Drinking Water reviews

4.2/5 - 44 reviews

Drinking Water

made my skin better in a week while having a breakout
Reviewed on December 7, 2017

Well, i am a student and i have decided to buy a water bottle even though we have sinks in the bathroom to drink water and that really helped my skin though out my breakout i went from 6 big zits to none

Good, but...
Reviewed on December 6, 2017

When I was 15 I had pretty bad cystic acne on my forehead, and only my forehead. I tried epiduo like my dermatologist recommended, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference. I originally started drinking enough water because I downloaded an app called plant nanny, and I wanted to compete with my friends. Thank god for this because in two weeks that acne was significantly better and within a month and a half it was completely clear. And I mean COMPLETELY. For the next year and a half I was known for having very good, glowy skin. Fast forward to about two months ago. I started breaking out again (on my forehead) and now it is almost as bad as when I was 15. I still drink plenty of water, so I know that it's not because my water intake decreased. I will obviously still continue to drink water since I've also experienced other benefits to my overall health, but I guess my point is that clear skin doesn't always last forever. I thought I had found my miracle product, but I guess I'm still looking. No doubt, water helps, but it doesn't solve everything.

Good for overall health
Reviewed on August 5, 2017

Didn't do much for my acne but I'd still choose water over any other drink just because our body needs it to cleanse our system and wash away toxins.

Maintains Dryness / Oiliness, But Pimples Did Not Go Away
Reviewed on June 30, 2017

Drinking water did prevent dryness and control oiliness on my face, but I didn't see any pimples disappearing after a month of drinking water or reduced breakouts.

Can water REALLY help?
Reviewed on June 10, 2017

I'm in my early twenties, I have had an acne problem for as long as I could remember.

I try to drink as much water as I possibly could, I don't wear ANY makeup nor do I smoke--I feel like a victim of secondhand smoking sometimes, especially by those to DO smoke--but I don't drink and I can STILL feel my face is oily.

Some days I drink 6-to-8 glasses/cups of water, 2-to-3 sometimes 4 water bottles.

I've been taking Centrum Women almost every day for the past month and/or two.

I think my real problem is processed/junk food and sweets--I've been trying REALLY HARD to keep it to a minimum, but it seems to be almost IMPOSSIBLE for me.

My mother's in her fifties and her non-oily face is clear, a heck of a lot better than my face, without a doubt.

What should I do?

by lovelybutterfiles on 12/07/2017 21:46
eat one sweet a week
Too good to be true, but it worked for me!
Reviewed on May 25, 2017

Unless you have an underlying illness, most acne can be cleared with changes to your diet. I have large pores, SUPER OILY SKIN and constantly have blackheads and cystic-like acne that didn't discriminate on where they formed. I tried every topical treatment known to man and it only managed it at best.

I once read somewhere that your sebum becomes more thick and sticky, the more sugar/junk you eat. So I decided to alter my diet since I was a junk food addict. I loaded up on veggies and protein and my skin started clearing up dramatically, but not 100%.

I have NEVER liked drinking water. I'm not sure what it is, but it's hard for me to drink water. I was maybe getting a cup a day and I was never thirsty. BUT, I started chugging at least 64oz a day (a squirt of lemon juice made it easy to drink) and I can't even believe it.

Not only is my skin less oily (probably because I'm more hydrated now) and I haven't had more than a tiny easily poppable whitehead for the past 2 months straight. My blackheads are slowly going away. I haven't altered what I use to clean my face or my makeup or face lotion.

I think the VERY FIRST STEP in getting rid of acne, is to change your diet and water intake. If that doesn't help, then look to what products you are putting on your face...then seek out a dr to determine if it's a hormone or health issue. (Just a side note to consider if you have body acne...it might be the result of fungus. I had horrible chest and back acne, but after some research, I started using classic Head & Shoulders and it cleared up my body! Dandruff is caused by a fungus on your scalp, so any antifungal/dandruff shampoos or treatments are worth experimenting with. The water or diet didn't do a thing for my body acne.)

My personal routine if anyone is interested:

AM

Wash my face in the shower after the steam has opened up my pores (Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Cleanser-a clear liquid)

I exfoliate 2x a week after I wash it with....I know this sounds weird....my fingernails. Dermatologists tell you not to do this, but I really don't care because it works best for me. If you don't want to use your nails, use a microdermabrasion paste.

I always splash my face with cold water afterwards, to close my pores.

Apply face lotion (I use Olay Active Botanicals in the summer, and Alba Even Advanced Sea Lipid in the winter) I don't use serums or oils or anything else, but that's all personal preference and what your skin needs.

I don't use a ton of makeup, but I find a primer before my foundation powder helps keep stuff out of my pores.

PM

SIMPLE makeup wipes to remove all my makeup

Spot treat with Benzoyn Peroxide. The Target UP version works best for me. For some reason the Clearasil brand is thicker and makes me break out! Go figure.

As you can see, I don't have a fancy facial routine with tons of toners or serums. I think the BEST skin care comes from your diet and the vitamins/minerals and hydration. Your face is constantly regenerating new skin cells as old ones slough off. Why spend so much time on the dead ones falling off instead of making sure the new ones have ample nutrition from your diet?

Works for me
Reviewed on May 14, 2017

Where do I start, the summer before my freshman year in high school I started getting acne (I did in middleschool just not as bad, the occasional pimple that went away without anything scarring) the acne I got was only on my forehead and I used products such as tea tree which worked for awhile but then became ineffective. I then continued to suffer through these forehead pustules all throughout my freshman year until I got sick of it, and I read on here that drinking water cured another woman's forehead acne. As desperate as I was, I tried it and within a month I didn't have anymore active forehead acne yet I still had the marks left afterwards. (Keep in mind diet matters too and I also was drinking 10-12 glasses a day) I started drinking water at the end of May 2016 and by the end of August 2016 my marks were pretty much faded. The reason I believe water helped cure my forehead acne is because I didn't drink nearly as much water during the next school year (maybe 4-6 glasses a day) and I started breaking out on my forehead again. I recommend if you only have acne on your forehead to at least give water a try or any acne at all.

So simple, dumb really, but it works
Reviewed on January 29, 2017

I'm currently on spironolactone, so I should be drinking more water than usual, but I've been trying to get at least 10-8oz cups in every day. Your skin will be plump, hydrated, soft, and a little more glowy. :)

Just not for acne and better skin!
Reviewed on January 28, 2017

What started out as a pre-New Year's resolution over two months ago has become something that I've realized was crucial for not only my acne and skin, but for my overall health.

Overall health aside, however, water not only helps limit the amount of acne I have, but also makes your skin look glowing and overall better. My skin is now smooth and nice, much like you would expect to see after an exfoliator, without any harsh ingredients, methods, etc.

Give it a try; if it doesn't work, at least your body overall will thank you for helping!

I've noticed a lot of comments on reviews asking how much water to drink; it really depends on your weight, height, activity, climate, etc, but there are many calculators out there to help you determine the recommended amount of water to consume each day!

DRINK MORE WATER
Reviewed on August 14, 2016

Water is a miracle when I am dehydrated I breakout.BUT WHEN I DRINK WATER IT acne WENT AWAY.So lesson ment to be learnt always drink water but don't drink 2 hours before bed time or u will be going to the washroom overnight believe me it is so annoying thx....PS don't drink to much surgery liquid and food because your blood sugar will be high and u will get more acne

by Hellooooo8888 on 08/27/2016 22:24
How many liters do you drink
by MountainMash on 10/16/2016 22:13
I drink 3 liters or less, Or I make sure my pee is clear and I drink it with lemon jicie mostley