Vitamin E reviews

4.3/5 - 200 reviews

Life changing!!!!!!!
Reviewed on August 15, 2017

I never normally write reviews but I have to share this with someone. I've ALWAYS struggled with my skin. Acne has caused so many issues with my self esteem over the years and, as a 21 year old, I had started to accept it would never get better...

I've been on Lymecyline for 2 years and various contraceptive pills (some which even caused serious depression) and, although admittedly my skin is much clearer than it once was, I still get the occasional spot, but also the TEXTURE of my skin is horrible - like leather, huge pores and red scars from my acne that are deep in the skin. Makeup just makes it look worse and my skin just looks incredibly dull and dry but also oily :(

I've tried everything and I mean EVERYTHING. Nothing worked... until recently I've been using the "Aztec face mask" (bentonite clay + apple cider vinegar) once a week which seriously gets the sh*t out my pores and stuff. It's seriously amazing guys. But doesn't sort out my dry horrible leather face.

I recently tried vitamin e oil (70,000 iu) randomly and didn't expect anything to happen. Just thought I'd give it a go like I do with everything when it comes to my skin. I woke up the next day and my skin was 100% clearer and brighter!!! I've never seen my skin so bright and glowing! In one night I noticed less acne scarring. Less acne. Smoother pores... it was like a miracle!!!!

I've used it every night since (about 10 days I've been doing it for now) and I honestly look like a different person. I finally can be in front of my bf without makeup!!!!! Anyone on this thread will understand how freeing it is to not wear makeup after years of hiding and I truly believe it is because of vitamin e oil.

I understand everyone's skin is different and it might not work for everyone, especially if you're currently still prone to break outs then this oil might not be for you. However, as a girl who has always been prone to breakouts since the age of 13, I haven't experienced any yet from vitamin e oil.

Please try it!!! :)

Incredible
Reviewed on July 10, 2017

I've suffered with acne all my life, but in the past 12-18 months even more so, with cystic and comedone acne going berserk. It was so difficult to hide with make-up, huge, painful cystic spots, particularly along the jawline. I had read this was a hormonal type, and cut out all dairy, eggs, chicken in case the hormones they're fed were affecting it. I started taking Yazmin contraceptive pill, taking zinc, vitamin D, B vitamins, cutting out chocolate, sugar, fat, not to mention using topical treatments like benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid daily. I never noticed a difference. Then I started supplementing vitamin E. The results were fast; though my acne took a while to clear up, my skin was softer and spots didn't last as long. Then I added vitamin E oil topically - oh my goodness. My skin is bright and clear. I have 1 or 2 spots right now, down from a counted average of 12-15. It even brightens under eye bags and general skin redness. Even the scars look better. I couldn't recommend the combination of supplementation and topical use more highly. I know it won't work for everyone, but after everything I've tried, this is by far the best. I'm so chuffed.

by Erdna on 07/25/2017 18:40
Hey, did it at first feel like your skin is purging, as in more red spots but they healed quicker? Like its making all the "dirt" from below come out faster, thats what it feels like to me - or its actually making it worse for me not sure.
Fingers crossed for Dark Marks on face
Reviewed on June 9, 2017

I'm giving this a try to my face to fade my black marks because it looks terrible.😭 I'll update within 3weeks for the result. Hope will help me to my problem.

by Elisa29 on 08/07/2017 18:19
So how about it so far? Is it good?
It broke me out!
Reviewed on April 23, 2017

After 1 day of using it. I started getting cystic acne. I took 400 IU's per day

I stopped using it. I stopped getting cystic acne.

IM STARTING NOW
Reviewed on April 1, 2017

So i have been taking zinc and vitmain a pills and today wil start taking vitamine pills 400 iu a day alongside the other supplemetns i take, hoepufly this will help my scars and acne fade.

by Maliena xhema on 04/07/2017 09:12
What did happen ?
by acnekid10 on 04/17/2017 16:25
It did help with some scars over time
Used it for acne scars
Reviewed on March 27, 2017

Hey guys! I dont do reviews but I really wanted to share my experience with vitamin e oil.

First off my skin is olive color (im latina) and throughout high school but mostly college Ive always had acne. But what sucks the most is that Im always left with red acne scarring :( Ive tried various OTC products and dermatologist prescriptions and it would help kind of. I finally learned that my problem was mostly due to the type of foundation I was using that caused my breakouts but I needed makeup to cover up my scars...right now Im on mineral powder and its been helping tremendously to stop breakouts. Now to stop the scarring I started to use vitamin e oil every night. I apply a thin layer all over my face and slightly more on those red acne scars. Its been over 6 months and wow I almost have no scars. I really suggest others to try. The thing is try to buy the vitamin e with 45,000 IU or more. At walmart they have a 12,000 IU but found not to help as much. The only website that sells good decent price vitamin e oil is the iherb website just google iherb. I used the jason natural brand and was really good. But now Im going to try the sundown natural with 70,000 IU. I have this discount code LUJ582 for first time buyers.

