Drinking Water Reviews

Drinking Water

Good, but...

When I was 15 I had pretty bad cystic acne on my forehead, and only my forehead. I tried epiduo like my dermatologist recommended, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference. I originally started drinking enough water because I downloaded an app called plant nanny, and I wanted to compete with my friends. Thank god for this because in two weeks that acne was significantly better and within a month and a half it was completely clear. And I mean COMPLETELY. For the next year and a half I was known for having very good, glowy skin. Fast forward to about two months ago. I started breaking out again (on my forehead) and now it is almost as bad as when I was 15. I still drink plenty of water, so I know that it's not because my water intake decreased. I will obviously still continue to drink water since I've also experienced other benefits to my overall health, but I guess my point is that clear skin doesn't always last forever. I thought I had found my miracle product, but I guess I'm still looking. No doubt, water helps, but it doesn't solve everything.

Can water REALLY help?

I'm in my early twenties, I have had an acne problem for as long as I could remember. I try to drink as much water as I possibly could, I don't wear ANY makeup nor do I smoke--I feel like a victim of secondhand smoking sometimes, especially by those to DO smoke--but I don't drink and I can STILL feel my face is oily. Some days I drink 6-to-8 glasses/cups of water, 2-to-3 sometimes 4 water bottles. I've been taking Centrum Women almost every day for the past month and/or two. I think my real problem is processed/junk food and sweets--I've been trying REALLY HARD to keep it to a minimum, but it seems to be almost IMPOSSIBLE for me. My mother's in her fifties and her non-oily face is clear, a heck of a lot better than my face, without a doubt. What should I do?

Too good to be true, but it worked for me!

Unless you have an underlying illness, most acne can be cleared with changes to your diet. I have large pores, SUPER OILY SKIN and constantly have blackheads and cystic-like acne that didn't discriminate on where they formed. I tried every topical treatment known to man and it only managed it at best. I once read somewhere that your sebum becomes more thick and sticky, the more sugar/junk you eat. So I decided to alter my diet since I was a junk food addict. I loaded up on veggies and protein and my skin started clearing up dramatically, but not 100%. I have NEVER liked drinking water. I'm not sure what it is, but it's hard for me to drink water. I was maybe getting a cup a day and I was never thirsty. BUT, I started chugging at least 64oz a day (a squirt of lemon juice made it easy to drink) and I can't even believe it. Not only is my skin less oily (probably because I'm more hydrated now) and I haven't had more than a tiny easily poppable whitehead for the past 2 months straight. My blackheads are slowly going away. I haven't altered what I use to clean my face or my makeup or face lotion. I think the VERY FIRST STEP in getting rid of acne, is to change your diet and water intake. If that doesn't help, then look to what products you are putting on your face...then seek out a dr to determine if it's a hormone or health issue. (Just a side note to consider if you have body acne...it might be the result of fungus. I had horrible chest and back acne, but after some research, I started using classic Head & Shoulders and it cleared up my body! Dandruff is caused by a fungus on your scalp, so any antifungal/dandruff shampoos or treatments are worth experimenting with. The water or diet didn't do a thing for my body acne.) My personal routine if anyone is interested: AM -Wash my face in the shower after the steam has opened up my pores (Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Cleanser-a clear liquid) -I exfoliate 2x a week after I wash it with....I know this sounds weird....my fingernails. Dermatologists tell you not to do this, but I really don't care because it works best for me. If you don't want to use your nails, use a microdermabrasion paste. -I always splash my face with cold water afterwards, to close my pores. -Apply face lotion (I use Olay Active Botanicals in the summer, and Alba Even Advanced Sea Lipid in the winter) I don't use serums or oils or anything else, but that's all personal preference and what your skin needs. -I don't use a ton of makeup, but I find a primer before my foundation powder helps keep stuff out of my pores. PM -SIMPLE makeup wipes to remove all my makeup -Spot treat with Benzoyn Peroxide. The Target UP version works best for me. For some reason the Clearasil brand is thicker and makes me break out! Go figure. As you can see, I don't have a fancy facial routine with tons of toners or serums. I think the BEST skin care comes from your diet and the vitamins/minerals and hydration. Your face is constantly regenerating new skin cells as old ones slough off. Why spend so much time on the dead ones falling off instead of making sure the new ones have ample nutrition from your diet?

