Notifications
Clear all

I'm Damaged For Life

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 03/22/2013 5:06 am

Thank you for your courage everyone!

Kelseylee, the front photo was made just after the treatment, my scars healed since then and looks just a bit better.

imag0311v.jpg

MemberMember
(@simple-dreams)

Posted : 04/01/2013 5:04 pm

Man, sorry, but having some moderate acne on body that you can permanently treat within a month is just not fair to talk about it. My acne is on face, all over my face, I cant hide it under clothes, you are so lucky that you can go across the steet without thinking why GOD gave me this punishment, that ruined my life. Just think about it. :)

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 04/02/2013 6:30 am

Man, sorry, but having some moderate acne on body that you can permanently treat within a month is just not fair to talk about it. My acne is on face, all over my face, I cant hide it under clothes, you are so lucky that you can go across the steet without thinking why GOD gave me this punishment, that ruined my life. Just think about it. smile.png

"but having some moderate acne on body that you can permanently treat within a month is just not fair to talk about it" Well you are right and wrong...

first it's not ACNE it's SCARS http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sca r

second I don't understand what's the point of posting if you haven't red the whole post?

and third I'm sorry to hear about your facial acne, but you can't say my case is better right? yes I can hide it, but these THINGS (scars) are not going anywhere "you can permanently treat within a month" thank you again for not reading my post :) I have been treating them for almost a year :)

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 04/02/2013 10:47 am

Not sure if you have marks on your face or not -_-

But if not, just be happy that it's not on the part that every1 sees

Don't take life too seriously, none of us make it out alive

(@LewisS)

Posted : 04/02/2013 12:04 pm

I've seen people with much more severe acne scarring. I bet nobody even notices, I wouldn't and even if I did I wouldn't see them negatively.

I guess it's psychological and that's something I do understand because I refuse to take my shirt off due to weight. Even though I've lost tons of weight, I still have it in my head that people will stare.

Trust me, compared to how you see it close-up in a mirror will be almost unnoticeable to others. Try and slowly build up your confidence by building up how long you go shirtless for. Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@sleptember)

Posted : 04/02/2013 12:36 pm

DamnLife,

As a scarred individual, I understand your pain, frustration, and misery.

Let's assume the scars will never fade. So now you have two choices: 1. Feel bad about it forever or 2. Accept it.

You will regret option one. You will look back on your life and hate yourself for missing out on opportunities and letting life slip by.

That leaves option two. Acceptance is not easy but it's what you have to do. Acceptance doesn't take one day. It's a process. Acceptance means going to the beach without a shirt even though its hard and you feel self-conscious. Acceptance means asking out that girl even though you feel nervous. Acceptance means looking at yourself in the mirror and loving who you are no matter what you look like.

It's not easy at all but you have to do it - sometimes you even have to force it and fake it. But you have to do it. The scars are there but you need to live your life and you need to be happy. Make this happen.

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 04/02/2013 3:06 pm

DamnLife,

As a scarred individual, I understand your pain, frustration, and misery.

Let's assume the scars will never fade. So now you have two choices: 1. Feel bad about it forever or 2. Accept it.

You will regret option one. You will look back on your life and hate yourself for missing out on opportunities and letting life slip by.

That leaves option two. Acceptance is not easy but it's what you have to do. Acceptance doesn't take one day. It's a process. Acceptance means going to the beach without a shirt even though its hard and you feel self-conscious. Acceptance means asking out that girl even though you feel nervous. Acceptance means looking at yourself in the mirror and loving who you are no matter what you look like.

It's not easy at all but you have to do it - sometimes you even have to force it and fake it. But you have to do it. The scars are there but you need to live your life and you need to be happy. Make this happen.

I'm taking option three, if another surgeon won't cut them out I'm doing this myself :)

I'm not a type of person who gives up and accepts imperfections like this, I'll not accept myself like this and it's about time to treat my scars like they do treat me.

MemberMember
(@coolstorm8)

Posted : 10/25/2013 3:02 am

Have you Tried Agnijith..??? Please let me know of its results...

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 10/25/2013 8:28 pm

I have horrible raised scars all over my back and shoulders too! Some of them are red, most are dark-brown.

One thing that really helped me was Hydroval which is a topical cream (prescribed by doctor). It completely flattened and lightened my scars. Maybe you should ask your doctor about it.

MemberMember
(@blackstar85)

Posted : 10/26/2013 11:57 am

Few people on the board here saying the guy shouldnt go on so much cause its not on his face - his body is still scarred! Yeah he can hide it but its still his body, it still affects him and interferes with his life..scarring on face can be covered with concealer but its still gonna bother you, its still gonna be under there...so thats not fair guys!

Dude my advice if you meet a girl let her see right away, dont make a big issue of it just tell her show her and most girls actually wont care were all about the feelings guys mostly judge on appearance (sorry guys but you do) and those girls that bother will no doubt resemble a member of the ladyboys of bangcok or be highly vain. The problem isnt other people the problem is how you see yourself. You get two types of people, those than can deal and those that cant. Some folk with acne can get on with life and still have confidence and battle on but some hide away, let it affect their whole lives, mood and state of mind. Im the exact same I have active acne at the moment dont want to even leave the house so I'm where you are kinda losing all hope of getting on with this life nonsense cause its worsening by the day but I know the meds will kick in eventually but even when my skin is clear I still find fault especially with the scarring but when i will look into scarring treatment when the time comes. Even with treatment the scars wont dissapear but they will fade. Ive learned its kinda myself that makes it worse by obessessing over. Dont ask me how but you need to find a way to say fuck it...i got scars whatever and get on with your life so sorting your head out will help, its going about sorting it out thats the hard part.

Thats what this place is here for to come vent and speak to people who know what its like.......take care of yourself

S x

MemberMember
(@providermr)

Posted : 10/27/2013 2:49 pm

You look good to be honest no homo.