Microdermabrasion reviews

3.5/5 - 84 reviews

Wasn't for me
Reviewed on March 29, 2014

It felt great on the skin especially after finishing the treatment. Skin was smoother and brighter. I started this treatment when I was a teenager (2004/2005) as a first resort to reduce acne scarring.

After 2 months of going for sessions, I noticed no long term difference and it was expensive for me.

But i did love the how my skin felt and looked for awhile after.

Microdermabrasion review 2014
Reviewed on March 17, 2014

I've only had one session so far, but I am planning another session. I have been advised to have microdermabrasion ever 2-3 weeks.

The procedure isn't uncomfortable or painful. I have active acne with a few scars. This treatment hasn't done anything for my scars and I don't expect it to so for my next session I have decided to follow with a glycolic peel 35% this was advised to me to make microsermabrasion more effective.

The reason why I am continuing with microdermabrasion is because I have treatment prescribed by my doctor, it's a topical solution called zineryt lotion and I find that the microdermabrasion makes skin more permeable for this solution to be absorbed into my skin better, this reduces amount if breakouts so avoiding any new scarring. With out medicated treatment such as zineryt lotion or duac I don't know if microdermabrasion alone would benefit me and reduce break outs. But many have said that it prevents breakouts. But regarding fading scars I doubt it will help.

Because microdermabrasion doesn't have amazing results I wouldn't spend a lot if money on it at all, I'd rather use my money on a peel that's going to have noticeable results. I only opted for microdermabrasion because there was a deal on groupon for £14.

The salon I went to offered a deal for £45 for two treatments so I am having microdermabrasion plus the glycolic peel for £45.

Also my immediate results were good, no redness, dryness or itching as a moisturiser was applied straight after by beautician. Days after my skin was glowing but this wasn't a major difference as existing scars were still present.

Worst experience I've ever had
Reviewed on February 19, 2014

I would give anything to go back and not have undergone this procedure. I hope I can advise those of you that are wary of tampering your skin at a young age when it is absolutely unnecessary and also very risky. I am 23 years old and I rarely have any acne issues except for the occasional breakouts. I thought that microdermabrasion would be a nice touch up for my skin and maybe plump up my skin/give me a glow that I needed. The first day or two after my procedure my skin was doing fine. However the worst was yet to come. 5 days later I get the worst acne I've ever had in my entire life. Literally countless zits on my cheeks chin forehead (basically every spot the microdermabrasion has gone over). This procedure has left my face near deformed with all the inflammation and acne. I am currently treating my skin like never before (not even when I hit puberty was it this bad). The result of this treatment has not only made me depressed but appreciate the few breakouts I would get here and there. I can barely leave the house to run any errands and this wretched procedure has seriously disrupted my life. I would give anything to go back to my normal skin and I would never ever recommend microdermabrasion to anyone.

seeing & feeling results!
Reviewed on November 13, 2013

I am 21, I have small breakouts once in awhile, but I also have old acne scars & redness so even though my breakouts are small it looks like I have more pimples than I actually do! Ive had 2 treatment sessions of Diamond Microdermabrasion. I have not seen any significant results BUT I have notice my face is not so red, my skin feels smooth and very clean! And my acne scars are fading lightly more and more after each session! I cant wait for my 3rd session! I will continue until im satisfied, ill make sure to write another review :)

Microdermabrasion review
Reviewed on June 26, 2013

I had microdermabrasion done a few years ago to help smooth out the area where my scars had healed (thanks to the dermaroller). It was really bumpy because of the new skin. I got it done every 2 weeks for about 3 months and then monthly for a few months. My complexion was bright and smooth. After the 3rd treatment, my red spots disappeared. My skin was smooth and the scars I had were less visible. I loved it. It will NOT get rid of indented scars. Had to stop getting treatments because my dermatologist moved to the other side of town (30min. drive) and I can not find any good estheticians on this side of town.

I so wanted to love it.....
Reviewed on June 14, 2013

My acne had "calmed down" for about 10 months, so I felt it was time to work on my scars. I have seen BEAUTIFUL results in other older women from microdermabrasion so I was convinced this would be my miracle. Unfortunately, after only one treatment (I was scheduled for 3) my face broke out in HUGE cystic acne. It is true that micro digs up all the old bacteria and "purges" your face. But it made new, huge, deep scars- completely doing the opposite of what I wanted. I was too scared to try it again, so I did chemical peels instead. Those help, but still not my miracle. In all, I would never so micro ever again.

Reviewed on February 19, 2013

Well it would be nice to go in for 20 min and walk out with absolutely no acne scars but until someone invents a miracle machine i'll be settling for microderm.

I've done 2 treatments so far. I do not see a huge improvement on my scars but before i started treatments i would always have 2-3 active pimples on my face. I'm noticing for at least 2 weeks after treatment i don't get any breakouts. Maybe one but over the course of 2 weeks that's not bad! My skin is smooth, it just feels clean.

I go to a cosmetic center, they use a diamond tipped wand and apply lotion afterwards to calm down the skin. I have no pain when she's working on my face.

I wouldn't recommend for someone with widespread active acne. If you have one or two at the time, it's not bad. But i noticed the one time i had an active pimple the wand and pressure she applied made it like pop under the skin, so there was just a dried-blood color spot there for a few days!

Reviewed on June 22, 2012

I will have 6 treatments.... the sixth is free, would I do again? , maybe.

Reviewed on April 15, 2012

like everything under the sun not everything may work for you. I have sensitive skin and don't really suffer at all with acne,,never did just the usual 3 to 4 bumps under the skin that are like white plug small white heads that you can only notice yourself. i have micro treatments done before and remembered having the worst cystic acne of my life for a few months it eventually went away but i was still never sure of the cause of those breakouts until i had micros done again 2 years later i want to cry in tears because i can only imagine what i might face in the next few months till my skin goes back to its normal self. i have already started noticing new pimples everyday badly as before. i suffered many months with really bad painful cystic bumps because of this treatment. now i know for sure this is what cased it. i am in desperate search for something to curb the breakouts until my skin grows back to normal. i really regret getting these treatments because now i will have to face the consequences for a few months. if anyone experienced this also and found a way to curb the problem please let me know..i just need to get by for a few months

Reviewed on April 9, 2012

So far I have only had one treatment, but I will definitely be continuing with microdermabrasion from now on! The treatment was simple; a little rough feeling, but nothing bad. Initially I noticed my skin was smooth and clean. The next day I definitely saw a reduction of the redness and size of my scarring. This is continuing to improve with each day.

My only recommendations with Micro are to stay out of the sun for extended periods, and try to avoid skin makeups. Makeup tends to accentuate the flakiness...not attractive :P