Notifications
Clear all

If you are a girl with bad acne you shouldn't reproduce

MemberMember
(@azstl25)

Posted : 01/02/2017 10:48 pm

I wouldn't want to pass on the acne gene to my offspring, but I don't really have to worry about thatlife decision. To my futureson or daughter that was never conceived because I never had sex with a woman: You're welcome.

MemberMember
(@tel-b)

Posted : 01/03/2017 11:14 am

Am the only one out of 5 in my family that has acne. My young sister has flawless skin. She has never suffered any acne. The other 3 have some point in there life but didn't last long. They are all flawless now. Am in my early 30's and have suffered from acne since I was 14 yrs old. It keeps getting worse. I have tried products on the market from high end to low end. I have wasted a lot of money trying to fight acne. I live a healthy lifestyle. Exercise, take supplements you name it. If it's a matter of genetics. Why am I the only one going through this ordeal. I am sick and tired of acne . I don't. Know what to do anymore

MemberMember
(@killmenow33)

Posted : 01/03/2017 5:00 pm

5 hours ago, tel-b said:

Am the only one out of 5 in my family that has acne. My young sister has flawless skin. She has never suffered any acne. The other 3 have some point in there life but didn't last long. They are all flawless now. Am in my early 30's and have suffered from acne since I was 14 yrs old. It keeps getting worse. I have tried products on the market from high end to low end. I have wasted a lot of money trying to fight acne. I live a healthy lifestyle. Exercise, take supplements you name it. If it's a matter of genetics. Why am I the only one going through this ordeal. I am sick and tired of acne . I don't. Know what to do anymore

You're just unlucky. It's like how someone's dad and their brother could still have their hair, yet that person could bald in his teens. I just want to know what the difference between the morbidly obese people and anorexic people with clear skin and us is. I wish you the best.

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 01/13/2017 12:20 am

This makes me sad.

However, I did like one thing you said:
the only therapy I need is for my acne to go away

MemberMember
(@avalati)

Posted : 01/30/2017 7:15 pm

This thread is kind of old but wow, a lot of what you said makes absolutely no sense????

1) Acne is not necessarily genetic?? My parents didn't have bad acne yet here I am : ))))))
2) If it is genetic, males can pass it on too???? why are you blaming women???
3) "If you're a girl with severe acne there will still be plenty of guys that will call you beautiful and find you attractive. If you're a guy with bad acne you better be tall, have a great body, have everything else going for you." "My female equivalent is out having the time of her life and has had multiple boyfriends that tell her she looks beautiful even without makeup."
As a girl, I can say this is absolutely false?????? what on earth are you TALKING about. Jesus christ dude. Yes, there might be guys who are nice enough to still find you beautiful but girls still suffer the same judgments as men. There are men with acne who can find someone to love them despite their acne as well. If you feel like you are having a greater problem than your alternate female self, it's not your gender that's your problem, it's your personality.
And actually,girls are more judged based on their looks than men. I don't know what you're talking about. Girls are expected to have great skin and be beautiful. People are less forgiving of women with (severe) acne. People just make a bigger deal out of girls "still looking good without makeup" b/c of the insane beauty standards. And as a girl with severe acne, I'm extremely distressed okay. I am not having the "time of my life" despite my acne..
Also just btw, you can use foundation and concealer to cover up your acne too. You haven't explicitly said it, but I feel like it's a solution you think only women can use.

Mishayn liked
MemberMember
(@ariunbold)

Posted : 02/01/2017 12:52 am

Im pretty sure if i had child he/she will have acne. So i will not have a kid. Its simple isnt it? I made this decision long time ago

MemberMember
(@ae1976)

Posted : 02/16/2017 12:46 pm

Wow!!!! This thread is old but it has got me annoyed enough to comment. Comments like this do not help those coming to this Forum in search of help, support and advice. All you are doing is making them feel worse than they already are. Let me tell you something. No one knows the reason for acne. My whole family has spotless, flawless skin. The only reason I have acne is because my bitch of a mother used to never cook for me so I had to eat packed noodles everyday for 15 years. I started when I was 6. That is why I have acne. No gene or anything else. Are you saying I should not have reproduced? My mother was a total bitch with clear skin who by all means should never have reproduced. She produced me who has bad skin. Please explain that to me.

MemberMember
(@jwalk)

Posted : 02/18/2017 7:29 am

I dont really agree with the op, but there seems to be a lot of ignorance in this thread with regards to the genetic basis for acne. Although there is probably no single "acne gene as such, there is a genetic predisposition (i.e. a collection of genes) that is obviously hereditary. External factors may be the trigger, but without that genetic predisposition the acne would not develop. Those genes may be passed to your offspring. One of your parents may have passed those genes on to you, or genes from both parents may have combined to create the genetic predisposition toward acne (the latter would explain why a child develops acne, when their parents did not).

Ive chosen not to have children for a few reasons, but one of them is because I dont really want to risk the chance of passing on my collection of genes and being forced to watch someone suffer in the same way I have. Its my choice, I dont owe the world a child, but I dont think my choice should be imposed on others.

MemberMember
(@fvckacne)

Posted : 02/19/2017 11:36 am

This topic has been beaten to fuckin' death... but I don't believe acne is genetic, atleast not in the way we usually think of it. That we're inborn with some elusive "acne gene". I call bullshit. But...

The microflora has genes, right? Who's genes are we really talking about here? Human or microbial? If it's true that the microflora collectively has more genes than the human genome, and if they influence most of our biology in profound ways and direct our immune systems then could acne be "genetic"? Sure it could. It could be "genetic" in a way that's sort of "not genetic". I've never seen anyone else draw this distinction but when we're referring to genes... they might not be human genes.

For medicine to say that problem X is genetic that might be somewhat true, if only because the food system has fucked your gut beyond repair. It's genetic just not YOUR genes.

If acne is a gut problem, and it definitely looks to be the case, then if you're a male you wouldn't pass on your "acne genes" anyway because the infant is colonized with microbes from the mother and the environment. I know the topic of this thread was "if you're a girl..." but there are a lot of dudes saying stuff like that. Let's knock that shit off, yeah?

DeLovely and Ae1976 liked