Epsom Salt Reviews

Epsom Salt

CLEARED MY ACNE

EPSOM SALT CLEARED MY SKIN!! A week ago I had the most congested skin from blackheads to whiteheads to milia and even cystic bumps. My skin was so dry and dehydrated (very different things) and Epsom salt has saved me. I can genuinely say I have tried everything, BP, salicylic acid, diathermy, LED, retinol, AHA, apple cidar vinegar, bentonite clay masks EVERYTHING except accutane. I've tried using sea salt but that broke me out worse. I did experience a purge of three days but i really didn't mind my skin couldn't get worse. I use this as a mask every night. 1. I wash my face with hemp seed oil (basically the oil cleansing method) 2. Double cleanse with hemp seed oil 3. Mix Epsom salt and water and apply to my face and leave on for 30 minutes 4. Wash off 5. Apply aloe Vera, rose hip Oil and hemp oil to moisturise 6. If I need spot treat with tea tree I also apply a clay mask twice a and a organic honey mask when I my skin needs a hydrating boost (the honey mask makes my skin glow and feel so soft) I went from clogged pore/closed comedone hell to beautiful clear skin. I am still dealing with a couple scars but they will fade in a week or so. THANK YOU EPSOM SALT!!

It does actually work!!

I cant believe it took me this long to find this amazing, cheap and simple treatment!!! I've heard about salt/swimming in the ocean being good for acne but I thought it was just some old BS myth... Well, until I came over the reviews here at acne.org and decided to try it for my self! A little bit of background: Im a 27 year old Female with light to moderate hormonal acne. Mostly on my cheeks and jawline (and if I'm unlucky it spreads over my forehead, chest and back). I've had these problems for the last ten years. Before that my skin was so perfect and supple it looked better without make up than with it. Suddenly the pimples just started flaring up from nowhere and I have had cykles of clear skin/light acne/moderate acne/clear/light/moderate and so on since then. My skin is not oily nor dry, although I would say it's more to the dry side if I had to choose. So harsh, chemical drying lotions and stuff like that just made my inflammation worse. I have tried everything in the past!! Like many others here. BP, LED, chemical peels, Retinol, birth control, salisylic acid, antibiotics, topical gels, baking soda, lemon, honey, oil... pretty much everything besides Accurate. Well, one week ago I decided to try the Epsom salts. Every night and morning I use a homemade toner containing 1/5 epsom salt and 4/5 boiled and cooled water. I use a cotton pad to spread it all over my face. If I have a cyst or a pimple I use a spot treatment blend made of 1 spoon of salt and one soon of warm water and dab it to the pimples with a wool tip. I DON'T wash it off afterwards but keep it over night or use it under my make up in the morning. It's not harsh against your skin, on the opposite it just calms it down. It doesn't dry my skin but since it is already prone to be a bit dry-ish I use Jojoba oil as a moisturizer after the toner has dried. Well it's been one week and WOW!! My skin doesn't look as inflamed/red anymore! Most of my acne has dried up except some stubborn cysts that was there before or under the skin when I started the treatment. I know it's is just my skin purging them out and every day it looks better and better! My ski tone looks more even and more tanned? The stubborn scars have even started to fade. I use Zink and omega 3-6 supplements as I feel this helps with the healing and overall health. But other then that ALL I use is epsom salt and jojoba oil on my face. Works wonders and I'm so stoked to see how my skin looks in a few weeks when all the s*** underneath is cleared and surfaced. Also, I noticed that when I get a new pimple it heals much faster and doesn't leave any hyperpigmentation like before. Try this if you haven't! It's so cheap and makes your non-acne skin look so good and even! Best of luck!!

Healing my acne after only 4 days

So I've used this twice as a scrub mixed with hemp seed oil, and I've been using it twice daily as a spot treatment just dissolved in water. I have really dry skin and I'm in my 20s and no other acne treatments have been working for me, but this is already healing my acne after only 4 days. It looks like my pimples are just fading away. Since the Epsom salt leaves a white residue on your face I wash it off after as long as I can wait in the morning and I leave it on overnight. I really recommend trying it. Unless you're allergic to Epsom salt, it's pretty harmless to try.

Did you use it after you washed your face or?

wow incredible

I regret trying this last. From taking tons of herbs for male hormonal acne (because my doctor won't let me do a hormonal test so i can't pinpoint it atm) and it only helping a little bit i figured i would try this and i literally don't get a single pimple unless i sweat then i do break out a bit but this stuff destroys pimple bacteria better than proactive. I really would recommend this if you don't wanna put toxins/chemicals on your skin. It kinda sucks that i can't heal completely but man it's better to have 3 small red spots than 80 HUGE difference. Also your face gets super smooth from out along with other benefits.

