Sea Salt Reviews

Sea Salt

LOVE IT

It's been almost two weeks since I started using sea salt on my face and I can def see a difference. I've always had pore acne, not too bad but I can't go out without make up, also everytime I get my period at leats I get two medium size zits... These past days I've seen and felt my skin so smooth (that never happened to me before) and not oily at all (that is also one of my biggest problems). I totally recommend it!!!! Give it a try!!! PS. I use it twice a day (after taking a shower in the morning and at night after removing my make up).

2 days in with great results

Hi! On my way back from a vacation to Florida, I thought about how the ocean made my skin clear up. (My skin has been THE WORST it has been in a really long time...and I blame it on Clinique’s 3 step system for oily skin AND I blame myself bc I didn’t make sure that it didn’t have salicylic acid it in, which it does and which always Fs up my face!) Anyway, I’ve always noticed that the ocean made my acne better. Btw, I’m almost 30 and have oily skin. So I thought, what if I put salt water on my skin? I didn’t know if that was a thing or not, but I googled it and found that it is and LOTS of people say it works. I’m kind of annoyed bc I’ve tried sooo many different products, some from Sephora which have been really expensive, when my entire life I’ve known that SALT WATER clears my face. The cheapest fricken thing. Ugh. So I bought Himalayan pink sea salt from thsalt grocery store (by the spices) for $5...it’s about th size of a can of soda. I boiled water, put 1 cup in a mug, added 3 spoonfuls salt, mixed it until it dissolved and poured it into a spray bottl that I got from the travel section a the grocery store. I’ve sprayed it on my skin, let it dry, wait 5-10 minutes and then washed it off with water, 2x a day. Then put lotion on. Also- I washed my face beforehand. TWO DAYS PEOPLE AND MY SKIN HAS IMPROVED SO MUCH. I really hope that this is “it” for me!!!

Comments

By far the easiest, gentlest and most effective treatment

This is honestly a god-send! I suffer from deep hormonal acne on my chin (not super severe but has gotten progressively worse over the last four months) along with some small surface bumps. I have tried SO many methods from harsh cleansers, almond oil, sugar scrubs, antiseptic creams, tea tree oil, mud masks, honey masks, EVERYTHING and nothing has been successful. If anything, these have made it worse. I started using the sea salt method four days ago and it is already making a massive difference. I have four or five large red, painful cystic acne spots on my chin and they have now either come to a head (and been squeezed) or have gone down significantly. It doesn't dry my skin out (surprisingly!) and feels very calming and natural. The salt is an antibacterial AND drying agent, without stripping the skin so its been wonderful. My method: Fill a small mug with warm tap water - around 3/4 cup (doesn't need to be boiling! just warm enough to dissolve the salt). Add 1 level teaspoon of salt. I use iodised sea salt (the big chunky crystals of sea salt) from the supermarket. Mix it in until dissolved. Make sure face is clean and dry and hands are also clean! Dip your fingers into the salt water and massage the problem areas. Keep dipping and massaging for around 2 minutes! Then pour the rest of the water onto the problem areas and let it air dry (no not rub off with a towel!). Let the salt stay on the skin for as long as possible (a few hours or even overnight is ideal!) and then rinse with clean fresh water. The redness should go down and the skin should feel clean and dirt free. Cannot recommend this enough!

Sea salt OCEAN WATER

I've been traveling to Florida & I get fresh sea salt water from the OCEAN. I bring it home in water jugs. I boil the WATER for 30 minutes. Then, I pore it INTO a spray bottle, after it cools. I use it on my face & neck, I spray on morning & night time. So far the results ARE Amazing! I have a skin disease & this is by far the BEST Remedy, I've EVER USED for my skin condition. I will continue using OCEAN water & doing my observation. So far So good. HAPPY New Year!���🎉🎉🎉

A nice addition

I only use sea salt dissolved in water a couple times a week and sometimes follow the application with moisturizer, depending on how my skin feels, but I believe the sea salt helps with my existing pimples and also tempers upcoming acne. It's such an easy-peasy thing to try that while it hasn't vanished my acne, it was definitely worth a shot. Contrary to my expectations sea saltwater didn't sting/burn, made my face horribly red, or make my skin unbearably dry. Just one more little piece in the puzzle of controlling my acne, and I'll take all the pieces I can get.

