Lemon Juice (as a drink) Reviews

Lemon Juice (as a drink)

It works

I think it worked for me, everytime i drink before bed i haven't break out. And my hyperpigmentation is fading out.

awesome

I have tried lots of acne to treat-acne-scars-lemon-juice and only one worked. But it didn't work very well and it was expensive. So I went searching for something cheap that would work. Well, I found this. Lukewarm lemon water in the morning and evening. It is an acquired taste, so if it is so unbearable it is okay to put a teaspoon of honey in it. I highly recommend this product! [link edited out]

Doterra Lemon Oil!

So about a week ago I decided to try lemon water in order to stop my acne. I actually came across this site and decided to try it after reading reviews. My mother is a big Doterra fanatic so there was a 15ml lemon oil bottle lying around that I started to add into my water everyday. It's highly concentrated so I put in a drop or two and I can't even explain the difference in my skin. My acne has been horrible for YEARS. It was all over my cheeks, jaw and chin. It was always hormonal related and especially linked to my diet which I still struggle to keep clean. I've tried everything and this has been my saviour. My acne has cleared dramatically! I haven't had a breakout since I've been drinking this. My skin has cleared up, and I'm praying that it continues to do so. Right now my focus is on clearing my acne scarring. I really recommend giving this a go or even trying lemon water in itself. I've tried everything from oral medication, tropical remedies, acne products, diets and chemical peels. This has worked for me! I really hope that this works for other people too, it's just really a confidence booster after so many years of battling acne. I will also post a review in a months time if this continues to work for me. Good Luck!

Unintended!

I started drinking it because I saw that it could help lose weight, and that it had health benefits too. But after two days of ALOT of lemon water, I found that instead of my normal chin of acne, there was nothing. And since lemon was the only thing I changed to my lifestyle, I'm putting it down to that. I hope that this continues!

Lemon Juice as an Astringent

I've had acne for over 22 years and after my giving birth 3 1/2 years ago the prescription med stopped working. I'm trying other alternatives. So today after spending the morning at the park sweating I decided to cleanse my face. For the heck of it, I rubbed a slice of lemon on my face after my cleanser. (I had bought a huge bag of lemons as part of a natural weight loss drink) So it immediately started burning. I didn't leave it on long, not even 5 minutes. But Whoa after I took it off I could immediately tell a difference. Some of my whiteheads came to the surface immediately. I could see white dots. As I begin to extract my face all of the whiteheads (including those that are resistant to the Proactiv mask) all came up to the surface. I followed up the extraction with the rest of the Proactiv + routine, Steps 2 and 3. I haven't tried lemon water yet, but based on the posts I see here. I may start.

Limited effect

When I first started drinking lemon water it seemed to clear up my skin completely. But I've now been drinking half a lemon in warm water for the past few years and I've had regular breakouts regardless. I think the intitial improvements were due to other factors and/or the placebo effect. I still drink it because I think it does have a slight effect but nothing miraculous.

Love love love!

Recently I started squeezing the juice of one lemon into my bottle of water everyday. I didn't do this for my acne, and I was surprised when it started clearing up. Size of my zits were smaller, redness was less intense, and my skin felt super smooth! I had no idea this could help acne heal, so I'm not stopping! Lemon water also tastes really good and it's really thirst quenching. Definitely try.

That's amazing glad your seeing results. How long did it take for you to see the Results?

Unintended acne treatment - amazing!

I received a 'zingo' bottle in my Christmas stocking - you put half a lemon in the bottom and fill up with water. It makes tasty infused water! I normally drink a lot during the day anyway, so using this bottle, I end up drinking around 3/4 bottles of lemon infused water a day. I wouldn't replace the lemon during the day so it became more and more diluted, which I guess is better for teeth etc. I've suffered from acne for as long as I can remember - tried all creams, medications etc! Recently, I've been surprised to notice that my skin has completely cleared. Blackheads gone, scarring reduced, smoother complexion and no new spots for the past 2 weeks!!?? I'm not totally sure it's completely down to the lemon but seems too much of a coincidence not to be - lemons are full of vitamin C and antioxidants. The only thing I have changed is adding lemon to my daily water! It's transformed my skin - would recommend trying to anyone struggling.

Amazing!

I had hormonal acne and a little bit black marks over my face bcoz of acne so I started using drinking lemon water twice. a day once in the morning and once in the evening .And guys I have been using these since 2 weeks and results are just awesome.the redness is going down and black spot are less . I m going to continue it and post my review one month later. I will also recommend it to everyone.Hope it clears up my face fully. Anyways God bless u guys.and Good Luck!

So, any changes since then?

Lemon can help!

