Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myhojpoj

Where can I find healing timeline for my procedure

I’ve read tens of acne scar treatment papers and maybe one or two follow up at regular intervals to show scar improvement and redness subsiding timelines... I had fully ablative co2 laser a couple months ago and just want to know how anyone else has healed. Basically how long has someone (could even be an outlier for all i care) taken for those two metrics. And what scale of improvement are we talking? Linear, logarithmic, etc? I think time period is fairly known to be 6 months. But i just want to know what comes in between procedure and the 6-month mark.

Edited by myhojpoj

I had fractional co2 done a month ago and all my swellings are gone now I believe. I see may be 5-10% improvement? I'm not talking about individual scars, but in general. However, the residual redness makes the scar more prominent during the day time, so it kinda looks worse?

Also, even though I believe the collegan remodelling theories, I still think what you see after all your swelling goes down will be your final result. You might have some improvement over the 6 months, however, from my opinion, those are negligible 

10 hours ago, myhojpoj said:

I’ve read tens of acne scar treatment papers and maybe one or two follow up at regular intervals to show scar improvement and redness subsiding timelines... I had fully ablative co2 laser a couple months ago and just want to know how anyone else has healed. Basically how long has someone (could even be an outlier for all i care) taken for those two metrics. And what scale of improvement are we talking? Linear, logarithmic, etc? I think time period is fairly known to be 6 months. But i just want to know what comes in between procedure and the 6-month mark.

Depends on your scars. When I got my most aggressive CO2 treatment, I was bloody and scabby for about a week. I got hyperpigmentation for several months but it gradually went away. One crater scar got much shallower and I was very happy about it. It's somewhere between 40 and 60% improvement. We all have different scales so this could be 25 or 75% to you. The bottom line is that I didn't like one crater scar and, after one treatment, I don't need to improve it anymore. Other scars got shallower but I wanted a second treatment. Then there were some deeper scars that saw no change. These are scars that I got from accidents. The ones where I got stitches didn't improve at all.

The whole "scars continually improve during 6 months" doesn't carry much weight in my book. After CO2 treatment, your skin looks really good when it's swollen. Give it a few weeks and all of that excitement dips immensely. For me, I saw changes early on and it gradually died down instead of it getting better over time. That's how I feel.

I also got erythema during my other treatment. This was extremely persistent - I'm talking 4-6 months. It sometimes came and went maybe due to heat or me touching my face. But this was worse than hyperpigmentation for me.