Plain Yogurt Reviews

Plain Yogurt

A miracle!

I've battled with acne, oily skin and rosacea för 30 years and finally found the remedy for them all. I only wash my face with lukewarm water, pat it dry, apply and massage a table spoon of yoghurt until it's completely absorbed. Wham, bang - my face is smooth and peachy soft! I do this morning annd night and hence sleeps with like a mask. During the day my face never get's that shiny look and stays matt and smooth. Why didn't somebody tell my about this miracle cure thirty years ago? If I return to soap and acne-fighting lotions my problems a back within days.

Saved my skin

My skin was rough; it was dry and oily, i had a bunch of clogged pores, my cheeks and forehead were always itchy and red, and pimples kept disappearing then coming back. Then i used plain yogurt. Holy crap. When i first tried it and washed it off, my ski nhad never been softer (it was always dry). Within a week those bumpy pores had been refined (very small now). My skin is so smooth. Not only that, but the redness has disappeared and my clogged pores are virtually gone. DONT USE ANYTHING EXCEPT YOGURT. i left my moisturizer, and as soon as i did,my clogged pores disappeared within 5 days. I left my cleanser too,and my irritated skin disappeared. I have a few pimples still after 2 weeks of yogurt, and thats normal with my teenage years,but its not even close to severe (all over my face) like it used to be. Its just like a small pimple here and there, which i use a gentle spot treatment for, but my skin tone has improved so much in a week. So smooth.

Comments

Life saver! Natural really is better

I've been using this for some months and it has definitely reduced my closed comedones and made my skin look much better. I'm using this as a cleanser/mask every night like it says in an article [Edit] called "Wash Your Face With Yogurt And Your Skin Will Thank You (Plus, It's Not As Gross As It Sounds)" (Try to google this) Not only has it reduced closed comedones but also made my skin tone even and made it less red. Every night before bed, i put this on my face and let it dry for 30 minutes and wash it afterwards. I have quite an oily t-zone so i usually don't wash my face in the morning. This is something I probably would do for the rest of my life!

How long before you noticed any changes
@larregin7 from the frist day u will see the brighting effect. After 1 month people will start asking you what r u using on your face 😊

Instant skin brightner

Superb! Try applying yoghurt mask for instant skin brightening. Try any one of the following- Believe me it just works. Fyi..I have a sensitive , combination skin and suffer from rosacea and acne. 1. 1 tsp each honey, turmeric, lemon juice with yoghurt. Make sure to include the water that yoghurt leaves as that it is probiotic. 2. 1tsp each tomato, cucumber and aloe juice with yoghurt. This can be used as a de-tan. If you can tolerate gram flour ( chickpea flour) add a teaspoon in 3. Equal quantity of mashed ripe banana, oatmeal and yoghurt with honey-Softens the face . Try them and do let me know your comments.

Comments

good

Wow! I just tried my first few yogurt masks this week and my skin feels AMAZING! I just slather plain full fat yogurt on my face, leave on for 20-30 minutes and rinse with water and pat dry. I don't wash afterwards so that the residue is left behind on the skin. Even after the first one I felt a noticeable difference; my skin is so soft. Best mask I've ever used! Love it! And so cheap.

Comments

Does not help acne, but smooths skin

I've used this alone, and i found the next day my skin was really oily with residue. I now mix it with my oatmeal scrub with a little honey and it definitely helps with redness and smoothness. Has it worked for my acne? no. But it is gentle and you're better off using something like this rather than lemon, aspirin etc.

Comments

Got to love the natural way

Plain yogurt is so good for acne prone skin and definitely for dark spots. The funny thing is I don't consume dairy but I do use it as a mask along with tumeric root powder, honey, lemon juice and gram flour. All of those combined worked wonders for my cystic acne. My face has never looked better and I only break out with very minor bumps during my menstrual cycle. I also tried yogurt mask by itself and it has really helped keep my skin moisturized and even toned. Plus, no more dealing with huge, painful, red bumps on my face.

How many days did it take for you to see the results on cystic acne? I have huge bumps on my cheeks and yesterday I read about yoghurt mask. I am going to try it everyday on my face. Do u use any cleanser for face before applying the mask? My face is getting oily by evening and I am not sure other to use yoghurt mask on a cleansed face or not.

