Vitamin D (Vitamin D3) Reviews

Vitamin D (Vitamin D3)

I don't know

Hello. I have done research for vitamin D levels because I have had a problem with acne for over a dozen years and every year in the summer season my skin is without pimples, smooth. My result is 13.7 ng / ml very low ... I decided and bought in the herbal store vitamin D3 5000 UI from Dr. Brest + K2 from NOW. After 3 days, my acne got worse ... I got more inflammatory and papulous changes :( I am broken ... is this sheep wool lanolin so responsive? I need to supplement this deficiency but I do not know what product ... changes are painful and itchy .. Now I read that maybe it is some allergy to the ingredients in capsules? Will vegan vitamin D3 from Lichen be better? Or maybe instead of capsules, switch to dry tablets? Please help :(

works

Alright, it has been a week I started to take vitamin D3 (5000iu daily) and my skin looks nothing like before, it's so smooth and there is less and less acne (the skin is peeling of) with every day! I have hormonal acne that I take Vitex for (low progesterone), that works great, but only in summer 🤔. I finally put two and two together, yes, it is the vitamin D deficiency I was diagnosed with a year ago! I also found out some informations about progesterone being related to vitamin D and that if you're on progesterone cure, deficiency of vitamin D can decrease it's efficiency. Fingers crossed that it sticks!

Testing (for oily skin)

Day three. 2K with breakfast and 2k with dinner. No difference so far in oil reduction. I'll keep updating this post.

Its been a week and no change. I'll check back in a month.
Well its been a month and absolutely no difference in oil. I suspect most peoples experience with less oil was coincidental. I'll go one more month since I have such a large bottle of vitamin D :)

Not sure

This supplement can slow down your oil production throughout the day. This because especially in winter, your skin makes more oil to take in the amount of vitamin d your body is missing. For me it didn't work for acne though.

Comments

Doesn't hurt to take it, did not break me out

I only take D3 because I live in a place where we hardly get any sun. Also, I started taking it because this website says it is good for you. It does NOT break me out which is good, and gives me good energy.

Comments

Use the tablets not the gelcaps!

Had mild to moderate acne my entire life. At 50 I was fed up and tried Epiduo which helped but did not eliminate my acne. Heard about Vitamin D - and tried the 400 "gel" pills. No results, in fact it seemed to aggravate my acne. My doctor told me my levels of vitamin D were very low so I decided to try it again - purchasing the nature made vitamin d 400 NON GEL tablets and taking two pills per day. Wow! The change in my skin over the next two weeks was nothing short of a miracle. I now have only the random pimple every now and then. I highly recommend trying this out for your acne - the tablets, not the gel pills!

I bought gelcaps a couple days ago and I haven't seen any improvement. I think it wont help me at all. What is recommended dosage for usual tablets?

This works!

I'm posting this review as a cystic acne sufferer for almost 8 years. I went on 2 courses of aaccutane, antibiotics and numerous OTC topical treatments for my acne. But nothing helped like vitamin d3. If your acne is related to hormonal imbalance caused by PCOD or is affected by sugar intake, do try vitamin D3. It works from week 1 itself. I use vitamin D3 4000 iu (2000 IU in the morning+2000 IU at night) along with adapalene topical application at night and my acne is under control for almost 4 months now.

Calms skin

I have suffered with cystic acne for 4 years, that was only controlled when taking antibiotics. Taking Vitamin D has a similar effect as antibiotics; it stops the relentless barrage of boils on my cheeks (very happy about that). I've been taking 10000 iu everyday for little over a week and have been off antibiotics for around 2 months, and had these possitive results -- I intend to reduce my dose to 5000 after a month. Yeah, try it. Definitely has calmed my skin.

IT WORKS OMG

Finally know the cause of acne. Turns out it was vitamin d! I have tried so many natural remedies, to eating clean, changing pillow sheets, cleansers, toners, you name it. Nothing worked, until I came across vitamin d :D. This really works for my acne-prone skin, and I couldn't be more happier. Try it out guys!

Wow! Im currently trying this as well. How many IUs are you taking per day?

Vitamin D3, Zinc or Beta Glucan?

I'm taking beta glucan, zinc and D3 pills for month - two, and there is no single new spot on my skin and it is glowing. Not sure what exactly helped. Year ago, I used beta glucan and D3 as well, but many other things as well - like green tea, clay for drinking, clay and lemon masks, and lot of other teas, not drinking alcohol a lot and eating sugar, green smoothies. My face suddenly became horrible, with a lot of break outs and cysts, then cleared and it was clear for some time., like 2 months. Then I stopped using beta glucan, but continued to use D3 pills. After I stop using D3, my face became inflamed again, so I started using it again at it did not help. This year I started with beta glucan, and D3 but brought some zinc as well. I do eat all I want, mix of fruit and vegetable salads, gluten, white breads and pasta, fried meets and some alcohol and sugar as well, and it seems it is not affecting my face at the moment. Above that, I'm moisturizing face with Argan or Rose hip oil (I used Rose hip oil last year when my face cleared, but I was using it as well when it became inflamed again).

