Notifications
Clear all

Best doctors in California?

MemberMember
(@sheila619)

Posted : 08/24/2020 10:42 pm

Hello, I have some minor ice pick scars, box scars, etc. on my face. I am looking for a very good doctor in California that is excellent in fixing these areas. I want to make sure that the doctor go to 100% does not mess up my face. Does anyone have any recommendations? Doesn't matter where in California, I just need the best list of doctors.

I have photos of my face on my previous thread that I have on my profile

Thank you

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 08/24/2020 11:29 pm

43 minutes ago, Sheila619 said:

Hello, I have some minor ice pick scars, box scars, etc. on my face. I am looking for a very good doctor in California that is excellent in fixing these areas. I want to make sure that the doctor go to 100% does not mess up my face. Does anyone have any recommendations? Doesn't matter where in California, I just need the best list of doctors.

I have photos of my face on my previous thread that I have on my profile

Thank you

Not sure about who is the best, but the most popular on the list is Dr Rullan in San Diego. Just be prepared to pay top dollars.

It sounds as if you want 100% certainty, but there is no such a thing in medicine. Everything comes with a downside risk. Even taking aspirin poses a risk for some people with blood issue.

MemberMember
(@sheila619)

Posted : 08/24/2020 11:42 pm

11 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

Not sure about who is the best, but the most popular on the list is Dr Rullan in San Diego. Just be prepared to pay top dollars.

It sounds as if you want 100% certainty, but there is no such a thing in medicine. Everything comes with a downside risk. Even taking aspirin poses a risk for some people with blood issue.

Are there any people who have experiences with him here? Any videos or photos? I'll check him out

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 08/25/2020 1:33 pm

13 hours ago, Sheila619 said:

Are there any people who have experiences with him here? Any videos or photos? I'll check him out

Please note that I'm not personally endorsing Dr Rullan. I'm only regurgitating what others have said about him. That said, these are quick searches done on this site as well as elsewhere. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.

1) Acne.org members: https://www.acne.org/search/?q=rullan&quick=1&type=forums_topic

2) Google images of before/after: https://www.google.com/search?q=rullan+scar+before+after&sxsrf=ALeKk03SVsVNhCfsppV8xHoCrKRZZdQYCw:1598380103257&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiIzZTy_bbrAhVBs54KHaIrCBEQ_AUoAXoECA4QAw&biw=1278&bih=569

2) Youtube testimonials: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=peter+rullan+scar

malia02 liked
MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 08/26/2020 5:00 am

On 8/24/2020 at 9:42 PM, Sheila619 said:

Dr. Rullan seems to be the most recommended doctor for scars in CA. He's known for subcision and Phenol Cross.

I've seen him multiple times. My results were not like others because my scars are not the best ones for those two treatments. However, based on what other people have said, he should be at the top of the list for doctors to at least consider.

He's raised his costs substantially but they are still reasonable compared to many doctors in CA.

He seems very honest, direct, and caring. I really this about Dr. Rullan. Yes, he has to make money, but he's more compassionate than other greed-filled doctors.

What you have to know....

Phenol Cross can widen/deepen scars. However, it could still be better than TCA Cross. You may see online references that say Phenol Cross doesn't do this but it's not true. I would still go this route instead of TCA Cross.

He's not the best with lasers. Stick with Phenol Cross and subcision.

The office is not the most organized. You really need to remind them what the hell is going on and don't feel bad about it.

MemberMember
(@myhope)

Posted : 08/26/2020 11:30 am

I would also highly recommend Dr. Rullan, I saw him back in July for ice pick, box cars, tethered, and cobblestone/pebblestone scaring.

First of all, his consultations are free (I did mine via email), so it doesn't hurt to get his opinion. I wish I would have known this earlier, as I visited several other dermatologists in California and they all charged for a brief consultation, the biggest con artist wasAnnie Chiu from the Derm Institute ($200 for a 15 minute consult, offered subscision without any anesthetic, very rude staff).

Dr. Rullan performed phenol cross, subcision, filler, and erbium laser all in one setting. He even performed subscision on my boxcar scars. Although,I am still healing have seen great improvement so far, none of my scars look tethered in bad lighting anymore.

He is also a very caring and friendly doctor and his staff is great.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions about my experience with him and good luck!

MemberMember
(@lany)

Posted : 05/24/2021 5:18 pm

Hi @Sirius Lee, Do you know any good Drsin California, who specializes in Lasers, Genius and fillers? thanks

MemberMember
(@kayleexroseyahoo-com)

Posted : 05/28/2021 3:25 pm

On 8/26/2020 at 9:30 AM, myhope said:

I would also highly recommend Dr. Rullan, I saw him back in July for ice pick, box cars, tethered, and cobblestone/pebblestone scaring.

