Notifications
Clear all

Did anyone had a lump or lumpiness m after subcision and got rid of it ?

MemberMember
(@preditorfighter)

Posted : 08/08/2021 11:55 am

I had a subcision from dr. Emil henningsen a year ago and got a lump/ lumpiness from the subcision. Unfortunately I had no improvement , but actually I wouldnt care If I wouldnt have any improvement , I just want to let my skin be like it was before the treatment. Dr. Henningsen did suggest steroid injection to dissolve the lumpiness and to be fair he did say that every treatment will be for free if it helps me, I give him a lot of credits for that. But Im scared that the steroid shot will make thinks worse and that I will have a bigger problem after that, thats why Im asking for people about their experiences with lumps or if you do know about somebody that had these Problems and didsolve them it would also be nice to know how they did deal with it

MemberMember
(@livingwithfaith)

Posted : 08/08/2021 12:25 pm

I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this. I have a similar issue as well from a punch excision. It created a hard lump of tissue underneathwhich is common with any surgery. It's been five months and it's still there though it does seem a bit flatter. A lot of people report that it just spontaneously resolves one day, but it's usually after at least a year or two before they notice that.

I'm not sure how long you've had your lump, but it may be wortha shot to get the steroid injection. I would hope it's of no charge to you since it's a complication caused by the doctor. Make sure it's a very, very diluted concentration of kenalog mixed with 5-fu. Take your time with the injections as they are known to cause atrophy when too much is injected or too often. You may need multiple.It's also worth considering a combination of that along with a fractionated laser or even nonablative if you want to be on the safe side. These usually help with hypertrophic scarring though it could take a number of treatments. They remodel the collagen from the deepest layers of your skin so at some point it should flatten, in theory at least, I can't give you any guarantees. This is just my knowledge from studying the role of fractional laser assisted steroid delivery on raised scar tissue over the course of at least 5 treatments. Plenty of peer reviewed research on this. The keloids and/or burns just aboutdisappear and the skin looksabout good as new so I don't see why it couldn't help with hard lumps from subcision. Ask Dr. Emil about this or another trusted doctor. If you're of a light complexion, they'll likely have way more options for you than they do for me. I'm usually met with blank stares because most docs don't want to mess with darker skin.

edit - I see you've had it for about a year. Yeah, now would be a good time to intervene as scars can get more stubborn with age. It's good that Emil is offering free treatment.

Another thing, steroid atrophy more often than not corrects itself within 6 months, so if that's a concern to you, maybe the benefit may outweigh the risk here since low concentration steroids are less likely to cause dents, and if they do, it's more likely to resolve.There's a very long thread on this forum on cortisone atrophy and majority posters had theirs eventually resolve within months and they shared tips on how to speed up the process. I think it's worth a shot if it's causing you this much psychological distress.

Jason2121 liked
MemberMember
(@baylenbb)

Posted : 08/08/2021 4:50 pm

5 hours ago, Jason2121 said:

I had a subcision from dr. Emil henningsen a year ago and got a lump/ lumpiness from the subcision. Unfortunately I had no improvement , but actually I wouldnt care If I wouldnt have any improvement , I just want to let my skin be like it was before the treatment. Dr. Henningsen did suggest steroid injection to dissolve the lumpiness and to be fair he did say that every treatment will be for free if it helps me, I give him a lot of credits for that. But Im scared that the steroid shot will make thinks worse and that I will have a bigger problem after that, thats why Im asking for people about their experiences with lumps or if you do know about somebody that had these Problems and didsolve them it would also be nice to know how they did deal with it

Sometimes lumpiness is due to the filler being injected between two different layers and it tends to hide within one of the layers and its happened to maybe less than 5% of the population that gets filler. For these people, the filler hasntdissolved, even going as far as many years later. Filler dissolver might help if the doctor targets it correctly.Your body could dissolve it itself over time or it can remain there. I will share some videos to aid you.

Here is a video of someone getting filler between a layer under their eye which you can learn how it occurs.

the next video is of a women who got jaw filler and how it didnt go away and how she got it dissolved. She describes the lumping. You dont have to watch the entire video from Beginning to end but there is a section where she discussed her problem with lumping after filler.

Let me know if this helps.

Edit: you didnt say you had filler done but just in case the doctor did filler + subcision, I added the info. If you did not get filler, get an ultrasound or even an MRI if you have insurance to see what the lump is. It could be a fatty cyst, which could be benign. Im not a doctor so Id recommend to see one.

I added another video to show you what a fatty cyst might look and feel like.

MemberMember
(@preditorfighter)

Posted : 08/09/2021 2:32 am

13 hours ago, LivingWithFaith said:

I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this. I have a similar issue as well from a punch excision. It created a hard lump of tissue underneath which is common with any surgery. It's been five months and it's still there though it does seem a bit flatter. A lot of people report that it just spontaneously resolves one day, but it's usually after at least a year or two before they notice that. 

