(@stevebob)

Posted : 07/03/2006 4:10 am

I have come to a conclusion that it must be the stress caused from masturbation, and not the masturbation itself. So essentially masturbating may or may not increase your acne, depending on if it is causing you stress or not; for example, if you constantly have to listen for parents coming near your room while your masturbating, of course that's gonna be stressful. If you are free of any one around you and you know they are not going to be back for a while, than maybe masturbating will not give you acne.

Also, most of doctors really just want to help you out, but some of them just want your money, or some of them may just not realize that you don't need drugs to heal people; all you need is to stay healthy, clean, and have a healthy diet.

I have come to a conclusion that it must be the stress caused from masturbation, and not the masturbation itself. So essentially masturbating may or may not increase your acne, depending on if it is causing you stress or not; for example, if you constantly have to listen for parents coming near your room while your masturbating, of course that's gonna be stressful. If you are free of any one around you and you know they are not going to be back for a while, than maybe masturbating will not give you acne.

Also, most of doctors really just want to help you out, but some of them just want your money, or some of them may just not realize that you don't need drugs to heal people; all you need is to stay healthy, clean, and have a healthy diet.

MemberMember
(@femina-mala-est)

Posted : 07/03/2006 5:57 am

Do you see animals having problems and needing face stuff to get rid of their acne problems, I don't think so. Yet, we are mammals, are we not?

We're also the only mammals that don't grow hair out of the sebaceous glands on our faces. That just might have something to do with it.

We are supposed to be the smartest mammal on the Earth, yet we have the most health problems, I wonder why, could it be that we are using drugs to heal ourselves and not going outside as much as we should be going outside?

Wellness matters, but tell some kid with polio that drugs won't help him and he only needs to get out more. Do you have any source whatsoever for the claim that humans have more health problems than other mammals?

Do you see young children with acne problems, ....I don't think so. You start getting acne problems when you reach puberty or start experimenting (masturbation).

The sebaceous glands do not become active until puberty. Shit, you'd know that just from reading more posts here. At least do some modicum of research before coming in here speaking like you're the A1 expert with the answer to all of our problems, to hell with medical science.

MemberMember
(@astherushcomes)

Posted : 07/07/2006 7:41 pm

well I havent masturbated for a little over 1 month now. I dont really get pimples though. What i have is red scars on my cheeks. I have mild acne that sometimes just flares up but right now I have 1 active small pimple on my cheek area.

So I dont know.

MemberMember
(@bballer056)

Posted : 07/08/2006 5:19 pm

somebody told me when you masturbate or have sex you let out alot of zinc. so he takes zinc when he does masturbate and that helps.

MemberMember
(@mikee)

Posted : 07/09/2006 12:41 am

aha giving up masturbation for a month would be worth watchin on jackass.

MemberMember
(@xlatin_beautyx)

Posted : 07/09/2006 11:09 am

guys need to release themselve from stress by masturbation. You keep it all inside, your stress has no ways out of your body but to get thru your skin, does that make sense to you.

MemberMember
(@krispp)

Posted : 09/16/2007 3:14 pm

Its all true! Some people's masturbation does cause break outs.

I know this from personal experience, and no its not in my head, im 22 and have tried everything to get rid of my acne. Heres my findings:

If i stop for a week, acne starts clearing up.... if i start up every day again it comes back... a healthy medium is once every 3 -4 days and also keep it in regular intervals so the testosterone fluctuations are regular and your body can get used to it. Its hard in the beggining to cut back and the day after your "schedualed" wack you'll probably have a stronger urge to do it but restrain yourself, or if you start to get hard for example when you get up, quickly do a set of pushups, that'll draw the blood to your muscles not to mention that the excercise will do you some good instead of wackin .

Oh and IDK if this is true for alot of people but smokin weed actually helps my acne lol ... as long as you dont get the smoke on your face ie no hotboxing.

anyways just registered to say that.

MemberMember
(@deshawndh88)

Posted : 10/17/2007 6:52 pm

All I have to say about this masturbation-acne rumor is I think that it is true. One, even though I don't really see pimples right after I masturbate I tend to see them the very next morning usually on my chin or lower jaw area. I started masturbating when I was about 16, but I've had acne since I was probably 13 or 14. So at first I thought masturbation can't cause acne if I've had it way before I started to masturbate. Then I started to think that it might just make acne worse or causes it to stick around, especially after going multiple days in a row masturbating.

These dermatologists and so called "experts" are lieing when they say this rumor is false because they just want you to buy their products and make money off of you. I also heard about people going a week, 2 weeks, even a month without masturbating and they say they have seen tremendous results. I have to agree with them because one time I went 18 days without doing it and then just recently I went 20 days and my acne was very much close to gone.

Another thing I think you have to take into consideration is the type of acne product you are using for your face and how much. I use AcneFree (Proactiv Solution is B.S.) and it seems to work, but pimples always come back after a couple of days. Now I'm trying my own theory whereas to use it only once a day (at night) and try and go a month without masturbating (hopefully avoiding wet dreams in the process). Using the Acne product only once a day has been working out a lot better than using it twice a day (less redness and irritation), but now I just have to try to avoid masturbating and see what happens in a month. Let me know if you have any comments or thoughts about this (this is my first time saying something on here).

MemberMember
(@lovegirl89)

Posted : 10/19/2007 8:06 am

pretty sure ive been suffering from a lack of sex and masturbation for three and a half months and my skin is total crap... the lies!! lol

MemberMember
(@simple2007)

Posted : 10/19/2007 4:40 pm

I think the masturbation thing doesn't affect girls so much..

