Sea Salt reviews

4.4/5 - 86 reviews

Sea salt OCEAN WATER
Reviewed on January 2, 2018

I've been traveling to Florida & I get fresh sea salt water from the OCEAN. I bring it home in water jugs. I boil the WATER for 30 minutes. Then, I pore it INTO a spray bottle, after it cools. I use it on my face & neck, I spray on morning & night time. So far the results ARE Amazing! I have a skin disease & this is by far the BEST Remedy, I've EVER USED for my skin condition. I will continue using OCEAN water & doing my observation. So far So good. HAPPY New Year!🍻🍾🍷🎉🎉🎉

A nice addition
Reviewed on November 2, 2017

A couple times a week I apply sea salt dissolved in water to my face, let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse it off. I’ve only been doing this for a few weeks but the number of new pimples on my face has decreased in comparison to the average number of pimples I would get before I started the sea salt. It’s not magic, and I still use other treatments to help with clogged pores, but in general I’m noticing less acne. To my surprise the mixture didn’t sting (once I decreased the amount of sea salt to a level that that could actually stay dissolved in the water). Cheap and easy, although likely not good for sensitive or dry skin.

The ONLY thing that helps me!!
Reviewed on July 9, 2017

I'm one of those cliche people that have tried "everything." I have hormonal acne which is sometimes cystic, most of the times just painful zits that eventually come to a head after several days. Also, since about May, my cheeks have become extremely dry. Like thick, chunky dry skin. Which is odd for me since I've always had oily skin. I was reluctant to try this sea salt remedy because I didn't want it to dry my skin, so I started using it as a spot treatment. It works WONDERS. I've struggled with hormonal acne since I started my period in high school and I've NEVER found anything that helps me. I find that if the zit is small, like a tiny clogged pore, it dries up before my work day is over. If it's a cystic or larger zit, I apply the sea salt water about 3 times a day and it will be a head by the next day. I'm from the south so even on perfect days, the humidity is at 70% or higher. I recently went to New Mexico and whatever dry skin I had amplified. I started using sea salt water as a toner twice a day and my dry skin is GONE. This remedy may not help prevent acne 100%, especially hormonal. Personally, I dont think anything can prevent hormonal acne at those times of the month. But it definitely helps when you do get acne and helps with dry or fungal problems you may have. I give this a 5 star rating because it's the ONLY thing that topical that has EVER cleared my skin!

I'm using sea salt for seborrheic dermatitis (aka facial fungus/yeast/dandruff) AND acne
Reviewed on October 19, 2016

So let me start by saying I'm 45 years old, have had acne issues since my tween years, have tried most everything. Before I get into the sea salt I'd like to say when I quit smoking and using any form of nicotine that got rid of at least 50% of my acne issues right there. Still its abit of a problem however minor now. My new problem that's come up in the last 3 years is the facial dandruff. I don't have it on my scalp just my face. It started around the mouth area and has to spread to pretty much the entire face. I've tried several prescriptions from the derm, lots of natural things like essential oils. Some of it helped, some not. I read a blog where someone swore by sea salt and I"m like what the heck, I have that in my kitchen let's give it a shot. I love how my face looks and feels! Like other reviewers have said, redness has gone down, black heads seem to purge out the hard oil, and acne goes away. Strangely it doesn't dry out your face (issue I've had with prescription drugs). I am sticking with this for sure to see how it performs in the long run, but so far it has improved the appearance of my face and the facial dandruff is mostly gone. Sadly I"ve had stuff work and over time it quit working, I'll have to see if that's the case with sea salt, I hope not!

by happydude on 11/30/2016 21:48
Thank you for this comment! It was very helpful, as I have a similar issue. I have a few questions. How do you apply the sea salt? How much salt do you use? How long time did it take until you noticed a significant difference?
Take a swim at the beach!
Reviewed on September 19, 2016

I didn't grow up near a beach but while studying abroad, I lived close to one and I was at the beach all day, every day. It worked MIRACLES on my skin!! I mean, I was getting compliments left and right and was always being asked what I did. That had never ever happened to me before so the sea salt had to be the cause. It dries up acne within that same day of going to the beach!!!! Also, if you picked and got a scab, tap some sea salt mixed with a bit of water on it and it'll heal in no time! I will definitely be living near a beach after graduation so that I can have clear skin 5ever. Whats even better is that it costs nothing! Stop getting those $100 peels and just go for a swim!