Take vitamin E with these other vitamins and your skin should clear up ! :D
Reviewed on August 8, 2016

Hi everyone! I have been lurking on these boards for a while now trying to find my almighty cure and I have finally found it thanks to you guys! Im writing this on every vitamin page that I take so I can maybe help someone out that is stuggling with their skin like I was.

Ever since I switched my birth control a few months ago , my skin has gone haywire. I wouldn't say its HORRIBLE, but moderate acne feels horrible to me. I do the oil cleansing method with coconut oil and take zinc which manages it but I still get bumps here and there and it sucks and took a toll on my self esteem.

I read all over that other vitamins can help cure you from the inside. I had nothing else to loose so I thought I might as well try. I bought some NOW brand Vitamin A 25,000 IU tablets, some SPROUTS brand Vitamin E 400 IU and take it with my zinc 50 mg tablets.I take one each after I eat my breakfast. LET ME TELL YOU.... I HAVE NOT HAD ONE BUMP SINCE TAKING THESE!!!!! I am in complete shock! This along side with my habits of drinking lots of water has cleared my skin! So PLEASE, if you are feeling sad and fed up with your skin, just try it you have nothing to loose! :D

EDIT: i bumped my vitamin a intake to 10,000! At 25,000 iu it made my skin quite dry! Best of luck to you all!

by acnekid10 on 04/01/2017 14:14
I'm taking zinc 50 mg twice a day and vitamin a 10000 iu and vitamin e 400iu now hopefully my skin will clear up how long though to see results?
Reviewed on January 11, 2017

I've been taking 400 IU of vitamin E for about a month now. By no means is this a miracle acne solution. However, I have noticed and improvement in the texture of my skin as well as my dark spots fading a little quicker. I will continue taking this because I do like the results. I just have to keep finding more products to help clear my skin as well. I definitely recommend giving this a try :)

by Enne16 on 01/23/2017 13:21
Did you use the pills or applied it on your face?
Good for lightening
Reviewed on December 31, 2016

I take 1-2 (you're really only supposed to take one) 1000 iu vitamin e pills each day. I've been doing so for a little over a month. My skin I clearer, and brighter, but honestly that could be due to any number of things in my acne regimen. I can't say for sure whether or not it is the vitamin e.

However, sometimes I cut a pill open and apply the oil directly to a pimple thats forming/ a scar/ hyperpigmentation. When I apply it to a pimple or a cyst, it comes to a head by the next day. So it will erupt your acne quicker.

When I apple it to my scars, they heal faster. And when I apply it to my dark spots, they lighten overnight. Especially effective if you leave a bandaid on. However, I did not notice that it lessened my number of pimples (nor did it make me breakout). Simply makes them come to a head quicker.

So conclusion: orally taken, I can't really see the results. Topically applied--very good.

for the glo up that u need
Reviewed on December 4, 2016

So like my skin's always ugly and it's been ugly since i was 14!!! I get big red pimples on my cheeks and chin and even forehead and sometimes, when my skin's being really extra i get those huge gross ones with white gooey stuff inside..... TT

Anyway, i really tried everything cheap stuff, prescriptions and even luxury brands!!! They worked for while but then after that my skin will turn back into it's gross natural state.........

BUT!!!! I'm so glad I started using vitamin e! I've been using it for a month now and honestly.... Wow... You know those magazine ads with models that look like they have no make up, but their skin's like soooo dewy and glowy and clear... That's literally what's happening to my skin right now for realllllllllll (but like, i still have some acne scars!!!! THAT'S OKAY BECAUSE I NOTICED THAT EVEN THE SCARS THAT ARE DEEP IN MY SKIN ARE SLOWLY DISAPPEARING AND GETTING SMALLER!!!!!)

So, i just use vit e capsules (i take one after breakfast, daily) and then i use a generic cream cleanser that has salycilic acid and i drink green tea regularly!!! (Exfoliate with a really gentle exfoliator... I use the one by laneige only once a week because if you have acne and u start exfoliating boiiiiiiiiiiiii your skin will really hate you and i learned that through the hard way lol!!!)

Ever since i used this i get less breakouts and if i do get ones.... Their really, really small ones and disappear over night or like after a day!!! My skin is also softer and it's no longer flaky and dry so my foundation doesn't cake up!!! YAY!!!! And like, if you're using stuff like retinol or anything that dries your skin up i feel like vitamin e would work with hydrating your skin!!!

It also helps with kind of stretching your skin?? My mom uses it and her skin looks younger.

Bonus: It makes your hair grow faster!!!!!! Wow!!! Like i've been trying to grow my eyebrow hairs and really they started appearing in the first few weeks!!!!! Eyebrows on fleek and clear skin jesus is real

by radgyal on 01/05/2017 23:39