Works for me

Where do I start, the summer before my freshman year in high school I started getting acne (I did in middleschool just not as bad, the occasional pimple that went away without anything scarring) the acne I got was only on my forehead and I used products such as tea tree which worked for awhile but then became ineffective. I then continued to suffer through these forehead pustules all throughout my freshman year until I got sick of it, and I read on here that drinking water cured another woman's forehead acne. As desperate as I was, I tried it and within a month I didn't have anymore active forehead acne yet I still had the marks left afterwards. (Keep in mind diet matters too and I also was drinking 10-12 glasses a day) I started drinking water at the end of May 2016 and by the end of August 2016 my marks were pretty much faded. The reason I believe water helped cure my forehead acne is because I didn't drink nearly as much water during the next school year (maybe 4-6 glasses a day) and I started breaking out on my forehead again. I recommend if you only have acne on your forehead to at least give water a try or any acne at all.

Comments

So simple, dumb really, but it works

I'm currently on spironolactone, so I should be drinking more water than usual, but I've been trying to get at least 10-8oz cups in every day. Your skin will be plump, hydrated, soft, and a little more glowy. :)

Comments

Just not for acne and better skin!

What started out as a pre-New Year's resolution over two months ago has become something that I've realized was crucial for not only my acne and skin, but for my overall health. Overall health aside, however, water not only helps limit the amount of acne I have, but also makes your skin look glowing and overall better. My skin is now smooth and nice, much like you would expect to see after an exfoliator, without any harsh ingredients, methods, etc. Give it a try; if it doesn't work, at least your body overall will thank you for helping! I've noticed a lot of comments on reviews asking how much water to drink; it really depends on your weight, height, activity, climate, etc, but there are many calculators out there to help you determine the recommended amount of water to consume each day!

DRINK MORE WATER

Water is a miracle when I am dehydrated I breakout.BUT WHEN I DRINK WATER IT acne WENT AWAY.So lesson ment to be learnt always drink water but don't drink 2 hours before bed time or u will be going to the washroom overnight believe me it is so annoying thx....PS don't drink to much surgery liquid and food because your blood sugar will be high and u will get more acne

How many liters do you drink
I drink 3 liters or less, Or I make sure my pee is clear and I drink it with lemon jicie mostley

Miracles

I barely used to get any water, since I never feel thirsty although I live in a very hot area. Ever since I started increasing my water intake, honestly my skin really did start to clear up, its amazing how your skin transforms. Once I stop drinking water, I automatically notice my skin breaking out all over again, so stick to it!

Of course it works

Not just for acne, but in general. Drink more. After monitoring my water intake i realized i got less than a litre a day, i now drink 3 litres a day, and my face is glowing. But in general, i feel healthier. If it doesnt cure your acne (most cases it wont), at least it will help with your overall health.

Drink water

I've always drank a ton of water, during times of clear skin and during times of breakouts. It doesn't necessarily prevent acne but it is good for flushing out toxins that may contribute to acne. It improves digestion immensely. So it doesn't directly clear up acne but it is a holistic way to improve overall health which in turn helps skin. I have noticed that my skin rarely gets dry. Not even 10% bp could significantly dry out my skin. But I don't use SA or BP anymore. I'll use 10% sulfur and tea tree oil and get minor flaking but it goes away quickly. So if you have dry skin water may help with moisture. Just drink water and tea every day and no soda coffee juice or milk. Oh but coconut or almond milk are good alternatives for cereal and other things that require milk

Water and diet

l've tried many things to get my face clear in past years but only thing that truly helped is diet with the right amount of water intake. l stopped drinking milk, eating sweets and fatty foods,drank more water,green tea and eaten anti inflamatory foods. Since then my scars almost faded and 90% of acne is gone. 1,5 - 2 l of water daily for glowy skin.

How much time did it take to see a difference in your scars??
User476825

Helps with acne scars,does nothing for acne

I aim to drink around 3 litres of water per day. Since I've started this my skin looks brighter and acne scarring has faded quite a lot. Although, it hasn't made any noticeable contribution to reducing the acne itself. As arguably the worst part of having is scarring, I recommend drinking lots of water ever day to help manage it.

Try to eliminate the root cause of your acne, it could b dairy and it will help a lot!

Doesn't do a thing

I suffer from mild acne on my cheeks and I always drink water. I only drink juice/soda etc on special occasions . Yes water is good for you but it didn't do a thing for my acne or acne scars and I drink ALOT of water. Since I was a kid my mom stopped Giving me juice/soda so it kinda stuck to me. Many people are always telling me drink more water drink more water I literally have to take 2 liters of drinking water wherever I go because 1 liter isn't enough for me and I finish it fast. it does help with other things but not for my acne. It. Doesn't do a thing. Sorry for my poor grammar 😕

Try a gallon or 4 litres a day, I drink four litres and seeing huge difference! It's been 3 days but one other thing, I also found the cause of my acne was milk so I've stopped drinking milk. Yours may b milk, should try it.
If you find out that 2liters isn't working for you try increasing your water intake

Plump healthy skin!

