Ask your doctor, not random people on the Internet

MemberMember
(@salientdouble)

Posted : 04/19/2022 5:33 pm

See above.

MemberMember
(@insearch)

Posted : 04/19/2022 7:36 pm

Yes, but at the same time, doctors are out to make money and will sometimes recommend whatever treatment they want to sell and not exactly the treatment that will produce the best results. Some random people on the internet that have gone through the treatments can provide more insight on what works or doesn't work..

btw,

Are your scars healed from microneedling and collagen pads?

Gelko liked
MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 04/19/2022 8:43 pm

1 hour ago, Insearch said:

Yes, but at the same time, doctors are out to make money and will sometimes recommend whatever treatment they want to sell and not exactly the treatment that will produce the best results. Some random people on the internet that have gone through the treatments can provide more insight on what works or doesn't work..

btw,

Actually I couldn't agree more. There are many doctors out there pushing useless or even wrong procedures and while yes you have to take "Strangers" advice with skepticism, I've received many cures for both dermatological stuff and have seen many good "before/after" on procedures documented by actual pictures and data. Doctors pathetic book of pictures often of either miracle results or photoshopped can't compare lol. Some doctors push the dumbest things to make money like needling on severe scarring. Or doing like 15 TCA cross risking people's faces instead of testing 2 spots, god forbid it wastes 15 minutes of his time, twice.

But I agree that you can't just trust either, you have to extensively research all. I think the problem most encounter is the suggestions are either just not perfect or there's no real "cure" or even good solutions for some stuff. We often repeat the same alleged procedures (subscision for example) because let's be real here, acne scars are incredibly hard to treat and have made little progress in 20 years since my dermabraison. Going to a doctor won't change this reality. So doing extensive research and taking educated gambles when the odds favor you (less to lose) is paramount.

MemberMember
(@insearch)

Posted : 04/19/2022 10:36 pm

MemberMember
(@salientdouble)

Posted : 04/20/2022 4:00 am

My problem is that people post pictures of themselves and I think okay this is not a big deal. Use moisturizer, eat healthy and this would be a good plan. But then I read the comments and it's like 'do this treatment' 'then this treatment' 'after that this treatment''. You guys are probably no doctors. So please be careful with your advice.

8 hours ago, Insearch said:

btw,

You made a good point.

I have made great progress. Plaster that support the healing of the skin are great.

MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 04/21/2022 2:13 am

Most doctors are ignorant about acne scarring especially atrophic acne scarring. A lot of dermatologists are too. In NZ I got a lot of horrible advice from doctors and even saw a dermatologist who had no clue about my scarring she said there is nothing we can do for this type of acne scarring. This thread will have a lot of better advice than most doctors can give until atrophic scarring really gets the attention it deserves.

MemberMember
(@insearch)

Posted : 04/22/2022 4:52 am

agreed

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 04/22/2022 12:22 pm

if I would listen to every doctor I visit, I would burn my face to ashes with their lasers

MemberMember
(@hws-wardhangmail-com)

Posted : 04/24/2022 2:32 am

Here in India most of the derms advertise 2-3 lasers they have thats it..every solution for every kind of scars are fractional co2. Most are money makers they have nothing to do with patient satisfaction..,they just want to do as much sittings as possible to earn money.

MemberMember
(@salientdouble)

Posted : 04/24/2022 2:49 pm

You are right. I was triggered by reading posts from people with very mild scars.