Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StrikerO

It's there a new 2020 treatment for heavy acne scars in the back for my father? Chile or Worldwide.

Hello,

Well this is sad to write, i was talking with my mother about my moderate acne that i am threaten with accutante,

When she told me about the acne scars of my father, that he have been hiding from all all his life, i am 28 and NEVER see his back, i have seen him with no tshirt but he always

manage to hide his back,

Well she told me crying that he have try everything with no success, he have a lot of money, so money if not an issue, is there something new? because if he have try all,  i dont know how can i help him

So i am looking all over internet for new treatment and to ask my mother is they have try that, since my dad dont know that i am aware about his problem.

 

He have been always so good to all in my family,  and me to help him with this will be like the best thing in the world,

please any recommendation much appreciated,, since i haven't seen his back, it's hard, i search some pics with my mother and she told me its like this one all over his back.

My mother  says he have try ALL, so i dont know, even a plastic surgeon say that was not possible, but well we are in a sub-country (Chile) so maybe in EEUU,

well any information much appreciated

 

The photo its like this one ,all over his back.

 

image.png.d30247a4f113a77600ee913d4da76f99.png

Edited by StrikerO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StrikerO said:

Someone?

It sounds like it's pretty sensitive, so I'm guessing he won't be open to you taking a picture of his back. Unfortunately without one it is tough to develop a great plan. I would send a PM to beautifulambition to get some good recommendations. I'm guessing it would require multiple different treatments spaced out over time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StrikerO said:

Someone?

It would also be helpful to learn what he has already tried. Although you say he tried everything, maybe there is a certain treatment that he missed. Let’s hope, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Skin Pessimist said:

It sounds like it's pretty sensitive, so I'm guessing he won't be open to you taking a picture of his back. Unfortunately without one it is tough to develop a great plan. I would send a PM to beautifulambition to get some good recommendations. I'm guessing it would require multiple different treatments spaced out over time

 

4 hours ago, squeezeMcQueen said:

It would also be helpful to learn what he has already tried. Although you say he tried everything, maybe there is a certain treatment that he missed. Let’s hope, right?

Hello, thanks for the reply

Well yes its hard to ask, but i  am looking for new or the best procedures and ask my mother if my dad has had them,

 

In other way i just contact a specialist from Chile who appears in the list of doctors on this page to coordinate an hour,
so we will see how that goes also,

But like i told you, its pretty similar to the photo i put in the post, but all over his back.


greetings and thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2020 at 3:30 AM, StrikerO said:

 

Hello, thanks for the reply

Well yes its hard to ask, but i  am looking for new or the best procedures and ask my mother if my dad has had them,

 

In other way i just contact a specialist from Chile who appears in the list of doctors on this page to coordinate an hour,
so we will see how that goes also,

But like i told you, its pretty similar to the photo i put in the post, but all over his back.


greetings and thanks

It's tough to say without seeing the actual scars, because the type and magnitude impacts which treatments should be selected. This page has some helpful information on treatments: https://www.acne.org/acne-scar-treatment.html

After viewing that web page, can you identify which types of acne scars he has?

I wouldn't recommend starting off with any sort of laser treatment. Many dermatologists try rushing patients to that procedure. If your father has ice pick scars, TCA cross is usually an excellent treatment. Subcision is a great treatment for tethered rolling scars and greatly improves volume. Something to keep in mind is that it's best practice to space procedures out, as collagen regeneration takes multiple months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×