Need help

I have been using this product twice a day for 5 days now. I mix 2 tablespoons with 1 cup of water and let it dry for half an hour. I was wondering if my regimen I was using is good.

Amazing

Really does work! I struggle with acne flare ups where I seem to get loads in one big hit. After being given some magnesium sulphate for folliculitis and finding out it was Epsom salt I ordered some online and mix 1 part salt with 4 parts warm water and use cotton wall pad to put the mixture all over my face and let it dry on my face for half an hour and wash off follow wit benzoyl peroxide 5% and moisturize.. If I have a spot forming I dab the solution again on the spot and let it stay dried on that area over night. well 10 days in and there is a massive improvement! old spots are gone, any new ones a tiny bumps which only last for 2 days and go flat with no reddening of the area. My non acne skin is also really smooth. I noticed my pores are smaller and the oiliness of my skin has improved greatly. I plan to do this nightly until its all under control and then maybe use every 3 nights or weekly. I think the 'pulling' properties of the product gets any of the gunk out of the pore before it becomes inflamed which is good enough for me. Oh and staying of the chocolate is a big one for me as well. please give it a go!

Comments

Epsom Salt OR Baking Soda ??

Ok, so I know this is suppose to be a review, but I am really keen to find out what you guys recommend. I'm going to try and keep this as short as possible. I am 20 years old, and really struggling with some mild acne (but mostly these small irritating pimples that won't go away), especially around my jawline area. And this may be hormonal. I do have a healthy diet, water intake, exercise, etc. Birth control won't help AT ALL, neither does antibiotics. So please understand my frustration. My skin type is combination with some areas being dry. I have been researching about Epsom salt and Baking soda, and both of them sounds equally awesome. So I am actually just looking for answers regarding which one would be more beneficial for my skin. Thanks in advance! x

Please don't use baking soda on your skin! Here's some more information as to why - https://[link removed]
sorry, didn't know links weren't allowed. essentially it's overly alkaline and damaging, but i'd recommend doing a search as many people have said it better than I can.

It's like magic

I'm 41 years old and never had bad acne except during my pregnancy (hormonal). About a year ago I started to have regular breakouts that would leave dark spots in my face. The pimples were cystlike never really coming to a head and lingering for weeks regardless of what I did in my attempts to get rid of them. Three months ago our city experienced a historic flood. My husband and I were trapped for 12 hours before being rescued. The severity of my acne has been horrific since then, waking up to multiple new pimples daily. The flood water was disgusting and toxic. I assumed the acne was resulting from my medication, hormones, stress and possible exposure to floodwater. I read that a lot of people experience bad skin reactions from the drug adderall, which I have been taking for a year. I've even had facials with blackhead extractions. When running my fingers across my skin I could feel fine bumps under my skin. These were clogged pores just waiting to turn into the monstrous painful cyst that I've been experiencing. I thought about getting off of my medicine until I found this forum. Since trying the epsom salt my acne has cleared up within 48 hours tremendously! All of my cystlike pimples are almost nonexistent! No new breakouts and the dark spots are already much lighter. I'm praying that the results don't change and I've found a simple cure for my breakouts without having to take another drug or discontinue the use of my current ones. Having acne sucks! I love to wear makeup but when there are lumps and bumps under your skin it feels pointless. It's embarrassing since I've always been complimented on how pretty my skin is. I wear makeup to compliment not cover. I've never had to wear makeup to hide my skin. Epsom salt has been magic for my acne. Twice a day I take a a tablespoon full and put in the palm of my hand mixing with a few drops of warm water. The. I massage it into my face and neck, leaving it on for a 10 min. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Sometimes it stings a bit but it does not dry my skin out. Today I'm going to wear makeup and see how that goes. I'm so excited.

