Notifications
Clear all

Burn on face from apple cider vinegar - will it heal or scar?

MemberMember
(@bfessex60aol-com)

Posted : 12/29/2021 9:45 am

So I did basically the same thing this user did:

They never came back to do an update. I dabbed a cotton swab with ACV and used a band-aid to cover an area of my face I was trying to treat. I let it sit for a few hours. Unfortunately it left a burn mark on my face.

I am going to try treating the burn spot with coconut oil but I was wondering if anyone has experience or advice for this? Will it heal or scar?

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 12/29/2021 1:02 pm

3 hours ago, bls56 said:

So I did basically the same thing this user did:

They never came back to do an update. I dabbed a cotton swab with ACV and used a band-aid to cover an area of my face I was trying to treat. I let it sit for a few hours. Unfortunately it left a burn mark on my face.

I am going to try treating the burn spot with coconut oil but I was wondering if anyone has experience or advice for this? Will it heal or scar?

If I were you and this is fresh, I'd go see a dermatologist, or urgent clinic, or even ER if it's bad,for advice because I'm not an expert in what apple cider vinegar does to skin. Basic advice for any burns would be to use those healing ointments or just Vaseline if you're afraid the ointment would irritate it, I would guess. But if it's a large area any you're afraid of a burn scar you should seek more advice maybe there's some way to heal it early.

Usually minor burns do heal properly. I burned my finger on the stove and it thankfully healed up 2 weeks later. Other burns seem to leave a mark I have one on my arm. So I guess it depends on degree + how it's treated.

MemberMember
(@bfessex60aol-com)

Posted : 01/02/2022 10:00 am

Alright so an update. I'm doing this for anyone who might come across this in the future. I don't recommend using coconut oil. I did some research and it looks like coconut oil is alkalizing while your skin prefers a slightly acidic environment.

I gently massaged the spot with Cetaphil then covered it with a band-aid when I went to sleep. Did the same when I went out in public and to work. There are different varieties of Cetaphil, the one I used was "Gentle skin cleanser".

Showered once a day as usual without touching my face. After a day or two I noticed the scab was peeling off. Upon closer inspection I saw that it could probably fall off completely. I was pleasantly surprised to find fresh skin underneath. It's slightly pinkish in color but not noticeable from a distance.

This is where I am now. I'm going to baby this new skin. I'm currently covering it with a bandaid to protect it from the elements. When I go to work I'm going to dab Aquafor on the location for protection and cover it with a band-aid to protect from the sun and take the band-aid off when I get inside.

BTW, when the scab looks like it's peeling off it's important not to peel it off or mess with it until it's ready to come off or you might make the healing take longer. You need to inspect it and also use your intuition for when the time is right. When I noticed mine was peeling off I was ready to do the band-aid routine for a few more days until it feel off naturally but when I looked closer I saw that I could probably peel it off now.

MemberMember
(@julia-c06)

Posted : 01/14/2022 12:22 am

This happend to me to cause Im stupid but yeah I have a burn and just applying it with aloe Vera keeping it moistured please let me know if ther is anything else I should do

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/15/2022 8:12 pm

I don't know where you got this information, but you should always dilute ACV with water, and never cover it up with anything.