Notifications
Clear all

If You Had Clear Skin..

MemberMember
(@yosan)

Posted : 03/03/2015 2:21 am

If i had clear skin, I would focus on being a better person and helping people who have acne. I grew up with my extended family (uncles,aunts,cousins) we were very close, to me they were everything, but when i got acne everything changed... i got treated difrently and one of them even called me a monster :S it really hurt because I considered that person a brother. I have tried many treatments but none worked for me, sometimes i wonder if I will be able to act like a "normal" person again. I really want clear skin but i know it wont happen... :S *worlds smallest violin

MemberMember
(@lizzy18)

Posted : 03/05/2015 2:54 pm

If I had clear skin I know I would still be unhappy with myself. I remember when I did have "clear" skin. I got compliments and still didn't feel good about myself. I hated my nose... my thin and brittle eyelashes... my eye color... my legs - the list goes on. I need to find acceptance for myself. If I'm not happy now then I won't be happy later on either. I'll just find something else to complain about. I would maybe be a teeny tiny bit less stressed, cause I would stop having to look in the mirror all the time and obsess over myself.

I'm hoping to get there one day. People tell me all the time how beautiful I am but I'll never see it. Not until I can find acceptance for myself and my acne.

MemberMember
(@rlam)

Posted : 03/09/2015 7:37 pm

<p>I wouldn't be the motivated, driven, success obsessed person I am. &nbsp;I wouldn't have a burning desire to become a better person. &nbsp;I wouldn't be the compassionate, humble person I've became. &nbsp;Acne has been an asset to me.</p>

noche and Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 03/10/2015 12:12 pm

<p>I wouldn't be the motivated, driven, success obsessed person I am. &nbsp;I wouldn't have a burning desire to become a better person. &nbsp;I wouldn't be the compassionate, humble person I've became. &nbsp;Acne has been an asset to me.</p>

You're awesome for that, that's inspiring.

I was going to think of what life would be like if I didn't have acne, but I don't think I will. It'll bring me down. I've seen people on this board say "If I could, I wouldn't change the fact that I have acne, I've learned so much." I wouldn't be able to say that, but I will accept that it's happened. It's better to ask yourself, what have I accomplished regardless of having a severe skin disorder? Maybe you kept a job regardless, maybe you stuck it out in school, or you've just managed to keep some of your self esteem intake. I've managed to fight forward with getting an education, I've stopped self destructive behaviors, I eat healthy and take care of my body inside and out. I never judge someone by their appearance, I've become an accepting and compassionate person. I'm still here, scarred face and all, but I'm still here and I'm proud of that.

MemberMember
(@rlam)

Posted : 03/10/2015 9:49 pm

Thank you @Kay24. That's all I can hope to be! I also believe that (ironically) acne has made me more outgoing. Instead of hiding my acne behind fear or apprehension, I hid it with my personality and livelyness. I honestly can't tell you how many times people said they loved to be around me (my acne was pretty bad). And when you realize that people value for more than your face... Man, does life change.

post-431720-0-14647200-1426042154_thumb.

post-431720-0-47206500-1426042163_thumb.

MemberMember
(@worldtraveler27)

Posted : 03/17/2015 8:45 am

I would be able to talk to guys and not feel like theyre looking at my acne. I would go in a pool and get my face wet. I would definitely be more outgoing. If i had clear skin I would feel normal just like everybody else and not to wear any foundation/concealer would be amazing. I would go everyday, just like that if I didnt have any acne.

MemberMember
(@nubecita)

Posted : 03/28/2015 3:48 pm

I wouldn't have to edit my pictures :(

MemberMember
(@uglyduckling13)

Posted : 04/07/2015 4:51 pm

I'm naturally a shy person, but with my acne, I'm even more shy. So, if I had clear skin, I would be more confident in myself and more outgoing.

MemberMember
(@soulcandy)

Posted : 04/14/2015 11:23 pm

If I had clear skin things would be different because I wouldn't be crying at 2pm in the afternoon, I wouldn't have to decide which days I'm going to sacrifice breaking out more by wearing foundation to cover up existing breakouts, things would be different because my soul wouldn't bare the weight of my physical shortcomings.

I think that my life wouldn't be any different than it is now, honestly. I think my mood would be a little brighter, but that's about it. My acne is mild, so it isn't the first thing that jumps out at people when they see me, but it's something that I have, and that I have to face myself with every damn day, I think my life would be different, maybe in the sense that I would feel less burden.

I'm happy sometimes, but I could be a lot happier if my skin were clear, but then again, I think that I could be happier for a variety of different reasons.

I think I will feel a sense of victory when I get my skin cleared up, I'll be grateful and I'll never wear any makeup. I'll just be content. I'll take a lot more selfies, that's for sure. I'll share with the world what finally worked for me, once and for all - hopefully. I'll never take a pimple-less day for granted.

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 05/10/2015 7:39 am

If I didn't have acne my life would be beautiful. I would be able to study, go out every weekend in parties. Travel the world. Have a boyfriend etc.. I would be a alot more happy in my life since I cry everyday of pain. Now I'm just a hermmit who rarely leaves my house and stay almost all day in the bed cuz everything I do give me panick attacks. So I must take medication to calm myself.. Acne and Accutane destroyed my life and all my confidence.