Vitamin D (Vitamin D3) reviews

4.2/5 - 62 reviews

works
Reviewed on February 12, 2018

Alright, it has been a week I started to take vitamin D3 (5000iu daily) and my skin looks nothing like before, it's so smooth and there is less and less acne (the skin is peeling of) with every day! I have hormonal acne that I take Vitex for (low progesterone), that works great, but only in summer 🤔. I finally put two and two together, yes, it is the vitamin D deficiency I was diagnosed with a year ago! I also found out some informations about progesterone being related to vitamin D and that if you're on progesterone cure, deficiency of vitamin D can decrease it's efficiency. Fingers crossed that it sticks!

Testing (for oily skin)
Reviewed on August 28, 2017

Day three. 2K with breakfast and 2k with dinner. No difference so far in oil reduction. I'll keep updating this post.

by ilovetacos on 09/03/2017 12:45
Its been a week and no change. I'll check back in a month.
by ilovetacos on 09/26/2017 11:53
Well its been a month and absolutely no difference in oil. I suspect most peoples experience with less oil was coincidental. I'll go one more month since I have such a large bottle of vitamin D :)
Not sure
Reviewed on June 26, 2017

This supplement can slow down your oil production throughout the day. This because especially in winter, your skin makes more oil to take in the amount of vitamin d your body is missing. For me it didn't work for acne though.

Doesn't hurt to take it, did not break me out
Reviewed on April 23, 2017

I only take D3 because I live in a place where we hardly get any sun. Also, I started taking it because this website says it is good for you. It does NOT break me out which is good, and gives me good energy.

Use the tablets not the gelcaps!
Reviewed on March 27, 2017

Had mild to moderate acne my entire life. At 50 I was fed up and tried Epiduo which helped but did not eliminate my acne. Heard about Vitamin D - and tried the 400 "gel" pills. No results, in fact it seemed to aggravate my acne. My doctor told me my levels of vitamin D were very low so I decided to try it again - purchasing the nature made vitamin d 400 NON GEL tablets and taking two pills per day. Wow! The change in my skin over the next two weeks was nothing short of a miracle. I now have only the random pimple every now and then. I highly recommend trying this out for your acne - the tablets, not the gel pills!

by Djingilix on 06/22/2017 16:34
I bought gelcaps a couple days ago and I haven't seen any improvement. I think it wont help me at all. What is recommended dosage for usual tablets?
This works!
Reviewed on March 20, 2017

I'm posting this review as a cystic acne sufferer for almost 8 years. I went on 2 courses of aaccutane, antibiotics and numerous OTC topical treatments for my acne. But nothing helped like vitamin d3. If your acne is related to hormonal imbalance caused by PCOD or is affected by sugar intake, do try vitamin D3. It works from week 1 itself. I use vitamin D3 4000 iu (2000 IU in the morning+2000 IU at night) along with adapalene topical application at night and my acne is under control for almost 4 months now.

Calms skin
Reviewed on February 22, 2017

I have suffered with cystic acne for 4 years, that was only controlled when taking antibiotics. Taking Vitamin D has a similar effect as antibiotics; it stops the relentless barrage of boils on my cheeks (very happy about that). I've been taking 10000 iu everyday for little over a week and have been off antibiotics for around 2 months, and had these possitive results -- I intend to reduce my dose to 5000 after a month.

Yeah, try it. Definitely has calmed my skin.

IT WORKS OMG
Reviewed on January 5, 2017

Finally know the cause of acne. Turns out it was vitamin d! I have tried so many natural remedies, to eating clean, changing pillow sheets, cleansers, toners, you name it. Nothing worked, until I came across vitamin d :D. This really works for my acne-prone skin, and I couldn't be more happier. Try it out guys!

by TwoBunnyRabbits on 01/18/2017 00:03
Wow! Im currently trying this as well. How many IUs are you taking per day?
Vitamin D3, Zinc or Beta Glucan?
Reviewed on December 22, 2016

I'm taking beta glucan, zinc and D3 pills for month - two, and there is no single new spot on my skin and it is glowing.

Not sure what exactly helped. Year ago, I used beta glucan and D3 as well, but many other things as well - like

green tea, clay for drinking, clay and lemon masks, and lot of other teas, not drinking alcohol a lot and eating sugar, green smoothies.

My face suddenly became horrible, with a lot of break outs and cysts, then cleared and it was clear for some time., like 2 months.

Then I stopped using beta glucan, but continued to use D3 pills. After I stop using D3, my face became inflamed again, so I

started using it again at it did not help.

This year I started with beta glucan, and D3 but brought some zinc as well.

I do eat all I want, mix of fruit and vegetable salads, gluten, white breads and pasta, fried meets and some alcohol and sugar as well,

and it seems it is not affecting my face at the moment.

Above that, I'm moisturizing face with Argan or Rose hip oil (I used Rose hip oil last year when my face cleared, but I was using it as well when it became inflamed again).

by Binabee on 02/27/2017 06:36
Hey Aidah! If you don't mind me asking, what was your intensity of acne? Like mild, moderate, severe? Also, I've read alot everywhere that zinc is great for acne but some people lose hair and start getting bad side effects because the zinc makes you copper deficient? Have you experienced anything like that? Also..what was your dosages for all three supplements? Sorry for so many questions but I'm so interested by your post!! I've had acne since I was 10 and now I'm 20, desperate for a cure because ive been on antibiotics and retin-a for about 4-5 months and it hasnt made any major break throughs and I still have regular flaming breakouts :( I'd appreciate your reply!:)
Best thing I've used in 14 years
Reviewed on October 28, 2016

I've had acne/ eczema since I was 10. There have been years where it has calmed down but also years where it's full blown cystic acne. Birth control did help so between 16-21 my skin was decent. I had to stop the pill due to other health reasons and I swear over night my skin went from fine to extremely dry and full of all kinds of zits, whiteheads, milia, cysts. Nothing worked except changing my diet. I cut our most animal products and slowly saw an improvement this year. But I was still getting acne and had dry spots. Lately I've been having digestion issues and my vitamin D level was checked. Vitamin D is not part of normal blood test. Turns out my level 12 when 30 is normal. I was told it would've taken years to get that low. There are lots of health complications associated with Vitamin D deficiency one of them is unbalanced hormones which equals skin problems.

Six weeks ago I began taking a vitamin D supplement. The first week my skin went from extremely dry to extremely oily (something I'm not used to) but I didn't try to dry it out like old me would've done. I sticked with my normal skincare routine and haven't changed any makeup. It's been six weeks and this morning when I looked in the mirror I actually saw my skin. I only have about two active zits on my face and they are normal whiteheads. Yes, I have lots of scars, but my skin actually looks healthy. I have six weeks left on my high dose prescription of vitamin D then my levels get checked.

I encourage anyone with acne to get vitamins and minerals checked. Acne is a result of inflammation somewhere in the body not bad hygiene.

by dsandovalb on 03/26/2017 18:42
First week you get oily skin but the skin starts to dry out later? Thank you
Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org