Comments

The ONLY thing that helps me!!

I'm one of those cliche people that have tried "everything." I have hormonal acne which is sometimes cystic, most of the times just painful zits that eventually come to a head after several days. Also, since about May, my cheeks have become extremely dry. Like thick, chunky dry skin. Which is odd for me since I've always had oily skin. I was reluctant to try this sea salt remedy because I didn't want it to dry my skin, so I started using it as a spot treatment. It works WONDERS. I've struggled with hormonal acne since I started my period in high school and I've NEVER found anything that helps me. I find that if the zit is small, like a tiny clogged pore, it dries up before my work day is over. If it's a cystic or larger zit, I apply the sea salt water about 3 times a day and it will be a head by the next day. I'm from the south so even on perfect days, the humidity is at 70% or higher. I recently went to New Mexico and whatever dry skin I had amplified. I started using sea salt water as a toner twice a day and my dry skin is GONE. This remedy may not help prevent acne 100%, especially hormonal. Personally, I dont think anything can prevent hormonal acne at those times of the month. But it definitely helps when you do get acne and helps with dry or fungal problems you may have. I give this a 5 star rating because it's the ONLY thing that topical that has EVER cleared my skin!

Comments

I'm using sea salt for seborrheic dermatitis (aka facial fungus/yeast/dandruff) AND acne

So let me start by saying I'm 45 years old, have had acne issues since my tween years, have tried most everything. Before I get into the sea salt I'd like to say when I quit smoking and using any form of nicotine that got rid of at least 50% of my acne issues right there. Still its abit of a problem however minor now. My new problem that's come up in the last 3 years is the facial dandruff. I don't have it on my scalp just my face. It started around the mouth area and has to spread to pretty much the entire face. I've tried several prescriptions from the derm, lots of natural things like essential oils. Some of it helped, some not. I read a blog where someone swore by sea salt and I"m like what the heck, I have that in my kitchen let's give it a shot. I love how my face looks and feels! Like other reviewers have said, redness has gone down, black heads seem to purge out the hard oil, and acne goes away. Strangely it doesn't dry out your face (issue I've had with prescription drugs). I am sticking with this for sure to see how it performs in the long run, but so far it has improved the appearance of my face and the facial dandruff is mostly gone. Sadly I"ve had stuff work and over time it quit working, I'll have to see if that's the case with sea salt, I hope not!

Thank you for this comment! It was very helpful, as I have a similar issue. I have a few questions. How do you apply the sea salt? How much salt do you use? How long time did it take until you noticed a significant difference?

Take a swim at the beach!

I didn't grow up near a beach but while studying abroad, I lived close to one and I was at the beach all day, every day. It worked MIRACLES on my skin!! I mean, I was getting compliments left and right and was always being asked what I did. That had never ever happened to me before so the sea salt had to be the cause. It dries up acne within that same day of going to the beach!!!! Also, if you picked and got a scab, tap some sea salt mixed with a bit of water on it and it'll heal in no time! I will definitely be living near a beach after graduation so that I can have clear skin 5ever. Whats even better is that it costs nothing! Stop getting those $100 peels and just go for a swim!

