Notifications
Clear all

Help for Mild Scarring

MemberMember
(@youngjjae23gmail-com)

Posted : 10/21/2020 2:14 am

Hi there! I need some advice on what I should do for my acne scarring. I believe I have ice pick and boxcar acne scars from the research I™ve been doing. I know my scars are not as bad as others however they still make me very self conscious especially when I wear makeup. I™ve finally gotten my acne under control for the most part and want to start addressing my scars now. I have had chemical peels in the past and have been thinking about microneedling but I™m not sure. I sent pictures of my scars to Dr. Rullan™s office and be sent back a recommendation of subcision CROSS with carbolic and microneedling. I personally have a fear of needles and am afraid of the idea of subcision and also thought that was for more severe scars. However he™s the dermatologist so I™m sure his recommendations are valid. Also looking for any recommendations for doctors in the US! Thanks in advance (:

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/21/2020 3:24 pm

13 hours ago, Serendipity77 said:

Hi there! I need some advice on what I should do for my acne scarring. I believe I have ice pick and boxcar acne scars from the research I™ve been doing. I know my scars are not as bad as others however they still make me very self conscious especially when I wear makeup. I™ve finally gotten my acne under control for the most part and want to start addressing my scars now. I have had chemical peels in the past and have been thinking about microneedling but I™m not sure. I sent pictures of my scars to Dr. Rullan™s office and be sent back a recommendation of subcision CROSS with carbolic and microneedling. I personally have a fear of needles and am afraid of the idea of subcision and also thought that was for more severe scars. However he™s the dermatologist so I™m sure his recommendations are valid. Also looking for any recommendations for doctors in the US! Thanks in advance (:

This will go against Dr Rullan's recommendation, so I'll leave the decision to your discretion. In my opinion, you don't need subcision. Scars are pretty shallow and don't look tethered. You don't need microneedling. At least not the dermapen that he uses. You do need CROSS (either TCA or Phenol). You display prominent scar borders. Cross will help to smooth out the edges. Blurring these edges alone will be a big improvement. After that, you can elevate the pit with dermal filler or other modalities like Infini. 

MemberMember
(@youngjjae23gmail-com)

Posted : 10/22/2020 2:00 am

@Sirius LeeThankyou for your reply! Its good to hear my feelings about the subcision are valid. I too didnt think I needed it and was kinda surprised that Dr. Rullan suggested it. Idefinitely am going to look into getting CROSS. Thank you for youre advice!