Notifications
Clear all

Getting rid of scars

MemberMember
(@zeeblo)

Posted : 01/09/2006 8:56 am

Now that I've eliminated the acne, thanks to ZZ cream and Walter, I now have to eliminate the scars, and then I will be absolutely 100% clear.

Is there any easy way I can eliminate the scars? What do you guys recommend?

MemberMember
(@colonel-angus)

Posted : 01/09/2006 10:12 am

Read the FAQ. Your questions are way to vague and general.

MemberMember
(@zxc)

Posted : 01/09/2006 10:40 am

There is no easy way to get rid of scars. Getting rid of scars is one of the most difficult tasks you can imagine in this world. If you want to do it yourself it usually takes a long long time, and even then the scars probably will not be gone, but only improved.

Not to discourage you, but to inform you because you seem to believe that you can get rid of them over a couple of months - that it not likely.

MemberMember
(@fighter05)

Posted : 01/09/2006 9:01 pm

Now that I've eliminated the acne, thanks to ZZ cream and Walter

Which ZZ cream???? Who's Walter??

You have to be more specific. At least you have to tell what kind of scars you have, does it cover a large area?, Is your skin white, black,asian,mediterranean,skimo,chameleon ??

And I don't think there is no such a thing "easy way" here! WELCOME TO THE SCARS FORUM. Just for your information, there are many veteran and dinosour members here who have been dealing with scars for many years, even decades. Some have given up, others continue searching and searching and searching. There are many choices if you have minor scarring, but the more severe it is, the less options you have. Do a lot of research before you try something. Otherwise you will be another victim. Measure the risks and benefits. And if you find something that works for you, share with the rest.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@zeeblo)

Posted : 01/11/2006 10:37 am

ZZ Cream = The cream that changed my life, I'm acne free, but not scar free.

I have researched upon the topic of demodex mites for months, and then I finally decided to try Demodex Solutions, and within 4 months, I found myself clear and happy as can be. That's my story in a nutshell.

So now I'm back on the journey.. but this time to get rid of my scars! :)

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/14/2006 6:06 am

ZZ Cream = The cream that changed my life, I'm acne free, but not scar free.

I have researched upon the topic of demodex mites for months, and then I finally decided to try Demodex Solutions, and within 4 months, I found myself clear and happy as can be. That's my story in a nutshell.

So now I'm back on the journey.. but this time to get rid of my scars! :)

HI ya, i have had a few treatments over the last 6 years to rid myself of scars and i have found that Isolagen is the best thing ever. a small peice of your own tissue is grown in the lab and the injected into the face under the scars lifting them, i am so very happy with the results, but it does not work on ice pick scars.

MemberMember
(@jjtwerk)

Posted : 01/08/2015 9:40 pm

So I have scars from thase weird bumps on my forehead there not pimples but hard lumps. I've been treating them with coco butter and lotion, it worked for awhile and then when I stopped they stayed the same. Then I tried the lemon and honey mask and it's working amazing with my acne but not with my scars. I'm biracial, so my skin is very sensitive and scars easily. I still don't k ow what to do bout my scars because the coco butter took a long time to fade them. Also they become like scabs and flake just a bit like layers? So I don't even know about what's going on?

MemberMember
(@jhlo)

Posted : 09/27/2017 4:30 am

I had rosacea for 3 years. It was so bad people on the street would stop me and ask me what was wrong with my face. I even had manicurist suggest I go see a doctor (unsolicited advice). People are clueless at times. After so many visits to the doctor and lots of research, I came across a paper written by a veterinary school in the States about mange and the causes in animals. That let me to more research about mites and skin disease. ZZ cream and probiotics (100 billion) cured it for me. It took about 1 month for the cysts and acne to dry up from the cream and then another month for the skin to heal. I still use the cream everyday, but don't have any breakouts any longer (it's been 2 years since I started using the cream). I only found out about the probiotics about 6 months after using the cream when I realized I was still having issues with a few cysts appearing around that time of the month. I realized the antibiotics given for the rosacea killed all of my good bacteria and my immune system was stressed. The good bacteria solved it. So, it took another 6 months to completely stop the breakouts.
I have scars on my cheeks and have started micro needling about 1 month ago. After the second treatment the scars are nearly gone. I have one more to go. I am told 6 treatments are best, but I opted for 3.
Hope this info helps!