Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Souraprau

Acne scars

7 hours ago, Souraprau said:

Hi. I am 20 years old. I have acne scars on my face. I had a lot of acne , only sea water  can heal my acnes. But i have red acne scars. What can i heal it ?

Apply apple cider vinegar (1:1 ratio mixed with water) twice a day.

22 hours ago, can i get a new life please said:

Use a tretinoin cream, and keep moist.

Which cream can I use? 

15 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

Apply apple cider vinegar (1:1 ratio mixed with water) twice a day.

i used to do but Doesn't it cause more acne if the skin change the ph? Do I need moisturizing while using this?

3 hours ago, can i get a new life please said:

You need to use some tretinoin cream, google it. Tretinoin cream or ask your derm.

Well, I should just point out that the redness you see is from raw skin that is in the process of healing from acne. I don't think it would be wise to exfoliate the raw skin by applying tretinoin. It will likely only aggravate it.

3 hours ago, can i get a new life please said:

Isnt tretinoin help produce new skin? 

It does and I agree Tretinoin helps reduce hyperpigmentation as well. But I believe fresh scars, including hyperpigmentation, should be allowed to heal properly. Remember that retinoid like tretinoin speeds up the skin cell turnover, so you will exfoliate quicker than usual. I don't think this is such a good idea with fresh scars.

3 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

It does and I agree Tretinoin helps reduce hyperpigmentation as well. But I believe fresh scars, including hyperpigmentation, should be allowed to heal properly. Remember that retinoid like tretinoin speeds up the skin cell turnover, so you will exfoliate quicker than usual. I don't think this is such a good idea with fresh scars.

this is 100 % correct , please don't apply tretinoin to fresh scars