Aqua Glycolic : Facial Cleanser

Brand:
Reviews
4.1
15 Reviews

Purified Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Glycolate, Cetyl Alcohol, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Sorbitol, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

40%
40%
13.3%
6.7%

Used Aqua Glycolic : Facial Cleanser? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
March 21, 2015
Great stuff
I started using this 2 years ago. At the time, my skin was in a poor condition from using products such as are included in "the Regime". By then, I had realized I have rather a dry skin that doesn't like soap, so this was one of the options. The improvement wasnt fast, but after 6 months of use i was acne free. Now, after 2 years, scars have gone away as well. Ive reduced my use to 1 time per day, and its enough to keep my face acne free 90%. Apply on dry face, let sit for 2-5 minutes. Then rub around using wet palms and finally rinse away. Dry your face, apply alcohol toner on spots and finish with lots of gel-like, 0% grease moisturizer.

25 user(s) found this helpful

September 28, 2010

Pros:

Seems to be working well. Has dramatically improved the texture of my skin.

Cons:

Stung for the first week. Adds even more time to you skin care routine (but well worth it).

The derm had me on epiduo in the morning and atralin at night. This combination has worked to improve to severity of my acne but my skin was still very bumpy and covered in hyperpigmentation and red spots. At my last visit, she suggested I use the Aqua Glycolic facial cleanser. I started using this product and almost immediately started seeing major improvement. It did sting during my first week of use but that seems to have subsided now. After 6 weeks of twice daily use, my skin is very smooth and feels like it did before I ever had acne. I am amazed that this is an OTC product and would reccommend it anyone.

32 user(s) found this helpful

June 22, 2010

Pros:

Eliminates cystic acne
Fades pigmentation
Prevents new pimples from appearing
Softens skin
Evens skin tone

Cons:

Seriously, absolutely nothing.

Get it. I got this product by mistake. I was looking for Aquaphor to put on my new tattoo, but the pharmacy gave me this instead. It has been under my sink for months. I was reading about AHA on the site and I remembered that this product had AHA in it. People had good results when using AHA products, so I grabbed this in gave it a shot. I noticed a difference in about 3 days. My cystic acne on my jawline that WOULD NEVER go away, faded. My pigmentation is fading. I haven't had any pustules or any other blemish appear on my face since using this. I have used Retin-A, Carlyes, Proactive, SkinID, and various other medications on my face. I was left emotionally and mentally exhausted at the sight of my chin and jawline. I wish I had tried this stuff when I first got it, it would have saved me A LOT of frustration, tears, and misery. If you are at your wits end, I plead with you to at least give this a shot. The consistancy is different. It's almost like Cetaphil. It doesn't foam and lather like you would expect with most cleansers- that means this product is gentle. 1. Use a gentle makeup remover or face wash to remove make up (I use Aveeno Calming Cleanser) and then dry your face. 2. Apply only 1 pump to your hand and smooth it over your face and neck. 3. Allow to sit on your face for about 2-5 minutes. 4. Wash off with warm water and pat dry your face. 5. Apply a moisturizer (I use Olay Regenerist with SPF) I haven't been this clear since I was about 10. This stuff is a godsend. That's it. I do this morning and night.

43 user(s) found this helpful

January 31, 2009
I really use it once a day everyday as my regular face cleanser. I dont really have acne but my dermatogist recomended to me about two years ago when i turn 38 and acne was appearing for the time in my life. Never a pimple again. :)

25 user(s) found this helpful

December 28, 2007

Pros:

(I'm actually doing a review of the toner, not the cleanser. But I'm putting my review here since I didn't see the toner on this site.)

The toner smells like astringent but doesn't dry out or irritate. Makes skin very smooth and also controls

Cons:

None

My doctor recommended the toner some years ago because I had a combination of extremely red, dry flaky skin and oily skin with moderate acne. After only a week or so of use, the flakiness completely went away, and my acne lessened. Doesn't help with oily skin though. I stopped using the toner after a year, because my skin seemed near perfect. After a few years, my acne seemed to be coming back (and I was using differin too, which really made my face explode with acne for about a year and a half), so I decided to use the toner again. Still works great! I use differin and the toner, and I notice that I get more acne and my face is rougher when I forget the toner. I definitely recommend this!

15 user(s) found this helpful