After my garlic treatment accident (I burned my skin) when my skin healed I started to apply lemon on my face. I must tell you, that it really helps! Helps a lot! It removes blackheads and helps with pimples too. If you dry out your skin you can use a moisturizer after you put lemon on your face. I also started drinking lemon with water, but sometimes i forget to drink it. I can feel that it is more effective if I drink it often. But lemon deserves 5 stars from my side. of course maybe it is not the best solution for everybody, but I tried out lotsf of creams, I also took pills 5 years ago, but my acne came back when I turned to 27. I decided not to take any pills, just give time and try out a lot's of home remedies. Now on my list ACV and lemon are the first one. You can also use it under your make up, as a tonic.

help

can someone tell me what im doing wrong ive been using this for 2 months everyday and overnight i use the lemon in the bottle and it does work because i used that before but why isnt my marks fading. it got lighter but its not going away.

So far so good!

i figured I might as well share my progress with the lemon water experiment! About 3 weeks ago I decided to ditch all my acne creams/ washes etc. and try a natural root to clear my acne. I started with my diet eliminating all unnecessary processed foods and drinking tons of water! I also started using honey to wash my face which helps tons! Anyways during this time I decided to start drinking lemon water just in the morning, I used the kind of lemon you find in those bottles at the store, so not freshly squeezed lemons. I also didn't drink it warm... either way it helped significantly! My dark spots were fading like crazy and my whole complexion brightened. Then a week later I went on vacation and didn't drink it... My skin broke out all over my cheeks which sucked! Im back on the lemon water now at the morning and night! With fresh lemons and warm water! Its only been a few days and the spots that could have potentially been cysts are all flat! Ill post again after a week or so!! TRY IT!!

Update: Its been about 12 days and I've been clear the whole time! I got an occasional super small whitehead but no huge cysts like I used to! After about 1 week of drinking half a lemon in the morning and half in the evening I noticed I started getting all these little bumps under my eyes.. I cut down, only having half of the lemon for the whole day and the bumps went away. I was probably consuming too much.. Anyways This is awesome! I was so happy to be able to start my junior year with completely clear skin for the whole week!! Ill update again soon!
how long did it take for the little bumps to go away?

Concerned and really trying not to be

So this past Sunday I decided to switch up my morning routine and find a better alternative for coffee. I recently was experiencing some constipation and bloating so I wanted a warm drink in the morning that can help sooth my body instead of adding more weight to it. On Monday morning felt great! I had a very healthy breakfast, decided to cut more carbs out of my diet and found that the lemon & water gave me less of an appetite. I liked that because it allowed me time to make better food choices and time to prepare meals of my own. However, on Tuesday, I then noticed something different. After a short nap during the day I woke up to a ton of tiny bumps (some looked like little whiteheads) all over my face!!! I went into panic mode! I take REALLY good care of my skin. I never experienced breakouts, rarely experience pimples and never had acne - so to notice this was quite scary!! I assumed that maybe I had an allergic reaction but I knew that couldn't be the case. I had no makeup on, just my moisturizer that I applied earlier in the morning and never experienced "allergies" so suddenly in my room. Needless to say, after some thought I concluded that maybe my health changes and lemon/water detox had something to do with it but I'd rather be certain. Some blogs say that you shouldn't breakout and some say you might. So before I start making dermatologist appointments, I'd like to get a better understand on if my reaction is common and nothing to be too concerned over.

I have the same type of experience! I just woke up one day with A LOT of white bumps under my eyes and face, now my neck has them too! I was drink one whole lemon juice in the morning and another whole lemon at night. Now I stopped drinking them, but they are not going away! Did you get rid of the bumps? If so, how? Thank you!
You took too much lemon...its allergy reaction...levo citrizon will help you..it will take few days to make them go away.thanks
User476825

Scarring and redness fading

Since drinking lemon juice yhe redness in my scars has faded so much - I assume this is because of the high vitamin C content. I peel a whole lemon and put it in the blender with some water and drink it with breakfast. I recommend using a blender to retain the white bits (that you can't extract with a juicer) that are high in vitamin content.

Don't Rush the process

Lemon water works. It eliminates the Unwanted. I'm Spanish my skin is white but I scar dark. I'm 22 and I've had acne since I was 8. But last summer it got so bad I was embarrassEd to go outside. I was desprite, I did half of a whole lemon in a glass of warm water every morning for almost 3 weeks. My scars were getting lighter and lighter until they disappeared which was amazing to watch and I just stopped breaking out. Until I started getting tiny little bumps all around my my ears my neck my chest and around my eyes, around my eyes got a little swollen which was slightly noticeable. So I stopped. I was consuming way to much for way to long I was playing a dangerous game. Long story short don't over do it. One wedge a day should be enough. Try to eat clean try to stay away fro, the toxic stuff

how did you get rid of those bumps? or did you just stop and they faded? if so, how long does it take?

