Turmeric reviews

4.3/5 - 76 reviews

Turmeric

Acne treatment after using turmeric mask
Reviewed on September 9, 2017

Can I use acne treatment after I wash off turmeric mask?

First time to try turmeric as a mask
Reviewed on September 3, 2017

OMG! There's another 5 breakouts again..1 in my forehead 1 in my left cheek and 3 in my chin,the pus is so disgusting,I can't ecen look at my face in the mirror I was so frustrated then I searched on google about turmerics how it fights acne, then I read some of the reviews here in acne.org I signed up..I tried my first time turmeric mask, just turmeric I bought in city super, then lukewarm water, let's see what will happen..

Help?
Reviewed on August 10, 2017

I have a tan on my forehead and nose that I would like to get rid of. I know turmeric is good for lightening but what other ingredient should I use with it? Also, I have a lot of cheek pimples and redness.

MILK?
Reviewed on May 2, 2017

Can i still use this with milk if i have acne prone skin? I want to lighten so I want to add milk, but i dont want it to irritate my skin since i have acne prone skin

by Indianwithacne on 05/21/2017 07:34
I would not recommend milk. Rather try using plain yogurt with turmeric.
Turmeric Mask - Loving it so far!
Reviewed on April 13, 2017

I have had adult for almost 3 years now (since I turned 22) and I have tried many different things to help.

I have only done 3 turmeric masks so far, but the results have been amazing! I was sceptical but with all the great reviews thought it's worth a try.

After the first mask, I didn't notice much of a difference and the next day I still had a few new spots (as usual). After the second mask, the next day the new spots that appeared the day before had almost gone already! No swelling or redness, I was amazed. And after the 3rd and today, I only had one very small pimple and all other spots had gone right down. My skin is the best it has looked in ages! Also the red marks left from old spots are a lot less noticeable. I realised as I barely had to use concealer before applying my mineral make up, where as usually I would go round my whole face basically with concealer first. I'm very excited to carry on and hope it continues to improve and prevent new spots. I will use every day for a week, then I'll change to every other day.

My Mask:

1tsp Turmeric Powder

2tsp Honey

(if I have some left over then I put in the fridge. Add a few drips of milk if it hardens in the fridge before applying the next day)

Mix into a paste and apply for 20mins (I don't leave on for much longer as the staining is harder to remove, if it does stain your skin then coconut oil is good to remove the colour)

I have decided to ditch all other products for the time being (was using dermalogica) and things I have noticed from just using the mask is 1. I don't need to moisturise after, normally any products/masks leave my skin feeling dry after washing off with water. Although I do use a small amount of bio oil anyway to help with scars.

2. Usually by mid day my T-zone would get shiny/oily, but this hasn't been the case. I go the whole day without it getting shiny woohoo.

I will update in another week or so. For anyone thinking of trying it, it's definitely worth a try!! I love it =)

by lechaflan on 05/20/2017 14:34
Hey there. Do you have an update and mind uploading pics? I just started with a honey/turmeric mixture today. Also, do you have another alternative to cleaning stains with coconut oil? I love coconut oil but putting it on my face breaks me out.
Mask
Reviewed on March 7, 2017

Can i use tumeric with yogurt everyday? Please. Is it good to fight acne and to treat acne? I've been suffering cheeks acne! 😭😭😭😭😭 Is this really effective mask to use to treat them! 😭😭😭😭 My acne always breakouts in my cheeks and chin only. 😭😭

by phuonganh_232 on 03/09/2017 18:36
You should mask 3 times per week. from my experience
by Aqtpetootie on 05/17/2017 16:12
Cheek acne is a food allergy of some sort. Its most likely dairy or gluten. In some cases its oils. I have heard of chocolate also causing cheek pimples. Chin acne is hormonal. And forehead pimples are related to stress. Nose pimples are blocked pores. I hope you find the right treatment for you..
by Indianwithacne on 05/21/2017 07:38
Hello I also get chin and cheek acne and found what helps me is mixing turmeric with plain yogurt and bentonite clay to make a mask which I applied every day to my cheeks and chin. It really helps with acne and hyperpigmentation. Also I recommend buying alcoholic disinfectant wipes to wipe your phone screen so that germs don't transfer and change pillow sheets often(preferably use silk sheets).
turmeric mask
Reviewed on January 24, 2017

can i used turmeric mask every day ?? it is bad or its fine ??

i just started using it now . im thinking to use it everyday to see the fast result !!

can someone reply ☺ if its good to use everyday or not . thanks

by youngcashmoney on 01/31/2017 23:06
its fine mosy women from india use it evryday. that is why indians have such glowing nice skin
Brown spots & open pores
Reviewed on November 11, 2016

Love it!! - Tried the tumeric, honey, almond oil & milk and the results are mind blowing. Thx you guy, I was about to spend hundreds on facial products.

by getridofmyblemish on 02/05/2017 19:06
what was your recipe for ur mask?
by Rachie39 on 03/13/2017 01:28
Yeah id like to know aswell. And can you use almond or soy milk instead of dairy?
It's works
Reviewed on October 21, 2016

I use once a week after I clean up my face with Physiogel cleanser and i apply Turmeric with my finger to my face and i wait more or less 20 minutes until I feel turmeric dry, I give a little water in my palm and I scrub my face circular And i wash with lukewarm water then drying with towel, results so Great my face feel very clean my comedo get gone.

by Rachie39 on 03/13/2017 01:29
Do you make it into a paste before putting it on your face or just add a little water into the turmeric powder to make the paste and then apply it.
Get it!
Reviewed on October 20, 2016

I had acne since 5 years now. My skin is VERY sensitive and I've had blemishes for 5 years too. Tried proactiv, neutrogena, cetaphyl, microderm facial, you name it! NOTHING worked. NOTHING. It has been 4 days now since I started having turmeric in my life and guess what? I see a difference! My skin has toned down quite a lot and my skin complexion has gone brighter as well! Here's what I do:

1) Turmeric detox solution:

less than half tsp of turmeric powder

lemon (half)

1 tsp of honey

I mix this all in hot water then drink it. Every night or morning.

2) Turmeric face mask:

less than half tsp of turmeric powder

lemon (half)

1 tsp of honey

I mix this all and create a mask. I put it on for... 20 mins? Then I wash it all off.

When your skin is breaking out, it's because your body is trying to tell you something. Don't tone it down with creams and pills. Go for a more healthier option!

by Rachie39 on 03/13/2017 01:32
Do you have to add the lemon (to both) or can I leave it out?