I still think its the zinc and losing other stuff thing after you mastrubated (inside semen).

I don't take zinc supplements so i don't jerk off(been 7 weeks now) no new acne forming *pfew*.

If you can't stop jerking off and you *think* your acne *might* be affected by mastrubating try taking zinc supplements(to balance the lost stuff by semen?).

MemberMember
(@lxl-2)

Posted : 10/31/2007 6:49 pm

how bout 2 consecutive days? is that too much for a week?

sometimes i can hold for like 2 weeks... but not this week!!

MemberMember
(@notadoctor)

Posted : 10/31/2007 7:13 pm

It is actually bad for your prostate gland to not get off every few days. One of my friends went to the doctor because he was having pain in the prostate region. The doctor found he had a swollen prostate, and it was pushing on some nerve. The doctor told asked him how often he ejaculated, and he said once every 2 weeks if he can get a girl, otherwise less. The doctor told him he had to start masturbating at least 3 times a week, and he no longer has any pain there.

MemberMember
(@mikenogo)

Posted : 10/31/2007 11:17 pm

mmm< i just finished masturbating today. Last time i masturbated was 2-3 weeks ago.

During those days my acne was at ease, but after i masturbated, I notced breakouts.

So it is true in certain extent.

Also, TRY NOT TO HAVE DIRTY THOUGHTS.

I don't know if it is true, but I think dirty thoughts will cause hormones to develop causing acne.

Not sure, but i prevented thinking dirty thoughts ever since i tried to quit masturbation.

MemberMember
(@exariel)

Posted : 11/02/2007 10:51 am

Well in my case I found that there is a direct connection with masturbating and acne breakouts. So I limited it to once a week or even more if I feel that I can go longer without masturbating.

Almost two weeks ago I started going out with this girl and we started having sex like crazy...

Lo and behold now my skin is breaking out like crazy. I haven't had this much acne in a very long time so in my experience sex and masturbation does affect acne. To generalize it and say it affects everyone would just be wrong. If you suspect that having too much sex and masturbating affects your acne in some way then do an experiment to not masturbate just for yourself for a week to find out.

Thats my two cents anyway hope it helps in someway.

MemberMember
(@finally_free)

Posted : 11/02/2007 10:55 am

bs, masturbating dosent cause ance, come on this is like the millionth thread about masturbating and acne, THERE IS NO CORRELATION BETWEEN THE 2

anyway i havent masturbated for like 2 months because im too lazy and it takes too long and my face is still the same pile of shyt

MemberMember
(@plzwrkfishoil)

Posted : 11/02/2007 6:16 pm

bs, masturbating dosent cause ance, come on this is like the millionth thread about masturbating and acne, THERE IS NO CORRELATION BETWEEN THE 2

anyway i havent masturbated for like 2 months because im too lazy and it takes too long and my face is still the same pile of shyt

There is a million threads for a reason!!! It does have an effect on some people, like myself.

MemberMember
(@iwillkillacne)

Posted : 11/02/2007 6:34 pm

the sex hormones being released probably makes u produce more oil and thus more blackheads.

MemberMember
(@iliad)

Posted : 11/03/2007 10:32 pm

It doesn't cause acne, but it def aggravates it. I never notice new breakouts, but next day my current acne is way more inflamed.

MemberMember
(@tottipiero)

Posted : 11/04/2007 4:30 am

the sex hormones being released probably makes u produce more oil and thus more blackheads.

Well I always listen the experts saying that the causes of acne are not fully known, and at the same time they are "sure" that masturbation doesnt have impact on acne. I can say that was masturbation that ruined the effect of acne products, while I masturbate the products simply loose the effect...

MemberMember
(@kev-genogmail-com)

Posted : 11/05/2007 3:47 am

Well I think I can confirm that, for me, masturbation does cause acne. My face has been pretty clear, only a few small spots here and there, and last week I masturbated twice - monday and wednesday... and by the end of the week I had loads of spots near my mouth and on my chin, and a really big pus-filled cyst/nodule on my cheek near my nose. Damn.

MemberMember
(@iliad)

Posted : 11/05/2007 1:35 pm

Well I think I can confirm that, for me, masturbation does cause acne. My face has been pretty clear, only a few small spots here and there, and last week I masturbated twice - monday and wednesday... and by the end of the week I had loads of spots near my mouth and on my chin, and a really big pus-filled cyst/nodule on my cheek near my nose. Damn.

Same typa thing with me, but my current acne only gets worse, I don't think it adds anything new. Maybe/maybe not.

In fact, I might go so far as to say that Masturbation affects my acne more than Diet does.

MemberMember
(@supermachi)

Posted : 11/05/2007 3:15 pm

Sorry for being so frank lol but...

Let's talk about swim, someone who is masterbating.

When swim masterbates, his ears and chin area get heated and basically his head slightly becomes heated for sometime after swim cums.

however swim doesnt think that increase in heat or temporary inflammation that is caused from ejaculating will cause breakouts and for swims luck, it doesnt.

Swim actually thinks the reverse of what most think here, because when swim went on a vacation and could not masterbate for a week, he started breaking out.

Everyday, he would get a new pimple, but just when he chose to masterbate one day, no new pimples formed.

Its also imporant that I mention here that swim had been masterbating very consistently for the past year before the vacation.

So bottomline of my point is that inconsistent masterbating or suddenly stopping masterbating or suddenly picking up masterbating may trigger breakouts for those who suffer from acne.

I know its pretty obvious that swim is me, but lol its so funny to talk about swim, that guy is just silly.

MemberMember
(@a-knee)

Posted : 11/05/2007 5:06 pm

Tru brotha ^

(first time someone used that icon)