Whoever said that your diet doesn't affect acne...

...is wrong - but it's not a 100% cure. I notice differences on my skin when I drink a lot of water & get a lot of vitamins - from e.g. lemon juice. I also take vitamin D tablets and eat zinc. So I cannot fully say whether just lemon juice works, but a combination of those make a difference for my dry skin. It becomes smoother and less dull.

Comments

Adult Acne finally cleared!

I have always had issues with my skin since I was a teenager and was prescribed the pill to clear my skin. As soon as I came off the pill I would immediately have a huge outbreak including cystic acne it was so depressing as it lasted into my late 20's becoming even worse when I became pregnant spreading to my chest as well as my face. I couldn't use any foundation or moisturiser on my skin as it would make it worse. I read up on the lemon water drink and thought anything is worth a try and it has many other benefits. I started the lemon drink and knew that there was a chance my skin would get better before getting worse which it did but within a month of the lemon water I have no spots on my face or my chest and no excess oil. Once my scarring has settled then I can quite safely say that I won't have to worry about my skin anymore! Best time to have it is first thing in the morning with warm water in a half pint glass and half a lemon squeezed into it. Drink it half an hour before breakfast and if you wish to sweeten it to make it easier to drink then manuka honey is a good sweetener. I also drink through a straw to avoid any risk of the lemon affecting my teeth and its quicker to drink it this way. Would recommend this to anyone.

Amaze 10/10 saved my life

I've had cystic acne for as long as I can remember, tried all the medical and beauty treatments on the market. I started drinking lemon water a few weeks ago and my face is 100 percent clear! I haven't got a single pimple on my face since. Seriously recommend to get on it ASAP and see the results in just a few days. Saved my life!!!

I have been drinking lemon honey water over past two months. It hasn't cured my acne at all. I still observe painful zits all around me cheeks. How long will take for my skin to get clear by drinking this solution?

Definetly good

i always drink lemon juice with tea and its doing great for my acne scars

What kind of tea and what lemon juice?

IT BURNSSS

Seemed kinda too good to be true. I thought maybe it was woorking for the first few days but I really don't think it was helping and it actually I think started to make it a bit worse so I stopped :(

Hm...

I have been considering adding lemon juice inside my water for a while now. I hear great things about it. However I wouldn't recommend anyone apply it directly on their face. I tried taking lemon juice and applying it on my face with a cotton swab for about a week. I had to stop because my face was becoming so red and irritated!!

Acnes and oily skin

I've tried using lemon, my skin has acnes and is sensitive. So, when it gets dirty, it effect my face directly. I tried using it twice a week. I usually squash the fresh lemon so I get the juice mixed with a little bit of sugar and honey. I applied it to my face and let it be for around 10mins. Then, wash with warm water. After a month using it, people said that my face is cleaner and brighter. Probably because the oil is slowly removed too and it doesn't make your skin dry. You need to regularly do this, or else your face will be back to the normal one becos that's what happened to me now.

scars

I'm so glad that i used this instead of the "burning face mask". i found that almost impossible to make and it didn't even burn! i had taken a paper towel and ripped it to fit the curves of my face, then i poured lemon juice into a container and soaked my paper towels in the lemon juice. after, i drained the extra juice out of my paper towels by lightly squeezing them, and then placing them on my face. i keep them on my voce for about half an hour (or however long i feel like keeping them there). i can feel the places where i have scars and acne slightly burning! i then rinse off my face and rub ice cubes on for about 3-5 minutes. then i rinse my face with cool water and dab-dry. feels amazing and works great!

question

can you use bottled lemon juice mixed with water or do you have to use fresh lemons?

I would assume fresh natural lemons should work :D
but lemon juice does work. i just use it straight up, no water added (:

Amazing results!

This is a great idea and it works. I have battled with my skin since I was a teenager. Had dermabrasion in 1989. Had the laser in 2001. My skin still didn't look great. I exercise and have a really good diet but still my skin locked bad. I have tried all the skin lines, you name it. Proactive, Phytomer, Sothys, Yonka, Vichy etc. Still my skin didn't look great. I had these bumps everywhere and my Dr. just said it was hormonal. I started this one week ago, in the morning and evening. I can't believe the difference so far. The bumps are way down and my skin is so much brighter and looks healthy. I am sticking with this plan for sure!

When you say you have it morning and evening, do you have it before breakfast and last drink before bed?

Popular Household/Natural