I'm not sure how long you've had your lump, but it may be worth a shot to get the steroid injection. I would hope it's of no charge to you since it's a complication caused by the doctor. Make sure it's a very, very diluted concentration of kenalog mixed with 5-fu. Take your time with the injections as they are known to cause atrophy when too much is injected or too often. You may need multiple. It's also worth considering a combination of that along with a fractionated laser or even nonablative if you want to be on the safe side. These usually help with hypertrophic scarring though it could take a number of treatments. They remodel the collagen from the deepest layers of your skin so at some point it should flatten, in theory at least, I can't give you any guarantees. This is just my knowledge from studying the role of fractional laser assisted steroid delivery on raised scar tissue over the course of at least 5 treatments. Plenty of peer reviewed research on this. The keloids and/or burns just about disappear and the skin looks about good as new so I don't see why it couldn't help with hard lumps from subcision. Ask Dr. Emil about this or another trusted doctor. If you're of a light complexion, they'll likely have way more options for you than they do for me. I'm usually met with blank stares because most docs don't want to mess with darker skin.

edit - I see you've had it for about a year. Yeah, now would be a good time to intervene as scars can get more stubborn with age. It's good that Emil is offering free treatment.

Another thing, steroid atrophy more often than not corrects itself within 6 months, so if that's a concern to you, maybe the benefit may outweigh the risk here since low concentration steroids are less likely to cause dents, and if they do, it's more likely to resolve. There's a very long thread on this forum on cortisone atrophy and majority posters had theirs eventually resolve within months and they shared tips on how to speed up the process. I think it's worth a shot if it's causing you this much psychological distress.

Hey im also dark skinned( skin type 4 or something like that) and also can™t make use of all options unfortunately, but thanks for your recommendation and yeah I™ll maybe get a steroid shot and see what happens, the think is that the lump is under my skin And is causing contour irregularities and I also can feel the lump. I must say that I also got Radiesse filler, but I don™t really think it is the filler because the filker should last from 12-18 months and I only had a Tibet amount of filler and i think It might be gone. Could you maybe send me a link to the page where people did du has their steroid injection experience ? I did search for it Nice this site but I couldn™t find much. 

9 hours ago, Dontgiveupitsonlyscars said:

Sometimes lumpiness is due to the filler being injected between two different layers and it tends to œhide within one of the layers and it™s happened to maybe less than 5% of the population that gets filler. For these people, the filler hasn™t dissolved, even going as far as many years later. Filler dissolver might help if the doctor targets it correctly. Your body could dissolve it itself over time or it can remain there. I will share some videos to aid you. 

Here is a video of someone getting filler between a layer under their eye which you can learn how it occurs. 

the next video is of a women who got jaw filler and how it didn™t go away and how she got it dissolved. She describes the lumping. You don™t have to watch the entire video from Beginning to end but there is a section where she discussed her problem with lumping after filler. 

Let me know if this helps. 

Edit: you didn™t say you had filler done but just in case the doctor did filler + subcision, I added the info. If you did not get filler, get an ultrasound or even an MRI if you have insurance to see what the lump is. It could be a fatty cyst, which could be benign. I™m not a doctor so I™d recommend to see one.

I added another video to show you what a fatty cyst might look and feel like. 

Hey, yes i had radiesse as a filler which was not a wise decision, but at that time I didn™t know it better. But the doctor did say that I only had a tiny amount of filler and it should be fine by now I guess, anS my skin also feels so thick and makes me think it is scarring. That™s for the videos and the information. I had a MRI and they didn™t find any filler so I guess its Fibrosis or stuff like that. I just hope I can find a solution because my mental health is really declining since I had the treatment, I™m like a different person mentally, I was trying to stay optimistic and positive but at some point it felt like I™m lying to myself.I just only want to get rid of this lump :/  My scars where actually shallow and I really don™t know why BA did recommend 6-8 sub for me.  

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 08/09/2021 7:38 am

Hey im also dark skinned( skin type 4 or something like that) and also can™t make use of all options unfortunately, but thanks for your recommendation and yeah I™ll maybe get a steroid shot and see what happens, the think is that the lump is under my skin And is causing contour irregularities and I also can feel the lump. I must say that I also got Radiesse filler, but I don™t really think it is the filler because the filker should last from 12-18 months and I only had a Tibet amount of filler and i think It might be gone. Could you maybe send me a link to the page where people did du has their steroid injection experience ? I did search for it Nice this site but I couldn™t find much. 

Hey, yes i had radiesse as a filler which was not a wise decision, but at that time I didn™t know it better. But the doctor did say that I only had a tiny amount of filler and it should be fine by now I guess, anS my skin also feels so thick and makes me think it is scarring. That™s for the videos and the information. I had a MRI and they didn™t find any filler so I guess its Fibrosis or stuff like that. I just hope I can find a solution because my mental health is really declining since I had the treatment, I™m like a different person mentally, I was trying to stay optimistic and positive but at some point it felt like I™m lying to myself.I just only want to get rid of this lump :/  My scars where actually shallow and I really don™t know why BA did recommend 6-8 sub for me.  

6-8 subc he recommends almost everyone , he sells his generic acne scar treatment plan to almost everyone , easy money 

MemberMember
(@livingwithfaith)

Posted : 08/09/2021 8:20 am

Here's the link. I hope treatment goes well for you if you choose to do it

MemberMember
(@michakinona)

Posted : 01/08/2024 3:30 pm

@livingwithfaith can you send me the link please?