Notifications
Clear all

great results from ablative lasers - are they real?

MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 03/20/2022 7:26 pm

Hello everybody

in the past few months I have been seeing some cases of ablative laser treatments that have amazing results. For example for Dr. Emil, or Dr. @drfazeelaabbasi. Both are on IG. What do you think? has there really been a step forward with ablative lasers? Honestly, after 2 CO2 laser treatments, months later I can say that my superficial scars have not improved. Only the TCA cross gave visible results. What do you think? thank you

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-dear)

Posted : 03/20/2022 7:35 pm

What type of co2 are we taking full ablation or fractional

MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 03/20/2022 7:41 pm

full ablative, like a dermabrasion

MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 03/21/2022 7:37 am

is it possible to achieve a similar result with ablative laser?

dfasdfad.png

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-dear)

Posted : 03/21/2022 9:00 am

Yes watch dr Lims video on lasers for acne scars

Suvvolo liked
MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 03/21/2022 2:07 pm

It was with dermabrasion but it's not perfect. For example if you press the skin it exposes the tissue loss in many cases, and it does leave scar tissue that blends like regular skin but can change color (over the day at least for me)or kind of look texturally murky over time. Is it far better yes much like the above, but not perfect. In other words very sensitive scar tissue.

I suspect lasers can do the same thing if it works out, but the risks as far as I read are not that wonderful either for some people either wasting time/money or leaving some textural stuff.

It probably depends a lot on the scars, layers, patient situation.

Suvvolo liked
MemberMember
(@sam-michelson)

Posted : 03/21/2022 4:39 pm

2 hours ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

It was with dermabrasion but it's not perfect. For example if you press the skin it exposes the tissue loss in many cases, and it does leave scar tissue that blends like regular skin but can change color (over the day at least for me)or kind of look texturally murky over time. Is it far better yes much like the above, but not perfect. In other words very sensitive scar tissue.

I suspect lasers can do the same thing if it works out, but the risks as far as I read are not that wonderful either for some people either wasting time/money or leaving some textural stuff.

what would you recommend if you just needed work on a portion of the picture above? dermabrasion or full ablative laser

MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 03/21/2022 6:03 pm

3 hours ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

hi thank you very much for your answer

dermabrasion was a life change for you? may I ask you where and who performed it?

a thousand of thanks

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 03/21/2022 6:27 pm

17 minutes ago, suvvolo said:

hi thank you very much for your answer

dermabrasion was a life change for you? may I ask you where and who performed it?

a thousand of thanks

A guy performed it in 2004/2005 and he's long retired. Random local doctor. Yes it was "life changing" but not perfect as stated. Probably quite similar to the photos above but instead of larger/deeper just many more little ones/icepicks.

1 hour ago, researchresearch said:

what would you recommend if you just needed work on a portion of the picture above? dermabrasion or full ablative laser

That's the million dollar question. Everyone is unique, everyone has different physiology. I would say if you have more icepicks and boxcars that aren't super deep just numerous, I felt dermabrasion would probably work well since it did with me. However, if you have more complicated, deep/sharp edges or fat loss, then it becomes more complicated where things like 2-3 things might be required. I have yet to hear really great consistent stuff about lasers, but I'm sure it does happen in some cases with the right doctor, person, and scar type. I just never viewed the risks worth the reward because I don't read a ton of "it was worth the money" or "it changed my life" type things about laser. It's more like "it did nothing" or "it helped 15% but cost me $5k" type posts. Again might be the laser/person.

I can only recommend what worked for me, dermabrasion. But for other things I've read good stuff on "multiple procedures" like subscision/filler, some laser mixed in, maybe some pcp needling or tca cross if a patient gets lucky, but I always tell people with those just do 1 spot to test first, don't do 8 spots and see them all widen.

MemberMember
(@sam-michelson)

Posted : 03/22/2022 11:13 pm

On 3/21/2022 at 6:27 PM, harmlessboy1441 said:

A guy performed it in 2004/2005 and he's long retired. Random local doctor. Yes it was "life changing" but not perfect as stated. Probably quite similar to the photos above but instead of larger/deeper just many more little ones/icepicks.

That's the million dollar question. Everyone is unique, everyone has different physiology. I would say if you have more icepicks and boxcars that aren't super deep just numerous, I felt dermabrasion would probably work well since it did with me. However, if you have more complicated, deep/sharp edges or fat loss, then it becomes more complicated where things like 2-3 things might be required. I have yet to hear really great consistent stuff about lasers, but I'm sure it does happen in some cases with the right doctor, person, and scar type. I just never viewed the risks worth the reward because I don't read a ton of "it was worth the money" or "it changed my life" type things about laser. It's more like "it did nothing" or "it helped 15% but cost me $5k" type posts. Again might be the laser/person.

I can only recommend what worked for me, dermabrasion. But for other things I've read good stuff on "multiple procedures" like subscision/filler, some laser mixed in, maybe some pcp needling or tca cross if a patient gets lucky, but I always tell people with those just do 1 spot to test first, don't do 8 spots and see them all widen.

Thanks for your input. I'm personallythinking of dermabrasion, but the thing I'm confused what fat loss is. For instance in my 20s I had a more plump baby face but in my 30s i aged and acne scars started being more noticeable. Is that fat loss? The scars always been there I think, probably done in myteenage years. Just wondering on this, if you had a good picture comparison on what's fat loss vs just a boxcar scar.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 03/23/2022 6:25 am

7 hours ago, researchresearch said:

Thanks for your input. I'm personallythinking of dermabrasion, but the thing I'm confused what fat loss is. For instance in my 20s I had a more plump baby face but in my 30s i aged and acne scars started being more noticeable. Is that fat loss? The scars always been there I think, probably done in myteenage years. Just wondering on this, if you had a good picture comparison on what's fat loss vs just a boxcar scar.

Fat loss is tissue that is destroyed through acne scars from small increments to large increments, and also fat loss from aging I guess is the best answer, however, I am mainly referring to the acne scar part. When you get an acne scar it like a missile blowing up tissue. You can see people who have large amounts of depression or tissue loss from it.

Basically the way I look at it, Dermabrasion mostly tries to healor generatethe top layer healing, blending or shaving. It's not designedto heal or stimulate collagen healing underneath really, well maybe some idk.

So let's say someone has a lot of fat/tissue loss, before they try to do cosmetic healing through something like Dermabrasion for the upper layer, they try to level or stimulate fat healing underneath through subscision usually or filler or other things.

Posted : 10/25/2022 9:59 am

On 3/21/2022 at 1:26 AM, suvvolo said:

Hello everybody

in the past few months I have been seeing some cases of ablative laser treatments that have amazing results. For example for Dr. Emil, or Dr. @drfazeelaabbasi. Both are on IG. What do you think? has there really been a step forward with ablative lasers? Honestly, after 2 CO2 laser treatments, months later I can say that my superficial scars have not improved. Only the TCA cross gave visible results. What do you think? thank you

I have heard that you should give it time and then see if there is improvement - it doesnt happen overnight. How long after the second co2 are you actually? I thought that lasers help mostly with shallow scars. In my opinion lasers work with other treatments and mostly when youre younger with good healing abilities.

MemberMember
(@sick_wit_it)

Posted : 10/25/2022 8:56 pm

Dermabrasion is one of the pioneer methods thats pretty harsh .harmless boy is right about what he is saying . Esp in darker skins dermabrasion carrys more risks with pigmentation issues . If someone has no fat loss and just has superficial scarring I see it helping but if not I would not do this . Thank god we have lasers for hyperpigmentation like v beam that has helped me in the past . I think certain RF miconeedling (insulated needles ) would be a better option .