Notifications
Clear all

Venus viva or infini rf?

MemberMember
(@evavskoalagmail-com)

Posted : 10/01/2020 5:08 pm

Where i live, infini/intensif is twice more expensive than venus viva

And i thought- I could do 4 sessions of venus viva instead of doing 2 sessions of infini

What is the major difference b/w venus viva and infini rf? I know that venus viva is nano microneedling rf device and infini is microneedling rf device(i have no idea what difference that makes honestly) andinfini goes deeper than venus viva. Since my scars are not that deep, do you think its OK to try venus viva instead of infini?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/01/2020 6:48 pm

1 hour ago, Tory said:

Since my scars are not that deep, do you think its OK to try venus viva instead of infini?

First and foremost, RF microneedling was created with the skin tightening in mind. Infini comes with higher power than Venus, thereby delivering more joules under the skin. This is great for those with pretty deep scars.On the other hand, if you have shallow scars, it makes no difference IMO.

However, Infini does come with an insulated tip so the energy is focus at the tip and not evenly spread out to the entire needle. This helps to prevent charring. Hence, this will be good for those who areprone to hyperpigmentation (eg. non-Caucasian).

MemberMember
(@dilyana-cvetkovaweb-de)

Posted : 10/02/2020 6:14 pm

23 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

First and foremost, RF microneedling was created with the skin tightening in mind. Infini comes with higher power than Venus, thereby delivering more joules under the skin. This is great for those with pretty deep scars.On the other hand, if you have shallow scars, it makes no difference IMO.

However, Infini does come with an insulated tip so the energy is focus at the tip and not evenly spread out to the entire needle. This helps to prevent charring. Hence, this will be good for those who areprone to hyperpigmentation (eg. non-Caucasian).

What helps witj shallow scars? What do you base your opinion on that rf microneedling is great for deep scars but makes no difference on shallow scarring. What does the medical literature say about it?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/02/2020 8:10 pm

3 hours ago, Vika88 said:

What helps witj shallow scars? What do you base your opinion on that rf microneedling is great for deep scars but makes no difference on shallow scarring. What does the medical literature say about it?

You got that backward. RF microneedling is good for shallow to medium scars, whereas subcision is better for medium to deep scars.

Evidence? Many years of observation on myself and others.

Edit: Here's a translation regarding my earlier statement, which you've mistakenly understood.

Original: "Infini comes with higher power than Venus, thereby delivering more joules under the skin.This is great for those with pretty deep scars.On the other hand, if you have shallow scars, it makes no difference IMO."

Translation: Infini is better than Venus for deeper scars because it's more powerful. But if the scar is shallow, it doesn't matter if it's Infini or Venus.

Tory liked
MemberMember
(@evavskoalagmail-com)

Posted : 10/02/2020 10:06 pm

1 hour ago, Sirius Lee said:

You got that backward. RF microneedling is good for shallow to medium scars, whereas subcision is better for medium to deep scars.

Edit: Here's a translation regarding my earlier statement, which you've mistakenly understood.

Original: "Infini comes with higher power than Venus, thereby delivering more joules under the skin.This is great for those with pretty deep scars.On the other hand, if you have shallow scars, it makes no difference IMO."

Translation: Infini is better than Venus for deeper scars because it's more powerful. But if the scar is shallow, it doesn't matter if it's Infini or Venus.

Thank you Sirius! It's pretty clear now

MemberMember
(@dilyana-cvetkovaweb-de)

Posted : 10/04/2020 8:59 am

On 10/3/2020 at 3:10 AM, Sirius Lee said:

Ah ok. So you're speaking from experience. Ithought you could point to a medical study that examines this.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/04/2020 1:58 pm

4 hours ago, Vika88 said:

Ah ok. So you're speaking from experience. Ithought you could point to a medical study that examines this.

Well, I doremember reading an article in the past about RF efficacy on various scar types. But I don't feel like searching for it.