The total cost of skin needling/rolling may vary widely from $20 up to $2500. You can perform the procedure on yourself at home multiple times for as little as $20. On the other hand, undergoing 5 sessions of skin needling at a medical facility in an expensive city may cost as much as $2500.
Skin needling is considered to be a cosmetic procedure, so your health insurance is unlikely to cover the cost.
The total cost of skin needling depends on where the procedure is performed:
- If you perform skin needling at home: The cheapest way to undergo skin needling is to do it yourself at home. In this case, the only costs will be:
- Price of the needling tool: The cheapest rollers on the market cost about $15. A high-end motorized needling pen may cost up to $150.
- Price of numbing cream (optional): If you decide to use a numbing cream, the cheapest over-the-counter product will cost about $5.
However, having an experienced doctor perform skin needling is much safer than doing it at home. If you do decide to perform needling yourself, first consult a doctor to make sure it is safe in your case.
- If you undergo skin needling at a medical facility: Having a doctor perform skin needling is safer and can be drastically more effective, but also more expensive. The costs of the procedure will depend on:
- Geographic location of medical facility: Skin needling is more expensive in some cities and countries than in others.
- Physician’s experience: Doctors who have more experience with needling may charge a higher fee.
- Size of skin area to be treated: The larger the area of skin that will be treated with needling, the higher the price is likely to be.
- Number of treatments: Doctors typically perform 3-5 skin needling treatments for acne scars. Since doctors usually charge per treatment, the more treatments, the higher the costs will be.
If you decide to have a doctor treat you with skin needling, ask multiple doctors for their price estimates before scheduling a treatment.