Ocean trip

I've been struggling with acne for about 10 years now (I'm 24 years old). I have very oily skin and a lot of redness in my cheeks. I've tried every kind of wash and toner I can think of and have spent hundreds of dollars in the past year alone on washes, toners, moisturizers, and face masks. Recently I went to visit a friend at the beach and after 12 hours of driving my skin was oily and shiny. We went to the beach (without showering) and when we got back to the car about 2 hours later, my redness was completely gone. I bought a jar and took some salt water home to use and I haven't had a white head in 3 days! My face is less red and it has even pushed my blackheads to the surface so that they sort of just come out with a little rubbing. This is the best thing to ever happen to me and I definitely recommend giving it a try. I put my water in a spray bottle and just soak a cotton ball to apply. I leave it on all night since my skin is so oily, and I don't have any drying issues. I can't believe good skin was so easy to obtain!

Why did you grab a jar from the ocean when you can just mix regular salt with water?

So glad I decided to try this

I don't apply the water/sea salt solution all over my face but in areas that I get the occasional cyst or whitehead and they'll be gone within 1-3 days :) I'm glad I opted for this and ditched the harsh cleaners to just treat certain areas (my cheeks mainly). I've been using gentle cleansers and this to kill any acne bacteria and my face has been improving nicely ^^ Still got a slight hyper-pigmentation problem but most of those marks have faded

Comments

unbelievable results for such a simple thing

After a decade of fighting acne, the Acne.org regimen worked for me over the past 3 years or so. However, earlier this year the BP quit working as well for some reason-- tho my face gets much worse if i stop using it completely. I randomly decided to try the saltwater routine, and I kid you not it started working day one. Cysts formed heads, small bumps dried out, no reddened face or other complaints. I've been using it every time I wash my face for a week and I'm totally clear again. Recipe: boil water, add sea salt until it stops dissolving, let cool, place in spray bottle in fridge My routine: wash face am and pm, apply salt water by spraying a paper towel and dabbing face, let dry and apply acne.org bp/moisturizer.

Excellent!!

I use this as a toner after using my dove bar every two days. It's definitely helped my spots and leaves my skin feeling clean. However this is drying so I can only use it every second day. I fill a glass full with very hot water and pour some sea salt from marks and spencer ( a supermarket ) and wait until i have finished cleansing.Then I simply pour some cold water in the glass and pour it over my face. I rub it in and wash off with cold water. Wouldn't reccomend for very dry skin unless you have a good moisturiser but anyone else should try it

Its helping!

I am almost 16, have naturally oily skin and had problems with acne since the 7th grade. Days ago I started to use this home rhemedy of sea salt and water, putting it in a spray bottle and spraying my face, leaving it on overnight. It seems to be helping already, aside from the Clean & Clean blackhead eraser scrub... I was wondering though if I should continue on using the facewash or should stick to sea salt water.. It wasn't cheap though and I'm expected to use it.. But I was just wondering.. Any suggestions?

Maybe you could try the sea salt for a week or two, and then switch to the facewash for a while. I did almost the same thing as you. I bought a facewash and then I stopped using it and switched to home remedies. I am about the same age as you and my mom told me the same thing

Great!

So I knew I would never post a review on here due to the methods never working for me, but for once I can post a review because this has truly worked for me. Now it didn't clear me completely but it cleared the little bumps on my forehead and stopped major breakouts. I don't know if I was suppose to experience a slight purge or not, but I did initially. I am continuing to use this daily in hopes of it completely clearing me up! I also added a few drops of tea tree oil in my mix.

I had the same experience with the "purge", but i realized these were just clogged pores rushing through the breakout cycle.
How long did this "purge" period last for you? Im on day three and getting teeny tiny white heads in random spots.

Ocean Water

I went on a trip and swam in the ocean for a week straight and my skin was in the best condition it's ever been. I started my week with extremely dry skin with acne and ended the week in beautiful glowing skin! I went home and quickly created my own concoction. In a glass spray bottle I mixed in sea salt water (boiled together prior to adding it in bottle) and then some drops of purification essential oil and thieves. It smells delightful and goes on very evenly AND it refreshes my super dry skin. All in all, it's a win win.

