Turmeric Reviews

Turmeric

tumeric gave me wonderful results

I never use to have acne on my body it started since recently on my chest i tried everything then I reasearched and found out about tumeric I mixed the tumeric powder with coconut oil and it worked trust me

Comments

turmeric ingestion controlled my acne

I have been taking approximately 500 mg of turmeric with black pepper everyday at breakfast for several months now. This and cicaplast are the only things that have consistently worked on my acne so far. It is very important to add the freshly grated black pepper, without it it won't be absorbed. I used to have cystic hormonal acne all over my face. Huge inflammed bumps that never went away but also white and black heads. All sorts, actually. They hit me after I turned 35 and I have been struggling with them ever since. I am now 38. I still get some of it during the pre-mentrual phase, but they are small and fade away quickly. My skin is not only mostly acne free but also smoother and more even. On top of that, turmeric is a great antidepressant and I have felt much better efter I started taking it.

Comments

First try, got few small acne

I applied this mask last night and i feel burning on my face but later the burning slow down after 10 mins. This morning i got a few small acne with white spot on them. Im going to try this mask every day for a week and update the results later.

hey, any update?

Trust in turmeric - but be consistent and take it the correct way

Genetic, lifestyle and environmental factors are unavoidable and they are like the trifecta for triggering inflammation based cystic acne. So any long term sustainable "cure" is going to be something that you ingest. I'm sure there are topical uses that are somewhat effective, but the only point in treating cystic spots is to prevent them, because they leave long term scarring and damage and that spot is forever prone to inflammation even after the cyst is gone. Turmeric is only fat soluble. So if you're drinking or eating it without fat, you're not absorbing it. The easiest way to do this is with a tumeric and nut milk latte every morning. Make sure its not bulked up with filler soy milk or loads of water, it should be a thick and pulpy type of nut milk. Also - the turmeric should be fresh. Yes, peeling and grating the bulbs dyes your hands for about a day, but just grate a handful and put it in tupperware and it should last a month. Use a teaspoon to make a latte. The dry powder is usually old and processed and the cumminoid levels and quality will be so low its pointless. Also, in the short term to treat cystic bumps, I cannot stress this enough: water, water, water, ibuprofen (take and spot treat with a paste), water, repeat. Also, I noticed that very very very gentle massaging on the hardened area helps reduces the scar tissue and helps the pus drain and blood flow to help your skin repair. Feels counter intuitive but that hardening and swelling is not good past a certain point, its blowing up a crater in your dermis basically. Also, coffee and caffeine, yes including green tea and coke zero and even cocoa, is not your friend. Its super inflammatory. If you have to drink it because you need it, take ibuprofen and drink a looot of water before and after. I had cystic spots and acne for about ten years and the consistent use of turmeric latte saw them disappear. I still have problems with hormonal fluctuations and surface problems with my skin but cysts have been gone for good. Obviously there are a few other things you can do to help the whole process (exercise - the sweating kind, no drugs or cigarettes, organic plant heavy diet etc) but those are normal things everyone should be doing for base line health but the cysts are a not a normal thing so needs special targetting - the lattes. Give it a month. You'll see a difference.

Also an amazing immediate fix is rubbing an aloe leaf on your face. Just slice off the leaf and leave plenty of the "slime" on there. Let it completely dry. Redness will be gone.

Acne treatment after using turmeric mask

Can I use acne treatment after I wash off turmeric mask?

Comments

First time to try turmeric as a mask

OMG! There's another 5 breakouts again..1 in my forehead 1 in my left cheek and 3 in my chin,the pus is so disgusting,I can't ecen look at my face in the mirror I was so frustrated then I searched on google about turmerics how it fights acne, then I read some of the reviews here in acne.org I signed up..I tried my first time turmeric mask, just turmeric I bought in city super, then lukewarm water, let's see what will happen..

Help?

I have a tan on my forehead and nose that I would like to get rid of. I know turmeric is good for lightening but what other ingredient should I use with it? Also, I have a lot of cheek pimples and redness.

MILK?

Can i still use this with milk if i have acne prone skin? I want to lighten so I want to add milk, but i dont want it to irritate my skin since i have acne prone skin

I would not recommend milk. Rather try using plain yogurt with turmeric.

Turmeric Mask - Loving it so far!