Lovely lactic acid

I have tried a number of brands of plain yoghurt for a face mask and all of them have behaved pretty much the same, so this is not a specific review for cannon. Just make sure the yoghurt is completely PLAIN. No strawberry flavoured yoghurts slathered all over your face please. And also that the yoghurt is full fat. You wouldn't buy a watered down face mask from the drugstore, and this is no different. Yoghurt masks work because the yoghurt contains lactic acid, which essentially exfoliates your face without irritation. It is also a humectant which attracts and retains moisture in your skin. Very similarly to honey but with more of a soothing effect. Lovely. I have become a firm believer in only using products that you would be happy to eat, so I was excited to try honey! On my first application of the yoghurt mask I found it to be incredibly soothing and cooling, especially straight from the fridge. However I did notice a slight stinging the first few times I applied it, baring in mind that this was when my skin was VERY dry, so it may just have been the lovely lactic acid eating away at all that dead skin. I found that after the mask my skin was smooth and felt moisturised (but not so moisturised that I didn't have to use a moisturiser, thus the 4 star rating.) If I had any recommendations for yoghurt it would be to ALWAYS do a patch test on an acne prone area of skin that you can easily cover, wait for 24 hours, and if you see no adverse side effects, proceed with the full application. Also, a little tip, if you have some honey that is a little out of date, even better! The lactic acid content in the yoghurt increases when the yoghurt is just a little past its sell by date. So go ahead and use it on your skin (we're not talking mould here, use it within 5 days of the sell by.) Hope that's helpful!

How long before you noticed it was actually working

Try it!

This has really helped even out the discoloration in my skin so far. I've used it a few times and already see an improvemt in my completion. I wash my face with warm water and a gentle cleanser rinse, pat dry and then apply to plain organic yogurt! It really has already improved the darker marks in my face and reduced redness I feel it tightening my pores when it drys on my face if you have acne this will help with redness but remember with survere acne seek a dr they can give you antibiotics which can reduce acne a lot. I'd say this is nice for marks and redness in blemishes. I LOVE IT so easy and affordable doesn't leave my face red and sore like other acne products which are harsh on the skin. I recommend to anyone struggling with marks and reducing the appearances of them

Worked Surprising Well

I was pretty skeptical about this stuff but after getting plain Greek yogurt and applying to my face for about 10-15 minutes seemed to really even out my skin tone and helped a lot of red/dark marks fade. It made my skin feel tight as it started to dry which I really didn't see coming. I didn't see too much of a difference for my active pimples , but it did seem to leave my face with a gentle glow the next day. All in all, it's supposed to be very nutritious for your skin. Try it!!

Go for it ! Be patient !

If your acne is mild pustules, Please please dont use this or any of those antibiotic medicines ... Please give it time ..atleast 6 months to 1 yr before you decide to kil your self with all these products . Eat and also apply Yogurt , lime ... be patient .. your body will understand and stop pushing up those new bumps ! I suffered for 6 months ...promised myself that I would share my views with all ! Hope this helps . All the best !

Are you saying don't use yogurt or yes use yogurt, and does it take 6+ months before you actually see a difference

So far so good

Helped with Hyper-pigmentation Helped with Acne Made my skin feel soft Might smell depending on which brand you buy Used just a plain non-fat Greek Yogurt on my face and so far I've been seeing amazing results. Even though its only been a month, my hyper-pigmentation has definitely improved which was my main concern. Sometimes I add lemon juice and sometimes I add licorice extract to help speed up the process of evening out my skin. As far as the acne is concerned, I only break out horribly during my menstrual cycle however, for the first time ever when that time of the month came around, hardly any breakouts emerged and best of all no painful ones! I highly recommend this if you are experiencing similar problems with your skin.

Comments

good

brighter complexion soothing reduces redness does not get rid of acne I use this once in a while whenever my skin is irritated. I like to combine yogurt with cucumber and green tea ti make a soothing mask whenever i get a sun burn or my skin gets really sore and red. It moisturizes and leaves my skin looking bright and smooth.

Guest Lauren

Healthy glow Worsened my acne It really is remarkable how radiant my skin looks after using yogurt as a mask. I've never seen it so dewy. However, it did zilch for active acne; in fact, it made my breakouts more inflamed.

Comments

None Hate to be the harbringer of a bad review to this product but putting yoghurt on as a mask made me break out like crazy! I read all of the glowing reviews on here for it and thought I would give it a try. I used plain organic yogurt. I now have whiteheads all over my face and from only one usage. Not recommended by me, I really wish I had never tried this because now I have to deal with the aftermath for the next week.