First of all, his consultations are free (I did mine via email), so it doesn't hurt to get his opinion. I wish I would have known this earlier, as I visited several other dermatologists in California and they all charged for a brief consultation, the biggest con artist wasAnnie Chiu from the Derm Institute ($200 for a 15 minute consult, offered subscision without any anesthetic, very rude staff).

Dr. Rullan performed phenol cross, subcision, filler, and erbium laser all in one setting. He even performed subscision on my boxcar scars. Although,I am still healing have seen great improvement so far, none of my scars look tethered in bad lighting anymore.

He is also a very caring and friendly doctor and his staff is great.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions about my experience with him and good luck!

Hey, I have a consultation with Dr. Rullan next week. Can you talk more about your experience with phenol cross? I saw a comment above that said it can deepenand widen scars? Did this happen to you? How much improvement do you think youve achieved with these treatments?

MemberMember
(@anon09299)

Posted : 05/28/2021 3:49 pm

17 minutes ago, Ziggystardust72 said:

Hey, I have a consultation with Dr. Rullan next week. Can you talk more about your experience with phenol cross? I saw a comment above that said it can deepenand widen scars? Did this happen to you? How much improvement do you think youve achieved with these treatments?

I think widening but flattening is more common however it is considered safer than TCA. I haven't gotten any complications except for redness which persists for a few months but no deepening or noticeable widening. I got 3 trios (phenol cross, subcision and erbium laser) done and would say around 25-30% improvement.

MemberMember
(@kayleexroseyahoo-com)

Posted : 05/28/2021 10:43 pm

6 hours ago, anon09299 said:

I think widening but flattening is more common however it is considered safer than TCA. I haven't gotten any complications except for redness which persists for a few months but no deepening or noticeable widening. I got 3 trios (phenol cross, subcision and erbium laser) done and would say around 25-30% improvement.

Thanks for sharing. Do you plan on getting more of those same treatments?

MemberMember
(@anon09299)

Posted : 05/28/2021 11:37 pm

48 minutes ago, Ziggystardust72 said:

Thanks for sharing. Do you plan on getting more of those same treatments?

Maybe I haven't really planned for it. I traveled to get it done and my employer wants us back in the office next month so it is a bit more difficult to find the time. Downtime for me was about a week.

MemberMember
(@aj27)

Posted : 02/15/2023 9:04 pm

I got treatement from him for my acne scars , Trio procedures had good results . I am of skin type V (brown Indian skin) .
But I got a phenol peel from , it's been around 5+ months and results have been bad so far . My face skin is hypopigmented , some part face skin is completely blotchy in some areas .

May be he might be good doctor for other skin types . But my journey so far has been nightmarish after phenol peel.

MemberMember
(@kelly4)

Posted : 02/16/2023 11:23 am

@amanda-hall I am scheduled to have canula subcision, phenol cross, and erbium with him on March 1. What do you mean that he's not the best with lasers? Will he screw my face up with the erbium? He also suggested subcision and saline injections on my temples... is this safe in that area? It's close to my eyes an more nerves and that freaks me out. Plus Mary, his office manager is very, unresponsive. This worries me.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Kelly
MemberMember
(@kelly4)

Posted : 02/16/2023 11:31 am

@myhope his consults are free? I paid 150 bucks for my virtual with him directly and didn't get to have all my questions answered because he was a bit rushed. He seemed very nice though. His office manager Mary is very unresponsive, which worries me if I have any issues after. I'm hoping Dr. Rullan will give me his cell directly if I have any follow-up care directly (I read that he has done that with some patients). I am supposed to have subcision, phenol cross, and erbium done in a couple of weeks. He mentioned filler, but that freaks me out too much. Do you have before and after pics? Did you have subcision done on your temples? He suggested subcision with saline injections there... a little worried because it is by my eyes and more nerves. Did the office give you written pre, post-op instructions? I'm trying to get thosw sent to me know so I know what to expect in advance. Do you know if their Erbium laser is ablative or non-ablative? Mary told me non-ablative, but I always like to double check with others who have done it. Did you suction after subcision? Thanks so much

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by Kelly
MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 02/22/2023 8:31 pm

@kelly4 Dr. Rullan does laser work but if you're expecting a miracle from them for significant scarring, you'll be disappointed. He doesn't do intensive work like one doctor that made me bleed all over - but I got results from her. I'm guessing he'll use the Alma Pixel on you like he did with me. Does this mean it's not going to work? No. But I wouldn't count on seeing noticeable results after one session or major results after many unless you're targeting superficial scars.

I got saline injections done for hyperpigmented cysts. I don't know if those did anything but they weren't expensive so I just went ahead and did them. Had one session.

If you're unsure about something, don't feel pressured to proceed. It might be better to spend your money on repeating treatments that you feel comfortable with.

I would trust Dr. Rullan regarding where he does filler and subcision since he's done this for so many years.