Whenever I drink a lot of water, I find that my skin appears healthier, the skin tone is smoother, and my spots heal faster. I recommend drinking a few huge bottles a day, and you will see your skin start to plump up and be more hydrated. The overall health the water provides helps reduce scars and smooth the skin. Try drinking more water and see the difference it makes not only in your skin, but every other aspect of your health.

Comments

Make it part of your acne regimen!

I am a 26 year old female, and have suffered from acne for the past decade pretty consistently. It wasn't until about a year and half ago that I started seeing a new doctor and she helped me realize and address the fact that I wasn't drinking nearly enough water everyday. I realized that there were days (especially while stressed at work), that I would drink multiple coffees and no waters, without really noticing. I have seen a lot of improvement in my skin on Spironolactone, but I have also tried to consistently have 8-9 glasses of water per day- sometimes more. I have been able to literally stave off catastrophic breakouts in the making by drinking a ton of water and flushing out my system. When I am not hydrating properly, it shows on my skin within hours. I will go from only one or two very small pimples, to huge cysts that turn to scabs. If you are trying an acne treatment, couple it with plenty of water intake.

Can I ask you something's? Did you have any coffee within the time that you didn't have enough water and got more acne and has your acne gone completely? If not, how long have you been drinking water

Works Good for Skin- But not for Acne

I personally am a HUGE fan of water. I carry my signature orange water bottle around with me wherever I go and is filled with water on a daily basis. I have notice that drinking lots of water has given my skin a beautiful, healthy glow. Its like having highlighter on... but more natural. But for curing acne? Naw. Water didn't really do a thing. I have mild acne on my forehead that won't go away. Every time a pimple starts to go away, two more pimples (sometimes cysts) appear in the previous' ones place. Water improved my overall skin health, but not for helping my acne go away. In all, I recommend drinking water. It actually helps your scars go away faster! It also gives my skin a healthy glow. But don't expect too much with your acne.* *DISCLAIMER: If you are drinking tons of soft drinks and stuff like that, that might actually be the cause of your acne. That wasn't my case, so drinking water didn't help me.

It could b milk try HELL YEAH!!! Milk for a couple weeks or anything dairy and drink a whole bunch of water, honestly that's helping me
Watch your diet as well coz u can be drinking tons of water but if u r not careful of what u eat or drink then u r not doing yourself any justice

Im not sure. Depends on the person's everyday water intake and skin.

Its very hard to tell with water, because it is something you drink everyday, so I don't know if my skin is really getting that much better. I used to drink about 2 liters a day and started to drink almost 3 L a day. I heard it helps with scars to heal the skin, but it seemed like my scars were just healing on their own. I would say the water helped with the way it healed(smooth), but i don't think that it healed any faster. I mean, you should always drink at least 2L a day so if you don't already and nothing works for your skin, 3L of water a day would probably help.

I only drink water

I have never enjoyed soda and stuff like that. Since I was a child, I only drink water, tea and juices. I really recommend water because it cleans up your body from the inside, and also helps your skin with oil control and moisturizing. Drink lots of water everyday and avoid thinks that are bad for your body, it will work!

Good and Bad

Water is good for detoxifying your body and cleaning it. But it alone never really helped with my acne. I still broke out even when drinking lots of water on a daily basis. But it's still a good addition to your battle acne so drink up.

Water - Miracle

I stopped with drinking Coca Cola and Sprite and drinks like that and now it's been 2 months that I am drinking only water and my face is getting better and better. There's no new break outs and that is very important for me. I only drink Coca Cola when I have some stomach problems. Water is the best, believe me!!! There is no such a drink like water is.

Every little helps

It goes without saying that your overall health and your skin go hand in hand, and water is step 1 in being healthy. However, I have had chronic acne and the last thing I want to hear is "Oh just drink 10 gallons of water a day! Your skin will glow!" When I drink a lot of water (and by a lot I mean around 4-6 pints a day) I notice my skin tone is more even, but water alone has never been enough to cure my acne. So yes, chug the stuff, it's great for your body and being hydrated improves your digestion tremendously, which means that all the vitamins and minerals your skin needs can get to your skin and all the toxins and nasty stuff will come out (ahem.) But stop telling people that water is the cure to their acne, if that's the case, they didn't have acne in the first place.

Popular Nutrition/Holistic