Notifications
Clear all

Vbeam is a waste, I think

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-dear)

Posted : 08/20/2021 8:11 pm

HI Scar experts,

I need some help I had a vbeam treatment to reduce the redness of my scar. I was shown pages and pages of people will large purple bruises covering there face following the treatment. However, Ive never bruised in my life literally broke multiple bones not a bruise had a car crash not a bruise. I told my practioner this and he didnt beleive me however had the treatment no marks at all, im concerned though is the bruising part of how the treatment works or is this a benefit for me having reduced downtime?

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 08/21/2021 4:01 am

7 hours ago, Scarsmakemewanttodie said:

HI Scar experts,

I need some help I had a vbeam treatment to reduce the redness of my scar. I was shown pages and pages of people will large purple bruises covering there face following the treatment. However, Ive never bruised in my life literally broke multiple bones not a bruise had a car crash not a bruise. I told my practioner this and he didnt beleive me however had the treatment no marks at all, im concerned though is the bruising part of how the treatment works or is this a benefit for me having reduced downtime?

I had V Beam done several times. Bruising occurs when the operator is too aggressive with the settings. When I got it done the first time, I was upset because I had to go back to work. The bruising lasted at least a week! But it actually did help with my brown spots. One would think it's for redness but I had some hyperpigmentation fade away which completely changed my self-esteem.

The second time I did it, I noticed no improvement. Maybe it was due to the less aggressive settings by a different operator.

MemberMember
(@samsadleir)

Posted : 08/21/2021 12:40 pm

I had no bruising for my v beam pie treatment, 3 sessions. First didn't seem to do huge amount, second reduced redness by about 70% seemingly out of no where, maybe the first one was also delayed response, third one didn't do much. overall, very effective at reducing redness massively. took about 2 months.