Clear all

[Screw] this world

MemberMember
(@mylifeisacne)

Posted : 12/27/2016 6:52 pm

Fuck this world.
[Censored] everyone with clear skin
[Censored] everyone who won the genetic lottery

Life isn't worth living with cystic acne and scars. It just isn't. Anyone who isn't conventionally attractive should just off themselves. Anyone who says differently is lying to comfort themselves from the cold hard truth.

Truth is, your physical appearance is all that matters in this life. Even with a shit personality and a low IQ, good looks will still afford you everything this stupid [censored] world has to offer.

MemberMember
(@killmenow33)

Posted : 12/27/2016 7:45 pm

Yeah, life for us is just finding the least painful way to kill time until we die. I agree with you about how much looks matter. We have people on here that post stories of them going from being happy, having tons of relationships and partying, basically always going out and enjoying the world, to becoming shut ins. You can be as positive and confident as you want, and it won't matter. Everyone will treat you poorly if you're ugly.

You liked
MemberMember
(@mylifeisacne)

Posted : 12/27/2016 8:12 pm

20 minutes ago, KillMeNow33 said:

Yeah, life for us is just finding the least painful way to kill time until we die. I agree with you about how much looks matter. We have people on here that post stories of them going from being happy, having tons of relationships and partying, basically always going out and enjoying the world, to becoming shut ins. You can be as positive and confident as you want, and it won't matter. Everyone will treat you poorly if you're ugly.

Yep. I used to have a life, a girlfriend, and had no problems socializing..then I got acne and scarring and now I'm invisible to girls. Honestly having acne and scarring really reveals how the world works in a sad way.

I'm trying to find an easy way to kill myself so i don't have to see people with their perfect fucking skin. I think jumping off a skyscraper is how I'm gonna go out. That will really show my acne who's boss. What's kind of terrifying to me though is I'm having thoughts about hurting the people with clear skin and even thoughts about hurting my parents (the reason for my bad skin). This disease has made me such a shitty person.

You liked
MemberMember
(@killmenow33)

Posted : 12/27/2016 8:50 pm

16 minutes ago, mylifeisacne said:
Yep. I used to have a life, a girlfriend, and had no problems socializing..then I got acne and scarring and now I'm invisible to girls. Honestly having acne and scarring really reveals how the world works in a sad way.

I'm trying to find an easy way to kill myself so i don't have to see people with their perfect fucking skin. I think jumping off a skyscraper is how I'm gonna go out. That will really show my acne who's boss. What's kind of terrifying to me though is I'm having thoughts about hurting the people with clear skin and even thoughts about hurting my parents (the reason for my bad skin). This disease has made me such a shitty person.

I think thoughts like this are natural when you have suffered with acne for a long time. I doubt you haven't heard this before, but don't feel to bad about wanting to killing yourself. Most people would be to pussy to kill themselves, and they don't realize what it's like to have acne and how much better off it would be to be dead then have to deal with being extremely ugly. I honestly think that the reason people kill themselves on accutane is because of it not curing their acne.

MemberMember
(@koloz)

Posted : 12/27/2016 9:06 pm

I got rejected from a job interview before because of my acne. The shallow girl interviewer picked the clear skinned guy who she had interviewed the same day. I hate people

55 minutes ago, mylifeisacne said:

Yeah I know how you feel. I wanted to kill a lot of people in high school because of how they treated me because of my face

I'm 20 and have no friends because of this. I was discriminated all my youth because of it. I actually don't know I haven't snapped.