Hey Aidah! If you don't mind me asking, what was your intensity of acne? Like mild, moderate, severe? Also, I've read alot everywhere that zinc is great for acne but some people lose hair and start getting bad side effects because the zinc makes you copper deficient? Have you experienced anything like that? Also..what was your dosages for all three supplements? Sorry for so many questions but I'm so interested by your post!! I've had acne since I was 10 and now I'm 20, desperate for a cure because ive been on antibiotics and retin-a for about 4-5 months and it hasnt made any major break throughs and I still have regular flaming breakouts :( I'd appreciate your reply!:)
@Binabee I have tried Zinc for a long time and like people say, I had really bad hair fall. I had thick hair before taking the supplement but in return, I got real bad hair fall. I'm off it for few months now and I can see that my hair is growing back, I feel relieved.

Best thing I've used in 14 years

I've had acne/ eczema since I was 10. There have been years where it has calmed down but also years where it's full blown cystic acne. Birth control did help so between 16-21 my skin was decent. I had to stop the pill due to other health reasons and I swear over night my skin went from fine to extremely dry and full of all kinds of zits, whiteheads, milia, cysts. Nothing worked except changing my diet. I cut our most animal products and slowly saw an improvement this year. But I was still getting acne and had dry spots. Lately I've been having digestion issues and my vitamin D level was checked. Vitamin D is not part of normal blood test. Turns out my level 12 when 30 is normal. I was told it would've taken years to get that low. There are lots of health complications associated with Vitamin D deficiency one of them is unbalanced hormones which equals skin problems. Six weeks ago I began taking a vitamin D supplement. The first week my skin went from extremely dry to extremely oily (something I'm not used to) but I didn't try to dry it out like old me would've done. I sticked with my normal skincare routine and haven't changed any makeup. It's been six weeks and this morning when I looked in the mirror I actually saw my skin. I only have about two active zits on my face and they are normal whiteheads. Yes, I have lots of scars, but my skin actually looks healthy. I have six weeks left on my high dose prescription of vitamin D then my levels get checked. I encourage anyone with acne to get vitamins and minerals checked. Acne is a result of inflammation somewhere in the body not bad hygiene.

First week you get oily skin but the skin starts to dry out later? Thank you

Vitamin D supplement helped with my acne issue

Let me start with my acne history, I had no to mild acne issue all my life. Last winter, all of sudden my acne issue accelerated. So bad that I started having 2 new painful acne every day. I tried everything, those products reduced the size of acne but could not prevent it. As I was researching abt acne I bumped into this website and learned that VitD could be the cause of the acne. Went to the doctor to get my vitamin D level checked, guess what, I had very low count of vitamin D. No wonder I was feeling so low all the time with crazy mood swings. My doctor recommended 50k ui twice a week. Miracle.. No new acne. My skin started glowing again!! I also take daily one multivitamin. A big thank u to this website n Google.

Supplement cautiously

I'm thinking of trying D3 supplementation for a third time. The first time made my skin worse which I thought could be attributed to a sensitivity to lanolin. The second time I took vegan d3 and supplemented with magnesium as I didn't want my calcium levels to soar. This also made my skin worse which may have been from the magnesium because I have read some testimonials of acne sufferers who wrote that magnesium had the opposite of the desired effect for acne. I also once supplemented with magnesium on its own and it broke me out horribly. The interesting thing with vitamin d is that it increases igf1 which is supposed to be horrible for acne. How does that work?

I used to take 500mg mega magnesium tablets from GNC, they broke me out like crazy

��

So here I am, I was scrolling through this site 1 week ago and came across this I've tried most things for my acne that popped up post birth control: vit C, vit A(noticed pores became smaller and decreased sebum), multivitamins, probiotics, antibiotics(slight decrease in acne), cutting out dairy and wheat(noticed decreased inflammation), herbs, BP & SA(both dried out skin), exfoliation(good for sebum plugs), etc... you get the picture Being a desperate person with acne, I figured what do I have to lose and have been taking 5,000 IU vit D3 for the past 7 days. I didn't have much hope at that point, though I had read of small studies showing benefit for women with PCOS. I don't have PCOS, but have symptoms of it that also happen to mirror vit D deficiency symptoms. I noticed decreased inflammation and less oily skin from day 1. The past week I have had consistently better skin and decreased breakouts, especially from the large, inflamed cysts I tend to have. When I look at my skin, it is usually filled with red, active acne I decided to post this afternoon for my first time on acne.org because my period came with 27 days in my cycle. The norm for women is 28. My normal cycles are usually 32-38 days, so this stuck out me. I'd read that irregular periods were corrected in some women with PCOS taking vit D, this makes me hopeful it is doing something and I'm not imagining it No, I don't think vit D will help everyone. I think it will help people who are deficient in it enough that it is causing their acne to be worse in severity. From what I have read, vit D is involved in controlling the inflammation of sebum plugs. I do not think vit D will give someone crystal clear skin unless their acne is mild. I will update in a couple weeks Remember, it's smart to do everything under a doctor's supervision and vitamins are not to be taken without caution just because they are otc Edit: So it's been only two weeks and it's worked and is working immensely. I have pics if someone could tell me how to upload them on the mobile site

Hello! Do upload a picture on your own account like create a blog or topic and show your progress! I hope to hear from you!