I have had adult for almost 3 years now (since I turned 22) and I have tried many different things to help. I have only done 3 turmeric masks so far, but the results have been amazing! I was sceptical but with all the great reviews thought it's worth a try. After the first mask, I didn't notice much of a difference and the next day I still had a few new spots (as usual). After the second mask, the next day the new spots that appeared the day before had almost gone already! No swelling or redness, I was amazed. And after the 3rd and today, I only had one very small pimple and all other spots had gone right down. My skin is the best it has looked in ages! Also the red marks left from old spots are a lot less noticeable. I realised as I barely had to use concealer before applying my mineral make up, where as usually I would go round my whole face basically with concealer first. I'm very excited to carry on and hope it continues to improve and prevent new spots. I will use every day for a week, then I'll change to every other day. My Mask: 1tsp Turmeric Powder 2tsp Honey (if I have some left over then I put in the fridge. Add a few drips of milk if it hardens in the fridge before applying the next day) Mix into a paste and apply for 20mins (I don't leave on for much longer as the staining is harder to remove, if it does stain your skin then coconut oil is good to remove the colour) I have decided to ditch all other products for the time being (was using dermalogica) and things I have noticed from just using the mask is 1. I don't need to moisturise after, normally any products/masks leave my skin feeling dry after washing off with water. Although I do use a small amount of bio oil anyway to help with scars. 2. Usually by mid day my T-zone would get shiny/oily, but this hasn't been the case. I go the whole day without it getting shiny woohoo. I will update in another week or so. For anyone thinking of trying it, it's definitely worth a try!! I love it =)

Hey there. Do you have an update and mind uploading pics? I just started with a honey/turmeric mixture today. Also, do you have another alternative to cleaning stains with coconut oil? I love coconut oil but putting it on my face breaks me out.

Mask

Can i use tumeric with yogurt everyday? Please. Is it good to fight acne and to treat acne? I've been suffering cheeks acne! 😭😭😭😭😭 Is this really effective mask to use to treat them! 😭😭😭😭 My acne always breakouts in my cheeks and chin only. 😭😭

You should mask 3 times per week. from my experience
Cheek acne is a food allergy of some sort. Its most likely dairy or gluten. In some cases its oils. I have heard of chocolate also causing cheek pimples. Chin acne is hormonal. And forehead pimples are related to stress. Nose pimples are blocked pores. I hope you find the right treatment for you..
Hello I also get chin and cheek acne and found what helps me is mixing turmeric with plain yogurt and bentonite clay to make a mask which I applied every day to my cheeks and chin. It really helps with acne and hyperpigmentation. Also I recommend buying alcoholic disinfectant wipes to wipe your phone screen so that germs don't transfer and change pillow sheets often(preferably use silk sheets).

turmeric mask

can i used turmeric mask every day ?? it is bad or its fine ?? i just started using it now . im thinking to use it everyday to see the fast result !! - can someone reply ☺ if its good to use everyday or not . thanks

its fine mosy women from india use it evryday. that is why indians have such glowing nice skin

Brown spots & open pores

Love it!! - Tried the tumeric, honey, almond oil & milk and the results are mind blowing. Thx you guy, I was about to spend hundreds on facial products.

Yeah id like to know aswell. And can you use almond or soy milk instead of dairy?

It's works

I use once a week after I clean up my face with Physiogel cleanser and i apply Turmeric with my finger to my face and i wait more or less 20 minutes until I feel turmeric dry, I give a little water in my palm and I scrub my face circular And i wash with lukewarm water then drying with towel, results so Great my face feel very clean my comedo get gone.

Do you make it into a paste before putting it on your face or just add a little water into the turmeric powder to make the paste and then apply it.

Get it!

I had acne since 5 years now. My skin is VERY sensitive and I've had blemishes for 5 years too. Tried proactiv, neutrogena, cetaphyl, microderm facial, you name it! NOTHING worked. NOTHING. It has been 4 days now since I started having turmeric in my life and guess what? I see a difference! My skin has toned down quite a lot and my skin complexion has gone brighter as well! Here's what I do: 1) Turmeric detox solution: - less than half tsp of turmeric powder - lemon (half) - 1 tsp of honey I mix this all in hot water then drink it. Every night or morning. 2) Turmeric face mask: - less than half tsp of turmeric powder - lemon (half) - 1 tsp of honey I mix this all and create a mask. I put it on for... 20 mins? Then I wash it all off. When your skin is breaking out, it's because your body is trying to tell you something. Don't tone it down with creams and pills. Go for a more healthier option!

Do you have to add the lemon (to both) or can I leave it out?

I love it !

Before three months I started to have some serious hormonal cystic acne and of course it left me scars. I was doing a lot of things for it with expensive creams and soaps etc. I said to myself that I will try to find some home natural remedies and this is just jackpot. I used it two times and I saw so big diffrerence in my skin. It was shiny, soft, beautiful and redness go away. I repeat it every day, sometimes with lemon juice, sometimes without. I mix honey and tumeric, put it on my face and leave it 20-30 minutes. After I clean it with water ( (goes very easy) and let my skin relax. It's perfect and I repeat it every day in the afternoon. Sometimes I also add lemon juice for my scars but that's up to you. Recommend 1000000%��

help me frds

i applied turmeric ..first acne got reduced .but later it got inceased?what is the reason help me frends