MemberMember
(@steph93rc)

Posted : 12/27/2016 11:34 pm

Yeah, it's rough. I've tried to kill myself more than a few times, acne is definitely a major contributor to suicidal thoughts/actions/ideations. Honestly, I wish it worked. I can relate to your feelings of resentment towards your parents for passing down genes with skin issues, my dad's side has skin issues and allergies. I am making the choice to never have children so that I won't pass down genetic skin issues, I wish my dad had decided the same thing so then I wouldn't exist.
I agree with @KillMeNow33when it comes to the Accutane suicides, I think that a lot of people who have acne are just susceptible to suicide ideation and maybe if Accutane makes their skin worse at some point during the course of their medication maybe that's what it is. As opposed to the idea that Accutanecausesdepression, I think acne itself does it. I didn't need Accutane to push me to my breaking point. Having that said, I would never encourage anybody to off themselves for any reason. That's just not nice because some people have great potential in their life. Some people's skin eventually does clear up and stays clear for the rest of their life. I understand you feeling that way though, I'm resentful about it too and I hate it.
Having acne has turned me into a shell of the person I used to be... It's actually so sad. I realize that a lot of people will say it's not right to base your entire mental health on your skin but right or wrong, it's just the way it affects me. I hope you don't let the anger get to you. Don't hurt anybody because you're driven by the anger which is fueled by your insecurities about your skin. I know how it feels, it's not fair and it hurts. Every day.
I'm sorry that you feel this way, and I hope things get better. You're not alone, it is a "taboo" subject of conversation but it's the true extent of how badly acne can affect a person psychologically. We're not even ourselves when we're so focused on our skin issues, it's not even close to who we are. Underneath all that hate / resentment / insecurities / depression are people who have an amazing sense of humor, funny, charming, witty, fun, nice, compassionate, considerate, caring people... For whatever it's worth.

Misssadsack, bellacat, Jazzguy and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@beautyandblemishes)

Posted : 12/27/2016 11:40 pm

Reading the comments under this post was very hard for me. I once was in the same exact shoes as some of you. My success story identifies that having faith will bring about results. Please check out my page and I hope it is an inspiration to each of you. Thanks in advance.

8 minutes ago, steph93rc said:

Yeah, it's rough. I've tried to kill myself more than a few times, acne is definitely a major contributor to suicidal thoughts/actions/ideations. Honestly, I wish it worked. I can relate to your feelings of resentment towards your parents for passing down genes with skin issues, my dad's side has skin issues and allergies. I am making the choice to never have children so that I won't pass down genetic skin issues, I wish my dad had decided the same thing so then I wouldn't exist.
I agree with @KillMeNow33when it comes to the Accutane suicides, I think that a lot of people who have acne are just susceptible to suicide ideation and maybe if Accutane makes their skin worse at some point during the course of their medication maybe that's what it is. As opposed to the idea that Accutanecausesdepression, I think acne itself does it. I didn't need Accutane to push me to my breaking point. Having that said, I would never encourage anybody to off themselves for any reason. That's just not nice because some people have great potential in their life. Some people's skin eventually does clear up and stays clear for the rest of their life. I understand you feeling that way though, I'm resentful about it too and I hate it.
Having acne has turned me into a shell of the person I used to be... It's actually so sad. I realize that a lot of people will say it's not right to base your entire mental health on your skin but right or wrong, it's just the way it affects me. I hope you don't let the anger get to you. Don't hurt anybody because you're driven by the anger which is fueled by your insecurities about your skin. I know how it feels, it's not fair and it hurts. Every day.
I'm sorry that you feel this way, and I hope things get better. You're not alone, it is a "taboo" subject of conversation but it's the true extent of how badly acne can affect a person psychologically. We're not even ourselves when we're so focused on our skin issues, it's not even close to who we are. Underneath all that hate / resentment / insecurities / depression are people who have an amazing sense of humor, funny, charming, witty, fun, nice, compassionate, considerate, caring people... For whatever it's worth.

great advice. i will be sure to follow your blog for more inspiration thoughts.

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 01/10/2017 6:12 pm

There are people out there dealing with adversity in other forms who have found a way to carry on with life...Katie piper....Stephen hawking...I'm sure each of us can identify someone else like this...perhaps these are exceptional people but there may be something to learn from asking ourselves how they keep getting up each day.

I also like this quote from the Dalai Lama, a man who finds peace and happiness without all therelationships and possessionswe consider normal and essential to happy life...

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

I hope you guys will all be OK...you can be damn sure there is at least one person in your life who would be devastated if you weren't around anymore.

DeLovely liked