BEST ACNE MEDICATION - SERIOUSLY

I've had acne all my life, however over the years it has changed drastically. In high school I had very mild acne, mostly blocked pores. When I went into my freshman year of college, I started breaking out dramatically where I started wearing foundation just to hide the marks. I tried everything the dermatologist gave me, aczone, sulfur washes, proactiv, x out. I was using exposed skincare for a while and my acne got slightly better during that treatment, but not fully. At that point I was getting cystic acne, it was painful, large and hormonal (mostly around my mouth and chin). After I graduated I saw the dermo again and he prescribed oracea (doxycyclen 40mg) which did WONDERS for my skin. It was so clear for the first time in a very long time. After about a year it stopped working and my cystic acne came back with a vengeance. I looked all over the web trying to find acne cures, finally went to my dermo and got epiduo which I havent seen much of a progress with. I needed a quick fix so I found the reviews for epsom salt and decided to try it. After 1 week of using it, my skin is looking AMAZING! Ive never seen such fast results with a topical treatment. All my cysts have dried up and come to white heads (but not huge white heads like the ones I was getting). All I do is mix the epsom salt with warm water, plop it on my face and let it sit over night. It's been such a miracle. I suggest you all try it before taking any prescriptions from the dermo, half their sh*t doesnt even work. ENJOY!

IT WORKS!

I've had acne since I was 12 and I am now 23. It all started when I started wearing makeup and didn't wash my face. I first started using over the counter products and eventually switched to DIY all natural cleansing products(oil cleansing, honey, apple cider etc.). Although the all natural worked a bit, I still wanted something that would kill a cyst immediately so upon reading a blog about muscle aches, I found out about Epsom salts. I mixed it with water so it would dissolve and not too abrasive for my face. The huge pimple on my cheek reduced its size the next day! My Korean skin care products also helped in keeping my face clean and moisturized but the Epsom salt is definitely the acne killer for me. I rarely get pimples now! Try it and ensure to get the magnesium sulfate not the one with fragrance!

Comments

First thing to work for horrible breakout

Background: I'm twenty years old and I've never had a problem with acne leading up to this. I would get the occasional spot, with one nagging cluster on my forehead because I rub there when I'm stressed. Then I had a massive cystic acne breakout. In January 2016 I started a new medication, which worked great except for it started to cause acne. I'd never had a cyst before, and four months later this was all over my cheeks and chin, overlapping each other and bright red. It hurt if my faced touched anything. I've never worn make up before, but had to start in order to feel ok leaving the house. When my doctor saw me in March we switched to a similar medication that didn't cause acne, and he prescribed minocycline. Minocycline did nothing by mid-April, so I started doing my own research. I found out that Epsom salt is really helpful for some, and gave it a shot. It worked like magic and drew up and drained almost all my cysts. I mixed it with warm water to dissolve it and put it on with a cotton ball and swab only where I needed it in the morning, and just keep reapplying 3x during the day, reapply once before bed. Almost all the cysts came to a head and the pus and infection made it to the surface and came out on its own, no popping, it was disgusting but amazing. A lot of my cysts healed, all of them greatly reduced in size and went flat after the pus came out. This helped me feel ok to leave the house again. I did have to be put on doxycycline to really kill the underlying infection and Adapalene to get the stubborn cysts to truly heal, but doing this spread up the process so much I would highly recommend it.

Amazing

I have been so excited the last couple days about epsom salt! I had a baby 3 months ago and immediately right after she was born, I started breaking out. Worse than I have my whole life. I am 30 years old and have had acne since I was 10. I got on Accutane when I was 17 and it cleared it up but like a year after getting off it, I started getting acne again. But not bad, just here and there. I have had 3 kids now but never broke out with my first 2, just during pregnancy and most of it went away after they were born. But the acne I have had lately has been terrible. I got on the birth control pill loestrin fe because my doctor said it would calm my hormones down but it hasn't seemed to help. I have tried Panoxyl and it has helped a little but my skin still felt irritated and hurt. I have acne all around my jawline and around my ear area and some under my jaw, nowhere else, but cyst-like acne that really hurts and wont go away. I tried D.r. Teal's Epsom salt, the ginger clay one 3 days ago and it's all drying out. My skin doesn't even feel the same! I put some in my hand and a couple drops of water and pat it on the area and the cysts shrinked so quickly, like within hours. I could feel my face tingling even after I washed the Epsom salt off. I bet my face will be clear very soon. It has worked faster and more effectively than any acne cream or wash I have ever used. It is AMAZING. I think the whole world should know about this stuff.

Comments

After 26 years .... Clear!

