Notifications
Clear all

Has anyone addressed pigmentation (mainly PIE) before or while undergoing indented scar treatments?

MemberMember
(@acknee4life)

Posted : 05/07/2021 8:51 pm

Personally, I've had 2 TRIOs from Rullan done in the past 6 months, and I can't speak on how much that's done so far, but I'm starting to realize that my biggest issue isn't necessary the indented scars but the PIE that I've had for years. I was going to wait until I finished addressing the indented scars before fixing the pigmentation but I realized that would be a long time and caved and got a V-Beam. Now I'm deciding if I should just get another V-Beam too while I wait the 3 months period before going to Rullan again.

I'm asking because things like cross, erbium, etc. leave you with PIE and I'm wondering if I'll have to get V-Beamagainat the end or if that will resolve itself after a couple months of each treatment? From what I remember, after a couple months after my first trio with Rullan, it didn't look like I had any additional PIE but it's also hard to tell. Just wantedtoknow if anyone went this route and regretted it?

MemberMember
(@anon09299)

Posted : 05/08/2021 12:53 am

So did you already get 1 V-Beam? I think I fall into the same category as well and wondering how effective it is. If that is a primary issue I would go ahead and try focus on treating the PIEnow since it will make the most significant difference in terms of improvement. After just try to be extra careful with future treatments and make sure you prep your skin before withhydroquinone and stay out of the sun as much as possible after.

MemberMember
(@acknee4life)

Posted : 05/08/2021 6:10 am

5 hours ago, anon09299 said:

So did you already get 1 V-Beam? I think I fall into the same category as well and wondering how effective it is. If that is a primary issue I would go ahead and try focus on treating the PIEnow since it will make the most significant difference in terms of improvement. After just try to be extra careful with future treatments and make sure you prep your skin before withhydroquinone and stay out of the sun as much as possible after.

Yup I just got it yesterday. Can't speak on the effectiveness just yet. They told me don't expect much from one treatment though but I'll still see if I get any improvement.

Does hydroquinone help prevent or lessen pie? I feel like that'd only be for pih. I don't think I have too much or any of that

MemberMember
(@anon09299)

Posted : 05/08/2021 1:23 pm

7 hours ago, acknee4life said:

Yup I just got it yesterday. Can't speak on the effectiveness just yet. They told me don't expect much from one treatment though but I'll still see if I get any improvement.

Does hydroquinone help prevent or lessen pie? I feel like that'd only be for pih. I don't think I have too much or any of that

You are right it is more for PIH potentially happening from TCA. Still a good precaution in my opinion to just reduce overall redness.

MemberMember
(@lotstolearn)

Posted : 06/03/2021 7:06 pm

I'm in the same boat as you. Have done 4 treatments with Dr. Rullan but my biggest issue over the last 10 years has been PIE. I just started focusing more on it by being on tretinoin 0.025% daily to help even out the skin tones. Another thing that has helped are 15% TCA Peels but I just ordered 30% TCA peel as well and will dilute it down to 25%. And lastly, the most important is sunscreen, re-applying throughout the day of course.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 06/03/2021 9:11 pm

V Beam isn't the only laser for redness. Sometimes it depends on your skin type. For Caucasians, I think V Beam is optimal. For darker skin types, look into KTP lasers (different wavelength) which may be more effective.

It also depends on how aggressive the operator is. The first time I got V Beam, the doctor told me it was like a lunchtime treatment. His nurse used a high power and I was left with bruising. I was upset with the doctor because I had to go to work with purple spots on my face. But a few weeks later, I saw the results and was grateful.

I got it done a second time and didn't see results. Maybe it was due to the redness being in a different depth or something.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 06/03/2021 11:22 pm

Has anyone tried that BBL forever young or BBL Hero ? This is something that is supposed to work for this superficial things like redness , discoloration or pigment

MemberMember
(@flooressence)

Posted : 06/04/2021 2:30 am

5 hours ago, Amanda Hall said:

It also depends on how aggressive the operator is. The first time I got V Beam, the doctor told me it was like a lunchtime treatment. His nurse used a high power and I was left with bruising. I was upset with the doctor because I had to go to work with purple spots on my face. But a few weeks later, I saw the results and was grateful.

You're the first person I've seen post who had the same experience as me. My skin bruised tremendously after V-Beam, IIRC I had to book several days off work suddenly and even then it didn't clear for several more. But damn, it certainly cleared those bitches up like nothing else. I guess it was a high setting after all

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 06/04/2021 7:07 pm

My doctor apologized to me. Maybe he didn't know the nurse would be so aggressive. Or maybe he just really wanted me to commit to that treatment to get $$$. After all, he is somewhat greedy and his treatments are more expensive than other practices. I'm really glad I went through it but people need to realize that if you take time off work, that's money lost not earned. Therefore, your treatment is really much more expensive.

MemberMember
(@flooressence)

Posted : 06/05/2021 1:00 am

5 hours ago, Amanda Hall said:

I'm really glad I went through it but people need to realize that if you take time off work, that's money lost not earned. Therefore, your treatment is really much more expensive.

Its a good point and one of the harder aspects of treating scars. I'm doing post grad so I can at least stay productive when I book time off.I guess if people can plan a to-do list and goals for at home it can mitigate it a bit.

Funnily enough, I stopped caring about my scars for years and spent all my money and free time travelling Europe and Asia several times each, but now withCOVID and my country (Australia) banning all travel, I started using that leave for treatments, and that's sort of how the more recent part of my scar journey started (though I had v-beam in 2016). Makingthe best out of a bad situation I guess

MemberMember
(@acknee4life)

Posted : 07/01/2021 4:13 am

On 6/4/2021 at 5:07 PM, Amanda Hall said:

My doctor apologized to me. Maybe he didn't know the nurse would be so aggressive. Or maybe he just really wanted me to commit to that treatment to get $$$. After all, he is somewhat greedy and his treatments are more expensive than other practices. I'm really glad I went through it but people need to realize that if you take time off work, that's money lost not earned. Therefore, your treatment is really much more expensive.

On the flip side, with less aggressive of a setting, you'd have to get more treatments and that would get him more money also lol