Notifications
Clear all

Life's Bad!

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 03/19/2013 10:15 am

OK, here I am ranting. It's been so long since I created a topic. I am clear of zits, yes, but I have a lot of acne scars and even though I am clear of zits, I still think about my skin,every single damn day! Not only that I have acne scars, but my life sucks. I can't even make friends. To be honest, I suck at meeting people because this is something that I've never done due to skin disease and loneliness. If it wasn't for my nice family, I wouldn't be here. I would be somewhere else doing bad things! Because I have my family, I want to keep going with my career. I'm the only member of the family who is in college/university. I want to prove myself that a person who is quiet, not very smart, and lonely can succeed. Sometimes I do wish I was a funny guy who is outgoing and have a lot of confident.

I have a CNA license and yet, I haven't found a job. I will surely going to see my license expires and throw it in the garbage. Nobody wants to hire me, that's how terrible I am.. lol. I got lucky to work at UPS.. Very lucky.. That's where I work now. I have never been hired at a job without the help of someone. The first job I got, my dad's friend hired me.. the 2nd job, my dad helped me get hired.. now I work at UPS. Gosh, I am trying to improve myself. So I am hoping that by reading and watching movie could help me... have anyone did this? If so, did you change?^^

I thought life would be better once I am clear., but was I wrong.. holy shit! biggrin.png It is actually worse..

I created this because I am wondering who could relate to me. :\ I feel like I am the only one..

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 03/19/2013 11:06 am

I'm sorry you're having a rough time. *hug* I know how it is.

As far as jobs, just stick with your UPS job for a while and get some experience. The more work you have on your resume, the easier it is to get hired. When I first started out in my teens/early twenties, it was WAY hard to find work. Now that I have 10+ years of work experience, I've gotten hired at almost every job I've tried for, and my two most recent jobs I was hired when my acne was pretty severe. Having a nice resume goes a long way, so try to keep your job at UPS for a year + if you can. That was when I saw a big difference in getting hired: After I began keeping jobs for a year +. Hiring managers really like to see those long periods of work. They want to know you won't quit in a month after they put in all the effort to train you.

I'm kind of surprised you haven't found any CNA opportunities, though. How many places are you applying? I thought that was a pretty in-demand job.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/19/2013 8:19 pm

You are not alone. I think many of us with acne also suffer with self esteem issues so when we clear up, we discover that there is still something missing. A colleague of mine once said that in order to mover forward, we have to fake it till we make it. Keep on going to school, working and enjoying your family. Reach out to people your age. Maybe go on a meet up website and meet other people who are shy, etc. There are many of us out there.

On the positive, you have found a way to cntrol your acne so work on your inner well being.

Good Luck to you friend