Notifications
Clear all

Scar Treatment with Dr Weiner

MemberMember
(@xiuyanglin12gmail-com)

Posted : 01/31/2021 11:37 am

Hello all, I had my first acne scar treatment a few days ago with Dr weiner. Most of my  bigger scars are on my upper cheeks and temples. On my cheeks I have textural issues and some mild icepick scars. We did Subcision and Genius RF. For the TCA,  because of my darker skin type he did a test spot for a few scars and said he'd see how my skin behaves. The subcision was very quick, barely lasted 3-4 minutes, he said I didn't have much tethering. The genius RF was really painful though. Before performing the RF they used some 3D imaging device to determine the depth of my skin.Three passes on my cheeks and two on my temples. The settings they used were 2.4(50), 2(40) , 1.5(30) on my cheeks and 1.5(40),1.2(30) on my temples. My setting were pretty deep because of how thick my skin is.I plan to get 2 treatments from him and see if I get any results. If not I'll move on to another doc. I want to wait for 3 months before getting the next treatment and see how my skin behaves.  I'm currently in the microswelling stage. Will be updating my progress here.

Here are some of the before pics.

R1.jpg.5acb8a2b3e5b8f58b2339e30a0061cab.jpg

L2-st.jpg

L2Angle.jpg

R2-angle.jpg

R2.jpg

MemberMember
(@dakotadakota)

Posted : 02/02/2021 10:31 pm

Thank you for sharing.

Did he use any spacer to prevent rethetering of the scars? Will you be suctioning? (Unless the scars were nottheter in the first place)

Did he do TCA first, then subcision and last Genious?

Were you left with track marks from the Genious?

Did he discuss what level of improvement you should expect from 1 treatment?

thank you and congrats with taking the first step in the journey

MemberMember
(@xiuyanglin12gmail-com)

Posted : 02/03/2021 12:26 pm

13 hours ago, dakotadakota said:

Thank you for sharing.

Did he use any spacer to prevent rethetering of the scars? Will you be suctioning? (Unless the scars were nottheter in the first place)

Did he do TCA first, then subcision and last Genious?

Were you left with track marks from the Genious?

Did he discuss what level of improvement you should expect from 1 treatment?

thank you and congrats with taking the first step in the journey

Hello,

Didn't use any spacer. I didn't want to do fillers for the first couple of times. I want to see if I can heal naturally through collagen production. Because with filler I'll need to top it up every year or so. There are permanent fillers but there are other risks associated with that. So holding off on any fillers currently. Also he said that my scars weren't tethered that much.

Yes, I'm suctioning, I bought a suction tool off ebay for 10 bucks and I'm using that. I'm not suctioning at the TCA spots since I don't want to disturb the scabs.

Yes, First the TCA test spots, Subcision and then Genius.

I still have track marks from Genius. They seem to slowly fade away though.

Regarding improvements, he didn't really say anything. I forgot to ask him that question. I will evaluate at 2 months or so and see if got any improvements and If it's worth going back for another treatment.

Most of my scars are boxcars, the ones on my temples bother me the most. So I'm hoping Genius works for that. Only other options are TCA/ phenol cross. I feel subcision is useless for the scars on my temples.

Masty and Tonitrus09 liked
MemberMember
(@cmhhalliday)

Posted : 03/16/2021 12:06 pm

Hi! I would love to hear how you're healing and how you feel about your scar treatments with Dr. Weiner so far!

I am considering seeing him as well for subcision and TCA, maybe also fillers. Could you tell me what kind of subcision he did? Nokor or cannula?

MemberMember
(@xiuyanglin12gmail-com)

Posted : 03/16/2021 1:23 pm

1 hour ago, Tonitrus09 said:

Hi! I would love to hear how you're healing and how you feel about your scar treatments with Dr. Weiner so far!

I am considering seeing him as well for subcision and TCA, maybe also fillers. Could you tell me what kind of subcision he did? Nokor or cannula?

Hey, I recovered pretty quickly. Most of the swelling lasted for around 4-5 days and after that it was good. I only had subcision and Genius done, TCA was just 2 test spots on a scar. Regarding improvements unfortunately I didn't see much. Most likely I won't be going in for a second treatment considering the fact that I have to travel there and all the travel/lodging costs add up quickly.

He used Cannula.

MemberMember
(@cmhhalliday)

Posted : 03/16/2021 1:29 pm

4 minutes ago, HellishDuffel said:

Hey, I recovered pretty quickly. Most of the swelling lasted for around 4-5 days and after that it was good. I only had subcision and Genius done, TCA was just 2 test spots on a scar. Regarding improvements unfortunately I didn't see much. Most likely I won't be going in for a second treatment considering the fact that I have to travel there and all the travel/lodging costs add up quickly.

He used Cannula.

Thank you for this info! Can you explain the suctioning thing? Why do people do this with subcision? And if it helps, how come the provider doesn't recommend it (or did he?) as part of aftercare?

MemberMember
(@xiuyanglin12gmail-com)

Posted : 03/16/2021 1:41 pm

2 minutes ago, Tonitrus09 said:

Thank you for this info! Can you explain the suctioning thing? Why do people do this with subcision? And if it helps, how come the provider doesn't recommend it (or did he?) as part of aftercare?

Subcision cuts the tethers that anchor the scar. The idea behind suctioning is that it prevents those tethers/bonds from forming again. Alternatively some people use HA and other fillers to prevent that from happening.

There are a few studies which say that Suctioning+Sub is better than just doing just sub. Many people in this forum also swear by it. But I guess it isn't a proven science which could be why most dr's don't recommend it.

MemberMember
(@cmhhalliday)

Posted : 03/16/2021 2:01 pm

19 minutes ago, HellishDuffel said:

Subcision cuts the tethers that anchor the scar. The idea behind suctioning is that it prevents those tethers/bonds from forming again. Alternatively some people use HA and other fillers to prevent that from happening.

There are a few studies which say that Suctioning+Sub is better than just doing just sub. Many people in this forum also swear by it. But I guess it isn't a proven science which could be why most dr's don't recommend it.

Thank you for this! I am also wondering if we have comparative data for subcision + filler vs. subcision + suctioning. Pros and cons for both, effectiveness, etc.