Vitamin D (Vitamin D3) reviews

4.2/5 - 49 reviews

Vitafusion Vitamin D3, 2000 IU, Gummy Vitamins, 150 ea
updated: 07/26/2016 03:09 UTC

Vitamin D (Vitamin D3)

Doesn't seem to do much for me
Reviewed on July 5, 2016

I went into D3 thinking that it would be a good addition to my existing skincare regimen. I was cleansing 2x a day, using Dan's BP at night and moisturizer in the morning. My acne was more or less controlled, but I was always fighting 2 or 3 deep, painful pustules at any given time.

The first time I took D3, I took it with fish oil. I noticed a surge in my libido that may or may not have been attributed to the D3. I noticed that over the span of two weeks, remnants from old pimples and red marks began to swell up. One, that had been just a small dot near my right eyebrow, grew to enormous proportions. As soon as I discontinued D3, the swelling subsided. D3 also made me break out around my mouth and near my ears.

I tried D3 several more times, once on its own (no fish oil, as that seemed to exacerbate breakouts) and once with Vitamin A. Each time, it led to my existing pimples swelling up and caused me to break out around my mouth. Another symptom was red, scaly patches that appeared near my temples and on my upper eyelids. The higher the D3 dosage, the sooner these symptoms surfaced.

There were no obvious positive effects - my skin stayed oily, any improvement in mood might have been placebo. I was, of course, disappointed that it didn't work for me as it had for so many other people, and I still think everyone should give D3 supplementation a shot, especially if they spend a lot of time in areas where the sun don't shine.

So far so good!
Reviewed on June 11, 2016

I recently started taking 10,000 IU of Vitamin A and 1,000 IU of Vitamin D3. Whether you believe it or not, after the past 3 days my pimples have cleared up quite nicely. I never really had horrible acne anyways. Of course, there are different solutions for different skin types, so it may not work for you. I have sensitive skin, generally oily around the T zone but overall somewhat oily. I hope the method works and doesn't eventually break me out. For now I recommend; good luck to everyone who will try!

Paired with vitamin A, it's amazing for oily skin
Reviewed on May 25, 2016

Paired with vitamin A, it works wonders for oily skin. I started with 800 iu a day but now I take 2000 iu with 10 000 iu vitamin A. My skin used to be so shiny just an hour after washing my face but this has made it more manageable. Also helps with acne but definitely not a cure all. I do take other supplements which collectively have all helped my skin.

by Sarah97 on 06/01/2016 17:00
What other supplements do you take? And also did you purge from vitamin a with small bumps?
works but needs time
Reviewed on April 10, 2016

3 months ago my derm recommended aknenormin (a generic version of accutane / isotretinoin sold in germany) for my body acne (diagnosed as conglobata at back and chest). I was afraid of the side effects and refused. Then i started with vitamin d3. In the first weeks, it didn't really help my acne, but my mood swings and anxiety disappeared so i continued. After the first month some spots of nodular cystic acne vanished and i started supplementing sillymarin because it's an antioxidant and can help with infections too. Since then my skin has been getting better and better every month. It's not that magical overnight cure that some are writing about, but finally there is something that works. Instead of 5-12 active spots there are now 1-3 active spots. They are smaller and less painful. I visited my derm in a following appointment 2 weeks ago and she said that i don't need isotretinoin anymore. Because of scarring and red marks i'm still far away from clear skin, but i've seen an 70% improvement and thats so much better than anything i achieved with bpo, tea tree oil and other otc products.

short facts;

male, 28 years, 80kg

6500 iu per day since Jan 15th 2016 (plus vit k every 3rd day)

3 caps of sillymarin per day

in good hope to be completely clear at June or July

worked for me
Reviewed on April 2, 2016

First i did a blood test to check my vitamin d deficiency..... I found that i have insufficient vitamin d. After that i take vitamin d supplement to meet my insufficiency. U can check the dosage with your test result through google search.

The final result is amazing....... It really worked for me.

Amazing so far
Reviewed on March 2, 2016

I've been taking 10,000 iu per day for a week and all my cystic and non cystic spots have gone down massively already. Now just waiting on pigmentation to fade. Amazing!!!!!

Hail Vit D3!!!!
Reviewed on December 22, 2015

Definitely working. I had started taking only the vitamin d3 with no other supplements for 1 week and didnt get much result and after that i started taking with omega-3 for almost 2 weeks now n have seen huge results of improvement which i havnt seen post puberty. Have tried all otc products n stuffs u name it. Isotretinoin for 2 courses but had a very bad results for my overall health, so i stopped. Since reading sebumsucks post i have true faith in this supplement and started on this. I am truly grateful for all the influencial posts ive read in this thread. Thnk u all and God Bless. Spread the word.

Reviewed on September 4, 2015

A million times, yes. Make sure to take Magnesium and K2 along with it! It needs both to synthesize and absorb. I take 8-9,000mg daily.

Good for health, but not the cure
Reviewed on July 19, 2015

I have been taking vitamin d3 because i was deficient. No change in acne, but i feel much better.

So good for your overall health but not the cure for acne.

finally content
Reviewed on March 7, 2015

To start I started getting acne in 8th grade really bad t zone acne, forehead and inner cheeks full of red dots, went on tretinoin cream and clindamycin and I was clear... Then winter came around as a freshman and I dealt again with overly dry red dot t zone acne again. I went on doxycycline for 6 months in 9th grade and I had the clearest skin ever in combination with cetaphil and clindamycin.... Went off doxy and broke out horribly, very sad :( but I noticed that after that bad break out when I joined soccer and was out in the sun all day every day I was clearing up ALOT.. Winter comes around again in 10th grade and I break out again.. Feeling hopeless I am prescribed Minocyclin, which thank god I decided not to take. At this time I am using OCM w hemp oil and clarisonic every other day, but It always seemed like it was something inside of me breaking out. My diet has always been meticulous, never drank milk or ate junk food and drank a ton of water. I was so confused and sad because the OCM was breaking me out so bad and I even tried ACV Which never worked either. I was so close to starting antibiotics again bc I was so sad. But I began to think why am I so clear in the summer but never in the winter.. So I started doing research and took vitamin d3 6000 iu and I'm now almost two months in and my skin is so much clearer I really hope this lasts.. I must have been really deficient considering I don't drink any milk, I've also noticed my digestive system has been awesome too.. Has anyone else had an experience like this? My anxiety is finally going away too

by lovekovach130 on 03/07/2015 18:15
I'm now washing my face every night with cerave hydrating cleanser and clarisonic with it every other night.. Clindamycin lotion.