My acne started when I turned 11. I am now 38. Nothing has helped for me too have clear beautiful skin like both my sisters. A year ago I began applying a palmful of Epsom salts mixed with a few drops of water, enough to just wet it, directly to my affected areas and then leaving it to dry, about ten minutes. Rinse it off and go on with my day. Then repeat before bed. At first I broke out horribly. However I decided it was just the salts purging my skin and continued to do this fingers crossed. After the initial purge, about one week, I noticed I wasn't getting any new cysts or whiteheads. Then I began to notice that my blocked comedones were disappearing. My skin had never been so clear. So I decided to start an all natural routine. I now wash with the Epsom salts the same way however after washing I now spray on a mixture of 1/3 Organic ACV with 2/3 Distilled water and 10-12 drops Organic Tea Tree oil. Then apply jojoba oil all over for moisture and on the odd much much smaller little pimple I may get during my menstrual period I just put a drop of tea tree oil on it directly. And it seems to disappear over night. Once weekly I mix up a mask of Benzonite Clay with ACV, Lemon juice, and tea tree oil which I leave on my face for an hour and rinse off and continue with the rest of my routine. I know have beautiful acne free skin! Know begins my battle with scars, large pores and pitted skin. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hola.....quisiera saber si le ha resultado el uso de las sales de Epsom. Y si no le han vuelto a salir .... ahora lo está mi hija porque también tiene y muchos brotes cuanto tiempo debe usarlo
For scars, large pores and putted skin...look into dermaroller. Use a 1mm roller and don't forget the numbing gel. Look up before and afters!

Mixed Feelings

I began using epsom salt after reading everyone's great reviews. I had initially tried it because I had two cystic mountains on my face that I get every now and then, but usually it takes a good week or longer to get rid of both the size and the pain from them using just benzyl peroxide and tea tree oil alone. I had amazing results at first using a spot treatment method. I would apply the epsom salt and water mixture on the spots and by the next day the mountain was literally smaller and had a head to it (which usually takes at least a week for them to surface). The epsom salt spot treatment worked so well on the large areas that I thought I would try this as a mask on the rest of my face... but using it this way caused me to break out more than usual. I have heard that this can cause your skin to purge, and apparently that is true. The reason I gave this 3 stars is because it actually does work, but for me I would only use it on the large, hard to get rid of type of acne, instead of trying to battle the purge lol I just can't handle having to deal with more than I had to before.

It's worth a try

Epsom salt mixed with a little water really does work! I use about 2 tbsp of water and mix in 2 tbsp of epsom salt, then stir until dissolved. I will wake up and my acne spot will be noticeably smaller, if not gone. I have hormonal issues so I will get pretty large acne spots every few days but I just put my mixture of epsom salt on each spot everyday and the spot that was treated will disappear within 3 days when it would usually take a week or more to go away. I only rate this product a 4 because I have noticed that if I use the mixture as a mask rather than a spot treatment that I actually break out more. I attribute this to the epsom salt pulling impurities from deep within my pores and allowing them to surface, while this is actually a good thing and will eventually result in clear skin, I just can't handle getting 5 or more pimples than usual everyday. In the words of Kimberly Wilkins "Ain't nobody got time for that."

Acne

I started using it as a kind of a mask while waiting for my regimen in the mail and it really decreased the redness and shrinked it.

Comments

It works, but results are slow

Definitely does shrink pimples and cysts, but it will take a looooong time for the pimple (especially a cyst) to actually completely go away. It will reduce it a little at a time, so I would recommend mixing a tablespoon of Epsom salt into warm water and applying it onto the cyst with a Q-tip, and it will take about a week and a half to fully go away. I would like to stress: DONT FREAK OUT ABOUT A ZIT, no matter how big it is. It will go away eventually and it is not the end of the world. I get bad anxiety from acne, so I understand the emotional affects it has, but just use this home remedy and wait about two weeks, it will go away and you will be okay. :)

Wonderful!!

I use epsom salts as a face mask 4 times a week, 2 of those times I mix it with equal parts baking soda and a few drops of water. I have got to say, it's great! The first think that struck me as odd was that despite its grainy consistency, it melts right up and is non irritating. I'm pretty sure I could use it as a cleanser and it would work great, because it leaves my skin feeling soft, clean and oil free. It's also not too bad at cleaning out my pores. Give it a try.

I actually add a little bit of epsom salt into my face wash every morning, and at night if I have active zits. But just for maintenance once in the morning is fine.

I'm loving it

This thing works. Take a leap of faith and try it. 😊😊😊 I mix the salt with milk cleanser, then apply rose water for toning, and aloe vera gel as moisturiser. Keeping it simple and all natural is the way to go. If i have cyst acne, sometimes I would dilute the salt with bp, and apply it to my cyst overnight, cyst comes to a head the next day .😎

What is bp?

OH MY!