Doesn't seem to do much for me

I went into D3 thinking that it would be a good addition to my existing skincare regimen. I was cleansing 2x a day, using Dan's BP at night and moisturizer in the morning. My acne was more or less controlled, but I was always fighting 2 or 3 deep, painful pustules at any given time. The first time I took D3, I took it with fish oil. I noticed a surge in my libido that may or may not have been attributed to the D3. I noticed that over the span of two weeks, remnants from old pimples and red marks began to swell up. One, that had been just a small dot near my right eyebrow, grew to enormous proportions. As soon as I discontinued D3, the swelling subsided. D3 also made me break out around my mouth and near my ears. I tried D3 several more times, once on its own (no fish oil, as that seemed to exacerbate breakouts) and once with Vitamin A. Each time, it led to my existing pimples swelling up and caused me to break out around my mouth. Another symptom was red, scaly patches that appeared near my temples and on my upper eyelids. The higher the D3 dosage, the sooner these symptoms surfaced. There were no obvious positive effects - my skin stayed oily, any improvement in mood might have been placebo. I was, of course, disappointed that it didn't work for me as it had for so many other people, and I still think everyone should give D3 supplementation a shot, especially if they spend a lot of time in areas where the sun don't shine.

You may find using a vegan d3 more helpful. Some people have a bad reaction to lanolin derived d3
How long you were taking fish oilly vit D ?

So far so good!

I recently started taking 10,000 IU of Vitamin A and 1,000 IU of Vitamin D3. Whether you believe it or not, after the past 3 days my pimples have cleared up quite nicely. I never really had horrible acne anyways. Of course, there are different solutions for different skin types, so it may not work for you. I have sensitive skin, generally oily around the T zone but overall somewhat oily. I hope the method works and doesn't eventually break me out. For now I recommend; good luck to everyone who will try!

Did you consult with a dermatologist for your medication?

Paired with vitamin A, it's amazing for oily skin

Paired with vitamin A, it works wonders for oily skin. I started with 800 iu a day but now I take 2000 iu with 10 000 iu vitamin A. My skin used to be so shiny just an hour after washing my face but this has made it more manageable. Also helps with acne but definitely not a cure all. I do take other supplements which collectively have all helped my skin.

What other supplements do you take? And also did you purge from vitamin a with small bumps?

works but needs time

3 months ago my derm recommended aknenormin (a generic version of accutane / isotretinoin sold in germany) for my body acne (diagnosed as conglobata at back and chest). I was afraid of the side effects and refused. Then i started with vitamin d3. In the first weeks, it didn't really help my acne, but my mood swings and anxiety disappeared so i continued. After the first month some spots of nodular cystic acne vanished and i started supplementing sillymarin because it's an antioxidant and can help with infections too. Since then my skin has been getting better and better every month. It's not that magical overnight cure that some are writing about, but finally there is something that works. Instead of 5-12 active spots there are now 1-3 active spots. They are smaller and less painful. I visited my derm in a following appointment 2 weeks ago and she said that i don't need isotretinoin anymore. Because of scarring and red marks i'm still far away from clear skin, but i've seen an 70% improvement and thats so much better than anything i achieved with bpo, tea tree oil and other otc products. short facts; male, 28 years, 80kg 6500 iu per day since Jan 15th 2016 (plus vit k every 3rd day) 3 caps of sillymarin per day in good hope to be completely clear at June or July

upgraded to 25.000 vitamin d3 20.000 vitamin a vitamin k komplex taken 4 - 5 times a week. the vitamin k komplex only every second time. now im finally clear. over 95% improvement. never thought this was possible without isotretinoin. i know that some of you will be sceptic about the high amount of vitamin a in the mix, but from what i've learned vitamin a does a great job in combination with vitamin d. if you take the dose 4 times a week or every second day you'll end up with a bit more than the 10.000 IU of vitamin a that are known as tolerable upper limit.

worked for me

First i did a blood test to check my vitamin d deficiency..... I found that i have insufficient vitamin d. After that i take vitamin d supplement to meet my insufficiency. U can check the dosage with your test result through google search. The final result is amazing....... It really worked for me.

Hail Vit D3!!!!

Definitely working. I had started taking only the vitamin d3 with no other supplements for 1 week and didnt get much result and after that i started taking with omega-3 for almost 2 weeks now n have seen huge results of improvement which i havnt seen post puberty. Have tried all otc products n stuffs u name it. Isotretinoin for 2 courses but had a very bad results for my overall health, so i stopped. Since reading sebumsucks post i have true faith in this supplement and started on this. I am truly grateful for all the influencial posts ive read in this thread. Thnk u all and God Bless. Spread the word.

Popular Vitamins/Supplements