Can I ask what type of essential oil you use specifically in your homemade concoction? I really want to try out this salt water recipe but I have super dry skin too and I'm afraid of the salt water being to drying.

My #1 Acne Secret!! It works

I have tried every regimen for acne and when I say everything I mean everything. My family always laughs at me because I would always be making some new concoction to put on my face. I have acne since 7th grade: blackheads, whiteheads, and cystic acne. The acne.org treatment worked for me but I didn't want to buy a new tube of BP every month. I wanted freedom. The idea of sea salt as a cleanser was appealing to me. I have combination skin. Sea salt kills germs but is natural, cheap, and has other skin benefits. I mixed equal parts of boiling water and sea salt in an empty water bottle and shook it for 5 minutes. Before you use it, make sure it cools. Then when i want to use it, I take a cotton bottle and tip the bottle upside down. Then I wipe all over my face focusing on breakouts. It might sting which will hurt but you just have to deal with it. Then I leave it on. No rinsing. I do this every night and some mornings. The first time I used it my acne stayed the same. But after two weeks my acne is 90% clearer. It's amazing. I recommend you try. Give it at least 2 weeks. And don't expect magic skin overnight. It takes time. Also make sure you are getting enough sleep, drinking water, eating healthy, and working out! These thing will speed the healing process up much quicker! Good Luck :)

did you keep this solution on your face the entire day?

CLEAR SKIN IN A WEEK!!!

I have literally tried everything there is out there for acne but with little results . I never write reviews but I had to for sea salt. I started doing research about acne and decided that chemicals and cleansers were not the way to go. I realized that ancestors never had acne because civilization was always near the ocean and people were exposed to sea salt more than today . I had acne all over my cheeks forhead and ching and after using seas salt in the morning and at night I am a 100 % clear. Even my scars are gone. Wow .

The sea salt method cleared your skin completely? Even scaring? How did you use the sea salt? Thanks for your review, it helped a lot xx

Try for blackheads!!!

I used to use the regimen twice a day to get clear (took about 3 months) but now I only use it at night, and during the day I use only lotion on my face and I'm still completely clear. 😄 but I still get blackheads on my nose and chin, so I started using vitamin e oil in addition to my daily routine (worked for my sister). It was getting rid of the blackheads slowly but it made me break out with pimples. :c so I kept trying to wait it out and once I finally decided to let it go, I started to use a warm mixture of sea salt in water on my nose and chin (I dip a rag in the water and hold it on the areas). So I knew this would make the pimples purge, which was what I wanted to clear it up, butttttt it's also getting rid of my blackheads! 😄 I've been using this about 10 times in the span of two weeks and I'm so surprised that it's also working on blackheads. Once all my pimples go away, I'll probably use this every other day or so. Btw after I use it, I wash my face and use only lotion if its during the day, or the regimine if its at night. Btw it brings pimples to a head, makes them go away, and heals scabs from popped pimples VERY quickly. Just apply neosporin on the scab afterwards and I promise you'll see a huge difference from day to day. Good luck! ☺

Try it

I remember last summer I spent a week at the beach. My face was full of pimples and scars so I was quite shy to g out without makeup on. I used to go swimming everyday. After 6 days, my face was CLEAR. Clear like those commercials and models' skin. I tried this remedy again and it's showing results. I simply boil some water and mix a tablespoon of pink Himalayan salt; wet my face with some warm water and apply the mixture with a cotton ball, my skin still damp. I let it sit for a few seconds, rinse with cold water and repeat for a few times. The key is to use boiled water (cooled down, of course) and high-quality salt. I have been doing this twice daily for the past 5 days and the nasty pimples I had from my PMS healed almost completely. I highly recommend trying this; not as a spot treatment, as it could be too drying, but as a face rinse

Does this also help with scars from acne? xx
Why boil water?