I had an EXTREMELY bad, horrible breakout. It was ALL OVER my forehead and chin. I tried apple cider vinegar, but it ended up making the problem even worse. My parent's had big giant bags of Epsom salt to use in baths to calm their muscles after their workouts. I knew that Epsom salt detoxified and cleared back acne. So I looked up on using it for my face. I do this- 1-2 times a week I exfoliate with the salt Every other day I dissolve the salt into water, spread into my face, and let dry. Then I dissolved the salt in water, then mixed the salt water with my Clean & Clear morning burst cleaner. I use that 2 times a day. Also, I ice my face down every day. I've done that for maybe 4 weeks, and my skin is almost perfect! I just have one TINY TINY blemish that is almost gone, then a little bit of scarring. It's AMAZING!!

What about if you have it on your back chest on your scalp and the back of your neck ?

Amazing Results!!

Ive been using epsom salt for just a few days, combinationed with castor oil, and I have found amazing results in just a few days. I dont have severe acne, but haave always had blackheads on my nose and small pimples on my T-zone. I started washing my face with soap and epsom salt just a few days ago, and moisturizing with castor oil, and I have seen a noticable difference. I have no acne, and my fine lines have disappeared considerably! At night, I start by washing my face, and rewash it with the epsom salt, washing for about 2minutes. After rinsing my face I apply castor oil. Not only is the castor oil a moisturizer, but it has antibacterial, and anti- inflamitory properties. It also encourage the production of collagen. When I wake up in the morning, I wash my face with the epsom salt andlight soap, rinse, and apply a light moisturizer. Amazing results!!

I think castor oil breaks me out, any other oils also break me out and give me big bump under my skin. Lucky you!

Works for me, everyone should give it a shot-got nothing to lose!

So basically epsom salt is my favorite spot treatment, I use it by mixing it with a bit of water and applying on the pimple, I try to leave it on as long as possible. Then when I wash it off I find my blemishes have either come to a head or are healing! I used to have awful hormonal/cystic acne, but this combined with diet, using coconut oil as a moisturizer, and washing twice a day has solved the problem that oral medication couldn't! I only get pimples now every few months during my female time. but, this stuff definitely helps speed up healing!

Ricky wood1976- It works for any kind of acne anywhere. I have issues with getting acne on my shoulders sometimes and it works just as well there as it does on my chin. If you have bad acne you could even do like a whole face mask using epsom salt. I only get a few here and there so I spot treat like bbygrl.

Works for me

I do not use directly on my face. I soak in the bath for really as long as I can stand. I'm not sure if my acne is related to toxins in my body but I definitely see a major improvement in my face!! It dries out any pimple on my face and is healed by the next day. Be sure to rinse all the sweat off in a shower after so you don't reabsorb anything.

acnegal, how long have you doing the epson salt bath before you noticed an imporvemnt in you acne?

why?

I have been using epsom salt for 3 WEEKS , and idk why but i don't feel any better on my face (it even getting worst).but yeah i still try to using it.hope it work soon :(

I dont know if the epsom salt has worked for you or not yet but i asked my dermatologist about it and she said that it works and it will get worse before it gets better because the chemicals have to remove everything from ypur skin all the puss and oils and dirt will surface and thats why it apears that it not working. I know its been 3 1/5 months since youve posted this but i hope of your question hasnt been i answered yet i answered it for you.
How did you go? Has it improved?

I can't give an exact rating.. Until I know what is wrong!!

I have been trying epsom salt for a week and... I just don't feel any better on my face! I do it twice a day. Morning and night without fail. After a week, my face is pretty much the same, red spots here all over my cheeks, with a couple of extra white heads. I did notice that a very, very small part of my blackheads on my nose was gone but the main reason I'm doing this is to improve my face condition! I tried googling but no avail, everyone seems to be able to have immediate results after using epsom salt and I feel like the only one here stuck with barely any improvement at all. Could it be something which I did wrong? Or there are people out there who are not suitable to use epsom salt? Please help! Very much appreciated!

Maybe it's because of the face wash you are mixing it with... what face wash are you using?
Try using dr. bronners baby castile soap as a cleaser with a washcloth to exfoliate. Put nothing on your skin before bed. Same thing in the morning only use a mixture of 16oz of spring water with one teaspoon epsom salt as a toner. If your skin is really dry use 1-2 drops of jojoba oil on your face. The oil is more waxy than oily so it does not make your face look oily. Only put a drop or two into your hands and pat your face though! I hope this helps, it is the only thing that has helped me.
Has it improved?