Notifications
Clear all

A confession of a 33 YO acne scar patient

MemberMember
(@694842377qq-com)

Posted : 05/29/2020 10:35 am

Hi, everyone

I always want to improve my acne scars, I'm 33 yo and have the scars for 12-13 years, in the past years I tried 4 times CO2 treatments, 3 times erbium YAG treatments(last treatment was in May 2020), somehow, I'm not very satisfied, I'm seeking for something more efficient, and I notice it annoys me more and more now

Here I attached the pictures of my scars, it more or less reflects my skin status now, looks like my primary scars are wide boxcar? after checking online, I saw there are some non-laser treatments such as subcision

Do you think subcision is the best solution for me?  How many sessions do I need?

Another thing is that I live in the Netherlands, I searched and asked around, seems no Doc. here performs subcision, does anyone have some recommendations?

Thanks in advance and stay safe guys

202003230604.jpeg

202003230604-2.jpeg

MemberMember
(@ravi-kumar-engineer)

Posted : 05/29/2020 1:45 pm

TCA cross / phenol cross multiple times will helps you best.

Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@694842377qq-com)

Posted : 05/29/2020 1:54 pm

Thanks, I'm think of subcision after checking some research online, I think for my scar type:depressed boxcar, this should be the best?

MemberMember
(@ravi-kumar-engineer)

Posted : 05/29/2020 1:58 pm

4 minutes ago, azeaze said:

Thanks, I'm think of subcision after checking some research online, I think for my scar type:depressed boxcar, this should be the best?

Yes subscision willhelp you too specifically for some depressed scars , but most of your scars are boxcar andice pick with defined edges , TCA cross should be and must be your primary treatment .
If you see instagram of dr davin lim , there was one patient with excatly similar scaring as you.

TCA cross + low density CO2 -> see dr davin lim latest post

Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/29/2020 8:10 pm

9 hours ago, azeaze said:

Do you think subcision is the best solution for me? How many sessions do I need?
Another thing is that I live in the Netherlands, I searched and asked around, seems no Doc. here performs subcision, does anyone have some recommendations?

You have mainly boxcars with enlarged pores. Your scars are too mild for subcision and you won't see much improvement. TCA would work for those boxcars and Glycolic peel is effective for enlarged pores.

You might want to contact Dr. Emil Henningsen. He'sin Denmark and he specializes in acne scars. Click on the link below for more info.

MemberMember
(@694842377qq-com)

Posted : 05/30/2020 5:18 am

Thanks, Lee

I mailed Dr.Emil but no reply so far, I think my scars in real is deeper than in the pic, I define it as moderate scars,the problem with peel is I'm afraid I will have hyper-pigmentation afterwards, and I also heard something about conotrolled depth blue peel, I asked my laser therapist, she also thinks subcision maybe a better solution than peeling in my case

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 06/15/2020 1:42 am

Better reach out to BeautifulAmbition directly. I'm certainly not an expert but I've read that subcision is best for rolling scars, which you do not have.

hlp334 liked