In my opinion , not suitable for sensitive dry skin

Unfortunately, this sea salt treatment did not work exactly as i hoped, whiteheads, cystic pimple were formed in places that were clear just one night after the usage of the following treatment. Without all the negativity, it did shrink some of my older pimples very well. But again creating more new pimples along the way. I would not recommend to anyone with sensitive/ dry skin as it might be too irritating for thy skin, causing more bad than good. good luck ! don't forget to moisturise, it will be incredibly drying.

This sounds like purging to me - I.e stuff already under the skin coming to the surface. You can usually tell if your skin is purging because the new spots don't hurt and come to a head really quickly. I have dry sensitive skin too and there is a lot of clogged pores because of dry skin on the surface. It may be worth sticking with it for a while because this happened to me when I started to use salt!
What you're describing is purging. The salt treatment is drawing all the gunk in your skin to the surface. Don't worry, that's suppose to happen. I've had cystic acne since my teens, which got worse 6 years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter. Some of the cysts I've had for years, are finally coming to a head using this salt water treatment. I've been using this treatment for 5 days and most of my acne has came to head and disappeared. Including the cysts.
I think this could be quite common with dry skin, salt water doesn't work for everyone, my girlfriend tried it once and did like it, felt a burning sensation on her face, she didn't give it long enough but I think its because she has naturally dry skin and does better using moisturiser. I feel with this if it's not as quick instant 2-3 day benefit then don't do it, as I find that overnight it does wonders for me.

Works utterly amazing with honey!!!!

Okay so I've never posted a review for anything in my life but I simply had to for this. I've suffered from acne for multiple years and absolutely never found something that I can honestly say works. I've spent hundreds of pounds on all sorts of skin products over the years to combat my acne (I get it mostly around mouth area and cheeks) but nothing has ever wowed me as much as sea salt. when I was on holiday my acne was at its worst because it was so hot and I was sweating, every day fresh sore acne would appear and I was, by this point, giving up because there was nothing I hadn't tried! I was going in the sea everyday and one day my mum commented on how beautifully my skin was clearing, and it was the sea salt! Now I frequently use a honey and sea salt face mask and it's doing absolute wonders, I've noticed hugeee results within a week! Honestly an absolute saviour I could cry with happiness.

What is the recipe?
Glad this has helped! How often do you use the mask?
I need help. how often do you put this in a week? for how long do you keep it on your face? and do you use toner and moisturizer after?
What recipe did you use? Did this help with scars as well? xx

worked well on my black heads

I had a moderate acne on my back and my face , I was already using benzoyl peroxide which worked great on the pimples but it wouldn't do much for the black heads tgat eventually would turn into pimples .so I've read on the Internet about this simple face mask made of sea salt (I've been using table salt without noticing any difference ) and lemon ,scrub in your face and let it dry for a couple of minutes ,it worked great for me and I can clearly see a difference after a couple of times using it.definetly recommend

Amazing but not for all

This treatment is amazing but should be treated with caution with sensitive skin. I have sensitive skin and my spots inflamed* however they were smaller ! I recommend this as a once a week treatment, if not at all for those with sensitive skin. Don't scrub it in and splash the water, with Cornish sea salt in it* on your face and air dry. Depending if your spots are cysts then leave on over night. If you only have irritating bumps then a few minutes. I have tried this once and doing so again now, I hope it works. By the way 3 star is my rating because it can either horribly damage your skin or work amazingly !!!! * most treatments will inflame your skin if you have sensitive skin, test everyone for a night then go back to a cleanse tone moisturise routine if it has bad effects, if it has good ones then use every other day. Exfoliating with sensitive skin is a bad idea what so ever so don't use this as an exfoliant !!!!! * I say Cornish sea salt as it is gentler on the skin and dissolves more easily, when I swim in the Cornish sea my skin looks great when I get back home (Be warned this remedy may sting a lot- especially if your sensitive so don't necessarily take it as a bad sign) USE WITH CAUTION !!!!!

Popular Household/Natural