Ocean trip
Reviewed on September 7, 2016

I've been struggling with acne for about 10 years now (I'm 24 years old). I have very oily skin and a lot of redness in my cheeks. I've tried every kind of wash and toner I can think of and have spent hundreds of dollars in the past year alone on washes, toners, moisturizers, and face masks. Recently I went to visit a friend at the beach and after 12 hours of driving my skin was oily and shiny. We went to the beach (without showering) and when we got back to the car about 2 hours later, my redness was completely gone. I bought a jar and took some salt water home to use and I haven't had a white head in 3 days! My face is less red and it has even pushed my blackheads to the surface so that they sort of just come out with a little rubbing. This is the best thing to ever happen to me and I definitely recommend giving it a try.

I put my water in a spray bottle and just soak a cotton ball to apply. I leave it on all night since my skin is so oily, and I don't have any drying issues. I can't believe good skin was so easy to obtain!

by Astralbandit on 10/11/2017 02:21
Why did you grab a jar from the ocean when you can just mix regular salt with water?
So glad I decided to try this
Reviewed on August 22, 2016

I don't apply the water/sea salt solution all over my face but in areas that I get the occasional cyst or whitehead and they'll be gone within 1-3 days :) I'm glad I opted for this and ditched the harsh cleaners to just treat certain areas (my cheeks mainly). I've been using gentle cleansers and this to kill any acne bacteria and my face has been improving nicely ^^ Still got a slight hyper-pigmentation problem but most of those marks have faded

unbelievable results for such a simple thing
Reviewed on August 11, 2016

After a decade of fighting acne, the Acne.org regimen worked for me over the past 3 years or so. However, earlier this year the BP quit working as well for some reason-- tho my face gets much worse if i stop using it completely.

I randomly decided to try the saltwater routine, and I kid you not it started working day one. Cysts formed heads, small bumps dried out, no reddened face or other complaints. I've been using it every time I wash my face for a week and I'm totally clear again.

Recipe: boil water, add sea salt until it stops dissolving, let cool, place in spray bottle in fridge

My routine: wash face am and pm, apply salt water by spraying a paper towel and dabbing face, let dry and apply acne.org bp/moisturizer.

Excellent!!
Reviewed on August 4, 2016

I use this as a toner after using my dove bar every two days. It's definitely helped my spots and leaves my skin feeling clean. However this is drying so I can only use it every second day. I fill a glass full with very hot water and pour some sea salt from marks and spencer ( a supermarket ) and wait until i have finished cleansing.Then I simply pour some cold water in the glass and pour it over my face. I rub it in and wash off with cold water. Wouldn't reccomend for very dry skin unless you have a good moisturiser but anyone else should try it

Its helping!
Reviewed on July 23, 2016

I am almost 16, have naturally oily skin and had problems with acne since the 7th grade.

Days ago I started to use this home rhemedy of sea salt and water, putting it in a spray bottle and spraying my face, leaving it on overnight.

It seems to be helping already, aside from the Clean & Clean blackhead eraser scrub... I was wondering though if I should continue on using the facewash or should stick to sea salt water.. It wasn't cheap though and I'm expected to use it.. But I was just wondering.. Any suggestions?

by Clear.skin.plz on 08/01/2016 13:29
Maybe you could try the sea salt for a week or two, and then switch to the facewash for a while. I did almost the same thing as you. I bought a facewash and then I stopped using it and switched to home remedies. I am about the same age as you and my mom told me the same thing
Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org