you more than likely are detoxing

My own twist on this mask

I have been making my own face mask for awhile now, just kinda off the top of my head. I picked up turmeric capsules and magnesium supplements. I take them both every night before bed and I make mask of them with witch hazel. Turmeric Mask- one open capsule of turmeric about 1 teaspoon of witch hazel and tiny bit of honey I use this mask 3 nights a week and apply it before bed for 20 minutes. If I need a spot treatment I skip the honey and use just the turmeric and witch hazel on the problem area and leave it one over night. It reduces redness and I have noticed my acne somewhat go away. (ALL MY ACNE IS OPEN THO, I can't leave my face alone.) Magnesium Scrub - 4 magnesium supplements crushed witch hazel cinnamon (This is harder to make a past out of and it super messy but just keep mixing and it'll work) This is a scrub, I scrub it on for 5 minutes and leave for 5 minutes. Then wash off and apply witch hazel as a toner. This has left my skin feeling very very soft and awoke. Now besides this two homemade mask I've made, I also use dial soap and water to wash/clean/remove makeup everyday.

may I use raw turmeric instead of powder?
may I use raw turmeric instead of powder?

Works EVERY time

This mask leaves you with clear, clean and soft skin. It rejuvenates and restores your skin. Probably the best remedy for your skin, plus, it is all natural! My acne scars began to disappear after around a month of usage! Here is my secret recipe! 2 tablespoons of gram flour (also known as besan or chickpea flour) 1 tablespoon of turmeric (ground) 1 tablespoon of honey (clear honey or manuka) Enough water to turn the mask into a thick orange paste Method Mix the dry ingredients together (gram flour and turmeric) using a fork Mix in the honey Add enough water to turn the dry mix into a mask consistency Hope this helps! I am able to provide pictures and answer any appropriate questions UPDATE! ADD IN THREE DROPS OF OLIVE OIL FOR EVEN BETTER RESULTS AND REPEAT MASK EACH NIGHT UNTIL SKIN IS HEALED. if you do not have time, repeat every other night. this mask also controls oil Good luck!

How frequent can we use this and can we make it in large quantity and store in the fridge?Also is it for all skin types?

Observing new zits!

I have been using honey and turmeric paste since last 4 days. On the first day, I observed a little improvement in the redness, I thought it is working for my skin. I applied the same paste on my skin after washing with Neutrogena Oil free acne wash, I did this for 4 days. But I am observing several new painful zits popping out of my skin. Should I continue applying the same paste or is there any other technique to apply the paste? Please advice.

I think its because you're overdoing it. Only use the mask 2 times per week and maybe you can add other ingredients such as plain yogurt, rice flour/gram flour to complete the formula.
Hi what did you make the mask out of?

Worked very well for me!

I cannot recommend this enough. I had my reservations about rubbing turmeric over my face, but it really helped a lot. I used to get a lot of very inflamed acne all over my face, but now only get the occasional small ones here or there (though I still have scarring). It's not a miracle cure (I still have some acne) but it has definitely improved my skin a lot. It didn't stain my face, though I am somewhat tan, so if you are pale I would recommend being prepared for that. Also, I have also began a facial scrub of sugar and lemon in conjunction with this, so that could be helping too. I now do: Wash face (I use neutrogina hydrating wash) -1 tbsp brown sugar + 1 tsp lemon juice rub onto face, rinse off after a few seconds dry w/clean towel -mix 1/4-1/2 tsp turmeric w/approx 1 tbsp honey rub all over face, leave for 10-20 min (I'd do less, if you are paler though) Rinse, dry again use nightly cream (I have a medicated cream I use as well, though it didn't do much until I started using the face scrub/turmeric) Doing this has really helped me, I am now reconsidering trying BC at all at risk of messing with my face, I hope this helps!

MY NEW DAILY MASK

I've been using turmeric for about 3 days and today I think I noticed a difference. My face seemed to glow and my pimple redness is no where near to how it used to be last week. I use everyday for as long as I can and put coconut oil all over my face afterwards because my skin is really dry. O, and even put this stuff on my arms to whiten.

fab!

IT WORKS WELL FOR ME. MY ACNE HAS BEEN REDUCED. MY ACNE SCARS AS WELL. MY SKIN IS FLAWLESS AND GLOWING. IT EVEN MAKES MY SKIN BRIGHTEN UP A LITTLE. YOU WILL NEED; TUMERIC POWDER YOGURT (natural) HONEY ALL PURPOSE FLOUR / RICE FLOUR PUT IT ON FOR 15-20 MINS AND WASH IT OFF. THE BEST REMEDY FOR ACNE EVER!

incredible!!

I find that a thick paste of turmeric and honey applied overnight on a zit greatly reduces scarring and redness. Of course, turmeric stains absolutely everything, but I'm willing to put up with it for what it does for my skin!

you left it on overnight?? didnt it dry your skin out

Removes redness

Turmeric is great for my redness, my skin immediatley gets calmer and less red and irritated. Doesn't heal my acne though

must try!

Turmeric is incredible! When I use this as a mask (once per week) my skin glows and the tone is very even! I usually mix about a teaspoon with enough honey to spread evenly over my entire face, leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes, and simply wash off with warm water.

Popular Household/Natural