Notifications
Clear all

Subcision + Suction Protocols (with a focus on the suction)

MemberMember
(@catharsis2018)

Posted : 02/01/2021 4:20 pm

Hi all.

After my last subcision (with two syringes of juvederm volite),I decided to a suctioning protocol beginning the 3rd day after the treatment. I know the filler is supposed to act as a spacer but the dermatologist I went to (one of the best in Toronto no less.. Baranakin) talked to me about the point of diminishing returns, whether Id actually see more improvement with the amount of treatments I have already doneetc, just basically rained on my parade lol. When I asked him if I shouldsuction after the session,he said it wouldnt hurt. (Side note: I wouldnt recommend this derm for subcision - he did not take his time, no lighting, didnt mark out my scars, etc. I basically made the decision to do the treatment during the initial consult because I had some dollars to waste, maybe some desperation, and because of his reputation as the best dermatologist in Toronto. He is definitely not an expert on acne scar revision)

my suction protocol - basically adapted from google, this forum, YouTube, intuition, available google scholar studies:using a suction set bought from owndoc - I suctionedeach area (my acne scarring ison my cheeks)..In the beginning of my protocol, Id only apply suction for4-5 seconds, and aimed to do 4 passes. I did this daily, 2-3times a day, for two weeks. By the end of it, I was suctioning for 10-12 seconds on each area with quite a bit of suction pressure, 3-4 passes, 2-3x a day.Side effects: TEMPORARY PIH and discolouration that have disappeared. All temporary.

Anyways, Baranakin was right. To my own amazement, my scars have gotten much smaller in size and are much level with the rest of my skin than before. It makes me regret not suctioning each time I did subcision in the past (Ive done about 9 subcisions with either Radiesse, sculptra and the last time was with the juvederm)

wondering who else on this forum has a suction protocol in place and if theyd share their experience

MemberMember
(@nick-corona)

Posted : 02/04/2021 11:18 am

What happened with seeing Dr. Sajic?

MemberMember
(@catharsis2018)

Posted : 02/12/2021 6:17 pm

On 2/4/2021 at 11:18 AM, Nick Corona said:

What happened with seeing Dr. Sajic?

I did see him... about 10 days prior to seeing Dr. Baranakin

MemberMember
(@maldeanadogmail-com)

Posted : 02/16/2021 2:08 pm

Hello!

Happy that suctioning after subcision has begun to yield positive results for you. I will soon undergo subcision myself and am wondering if your results with subcision + suctioning have continued after a few week or if you've seen your scars re-emerge.

Also wondering if it's perfectly safe and advisable to suction in areas where you've had filler injected?

MemberMember
(@stephanies2180yahoo-ca)

Posted : 06/27/2022 9:08 am

Thanks for sharing your journey with all of us. Im curious if you will do subscision again?

Also would you think its a good idea to do subscision with a thicker filler like Volbella?

I know Volbella isnt that thick but its thicker than Volite.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@tjdeare)

Posted : 06/28/2022 2:52 pm

I had my subcision on Monday afternoon. Do I start suctioning on the Wednesday afternoon or the Thursday?