Guest Ann
Guest Ann

soooo cooling and refreshing makes skin glow skin is soft after reduces any redness shrinks open nasty pores application is o so simple havnt seen any yet its natural and will help acne and redness. but what works even better is OATMEAL as a cleanser and then use YOGURT as a mask. trust me, these two together work like a charm. the oatmeal is so gentle, exfoliates, and cleanses the face. My skin is left so glowy and soft afterwards! :D i have been using these instead of any other drugstre products.

Guest Ashley
Guest Ashley

refreshing smoothing reduces redness calm skin not much is needed, so if you dont eat plain yogurt then lots of it goes to waste. I use plain or Greek yoghurt as a base for masks. It calms the skin and feels very refreshing, I usually mix it with honey and turmeric. I use it in the morning because I find it evens out my skin tone so that I hardly need to wear make-up. (it helps wake me up too) even though the yoghurt can expire quickly, I still use it for my face as long as it doesn't get mouldy it just doesn't smell very good

Guest Lauren

Reduces redness Reduces size of acne Nice cooling feeling Reduces scars Use half of a tub by time it expires :( I usually wash my face first with non-scented anti-bacterial soap first. IT IS A MUST TO WASH FACE FIRST! I then take a CLEAN foundation brush that I ONLY USE FOR YOGURT!!! Then apply a thin or thick (depending on how bad my face is that day) and leave it on for about 20-30 min. Rinse off yogurt with luke warm or cold water (remember, hot water dries skin which causes more zits) After all yogurt is off my face I apply a TINY (not even a dime size) of moisturizer; this helps keep your face from drying out (my face dries up when it gets wet) Try using it nightly (or 3 to 4 times a week) within 6 months you will see a significant difference. This will help with reducing redness, scars, and zits. EXTRA YOGURT USAGE!!!! You can use yogurt in your hair too!!!! Just mix a little bit of yogurt, egg whites, and olive oil together! Put the mix in hair and leave in for an hour. This mask will help grow and repair your hair. Just wash out with mild shampoo and I suggest a leave in conditioner after to keep it soft.

Comments

-Skin feels soft -Reduced Redness None My acne started when i was 17 years old. Before that i'd get the odd pimple but i started getting cystic pimples. One or two at a time but i'd pop them and end up they'd turn into open wounds. My doctor put me on Diane-35 and gave me differin gel. The diane took a while to clear my skin up but i still get the odd cystic pimple and the yogurt mask really helps. How I make it: I take about a tablespoon of PLAIN low fat yogurt and put it in a bowl, then i add a few drops of tea tree oil (don't add too much if you have sensitive skin) and about a tablespoon of virgin coconut oil (not necessary if you have oil skin but i have very dry skin) Then I mix it all up and apply a thin layer all over my face. I add a thick layer on problem areas (cystic pimples) and leave it there for about an hour or so... This really helps with redness and inflammation and if used consistently will help you acne! Give it a try

Comments

~ Reduces Redness! ~ Moisturizing! ~ Shrinks Zits Without Over Drying! ~ All Natural! ~ Might be a bit messy the first time you apply! ~ It doesn't completely get rid of acne, just makes the overall appearance of your skin more even and vibrant! This is great for redness, applying a yogurt mask every morning and evening made my severe sunburn completely disappear from my face in 3 days! Then I noticed that my zits looked a lot less red and prominent! ------------------------------------- This is how I use a simple yet effective yogurt mask: 1) Wait about ten minutes after cleansing your face. 2) Supply yourself with plain, full fat, organic/natural yogurt of any brand. Take it fresh out of the fridge, so that it cools your skin when applying. 3) Scoop the yogurt out with clean fingers and apply to dry face. Stop when you have a thick, gooey mask. (Evenly coated, or concentrated on red/problem areas.) 4) Leave on face for 20-25 minutes. 5) Gently RINSE off all the yogurt with lukewarm water. 6) Do not put any additional products on the face after rinsing. ------------------------------------- Continue with this routine morning and night and you should see results within a couple days! This is especially amazing if you have a bad, embarrassing-looking sunburn or red patches!

Comments

Moisturizes Skin Makes skin CLEAR Can be messy, but its worth it! I saw a bubzbeauty video of her doing this sort of thing, and so I wanted to try it out. Let me just say, THIS REALLY WORKS. I have acne on my forehead, right/left of my eyebrows, my cheeks, and my chin. And let me just say that this really cleared up my skin. In about a week of using this, i noticed my skin was REALLY SOFT!! And alot clearer as well. Anyways, I recommend this to people with acne. Good Luck!!! :D

Popular Household/Natural